Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Not antisemitic 07:26 - Sep 23 with 19945 viewsGlasgowBlue

So the Labour Party conference has started and there’s absolutely no sign of antisemitism on day one. None at all.

[Post edited 23 Sep 2019 7:32]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Not antisemitic on 20:29 - Sep 23 with 1949 viewsDarth_Koont

Not antisemitic on 20:23 - Sep 23 by longtimefan

So our “take home” from this is that the Leader of the Opposition just does what his advisors tell him to do?

Might as well. As the OP and this thread shows, things just mean what people want them to mean.

I for one will never get over the torrent of vicious antisemitic abuse the JLM leader received.

Pronouns: He/Him

Not antisemitic on 20:33 - Sep 23 with 1936 viewsBrixtonBlue

Not antisemitic on 20:23 - Sep 23 by longtimefan

So our “take home” from this is that the Leader of the Opposition just does what his advisors tell him to do?

I don't know what he was advised, but it seems reasonable. And it's one instance, so no evidence at all that "the Leader of the Opposition just does what his advisors tell him to do."

People do often follow what advisors advise. Otherwise there'd be no point having advisors.

Either way, your claim of game set and match seems to not be the case. New balls please.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Not antisemitic on 20:47 - Sep 23 with 1912 viewslongtimefan

Not antisemitic on 20:33 - Sep 23 by BrixtonBlue

I don't know what he was advised, but it seems reasonable. And it's one instance, so no evidence at all that "the Leader of the Opposition just does what his advisors tell him to do."

People do often follow what advisors advise. Otherwise there'd be no point having advisors.

Either way, your claim of game set and match seems to not be the case. New balls please.

So basically you’re saying everything the Leader of the Opposition says is gospel unless it counters your point of view when it must be because an Advisor told him to say it.
Not antisemitic on 21:28 - Sep 23 with 1874 viewsBluesquid

Not antisemitic on 20:11 - Sep 23 by BrixtonBlue

I imagine Corbyn's been advised to say that. Because of people like you twisting it. Like others in the thread I disagree with him.

Every one of your examples has been pulled apart as false (by posters more knowledgable than me).

The video... I've just watched it. Can't hear any booing.

There are plenty of examples of anti semitism (which you've highlighted before and are disgusting). Making them up just weakens your argument.

This is how GB rolls as we all know, the other week he was going on about how Iran wants a "Jew free Middle East" and when he got rumbled he scarpered like a good'un only to pop up later to continue to push his agenda as he always does.
Not antisemitic on 23:42 - Sep 23 with 1833 viewsWacko

Not antisemitic on 18:19 - Sep 23 by GlasgowBlue

The IHRA definition is accepted by all democratic western governments, the majority of UK local authorities and the CPS, so you can contest all you want but the McPherson principle says that the minority gets to define the racism that is used against them.

Now I have clearly set out why I believe the 5 links I posted this morning were antisemitic in a reply to Callis. You either lack the ability or the willingness to read what was posted.

I don't intend to waste much more time on you so I'll set it out one last time.

1. Labour is currently under a statutory investigation by the EHRC for "unlawfully discriminating against, harassed or victimised people because they are Jewish". The complaints against Labour antisemitism has been driven by bodies who are representative of the majority of British Jews (The BOD) or Jewish Labour members (The JLM). The poster suggests that accusations of antisemitism in Labour are being created by the Israeli lobby.

The IHRA definition says it is antisemitic to accuse Jewish citizens of being more loyal to Israel, or to the alleged priorities of Jews worldwide, than to the interests of their own nations.

Even Jeremy Corbyn has come out and said that the poster was antisemitic.

Hilariously, the antisemitic cartoonist has got the hump with Corbyn which has lead to one of Jezza's outrider to accuse the cartoonist of working for "Israeli Secret Services". You couldn't make this sh1t up.

2. The leaflet was produced by a holocaust revisionist who also happened to be the bloke who put up the poster. The conspiracies are that a Jewish group (JLM) affiliated to the Labour party are engaged in a plot to remove Corbyn as leader. The leaflet accuses a minority community who have been on the end of vile antisemitic abuse from Labour party members of "faking" the antisemitism they have been subjected to and conspiring with Israeli agents (an age old duel loyalty trope that is deeply antisemitic).

So again this one falls under the example of accusing Jewish citizens of being more loyal to Israel, or to the alleged priorities of Jews worldwide, than to the interests of their own nations.

3. It calls Israel a racist endeavour. That directly contravenes the IHRA definition of antisemitism. Yes I know you want to contest that. But you don't get to. The International Holocaust Remembrance Alliance does.

4. A Jewish delegate is clearly heckled by several people for calling out racism against his community. At 0.40, 1.34. Why do you think Mike Katz says "no matter what you think and what you shout"?

If any other minority was stood on a stage complaining about racism against their community and he or she was heckled, it would be quite rightly be condemned as racist. Are you suggesting Jews deserve less than any other minority community?

5. The 4 speakers at the fringe meeting have been suspended or expelled from the Labour party for antisemitism. If the Tory party held a fringe meeting featuring 4 former members expelled for racism it would quite rightly be called a racist meeting.

