Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Arron Banks proving he is a piece of sh!t... 05:53 - Aug 15 with 12397 viewsElderGrizzly

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2019/aug/15/arron-banks-jokes-about-greta-th

‘Bantz’ is his defence at wishing death on a 16 year old
Arron Banks proving he is a piece of sh!t... on 12:55 - Aug 15 with 1261 viewsJ2BLUE

Arron Banks proving he is a piece of sh!t... on 12:51 - Aug 15 by chicoazul

As long as we have lots of fine upstanding people, who have never told a stupid joke in their boring mundane bloodless lives, to police what people whose political views they dont share can and cannot make jokes about i'm sure everything will be fine.

Absolutely this. This isn't about the joke, it's about the man who made the joke.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Arron Banks proving he is a piece of sh!t... on 13:13 - Aug 15 with 1234 viewsBrixtonBlue

He's a tvvat and it's a stupid, unfunny joke... but where does he wish death on her?

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Arron Banks proving he is a piece of sh!t... on 13:16 - Aug 15 with 1226 viewsjeera

Arron Banks proving he is a piece of sh!t... on 12:42 - Aug 15 by J2BLUE

I really think you need to take a step back and really think about this one. There is no difference at all. He made a crap joke. People are now trying to police who can be the target of jokes.

People are jumping all over this because Banks is a moron and finding reasons ('she's a 16 year old girl!') to justify attacking him. Sorry but it's a bit pathetic IMO. I never understand why people attack people like him over something stupid and minor when there is so much you coul legitimately criticise him for. People have decided it's wrong and offensive based on who made the joke and who the target was. If any remainer had said it about Farage or Trump it would have a completely different reaction.

On the contrary I can't see what there is to defend.

I would be peeved if my next door neighbour said it, or my mother.

That it's Banks just typifies him, but he's not under attack 'just' because it's him.

He's under attack because it's a c**tish thing to say.

Edit: It's not a joke. It's not funny in any way, it contains no wit at all. None. It's a stupid and unpleasant thing to say. I can't view his comment in any other way other than bullying.
[Post edited 15 Aug 2019 13:18]

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Arron Banks proving he is a piece of sh!t... on 13:16 - Aug 15 with 1225 viewsSpruceMoose

Arron Banks proving he is a piece of sh!t... on 09:38 - Aug 15 by chicoazul

I don;t disagree at all that he is a pathetic bully. I just happen to think many of the people crying about it on Twitter are rseholes too, and pathetic bullies in their own way.

#SlightlyMoreEloquentPickles

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Arron Banks proving he is a piece of sh!t... on 13:21 - Aug 15 with 1205 viewsJ2BLUE

Arron Banks proving he is a piece of sh!t... on 13:16 - Aug 15 by jeera

On the contrary I can't see what there is to defend.

I would be peeved if my next door neighbour said it, or my mother.

That it's Banks just typifies him, but he's not under attack 'just' because it's him.

He's under attack because it's a c**tish thing to say.

Edit: It's not a joke. It's not funny in any way, it contains no wit at all. None. It's a stupid and unpleasant thing to say. I can't view his comment in any other way other than bullying.
[Post edited 15 Aug 2019 13:18]

Respectfully disagree but we'll leave it there

Truly impaired.

Arron Banks proving he is a piece of sh!t... on 13:22 - Aug 15 with 1193 viewsfooters

Arron Banks proving he is a piece of sh!t... on 13:21 - Aug 15 by J2BLUE

You'll change your mind eventually. You always do.

(Please don't take offence at my joke.)

footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Arron Banks proving he is a piece of sh!t... on 13:24 - Aug 15 with 1184 viewsjeera

Arron Banks proving he is a piece of sh!t... on 13:21 - Aug 15 by J2BLUE

I cannot spot this joke.

If a 'man' in the street picked on a little girl I would possibly be a bit more likely to step in than I would if he picked on, say, Nigel Farage. So what?

That seems to be the crux of yours/lowhouse/chico's point.

I don't get it.
[Post edited 15 Aug 2019 13:25]

Arron Banks proving he is a piece of sh!t... on 13:24 - Aug 15 with 1184 viewsBigManBlue

Arron Banks proving he is a piece of sh!t... on 07:50 - Aug 15 by StokieBlue

Indefensible.

