Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone ever used AirBnB? 12:55 - Aug 12 with 3940 viewsSitfcB

Going away to Glasgow for the weekend in October.

Usually book through booking.com but have seen people get good deals on there?

Do you know if you can pay on arrival or does it have to be in advance?

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Anyone ever used AirBnB? on 17:01 - Aug 12 with 1650 viewschicoazul

Anyone ever used AirBnB? on 16:59 - Aug 12 by BrixtonBlue

You get clean bedsheets in an airbnb... well I have each time I've used it. Otherwise they'd get bad reviews.

Hmmmm. Count me as slightly surprised that such a militant Corbynite uses those places ahead of proper licensed, tax-paying places btw.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Eh? on 17:02 - Aug 12 with 1651 viewsBrixtonBlue

Eh? on 16:53 - Aug 12 by Dyland

If you want to be waited on, obviously.

I get my missus to do that. Or occasionally do it for her.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Anyone ever used AirBnB? on 17:02 - Aug 12 with 1650 viewsJakeITFC

Anyone ever used AirBnB? on 14:16 - Aug 12 by BrixtonBlue

Like?

Sometimes it’s nice to have a bit of luxury.

Other reasons include location, time of arrival, trying to travel with the minimum or fuss and things like that.

I think it’s as narrow minded to say AirBNB is always best as to never consider it in the first place.
Anyone ever used AirBnB? on 17:02 - Aug 12 with 1647 viewschicoazul

Anyone ever used AirBnB? on 17:00 - Aug 12 by JakeITFC

Can do, but usually in my experience you’d rent the whole flat/house rather than just a room.

I have done it with people being there and it was perfectly fine also.

They would slit my throat while I was asleep, im already convinced of this. Premier Inn all the way.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

Anyone ever used AirBnB? on 17:03 - Aug 12 with 1643 viewsBrixtonBlue

Anyone ever used AirBnB? on 17:01 - Aug 12 by chicoazul

Hmmmm. Count me as slightly surprised that such a militant Corbynite uses those places ahead of proper licensed, tax-paying places btw.

Shut up Chickers.

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Anyone ever used AirBnB? on 17:04 - Aug 12 with 1640 viewschicoazul

Anyone ever used AirBnB? on 17:03 - Aug 12 by BrixtonBlue

Shut up Chickers.

Bet you're a big Uber user too.

Anyone ever used AirBnB? on 17:04 - Aug 12 with 1639 viewsJakeITFC

Anyone ever used AirBnB? on 17:02 - Aug 12 by chicoazul

They would slit my throat while I was asleep, im already convinced of this. Premier Inn all the way.

That’s the risk you take at £20 a night I guess.

I used AirBnB when I went to Moscow for the World Cup and I did think I was going to be chopped up when my cabbie dropped me to a building site, but I eventually found the apartment and it was lovely.
Anyone ever used AirBnB? on 17:06 - Aug 12 with 1633 viewschicoazul

Anyone ever used AirBnB? on 17:04 - Aug 12 by JakeITFC

That’s the risk you take at £20 a night I guess.

I used AirBnB when I went to Moscow for the World Cup and I did think I was going to be chopped up when my cabbie dropped me to a building site, but I eventually found the apartment and it was lovely.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hostel_(2005_film)

You're a far braver man than me, although that isnt saying much of course.

Login to get fewer ads

Anyone ever used AirBnB? on 17:06 - Aug 12 with 1631 viewsJ2BLUE

Can anyone recommend anywhere? Europe or America, roughly this time next year.

Price not massively important.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Anyone ever used AirBnB? on 17:09 - Aug 12 with 1620 viewsJakeITFC

Anyone ever used AirBnB? on 17:06 - Aug 12 by J2BLUE

What do you want to do?
Anyone ever used AirBnB? on 17:10 - Aug 12 with 1615 viewsCoastalblue

Anyone ever used AirBnB? on 17:01 - Aug 12 by chicoazul

To be fair Airbnb colloborates with a lot of big cities and passes across booking information to them.

In London for example, and it's far from unique, you can't rent a 'whole place' out as an Airbnb or similar rental for more than 90 days every year. AirBnb do pass this info across and people in London have been convicted for this. I suspect the tax would be followed up as part of these checks.

I'm sure there are plenty of little places in the middle of nowhere though that get round this, so you're probably right in some cases.

The best place I ever stayed was a cabin in the middle of the desert close to Joshua Tree National Park, it was via AirBnb and incredible, definitely want to go back in the next couple of years.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Anyone ever used AirBnB? on 17:10 - Aug 12 with 1614 viewsJ2BLUE

Anyone ever used AirBnB? on 17:09 - Aug 12 by JakeITFC

What do you want to do?

