Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dozzell hasn't travelled apparently 09:15 - Aug 3 with 7377 viewsMullet

Bollox

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Dozzell hasn't travelled apparently on 12:59 - Aug 3 with 894 viewssparks

Dozzell hasn't travelled apparently on 12:53 - Aug 3 by christiand

My mistake Sparks, he's doing a wonderful job and has done since he was first appointed!

Please identify one piece of evidence that I have "blind faith and trust" in ME.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Dozzell hasn't travelled apparently on 13:02 - Aug 3 with 886 viewssparks

Dozzell hasn't travelled apparently on 12:44 - Aug 3 by braveblue

All sales proceeds go to Group treasury. Selling an asset and not using the funds to reinvest is asset stripping.

This is simply wrong on two levels. Funds do not go to group treasury- they show in the clubs accounts, which run at a loss, funded by the group.

Secondly, as already explained, it is not in any way "asset stripping".

"Asset stripping is a term used to refer to the practice of selling off a company's assets in order to improve returns for equity investors."

"Asset stripping is the process of buying an undervalued company with the intent of selling off its assets to generate a profit for shareholders."

"the activity in which a company buys an unsuccessful company cheaply and sells its assets separately at a profit"

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)

Dozzell hasn't travelled apparently on 13:04 - Aug 3 with 876 viewsreusersfreekicks

People spend half their time moaning about his displays and the other half moaning about him poss being sold!! If it's a good price with a good sell on clause and some of it gets re-invested i would not be unhappy
Dozzell hasn't travelled apparently on 13:05 - Aug 3 with 868 viewschristiand

Dozzell hasn't travelled apparently on 12:59 - Aug 3 by sparks

Please identify one piece of evidence that I have "blind faith and trust" in ME.

Very supportive of our illustrious owner. Not sure why? Perhaps you can elaborate for me, it might be me who is looking at his ownership wrongly?

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Dozzell hasn't travelled apparently on 13:06 - Aug 3 with 866 viewsActionMan

Dozzell hasn't travelled apparently on 13:02 - Aug 3 by sparks

This is simply wrong on two levels. Funds do not go to group treasury- they show in the clubs accounts, which run at a loss, funded by the group.

Secondly, as already explained, it is not in any way "asset stripping".

"Asset stripping is a term used to refer to the practice of selling off a company's assets in order to improve returns for equity investors."

"Asset stripping is the process of buying an undervalued company with the intent of selling off its assets to generate a profit for shareholders."

"the activity in which a company buys an unsuccessful company cheaply and sells its assets separately at a profit"

People are confusing asset stripping with what in effect is loss management. Evans will be looking to reduce the cost of the club on himself as much as possible and sales help that. Its just managing the overall loss effectively to ensure that its as minimal as possible given we won't profit. Naturally this does nothing for the footballing side of the business.
Dozzell hasn't travelled apparently on 13:07 - Aug 3 with 861 viewssparks

Dozzell hasn't travelled apparently on 13:05 - Aug 3 by christiand

Very supportive of our illustrious owner. Not sure why? Perhaps you can elaborate for me, it might be me who is looking at his ownership wrongly?

Alternatively, please show me where, in this thread, I have been "very supportive" as opposed to simply correcting assertions which are plainly not well founded.

Dozzell hasn't travelled apparently on 13:07 - Aug 3 with 861 viewschristiand

Dozzell hasn't travelled apparently on 13:04 - Aug 3 by reusersfreekicks

People spend half their time moaning about his displays and the other half moaning about him poss being sold!! If it's a good price with a good sell on clause and some of it gets re-invested i would not be unhappy

Think the majority would agree with you, I would. However, the fact is it doesn't seem to get reinvested and that's the issue, well for me it is.

Dozzell hasn't travelled apparently on 13:07 - Aug 3 with 860 viewsSpruceMoose

Dozzell hasn't travelled apparently on 11:29 - Aug 3 by Naylorsboots

l think Sparks is a PA for Evans really. He is blinkered just like him.