It'll be defended though and that's the issue in a nutshell.

SB

*cough*

*cough*

Poll: If Bart stays, who's no. 1?

Login to get fewer ads

Arron Banks proving he is a piece of sh!t... on 13:24 - Aug 15 with 1182 viewsJ2BLUE

Arron Banks proving he is a piece of sh!t... on 13:22 - Aug 15 by footers

You'll change your mind eventually. You always do.

(Please don't take offence at my joke.)

I'll try not to.

Truly impaired.

Arron Banks proving he is a piece of sh!t... on 13:26 - Aug 15 with 1171 viewsJ2BLUE

Arron Banks proving he is a piece of sh!t... on 13:24 - Aug 15 by jeera

I cannot spot this joke.

If a 'man' in the street picked on a little girl I would possibly be a bit more likely to step in than I would if he picked on, say, Nigel Farage. So what?

I don't get it.

A crap Twitter joke is in no way the same as picking on a child in the street.

Thunberg is doing something awesome and probably unaware of the bitter idiot on Twitter making a crap joke.

Truly impaired.

Arron Banks proving he is a piece of sh!t... on 13:26 - Aug 15 with 1167 viewsjeera

Arron Banks proving he is a piece of sh!t... on 13:26 - Aug 15 by J2BLUE

A crap Twitter joke is in no way the same as picking on a child in the street.

Thunberg is doing something awesome and probably unaware of the bitter idiot on Twitter making a crap joke.

What joke?

Arron Banks proving he is a piece of sh!t... on 13:27 - Aug 15 with 1165 viewsfooters

Arron Banks proving he is a piece of sh!t... on 13:24 - Aug 15 by J2BLUE

I'll try not to.

Real talk now. Don't you feel strongly against the bullying of autistic people? Children especially?

To even joke about something like that is fcking nasty. For the joke not to be funny makes it even worse.

Arron Banks proving he is a piece of sh!t... on 13:29 - Aug 15 with 1150 viewschicoazul

Arron Banks proving he is a piece of sh!t... on 13:24 - Aug 15 by jeera

I cannot spot this joke.

I don't get it.

Just because you didnt either spot the joke, or find it funny, doesnt mean it isnt one (if it is indeed even a joke and who knows? Only Banks). People are entitled to be offensive, you're entitled to argue with them if it was about a little girl in the street, and nobody is free from the consequences of what they say, be those consequences legal or opprobrium from other people or whatever.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Arron Banks proving he is a piece of sh!t... on 13:31 - Aug 15 with 1147 viewsfooters

Arron Banks proving he is a piece of sh!t... on 13:29 - Aug 15 by chicoazul

Just because you didnt either spot the joke, or find it funny, doesnt mean it isnt one (if it is indeed even a joke and who knows? Only Banks). People are entitled to be offensive, you're entitled to argue with them if it was about a little girl in the street, and nobody is free from the consequences of what they say, be those consequences legal or opprobrium from other people or whatever.

So if the crux of your argument is freedom of speech, what have you been bleating on about? Everyone's allowed an opinion ;)

Arron Banks proving he is a piece of sh!t... on 13:31 - Aug 15 with 1145 viewsjeera

Arron Banks proving he is a piece of sh!t... on 13:27 - Aug 15 by footers

Real talk now. Don't you feel strongly against the bullying of autistic people? Children especially?

To even joke about something like that is fcking nasty. For the joke not to be funny makes it even worse.

It's not a joke, not in any form.

That's suggesting we can say what we like and then dismiss it as a joke. It's absurd.

A poster on here has recently been getting bullied on Twitter and we, rightly, don't view it as a joke. The perpetrators think they're funny, but we, as adults see it for what it is.

I don't care what platform it is.

Arron Banks proving he is a piece of sh!t... on 13:31 - Aug 15 with 1144 viewsJ2BLUE

Arron Banks proving he is a piece of sh!t... on 13:27 - Aug 15 by footers

Honest answer. Bullying? Yes of course. I'd feel strongly if Thunberg was being bullied. It's a joke. Ricky Gervais has made jokes about Autistic people. I'm fairly sure other comedians have as well. When I was younger I used to hate it and get angry. Then I realised you can't police jokes and everything is fair game for a joke. That's the way I see it.