You may agree or disagree with what I've posted but don't be so bloody silly as to demand I remove my op.
[Post edited 23 Sep 2019 18:46]

Late to the party as I've been out on the bubbly with my comrades. Darth_Koont aptly took over taking you to task since you're now squeezing out tenuous links to the IHRA definition (which, no, you didn't refer to in your reply to Callis). I think there's a glaring misinterpretation of the only other example you reference, between ALL Jewish citizens and SOME Jewish citizens. Plus the contradictory part: 'criticism of Israel similar to that leveled against any other country cannot be regarded as antisemitic', which I keep repeating and you keep ignoring. And in 3 I'm contesting the logic only, which is plain to see, and not a matter of interpretation. In that nowhere does the article seek to deny the Jewish people their right to self-determination, especially since it's coming from an Israeli Jew.

I just want to add: you may feel you have 'wasted time' on me but I see it as time spent hopefully learning a lesson that it is not right to post allegations without backing them up with evidence. Your flippant patronising reply and that of your disciple this morning was the biggest factor in me (and I guess the others) spending an entire day to get you to justify your comments (which you still haven't done completely, based on your own framework). The truth is, you have no idea what I personally agree or disagree with you about since I've been careful not to put any of my beliefs into my posts. The only thing I've shown to disagree is your poor arguing skills, which, if I'm allowed a parting shot, is just as much, if not more, '6th-former' than anyone else on this forum.

Poll: Who would you rather see lose their job?

Not antisemitic on 00:10 - Sep 24 with 1819 viewsBrixtonBlue

Not antisemitic on 20:47 - Sep 23 by longtimefan

So basically you’re saying everything the Leader of the Opposition says is gospel unless it counters your point of view when it must be because an Advisor told him to say it.

Are you a bit simple?

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Not antisemitic on 00:21 - Sep 24 with 1814 viewsBrixtonBlue

Not antisemitic on 21:28 - Sep 23 by Bluesquid

This is how GB rolls as we all know, the other week he was going on about how Iran wants a "Jew free Middle East" and when he got rumbled he scarpered like a good'un only to pop up later to continue to push his agenda as he always does.

He's always 'busy' when it suits.

It's called "The Glasgow Swerve" apparently.

Not antisemitic on 00:29 - Sep 24 with 1809 viewsBrixtonBlue

Not antisemitic on 16:23 - Sep 23 by GlasgowBlue

I’ve clearly set out why not just I, but representatives of the Jewish community believe these examples over the weekend were antisemitic.

And I’m sorry zed but you are not in a position to decide what examples in the IHRA definition are contestable. The definition is the definition. You can’t lick and choose the bits you disagree with.

Your last paragraph is just word soup.
[Post edited 23 Sep 2019 16:24]

Does make me laugh how anyone a bit more disparaging but more clued-up than you is instantly called Zed.

To be fair, when you're not running away you're often attacking the man.

You've become one-eyed.

Login to get fewer ads

Not antisemitic on 08:42 - Sep 24 with 1736 viewslongtimefan

Not antisemitic on 00:10 - Sep 24 by BrixtonBlue

Are you a bit simple?

Well that's a classic lose the argument, so insult the the other person, well done! To bring it all back around, Game Set and Match. Good day.
Not antisemitic on 07:58 - Sep 25 with 1647 viewsGlasgowBlue

I’ll just add this in conclusion.

Hate Not Hate attended no 5 as part of their work tracking antisemitism on the left.

Two cartoons deemed by the Guardia to be too antisemitic to publish were raffled off at a Labour Representation Committee event on Monday. The president of the organisation is John McDonnell.

https://antisemitism.uk/two-antisemitism-cartoons-too-risky-for-the-guardian-raf

And this anecdote from the Guardian’s Jonathan Freedland

[Post edited 25 Sep 2019 8:12]

Iron Lion Zion

Not antisemitic on 08:13 - Sep 25 with 1616 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Not antisemitic on 07:58 - Sep 25 by GlasgowBlue

Hate Not Hate attended no 5 as part of their work tracking antisemitism on the left.

Two cartoons deemed by the Guardia to be too antisemitic to publish were raffled off at a Labour Representation Committee event on Monday. The president of the organisation is John McDonnell.

https://antisemitism.uk/two-antisemitism-cartoons-too-risky-for-the-guardian-raf

"In conclusion..." #pompousorwhat

....so Steve Bell the Guardian cartoonist is an anti semite now.
....and 2 men asked another man a question...

Earth shattering distraction from somewhat more pressing developments.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Not antisemitic on 08:15 - Sep 25 with 1620 viewsfooters

Not antisemitic on 08:13 - Sep 25 by BanksterDebtSlave

"In conclusion..." #pompousorwhat

....so Steve Bell the Guardian cartoonist is an anti semite now.
....and 2 men asked another man a question...

Earth shattering distraction from somewhat more pressing developments.

Peroration would have been a better fit, old bean!

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Not antisemitic on 08:32 - Sep 25 with 1605 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Not antisemitic on 08:15 - Sep 25 by footers

Peroration would have been a better fit, old bean!

We have indeed been prorogued by the board P.M.