You sure do have plenty of axes to grind against long standing posters considering your account is only a few days old...

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Login to get fewer ads

Dozzell hasn't travelled apparently on 13:08 - Aug 3 with 857 viewschristiand

Dozzell hasn't travelled apparently on 13:07 - Aug 3 by sparks

Alternatively, please show me where, in this thread, I have been "very supportive" as opposed to simply correcting assertions which are plainly not well founded.

Do you support ME and how he is running our club?
[Post edited 3 Aug 2019 13:12]

Dozzell hasn't travelled apparently on 13:13 - Aug 3 with 835 viewssparks

Dozzell hasn't travelled apparently on 13:08 - Aug 3 by christiand

Do you support ME and how he is running our club?
[Post edited 3 Aug 2019 13:12]

Dozzell hasn't travelled apparently on 13:14 - Aug 3 with 824 viewschristiand

Dozzell hasn't travelled apparently on 13:13 - Aug 3 by sparks

That's fine Sparks, you clearly don't want to answer the question, so that just confirms the answer.

Dozzell hasn't travelled apparently on 13:16 - Aug 3 with 813 viewssparks

Dozzell hasn't travelled apparently on 13:14 - Aug 3 by christiand

That's fine Sparks, you clearly don't want to answer the question, so that just confirms the answer.

You are the one making assertions.

I have asked these questions several times and watched you tapdance around them. Eventually you have decided that your way out is to ask something back and pretend (dishonestly) that it is I who am avoiding things...

The more obvious way out would be to say "sorry- I acknowledge you have not said anything of the sort and that I was wrong.

Dozzell hasn't travelled apparently on 13:17 - Aug 3 with 805 viewsGeoffSentence

Dozzell hasn't travelled apparently on 09:45 - Aug 3 by sparks

No. The money isnt removed- it simply reduces what has to be put in.

Very very different in principle.

Quite similar in practice though. The club loses a real asset, and sees nothing for it.*

*Based on the current position of no money from transfers being made available to the manager.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Dozzell hasn't travelled apparently on 13:18 - Aug 3 with 795 viewssparks

Dozzell hasn't travelled apparently on 13:17 - Aug 3 by GeoffSentence

Quite similar in practice though. The club loses a real asset, and sees nothing for it.*

*Based on the current position of no money from transfers being made available to the manager.

No. It really isnt. The club sees the money, which reduces the extent to which it makes huge losses and plunges towards insolvency.

Importantly, it is also a term which has hugely negative connotations and invites criticism of the person profiting. ME is plainly not profiting and it is simply dishonest of people to use this sort of pejorative term. Not to mention damaging.
[Post edited 3 Aug 2019 13:20]

Dozzell hasn't travelled apparently on 13:21 - Aug 3 with 785 viewsGeoffSentence

Dozzell hasn't travelled apparently on 13:18 - Aug 3 by sparks

No. It really isnt. The club sees the money, which reduces the extent to which it makes huge losses and plunges towards insolvency.

Importantly, it is also a term which has hugely negative connotations and invites criticism of the person profiting. ME is plainly not profiting and it is simply dishonest of people to use this sort of pejorative term. Not to mention damaging.
[Post edited 3 Aug 2019 13:20]

Yeah, I know you are right from a business perspective, but from a fan and football team perspective we lose a talented prospect and get .... nothing.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Dozzell hasn't travelled apparently on 13:22 - Aug 3 with 778 viewschristiand

Dozzell hasn't travelled apparently on 13:16 - Aug 3 by sparks

You are the one making assertions.

I have asked these questions several times and watched you tapdance around them. Eventually you have decided that your way out is to ask something back and pretend (dishonestly) that it is I who am avoiding things...

The more obvious way out would be to say "sorry- I acknowledge you have not said anything of the sort and that I was wrong.