Friday-Tuesday in a city ideally. Open to all suggestions.

Truly impaired.

Anyone ever used AirBnB? on 17:12 - Aug 12 with 1612 viewsBrixtonBlue

Anyone ever used AirBnB? on 17:02 - Aug 12 by JakeITFC

Sometimes it’s nice to have a bit of luxury.

Other reasons include location, time of arrival, trying to travel with the minimum or fuss and things like that.

I think it’s as narrow minded to say AirBNB is always best as to never consider it in the first place.

As to your luxury point; depends what you rent! I stayed in an amazing apartment in Amsterdam - more luxurious than most hotels I've stayed in.

Not really had an issue with location, time or fuss. In fact in most instances I've found the location would've been far more expensive in a hotel (because they're good locations, close to the centre of things).

Amsterdam, Berlin and New York had no issues with time. New York had a lock box for the keys, so we could arrive and leave any time we wanted.

Anyway, each to their own!

Anyone ever used AirBnB? on 17:13 - Aug 12 with 1608 viewsBrixtonBlue

Anyone ever used AirBnB? on 17:02 - Aug 12 by chicoazul

Only if they'd already met you.

Anyone ever used AirBnB? on 17:13 - Aug 12 with 1606 viewschicoazul

Anyone ever used AirBnB? on 17:06 - Aug 12 by J2BLUE

My brother if you want an amazing experience incredible culture great food reasonable prices and not too long a flight, Cairo is for you.

Anyone ever used AirBnB? on 17:14 - Aug 12 with 1596 viewsJ2BLUE

Anyone ever used AirBnB? on 17:13 - Aug 12 by chicoazul

My brother if you want an amazing experience incredible culture great food reasonable prices and not too long a flight, Cairo is for you.

EGP was massively unstable when I left Travelex. Has it stabilised? If so i'll look into it, cheers.

Truly impaired.

Anyone ever used AirBnB? on 17:15 - Aug 12 with 1594 viewsCoastalblue

Anyone ever used AirBnB? on 17:12 - Aug 12 by BrixtonBlue

As to your luxury point; depends what you rent! I stayed in an amazing apartment in Amsterdam - more luxurious than most hotels I've stayed in.

Not really had an issue with location, time or fuss. In fact in most instances I've found the location would've been far more expensive in a hotel (because they're good locations, close to the centre of things).

Amsterdam, Berlin and New York had no issues with time. New York had a lock box for the keys, so we could arrive and leave any time we wanted.

Anyway, each to their own!

I totally agree with you, and very rarely consider a hotel, however there are occasions when you want somewhere with a restaurant and bar, or if you're going somewhere with friends that actually you don't want to face walking round in their boxers first thing in the morning.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Anyone ever used AirBnB? on 17:16 - Aug 12 with 1588 viewsBrixtonBlue

Anyone ever used AirBnB? on 17:04 - Aug 12 by chicoazul

Bet you're a big Uber user too.

I'm going to regret this, but what, pray tell, is wrong with Uber?

I used Juno in New York (similar to Uber) and they were a life saver.

Anyone ever used AirBnB? on 17:18 - Aug 12 with 1577 viewschicoazul

Anyone ever used AirBnB? on 17:14 - Aug 12 by J2BLUE

EGP was massively unstable when I left Travelex. Has it stabilised? If so i'll look into it, cheers.

It's an amazing place. You can do the Pyramids the Museum a boat cruise and a wander round the city (accompanied would be my advice) in 3 days or so. The food is great, I had the best meal of my life at the Sheraton, and the people are in general really nice.

Anyone ever used AirBnB? on 17:20 - Aug 12 with 1566 viewsBrixtonBlue

Anyone ever used AirBnB? on 17:15 - Aug 12 by Coastalblue

I totally agree with you, and very rarely consider a hotel, however there are occasions when you want somewhere with a restaurant and bar, or if you're going somewhere with friends that actually you don't want to face walking round in their boxers first thing in the morning.

You can always choose a place near a bar/restaurant! I'd rather go out and explore to find a bar/restaurant anyway, rather than stay in the hotel one.

I take your second point though!

Anyone ever used AirBnB? on 17:21 - Aug 12 with 1562 viewschicoazul

Anyone ever used AirBnB? on 17:16 - Aug 12 by BrixtonBlue

I'm going to regret this, but what, pray tell, is wrong with Uber?

I used Juno in New York (similar to Uber) and they were a life saver.

Anyone ever used AirBnB? on 17:25 - Aug 12 with 1538 viewsBrixtonBlue

Anyone ever used AirBnB? on 17:21 - Aug 12 by chicoazul

I can confirm I didn't use an Uber on May 8th. Or 7th or 9th. I'm hardcore.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024