Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
"Corbyn better than no deal" - arch capitalists 10:48 - Sep 4 with 21604 viewsBackToRussia

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2019/09/03/corbyn-better-no-deal-brexit-say

Can't read the whole article but just as a headline, that's quite delicious.
[Post edited 4 Sep 2019 10:49]

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

"Corbyn better than no deal" - arch capitalists on 18:06 - Sep 4 with 1864 viewswkj

"Corbyn better than no deal" - arch capitalists on 17:45 - Sep 4 by caught-in-limbo

There's so much intolerance of others' opinions on this forum and in wider society. We're not really living in very compassionate times right now.

I find this very strange at a time when most people think their governments and opposition parties are incompetent and largely to blame for this rupture in society. So why are we contining to lap up all this bickering fed to us by the media?

People, turn off your TVs, put down your papers, go down to the park or pub and chat to a neighbour. Talk football, film, beer, poetry... anything but the incessant nonsense coming out of Westminster.

I'm glad my Boxing Days aren't like this.

Im pretty sure turning off the telly wouldn't help in this feud, I might be mistaken but I get the idea that Glasgow and Footers might not like one another very much

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

"Corbyn better than no deal" - arch capitalists on 18:12 - Sep 4 with 1847 viewscaught-in-limbo

"Corbyn better than no deal" - arch capitalists on 18:06 - Sep 4 by wkj

Im pretty sure turning off the telly wouldn't help in this feud, I might be mistaken but I get the idea that Glasgow and Footers might not like one another very much

I generally avoid people I don't like. They are two of the most intelligent and at times charming posters on the forum. Why don't they ignore each other?

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

"Corbyn better than no deal" - arch capitalists on 18:15 - Sep 4 with 1839 viewswkj

"Corbyn better than no deal" - arch capitalists on 18:12 - Sep 4 by caught-in-limbo

I generally avoid people I don't like. They are two of the most intelligent and at times charming posters on the forum. Why don't they ignore each other?

I don't know, they cant seem to be like me, treating each post on a post by post basis while generally supporting the love and admiration for my fellow (wo)man. Hopefully well balanced and empathisers such as ourselves will eventually heal the torment these people feel.

"Corbyn better than no deal" - arch capitalists on 18:26 - Sep 4 with 1818 viewscaught-in-limbo

"Corbyn better than no deal" - arch capitalists on 18:15 - Sep 4 by wkj

I don't know, they cant seem to be like me, treating each post on a post by post basis while generally supporting the love and admiration for my fellow (wo)man. Hopefully well balanced and empathisers such as ourselves will eventually heal the torment these people feel.

Well, that's sort of the reason for my posts to this thread.

I'm beginning to think this daily fanning the flames of political differences is part of the problem, perhaps even deliberate.

Some people are simply in too deep.

#toxic

"Corbyn better than no deal" - arch capitalists on 18:27 - Sep 4 with 1812 viewswkj

"Corbyn better than no deal" - arch capitalists on 18:26 - Sep 4 by caught-in-limbo

Well, that's sort of the reason for my posts to this thread.

I'm beginning to think this daily fanning the flames of political differences is part of the problem, perhaps even deliberate.

Some people are simply in too deep.

This, keep fighting the good fight, one day our vision for a tolerant and accepting society will be met

"Corbyn better than no deal" - arch capitalists on 18:33 - Sep 4 with 1804 viewsSpruceMoose

"Corbyn better than no deal" - arch capitalists on 18:27 - Sep 4 by wkj

This, keep fighting the good fight, one day our vision for a tolerant and accepting society will be met

And then you'll all die of measles as punishment for your antivax ways.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

"Corbyn better than no deal" - arch capitalists on 18:35 - Sep 4 with 1799 viewswkj

"Corbyn better than no deal" - arch capitalists on 18:33 - Sep 4 by SpruceMoose

And then you'll all die of measles as punishment for your antivax ways.

Thanks to footers im more of a Henry man now

"Corbyn better than no deal" - arch capitalists on 18:36 - Sep 4 with 1795 viewscaught-in-limbo

"Corbyn better than no deal" - arch capitalists on 18:27 - Sep 4 by wkj

I think we need a new feature on TWTD: The Cot..

