Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Amazon returns 13:24 - Aug 6 with 3669 viewsuefacup81

Does anyone on here have any experience of when returning an item to Amazon goes wrong?

I ordered an item from Amazon a couple of weeks back, realised I didn't need it before the item arrived, so returned it through Hermes in the original unopened packaging.

The item took an age to arrive back with Amazon, and they have told me today that the box has finally arrived with them, but is empty so there'll be no refund.

I've already logged this with the police and am waiting for a crime number so I can forward it on to Amazon. Has anyone else had similar experiences, and how have they turned out in the end?

Normally I wouldn't be too irked, but I'm currently £500 out of pocket!

Poll: Predictions for tonight?

Amazon returns on 17:34 - Aug 6 with 1115 viewsGlasgowBlue

Amazon returns on 17:19 - Aug 6 by SpruceMoose

Indoor and outdoor cameras GB?! You must have some stuff worth nicking! Got my eye on you... Don't suppose you're all going on holiday anytime soon?
[Post edited 6 Aug 2019 17:20]

I have four teenage children. I can go away with the Mrs for a night out or a weekend away safe in the knowledge that my kids won’t be holding any parties.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Amazon returns on 17:48 - Aug 6 with 1095 viewsSpruceMoose

Amazon returns on 17:34 - Aug 6 by GlasgowBlue

I have four teenage children. I can go away with the Mrs for a night out or a weekend away safe in the knowledge that my kids won’t be holding any parties.

Not technically true. There may still be parties, you'd just know about it, have to watch it, and ruin your own holiday!

Somethings are best left a mystery GB!

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Amazon returns on 18:41 - Aug 6 with 1079 viewswkj

I wonder if Aston Martin runs like amazon and I can tell them my car is bggered and get a refund without sending it back

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Amazon returns on 18:44 - Aug 6 with 1076 viewsSpruceMoose

Amazon returns on 18:41 - Aug 6 by wkj

I wonder if Aston Martin runs like amazon and I can tell them my car is bggered and get a refund without sending it back

Who knew Aston Martin made skateboards...

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Amazon returns on 18:46 - Aug 6 with 1075 viewswkj

Amazon returns on 18:44 - Aug 6 by SpruceMoose

Who knew Aston Martin made skateboards...

If they did, I would get one of those too! Sadly just the car for now though buh

Crybaby

Amazon returns on 18:58 - Aug 6 with 1068 viewsSpruceMoose

Amazon returns on 18:46 - Aug 6 by wkj

If they did, I would get one of those too! Sadly just the car for now though buh

Hope you got the Ugg car mat upgrade lad

Amazon returns on 19:26 - Aug 6 with 1057 viewswkj

Amazon returns on 18:58 - Aug 6 by SpruceMoose

Hope you got the Ugg car mat upgrade lad

That and the heated steering wheel, my gloves looked great by my palms were way too sweaty

Crybaby

Amazon returns on 19:32 - Aug 6 with 1055 viewsSpruceMoose

Amazon returns on 19:26 - Aug 6 by wkj

That and the heated steering wheel, my gloves looked great by my palms were way too sweaty

I bet the Uber sticker in the rear window looks great too.

Login to get fewer ads

Amazon returns on 09:15 - Aug 7 with 993 viewsdickie

Amazon returns on 14:48 - Aug 6 by wkj

In my experience amazon are very good with returns, sometimes too good in some ways. You're doing all the right things by the sound of it

Four times now on low value items I've requested a return when an item wasn't needed any longer; Amazon have issued me a refund then told me not to bother returning the item. Don't think I can become a career criminal with this but I have considered that when I buy something (that I do need), request a refund and see if I get it for free
Amazon returns on 09:23 - Aug 7 with 980 viewsuefacup81

All came good in the end.

A quick e-mail to the executive team (who I saw had been helpful in previous cases) asking what evidence they'd need from me, and they've processed the refund immediately.

Oddly enough, their position was that they'd still not received anything, let alone an empty box, so it seems like their Indian customer service team just couldn't be bothered.

Amazon returns on 09:41 - Aug 7 with 962 viewsBarneycurley

Oh no not another one of those bloody marvel franchises

Poll: Last nights obv lling of Evans are him and bluefish ever seen in the same room?

Amazon returns on 09:54 - Aug 7 with 948 viewsMattinLondon

Amazon returns on 16:54 - Aug 6 by Illinoisblue

what an odd response!

More rude than odd. Glasgow was trying to be helpful and he got that. Think he owes GB an apology
Amazon returns on 10:06 - Aug 7 with 938 viewsclive_baker

I know them from the other side of the fence. My wife has a small business selling through Amazon, just a little lifestyle business really and not her day job. They operate on a 'no questions asked' refund policy. So essentially if the consumer wants a refund they issue it, and charge the supplier back. With that in mind it shouldn't normally be an issue to get a refund.

Clearly the problem here is their claim that the box was empty. Proving if it was empty when it left the vendors depot initially, or if it was en route, or en route back from yours etc is going to be the challenge. I would think they'll probably refund you if you make enough of a fuss. If that doesn't work you shouldn't be afraid to email the top. Drop Doug Gurr a note, you would be surprised at how quickly things get sorted...

dgurr@amazon.com according to Google.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Amazon returns on 10:18 - Aug 7 with 927 viewsuefacup81

Amazon returns on 10:06 - Aug 7 by clive_baker

I know them from the other side of the fence. My wife has a small business selling through Amazon, just a little lifestyle business really and not her day job. They operate on a 'no questions asked' refund policy. So essentially if the consumer wants a refund they issue it, and charge the supplier back. With that in mind it shouldn't normally be an issue to get a refund.

Clearly the problem here is their claim that the box was empty. Proving if it was empty when it left the vendors depot initially, or if it was en route, or en route back from yours etc is going to be the challenge. I would think they'll probably refund you if you make enough of a fuss. If that doesn't work you shouldn't be afraid to email the top. Drop Doug Gurr a note, you would be surprised at how quickly things get sorted...

dgurr@amazon.com according to Google.

Cheers CB

That's the route I went down yesterday, and it's all been miraculously sorted already!

Amazon returns on 10:42 - Aug 7 with 905 viewsRyorry

Amazon returns on 09:15 - Aug 7 by dickie

Four times now on low value items I've requested a return when an item wasn't needed any longer; Amazon have issued me a refund then told me not to bother returning the item. Don't think I can become a career criminal with this but I have considered that when I buy something (that I do need), request a refund and see if I get it for free

Had same thing happen with a book; I donated it to our local library which are taking months to process it & I have doubts whether it'll ever see the shelves as a result of the bureaucracy!

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024