Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What the hell was Lambert talking about 12:33 - Aug 23 with 5477 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

I am actually confused at what point he was trying to make. Saying that we also have a young side and not many senior players?? Then saying that Brenner could only give 5? But obviously Brenner wasn't going to name all of them.

Did anyone understand what point he was getting at?

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

What the hell was Lambert talking about on 15:13 - Aug 23 with 1095 viewsIllinoisblue

this is why press conferences should not be broadcast.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

What the hell was Lambert talking about on 15:33 - Aug 23 with 1081 viewsGarv

What the hell was Lambert talking about on 14:26 - Aug 23 by BryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

I do wish better, more interesting questions were asked. Just make something up, something unexpected. All questions I hear pre match I expect to hear.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

What the hell was Lambert talking about on 15:47 - Aug 23 with 1077 viewsBlueBadger

What the hell was Lambert talking about on 15:13 - Aug 23 by Illinoisblue

Every time we change manager I think 'yes, THIS will be the one where they all stop over-analysing trite and cliched PR statements'.
And every manager change, I'm wrong.
[Post edited 23 Aug 2019 21:37]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

What the hell was Lambert talking about on 15:49 - Aug 23 with 1071 viewsBlueBadger

What the hell was Lambert talking about on 14:51 - Aug 23 by TRUE_BLUE123

Good Job in making the club feel together again.

One of our weirder overreactions to some mild comment.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

What the hell was Lambert talking about on 15:56 - Aug 23 with 1061 viewsWickets

What the hell was Lambert talking about on 13:56 - Aug 23 by Kieran_Knows

Indeed, the whole 'youngsters' thing by PL grates on me a little bit. The only real youngsters are El Mizouni, Dobra & Clements.

Downes and Dozzell are 20, Emmanuel 21, Kenlock 22 and Bishop 23. What I think he probably means, is that they're inexperienced, rather than young as such.
[Post edited 23 Aug 2019 14:04]

Yes young in football terms .of course .
What the hell was Lambert talking about on 16:02 - Aug 23 with 1058 viewsmrshallisfit

What the hell was Lambert talking about on 14:07 - Aug 23 by SomethingBlue

Why does it bother you? What he's done with the fans is help transform the atmosphere beyond all expectation. He can blow smoke up our 6rses as much as he likes in my view. The rest can be assessed separately, of course.

As a point of interest. Has anyone had smoke blown up their arse or undertaken the blowing. Seems to me it must be quite a difficult process to achieve.
What the hell was Lambert talking about on 16:20 - Aug 23 with 1044 viewsclive_baker

What the hell was Lambert talking about on 15:33 - Aug 23 by Garv

I do wish better, more interesting questions were asked. Just make something up, something unexpected. All questions I hear pre match I expect to hear.

‘Paul, if you were a car what car would you be and why?’

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

What the hell was Lambert talking about on 16:37 - Aug 23 with 1029 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

What the hell was Lambert talking about on 15:13 - Aug 23 by Illinoisblue

Agreed

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Login to get fewer ads

What the hell was Lambert talking about on 17:36 - Aug 23 with 1012 viewsActionMan

What the hell was Lambert talking about on 13:18 - Aug 23 by BecclesITFC

What PL is doing is very very clever. Taking all the pressure away from his players. There is a lot of added pressure on Ipswich in this game, we are expected to win very easy. If we don't, then sh1t will hit the fan. PL is trying to stop that.

Tomorrow is a no win situation just like when England play San Marino.

It's going to be the same all season in this league - we shouldn't on paper lose a game all season but we will, so long as it's not at a crucial time we'll be okay but some will meltdown if we lose tomorrow.
What the hell was Lambert talking about on 18:10 - Aug 23 with 1000 viewsBloomBlue

What the hell was Lambert talking about on 12:41 - Aug 23 by TRUE_BLUE123

I thought that.

But I don't know why he was flat out denying that we didn't have many senior players. When we do.

I think he's making the point we have 5 or 6 senior players in the team similar to Bolton. Whereas some fans are talking as if Bolton are only playing U18s when they're not. Plus Bolton rested their youngsters mid week and we didn't. In other words dont expect an easy 5 or 6 nil win.
What the hell was Lambert talking about on 18:47 - Aug 23 with 976 viewsTangledupin_Blue

What the hell was Lambert talking about on 13:18 - Aug 23 by BecclesITFC

What PL is doing is very very clever. Taking all the pressure away from his players. There is a lot of added pressure on Ipswich in this game, we are expected to win very easy. If we don't, then sh1t will hit the fan. PL is trying to stop that.

Tomorrow is a no win situation just like when England play San Marino.

What we used to call 'a hiding to nothing'.

Poll: Which Two Will Gain Automatic Promotion?

What the hell was Lambert talking about on 21:46 - Aug 23 with 929 viewsKropotkin123

What the hell was Lambert talking about on 14:26 - Aug 23 by BryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Exactly

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

What the hell was Lambert talking about on 21:56 - Aug 23 with 916 viewsHerbivore

What the hell was Lambert talking about on 18:10 - Aug 23 by BloomBlue

I think he's making the point we have 5 or 6 senior players in the team similar to Bolton. Whereas some fans are talking as if Bolton are only playing U18s when they're not. Plus Bolton rested their youngsters mid week and we didn't. In other words dont expect an easy 5 or 6 nil win.

Bolton's average age for their last match was 20 whereas ours was 25. Our situations aren't comparable and we should do them tomorrow.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

What the hell was Lambert talking about on 22:04 - Aug 23 with 910 viewsjeera

What the hell was Lambert talking about on 16:02 - Aug 23 by mrshallisfit

As a point of interest. Has anyone had smoke blown up their arse or undertaken the blowing. Seems to me it must be quite a difficult process to achieve.

Someone, somewhere, will have paid good money to find out.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024