Site mods only allow 2 argumentative posters in at any tme. No one else can read what is written. They arre only let out once they've each written 100,000 words. Also, while they're in The Cot, all of their alternative avatars are prevented from contributing to the forum.

#toxic

Login to get fewer ads

(No subject) on 18:39 - Sep 4 with 1791 viewswkj

"Corbyn better than no deal" - arch capitalists on 18:36 - Sep 4 by caught-in-limbo

Site mods only allow 2 argumentative posters in at any tme. No one else can read what is written. They arre only let out once they've each written 100,000 words. Also, while they're in The Cot, all of their alternative avatars are prevented from contributing to the forum.

Either that or the hope that posters will realise life is a terrible thing to waste trying to asynchronously convince others that they are right. I do feel some sympathy to those who have a hard time realising how right I am on a regular basis, but I have come to accept that is their debilitated ability rather than my own.
[Post edited 4 Sep 2019 18:41]

"Corbyn better than no deal" - arch capitalists on 18:40 - Sep 4 with 1790 viewsDanTheMan

"Corbyn better than no deal" - arch capitalists on 18:36 - Sep 4 by caught-in-limbo

An interesting idea.

However, I might use this to write mine:
https://talktotransformer.com/

Probably have to stretch it a bit to write 100,000 words but could be done.

I did wonder what the bots would be like if you trained the neural networks off of posts people made on here. And then got them to respond to each other.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

"Corbyn better than no deal" - arch capitalists on 18:42 - Sep 4 with 1785 viewswkj

"Corbyn better than no deal" - arch capitalists on 18:40 - Sep 4 by DanTheMan

An interesting idea.

I did wonder what the bots would be like if you trained the neural networks off of posts people made on here. And then got them to respond to each other.

Have you not seen [Redacted] and [Redacted] hashing it out on here already? What you described happens on here all the time, and has been for years.

"Corbyn better than no deal" - arch capitalists on 18:48 - Sep 4 with 1775 viewscaught-in-limbo

"Corbyn better than no deal" - arch capitalists on 18:40 - Sep 4 by DanTheMan

An interesting idea.

"I did wonder what the bots would be like if you trained the neural networks off of posts people made on here. And then got them to respond to each other."

They would throw up at least 50% of non-football posts here.

#toxic

"Corbyn better than no deal" - arch capitalists on 18:52 - Sep 4 with 1771 viewsDanTheMan

"Corbyn better than no deal" - arch capitalists on 18:48 - Sep 4 by caught-in-limbo

"I did wonder what the bots would be like if you trained the neural networks off of posts people made on here. And then got them to respond to each other."

I agree, but it would be great to see it actually happen.

Wonder how much it would cost for me to train the network...

"Corbyn better than no deal" - arch capitalists on 18:53 - Sep 4 with 1771 viewswkj

"Corbyn better than no deal" - arch capitalists on 18:48 - Sep 4 by caught-in-limbo

Further proof I am right in saying it is happening already, and tbf the ratio of general to football posts for some is remarkable, much more than 50 50, has you question if some people even know who ITFC are, let alone support them.

"Corbyn better than no deal" - arch capitalists on 18:55 - Sep 4 with 1767 viewsDanTheMan

"Corbyn better than no deal" - arch capitalists on 18:53 - Sep 4 by wkj

Further proof I am right in saying it is happening already, and tbf the ratio of general to football posts for some is remarkable, much more than 50 50, has you question if some people even know who ITFC are, let alone support them.

I'll have you know Arnold Thijssen and Frans Muhren are my favourite players.

"Corbyn better than no deal" - arch capitalists on 18:55 - Sep 4 with 1767 viewswkj

"Corbyn better than no deal" - arch capitalists on 18:52 - Sep 4 by DanTheMan

I agree, but it would be great to see it actually happen.

Wonder how much it would cost for me to train the network...

Depends on how much your time is worth I guess, I find it generally quite simple, but really taxing in terms of time, that is for optical recognition neural networking.

