Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What does Lambert want Evans to tell the fans? 12:06 - Aug 4 with 4456 viewspointofblue

Lambert: Evans Should Tell the Fans What’s Going On 4th Aug 2019 12:00
Boss Paul Lambert has urged Marcus Evans to “tell the fans what’s going on” in relation to the club’s incoming transfer situation, something he says he expects the Town owner to do. 89

How many players he expects to sign, if any? What the financial situation is? What his expectations are for the season?

It still feels like Lambert is trying to influence or steer Evans via the press either way.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

What does Lambert want Evans to tell the fans? on 13:27 - Aug 4 with 1347 viewsmonty_radio

What does Lambert want Evans to tell the fans? on 12:46 - Aug 4 by tractorboy1978

If the whole of the Harrison fee went to Bristol Rovers because we still owed instalments, I would guess we still owe considerable amounts re Jackson, Donacien, Edwards, Nsiala and Nolan too. Is that eating up the sell ons?
[Post edited 4 Aug 2019 12:54]

I think that it's this kind of jumble that PL wants explained. Not sure that, if it were, the fanbase would be placated anyway. Not that it matters because ME would not offer anything more than the plate of platitudes, but perhaps PL would feel that the fans would then be more sympathetic to his own plight.

If true, it does say to me that PL is keenly aware of the vanishingly small difference he has been able to make to actual results so far.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

What does Lambert want Evans to tell the fans? on 13:29 - Aug 4 with 1343 viewsWickets

It came as a bit of a surprise to me that we still owed money on the Harrison transfer ,most of us felt that the transfer money coming in last season would more than cover the transfer outlay but maybe other clubs might still owe us for players sold last season. I cant say i look to close at published accounts can someone enlightened me ? though i suppose more details will be realised after the end of the next tax year ?
What does Lambert want Evans to tell the fans? on 14:01 - Aug 4 with 1290 viewscbower

The injuries are really clouding the situation for me. With Sears, Morris and Folami all fit, would we be that short up front? With Nolan, Edwards, Bishop , Dozzel and Nydam fit, we would be overstocked with good quality for L1 in midfield. With Chambers and Nsiala available, are we massively short at the back? I can see the need for a versatile defender maybe and a different kind of striker (in the Elliot mould) would certainly be beneficial but we seem to forget, we are in L1 now. Somebody put up an 11 of players who did not get on the pitch yesterday and whilst it wasn't amazing, it wasn't too shabby! Think about it (and I know some are injured but they are still getting paid) but we could put out:
Norris
Emmanuel
Nydam
Chambers
Nsiala
Dozzell
Nolan
Edwards
Bishop
Sears
Roberts
Subs:
Morris
Folami
Clements
Dobra
Cotter
Webber

bluescouser

What does Lambert want Evans to tell the fans? on 14:26 - Aug 4 with 1262 viewsgazzer1999

What does Lambert want Evans to tell the fans? on 12:41 - Aug 4 by pointofblue

As I’ve said elsewhere, my gripe is with the sell on fees which we’re receiving. It’s unexpected income, he wouldn’t have budgeted for it, why not use it to boost the squad?

It may be a gripe, but these sell ons probably come in over the period of a players contract. You need to get real life is how it is. Everyone who thinks otherwise is deluded.
Bobby Robson never went out and spent lots of money, he along with his staff coached the players to become better players, and if you were good enough you were old enough.
What does Lambert want Evans to tell the fans? on 14:40 - Aug 4 with 1239 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

What does Lambert want Evans to tell the fans? on 13:15 - Aug 4 by homer_123

Maybe Lambert should concentrate on the football.

Rather he didnt undo all the good work undertaken behind the scenes last year.

I agree, needs to stop moaning and get on with it. He's got a better squad than most.

Has also said in the past that we are only in for free's, so he knows the score.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

What does Lambert want Evans to tell the fans? on 17:00 - Aug 4 with 1152 viewspointofblue

What does Lambert want Evans to tell the fans? on 14:40 - Aug 4 by Marshalls_Mullet

I agree, needs to stop moaning and get on with it. He's got a better squad than most.

Has also said in the past that we are only in for free's, so he knows the score.

Though there's nothing to say Lambert wants more than free transfers. There's still some decent players out there to target in positions where we could strengthen.

Did Lambert go into the summer thinking that Holy and Norwood would be it in terms of first team permanent transfers?

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

What does Lambert want Evans to tell the fans? on 22:38 - Aug 4 with 1087 viewsFreddy

What does Lambert want Evans to tell the fans? on 12:14 - Aug 4 by dirtyboy

That he doesn’t actually have any money left.

Well, not that would impact his lifestyle.

He's worth over 800m
What does Lambert want Evans to tell the fans? on 23:13 - Aug 4 with 1063 viewsArnieM

What does Lambert want Evans to tell the fans? on 12:41 - Aug 4 by pointofblue

As I’ve said elsewhere, my gripe is with the sell on fees which we’re receiving. It’s unexpected income, he wouldn’t have budgeted for it, why not use it to boost the squad?

You appear to be making the assumption that this money is coming in all in one lump sum, which it rarely does.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Login to get fewer ads

What does Lambert want Evans to tell the fans? on 00:06 - Aug 5 with 1044 viewsWestcountryblue

What does Lambert want Evans to tell the fans? on 14:01 - Aug 4 by cbower

The injuries are really clouding the situation for me. With Sears, Morris and Folami all fit, would we be that short up front? With Nolan, Edwards, Bishop , Dozzel and Nydam fit, we would be overstocked with good quality for L1 in midfield. With Chambers and Nsiala available, are we massively short at the back? I can see the need for a versatile defender maybe and a different kind of striker (in the Elliot mould) would certainly be beneficial but we seem to forget, we are in L1 now. Somebody put up an 11 of players who did not get on the pitch yesterday and whilst it wasn't amazing, it wasn't too shabby! Think about it (and I know some are injured but they are still getting paid) but we could put out:
Norris
Emmanuel
Nydam
Chambers
Nsiala
Dozzell
Nolan
Edwards
Bishop
Sears
Roberts
Subs:
Morris
Folami
Clements
Dobra
Cotter
Webber

Bench lacks experience, but that is a top 6 side!!
What does Lambert want Evans to tell the fans? on 00:43 - Aug 5 with 1033 viewspablovian

The following scenario is pure speculation.

As a businessman, Evans wants to divest a loss-making business. He would like to 'break even' by recouping the loans he has made to the business, but could write off those 'investments'. He is not, under any circumstances, willing to take personal responsibility for the debt that was assumed when the business was acquired. How should he proceed? Plausibly, by seeking to sell the business as a going concern that has decent prospects. If so, he would cut operating costs and not make additional loans to the business, while avoiding the perception of a fire sale. While this course of action would be logical, it would put the local management team in a difficult situation ...
[Post edited 5 Aug 2019 6:51]
What does Lambert want Evans to tell the fans? on 06:20 - Aug 5 with 988 viewsdirtyboy

What does Lambert want Evans to tell the fans? on 22:38 - Aug 4 by Freddy

He's worth over 800m

You know that do you?

I’m ‘worth’ a lot, doesn’t mean I have much spare cash. Shares in a company, equity in my houses, my income and outgoings are what determine my cash flow though.

I’m not going round in circles on this debate again though, wealth is entirely different to ability to spend.

I’ve got farmers ‘worth’ millions but can’t afford new wellies!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024