Not at all, I actually gave an answer in response to your question, but then that simply got ignored so you could continue on your repetitive question crusade, therefore I decided to ask you the question. Clearly touched a nerve, so moving on.
[Post edited 3 Aug 2019 13:23]

Dozzell hasn't travelled apparently on 13:26 - Aug 3 with 762 viewssparks

Dozzell hasn't travelled apparently on 13:22 - Aug 3 by christiand

Not at all, I actually gave an answer in response to your question, but then that simply got ignored so you could continue on your repetitive question crusade, therefore I decided to ask you the question. Clearly touched a nerve, so moving on.
[Post edited 3 Aug 2019 13:23]

Thats an outright lie.

Please link / quote the reply you claim to have given.

Dozzell hasn't travelled apparently on 13:34 - Aug 3 with 737 viewschristiand

Dozzell hasn't travelled apparently on 13:26 - Aug 3 by sparks

Thats an outright lie.

Please link / quote the reply you claim to have given.

You're more than capable, look yourself.

Dozzell hasn't travelled apparently on 13:45 - Aug 3 with 705 viewssparks

Dozzell hasn't travelled apparently on 13:34 - Aug 3 by christiand

You're more than capable, look yourself.

It doesnt exist.

Dozzell hasn't travelled apparently on 13:58 - Aug 3 with 668 viewsdirtyboy

Dozzell hasn't travelled apparently on 13:45 - Aug 3 by sparks

It doesnt exist.

Got to say Sparks has nailed this.

Also, us more pragmatic types seem to support Evans which is not strictly correct, we just have an element of understanding in why he runs the club way he does in the light of few facts on which to base an opinion.

Personally, I don’t think he has enough cash, simple as that.
Dozzell hasn't travelled apparently on 14:02 - Aug 3 with 656 viewssparks

Dozzell hasn't travelled apparently on 13:58 - Aug 3 by dirtyboy

Also, us more pragmatic types seem to support Evans which is not strictly correct, we just have an element of understanding in why he runs the club way he does in the light of few facts on which to base an opinion.

Or, he has a firm view on how much of his cash he is prepared to throw down a probably bottomless pit, having been burned previously, and having seen the game change so much that competing with the big boys is now inconceivable and the money needed to buy Harry Maguire is £85m....

Dozzell hasn't travelled apparently on 14:11 - Aug 3 with 633 viewsGavTWTD

Brenna and Phil say that Dozzell has a knee injury.

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

Dozzell hasn't travelled apparently on 14:11 - Aug 3 with 632 viewschristiand

Dozzell hasn't travelled apparently on 14:02 - Aug 3 by sparks

Or, he has a firm view on how much of his cash he is prepared to throw down a probably bottomless pit, having been burned previously, and having seen the game change so much that competing with the big boys is now inconceivable and the money needed to buy Harry Maguire is £85m....

There you go, you can answer the question then Sparks!

Dozzell hasn't travelled apparently on 14:18 - Aug 3 with 609 viewssparks

Dozzell hasn't travelled apparently on 14:11 - Aug 3 by christiand

There you go, you can answer the question then Sparks!

Are you going to answer the ones posed, or continue lying about having already done so?

Dozzell hasn't travelled apparently on 14:26 - Aug 3 with 589 viewsSarge

Dozzell hasn't travelled apparently on 13:58 - Aug 3 by dirtyboy

My biggest frustration with Evans is not how much money he has or hasn’t got, but how stupid he is with what he has.

He gave Keane and Jewell god knows how much which they promptly wasted on crap. Then with Mick, our most capable manager in years he shuts off the tap so we have to make a silk purse from a sows ear. Hurst comes along and is given somewhere in the region of £2m+ which he spends on absolute garbage and then Lambert arrives and it’s back to offering half eaten packets of jelly babies and wondering why we can’t land our targets.

Mick and Lambert are the most experienced managers we’ve had since Joe Royle and they’ve been let down whilst their piss poor counterparts have had money to burn. That’s the main reason I’m sick of Evans. I’d take Vincent Tan over him at this rate.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024