"Corbyn better than no deal" - arch capitalists on 18:56 - Sep 4 with 1765 viewsDanTheMan

"Corbyn better than no deal" - arch capitalists on 18:55 - Sep 4 by wkj

Depends on how much your time is worth I guess, I find it generally quite simple, but really taxing in terms of time, that is for optical recognition neural networking.

I was thinking more "how many GPUs in AWS would I need".

Although scraping for posts would probably be the worst of it.

"Corbyn better than no deal" - arch capitalists on 18:57 - Sep 4 with 1764 viewsGlasgowBlue

"Corbyn better than no deal" - arch capitalists on 17:27 - Sep 4 by footers

As i've said before, benters and pickles' posts were memorable. Yours not so much. But that one wriggled through

Better to be forgetful than a selective anti-racist

Nope. Never been selective when it comes to calling out racism.

If a genuine anti racist like Bluebadger aimed that accusation at me I’d be concerned. As it’s somebody who has dismissed and defended instances of antisemitism because it’s coming from a party they support, I’ll just laugh it off as the hollow words they are.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: What will be announced first?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

(No subject) on 18:59 - Sep 4 with 1763 viewswkj

"Corbyn better than no deal" - arch capitalists on 18:56 - Sep 4 by DanTheMan

I was thinking more "how many GPUs in AWS would I need".

Although scraping for posts would probably be the worst of it.

This is TWTD, website for a once famous Ipswich Town FC. I doubt many of either, I am sure we could run an Apache2 server off of Facters' ZX Spectrum without having to line the pockets of Amazon.
[Post edited 4 Sep 2019 19:00]

(No subject) on 19:02 - Sep 4 with 1756 viewsDanTheMan

(No subject) on 18:59 - Sep 4 by wkj

This is TWTD, website for a once famous Ipswich Town FC. I doubt many of either, I am sure we could run an Apache2 server off of Facters' ZX Spectrum without having to line the pockets of Amazon.
[Post edited 4 Sep 2019 19:00]

ZX Spectrum? I don't think he's off his abacus yet.

(No subject) on 19:05 - Sep 4 with 1753 viewswkj

(No subject) on 19:02 - Sep 4 by DanTheMan

ZX Spectrum? I don't think he's off his abacus yet.

Publicly a ludite, but spends hours waiting in line for the latest public domain demo disk is old facters.

"Corbyn better than no deal" - arch capitalists on 19:16 - Sep 4 with 1736 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

"Corbyn better than no deal" - arch capitalists on 11:32 - Sep 4 by GlasgowBlue

Yet three years of endless examples of antisemitism in the Labour Party which has culminated in an investigation by the EHRC for “unlawfully discriminating against people because of their ethnicity and religious beliefs” , the first of its kind since their investigation into the BNP, hasn’t put you off being a “vociferous supporter” of Corbyn? Despite the Lib Dem’s offering the sort of pro EU opposition that you seem to want.

I fear that doesn’t reflect well on your moral compass.

Lol......fancy you bringing this up again today!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If he goes will he still be Super?

"Corbyn better than no deal" - arch capitalists on 19:18 - Sep 4 with 1732 viewsGlasgowBlue

"Corbyn better than no deal" - arch capitalists on 19:16 - Sep 4 by BanksterDebtSlave

Lol......fancy you bringing this up again today!

You’re having a go at somebody speaking out against racism. Well done you.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: What will be announced first?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

(No subject) on 19:23 - Sep 4 with 1724 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

(No subject) on 14:19 - Sep 4 by footers

I read your post but didn't see an answer.

But there you go, you finally found the minerals after last night's vino sesh to name your three! Sorry, we'll leave your board now...

What have I missed?

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If he goes will he still be Super?

(No subject) on 19:28 - Sep 4 with 1719 viewsSpruceMoose

(No subject) on 19:23 - Sep 4 by BanksterDebtSlave

What have I missed?

Glassers' announcement that there is a gang of three posters bullying him. He namechecked myself and Footers, but the identity of the third devilishly handsome criminal has to yet been revealed. My money is on Phil.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024