Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Joe, talk to me - Andre Dozzell... 22:54 - Aug 20 with 6005 viewsKieran_Knows

... as most do on here, rather value your opinion on the youth players here as you have watched them aplenty over the years, but just what is the deal with Andre Dozzell?

Is he as good as he has been made out to be? Is it the manager that’s holding him back? Is it the system we play? I just struggle to see what the fuss is all about if I’m being honest. Every time you think this is the game he can put his stamp on it, he just tends to hide away.

Can you shed any light?

Ta.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Joe, talk to me - Andre Dozzell... on 08:45 - Aug 21 with 1073 viewsBloomBlue

Joe, talk to me - Andre Dozzell... on 08:25 - Aug 21 by itfcjoe

I think the ball through to Norwood last night, is why he's rated so highly by people in football - he can execute passes that most other players can't even see.

But is that enough? Not for us at the moment in reality - he needs to play in a 2 so he can get on the ball, but then he has to play in a 3 because he isn't able to do enough off the ball and we get overrun in a 2.

I think him and Downes would be a decent partnership in there, he needs someone very mobile alongside him to do a lot of the dirty work and needs to be the player who takes the ball from defence and gets us playing.

The injury really killed him, he came into that season brimming with confidence after starting and starring playing a year up for England in their Euro's win, and if anyone could get a video of that half v Birmingham then you'd see how he needs to play, had he stayed fit that year in a settled position under Mick think it would be a very different story. Is he the only player Mick trusted to get the ball off the back 4 and get us playing in his 6 years in charge?

Sadly, I think he needs a fresh start, I don't see how he has success here now with how we seemingly need/want to play in this league - but for all the talk of a poor performance last night, he has one game breaking moment which should have set us up for a more comfrtable win

I disagree I see a mirror image of Dyer. Dyer had the killer pass but wasnt physically strong enough in his early career and then his body filled out the same will happen with Dozzell.

Dyer was affectionately known by many fans as the 'space hopper' in his early days because he just bounced off the opposition player and lost the ball but once he physically filled out that changed.
Keep Dozzell here build him up and get 2, 3 good seasons out of him and then as Ipswich have always done sell him.
Joe, talk to me - Andre Dozzell... on 08:50 - Aug 21 with 1062 viewsclive_baker

He’s absolutely class and he’ll play premier league football one day IMO, and the opinion of many more qualified than me. What I would say is, in his defence, a game here and there isn’t going to lend itself to him really being at full tilt. He almost needs 5 or 6 consecutive starts and then we’ll see him flying at this level IMO. We saw his quality in patches last night but the difference between that and being a top player is producing them consistently and more impact-fully over 90 minutes. He’s a real talent though and we’re lucky to have him

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Joe, talk to me - Andre Dozzell... on 08:52 - Aug 21 with 1048 viewsitfcjoe

Joe, talk to me - Andre Dozzell... on 08:33 - Aug 21 by TractorJack

And that was in 35 minutes in a Mick McCarthy team who were generally more direct - you could clip up his last 5 games for us and you'd struggle to get much more than that half.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Joe, talk to me - Andre Dozzell... on 08:55 - Aug 21 with 1030 viewsDyland

Joe, talk to me - Andre Dozzell... on 08:50 - Aug 21 by clive_baker

He’s absolutely class and he’ll play premier league football one day IMO, and the opinion of many more qualified than me. What I would say is, in his defence, a game here and there isn’t going to lend itself to him really being at full tilt. He almost needs 5 or 6 consecutive starts and then we’ll see him flying at this level IMO. We saw his quality in patches last night but the difference between that and being a top player is producing them consistently and more impact-fully over 90 minutes. He’s a real talent though and we’re lucky to have him

Evolve into a starting midfield duo of Downes and Dozzers... droool. Skuse wil lbe knackered come January.

Obviously we're spoiled for options in midfield but what a dream this would be if they tore it up.

COFYB

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Joe, talk to me - Andre Dozzell... on 08:57 - Aug 21 with 1019 viewsitfcjoe

Joe, talk to me - Andre Dozzell... on 08:45 - Aug 21 by BloomBlue

I disagree I see a mirror image of Dyer. Dyer had the killer pass but wasnt physically strong enough in his early career and then his body filled out the same will happen with Dozzell.

Dyer was affectionately known by many fans as the 'space hopper' in his early days because he just bounced off the opposition player and lost the ball but once he physically filled out that changed.
Keep Dozzell here build him up and get 2, 3 good seasons out of him and then as Ipswich have always done sell him.

Dyer was so fast though, which allowed him to be a pest and made him much harder to defend against

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Joe, talk to me - Andre Dozzell... on 09:39 - Aug 21 with 899 viewsHullblue

Joe, talk to me - Andre Dozzell... on 08:52 - Aug 21 by itfcjoe

And that was in 35 minutes in a Mick McCarthy team who were generally more direct - you could clip up his last 5 games for us and you'd struggle to get much more than that half.

Thing is, how many times has he played in that position since then? Last week in the cup he played a bit deeper (presumably - I didn’t see it) but he had an unfit Huws next to him which is very different to playing next to Downes on current form.

I know a young player like him can’t afford to be too fussy about that kind of thing, but we’re not doing him any favours I don’t think. The balance of the midfield last night was all wrong for me - you can play two out of those three but not all three of them, as they all like to play deeper. If we’re expecting him to be a number 10 who runs at defences and takes people on we’ll always be disappointed.

Blog: Sleep is the Cousin of Life

Joe, talk to me - Andre Dozzell... on 10:10 - Aug 21 with 831 viewsGooders7592

Dozzell is a very good player but I don't think he'll make it here. He'll be one of those players who leave and we'll scratch our heads in a few years time and think why it never worked out here.

Yes, he needs a run of games but he's not going to get that this season. You're not going to drop Downes or Skuse for him with their current form and with Nolan/Huws coming back it's going to very tough for him to break into the team.

I would sell in January whilst his stock is still high.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024