Not antisemitic on 13:04 - Sep 25 with 1561 viewsBrixtonBlue

Not antisemitic on 08:32 - Sep 25 by BanksterDebtSlave

We have indeed been prorogued by the board P.M.

I like how several people have pulled apart his OP (and not just us usual suspects, even people like Joe said they couldn't hear any booing) yet Glassers just brushes that aside and keeps going.

This is how smear campaigns work. Just keep posting volume... even if stuff takes mental gymnastics and is tenuous at best... the more you do the more the narrative will be reinforced.

We're in an age where hard facts aren't that important anymore.

Not antisemitic on 13:09 - Sep 25 with 1556 viewsfooters

Not antisemitic on 13:04 - Sep 25 by BrixtonBlue

I like how several people have pulled apart his OP (and not just us usual suspects, even people like Joe said they couldn't hear any booing) yet Glassers just brushes that aside and keeps going.

This is how smear campaigns work. Just keep posting volume... even if stuff takes mental gymnastics and is tenuous at best... the more you do the more the narrative will be reinforced.

We're in an age where hard facts aren't that important anymore.

The matter has been concluded.

Let us all go our different ways in brotherly love.

Peace, peace at last.

Not antisemitic on 13:24 - Sep 25 with 1544 viewsRyorry

Not antisemitic on 13:09 - Sep 25 by footers

Peace, peace at last.

Oi, you forgot to include sisterly!

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Not antisemitic on 13:39 - Sep 25 with 1534 viewsDarth_Koont

Not antisemitic on 07:58 - Sep 25 by GlasgowBlue

Any evidence for what is wrong with any of that? Appeals to dubious authority notwithstanding.

When not just the case but the judgement are still on the level of accusations then it's hard to read this as anything but a witchhunt.

Cracking cartoon by Steve Bell too.

Not antisemitic on 13:39 - Sep 25 with 1531 viewsfooters

Not antisemitic on 13:24 - Sep 25 by Ryorry

Oi, you forgot to include sisterly!

I often overlook the sisterly aspect as I'm not from Norfolk. Apologies x

Not antisemitic on 14:23 - Sep 25 with 1500 viewsDarth_Koont

In conclusion: Take a step back and breathe in the parallels with the UK.

He's got a John Oliver-style of delivery that you either love or hate but still worth watching for the underlying evidence of how misrepresented and targeted the Israeli critics are.

Not antisemitic on 14:34 - Sep 25 with 1485 viewsRyorry

Not antisemitic on 13:39 - Sep 25 by footers

I often overlook the sisterly aspect as I'm not from Norfolk. Apologies x

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Not antisemitic on 14:38 - Sep 25 with 1477 viewsgiant_stow

Not antisemitic on 13:39 - Sep 25 by Darth_Koont

Any evidence for what is wrong with any of that? Appeals to dubious authority notwithstanding.

When not just the case but the judgement are still on the level of accusations then it's hard to read this as anything but a witchhunt.

Cracking cartoon by Steve Bell too.

If you believe that conversation with Sadiq Khan took place, its pretty ugly, no?

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Not antisemitic on 14:41 - Sep 25 with 1467 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Not antisemitic on 13:09 - Sep 25 by footers

Peace, peace at last.

Legal papers have just been submitted to the supreme court of justice/Phil.

Not antisemitic on 14:47 - Sep 25 with 1463 viewsfooters

Not antisemitic on 14:41 - Sep 25 by BanksterDebtSlave

Legal papers have just been submitted to the supreme court of justice/Phil.

That would make sense for Phil as a career move. Judges often wear wigs.

Not antisemitic on 15:05 - Sep 25 with 1450 viewsDarth_Koont

Not antisemitic on 14:38 - Sep 25 by giant_stow

If you believe that conversation with Sadiq Khan took place, its pretty ugly, no?

Why do you think it's ugly?

If they're criticising Khan for meeting Jews then that's clearly antisemitic. If they're criticising Khan for going to a meeting of a group that is hardcore pro-Israel and Zionist by its own admission, and has had a dubious part to play in amplifying and distorting antisemitism within Labour, then that's clearly not antisemitic.

The JLM are not above criticism because they aren't "the Jewish people in Labour" as much as they like to pretend they are. There are many Jews in Labour who would criticize Khan for meeting them as well.

Not antisemitic on 15:15 - Sep 25 with 1436 viewsGlasgowBlue

Not antisemitic on 15:05 - Sep 25 by Darth_Koont

Why do you think it's ugly?

If they're criticising Khan for meeting Jews then that's clearly antisemitic. If they're criticising Khan for going to a meeting of a group that is hardcore pro-Israel and Zionist by its own admission, and has had a dubious part to play in amplifying and distorting antisemitism within Labour, then that's clearly not antisemitic.

The JLM are not above criticism because they aren't "the Jewish people in Labour" as much as they like to pretend they are. There are many Jews in Labour who would criticize Khan for meeting them as well.

It’s always the wrong kind of Jews with you isn’t it? Always throwing in the loyal to Israel trope for good measure. But that it’s antisemitic. No sir. Just legitimate criticism of Israel. Of course it is.

Iron Lion Zion

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024