Truly impaired.

Arron Banks proving he is a piece of sh!t... on 13:31 - Aug 15 with 1142 viewsLankHenners

Arron Banks proving he is a piece of sh!t... on 12:53 - Aug 15 by J2BLUE

Read what he actually said again. Is it 'really nasty stuff' or are you massively overreacting? This line of your post is very telling - 'he’s a tw@t with the support of a lot of unsavoury people'. Your problem seems to be with him but you're making a mountain out of a molehill to be able to attack him.

He's an absolute bell. There's no need to dramatise the tweet to say so.

I would categorise insinuating that a 16 year old girl dying in a boat accident wouldn’t be a bad thing as pretty nasty yeah. If you don’t that’s up to you.

Telling of what? Considering you agree with me on that immediately afterwards I don’t know what you’re getting at other than banging your ‘everyone has a right to offend, you have to respect all view points from all sides etc.’ drum that you like doing.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Arron Banks proving he is a piece of sh!t... on 13:32 - Aug 15 with 1135 viewsjeera

What tosh.

Arron Banks proving he is a piece of sh!t... on 13:32 - Aug 15 with 1132 viewseireblue

In other words you agree.

The OP can have the valid view that “Arron Banks proving he is a piece of sh!t.”
Arron Banks proving he is a piece of sh!t... on 13:32 - Aug 15 with 1131 viewsJ2BLUE

Arron Banks proving he is a piece of sh!t... on 13:31 - Aug 15 by jeera

It's not a joke, not in any form.

That's suggesting we can say what we like and then dismiss it as a joke. It's absurd.

A poster on here has recently been getting bullied on Twitter and we, rightly, don't view it as a joke. The perpetrators think they're funny, but we, as adults see it for what it is.

I don't care what platform it is.

Targeted very personal attacks directly to someone's Twitter is a different ball game IMO.

Truly impaired.

Arron Banks proving he is a piece of sh!t... on 13:33 - Aug 15 with 1122 viewschicoazul

Arron Banks proving he is a piece of sh!t... on 13:31 - Aug 15 by footers

So if the crux of your argument is freedom of speech, what have you been bleating on about? Everyone's allowed an opinion ;)

Stokers said it would be defended. I haven't defended the content of what he said, only his right to say it & offend and upset people. People can *say* what they like but that doesnt mean they are free from the consequences of what they say. Our birthright as free Englishmen.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

Arron Banks proving he is a piece of sh!t... on 13:35 - Aug 15 with 1110 viewschicoazul

Arron Banks proving he is a piece of sh!t... on 13:32 - Aug 15 by eireblue

In other words you agree.

The OP can have the valid view that “Arron Banks proving he is a piece of sh!t.”

Absolutely.

Arron Banks proving he is a piece of sh!t... on 13:36 - Aug 15 with 1105 viewsBigManBlue

Arron Banks proving he is a piece of sh!t... on 13:32 - Aug 15 by J2BLUE

Targeted very personal attacks directly to someone's Twitter is a different ball game IMO.

So it's okay to say that someone's death would be a good thing, as long as it isn't to their face?

Poll: If Bart stays, who's no. 1?

Arron Banks proving he is a piece of sh!t... on 13:38 - Aug 15 with 1096 viewsfooters

Arron Banks proving he is a piece of sh!t... on 13:33 - Aug 15 by chicoazul

Stokers said it would be defended. I haven't defended the content of what he said, only his right to say it & offend and upset people. People can *say* what they like but that doesnt mean they are free from the consequences of what they say. Our birthright as free Englishmen.

Or free Englishwomyn. Whichever you prefer.

I like upsetting people with jokes, which is why I'm frowned on in my irl leftybumfest community, so on the being constantly offended point I agree. But there are some things that are just so blatantly unfunny and distasteful that they are unacceptable.

What Banks said, and in the context in which it was said, is crossing that line for me.

The fact that it's from Blackadder only reinforces this point, imo.

Arron Banks proving he is a piece of sh!t... on 13:38 - Aug 15 with 1094 viewseireblue

Arron Banks proving he is a piece of sh!t... on 13:33 - Aug 15 by chicoazul

It is actually a birth right of all human beings.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024