Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So, that Boris bounce? 07:53 - Aug 2 with 3289 viewsElderGrizzly

So, that Boris bounce? on 08:49 - Aug 2 with 762 viewsJ2BLUE

So, that Boris bounce? on 08:07 - Aug 2 by ElderGrizzly

And 6 Tory MPs likely to defect before they return after the summer recess. Poor Boris 😬

Where is this from?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

So, that Boris bounce? on 08:53 - Aug 2 with 751 viewsGeoffSentence

Given that the tories were polling much lower than that some weeks ago, I think it fair to say that there has been a bit of a Boris bounce, even if that bounce is largely due to some Brexit Party loons finding a home for their kind of feckwittery back in the Conservative Party.

I am sure that eventually the electorate will see through Bojo, but by then it will be too late for the country.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

So, that Boris bounce? on 08:53 - Aug 2 with 756 viewsblueblueburleymcgrew

Wrong candidate for the Tories, had they picked someone else they would probably have won.

Suspect given how how the Tory vote largely held up that Boris and his team will be quietly happy with that outcome in terms of what might happen in a GE not just in this constituency but elsewhere.
So, that Boris bounce? on 08:55 - Aug 2 with 741 viewsNthsuffolkblue

So, that Boris bounce? on 08:53 - Aug 2 by blueblueburleymcgrew

Wrong candidate for the Tories, had they picked someone else they would probably have won.

Suspect given how how the Tory vote largely held up that Boris and his team will be quietly happy with that outcome in terms of what might happen in a GE not just in this constituency but elsewhere.

What does it say about them as a party that they still put him up?

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

So, that Boris bounce? on 08:56 - Aug 2 with 730 viewsNthsuffolkblue

So, that Boris bounce? on 08:10 - Aug 2 by Herbivore

Often some of that is down to low turnout, those that voted for the ruling party don't turn up. This was the highest turnout in a by election in over 20 years. I think it's a significant result for an unequivocally remain party to win a seat from the Tories in a constituency that was pro-leave.

I hope you are right. Just thought I should point out there are a couple of other factors to consider.

So, that Boris bounce? on 08:57 - Aug 2 with 727 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

So, that Boris bounce? on 08:33 - Aug 2 by StokieBlue

Then why didn't they come out and vote to ensure our happens?

SB

Because they have returned to their disenfranchised holes....many of you will be pleased to know.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If he goes will he still be Super?

So, that Boris bounce? on 08:59 - Aug 2 with 720 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

So, that Boris bounce? on 08:34 - Aug 2 by Herbivore

It was an utterly irrelevant post, that stat has no bearing on anything to do with this discussion. Your edit is also pure speculation really, what we know is a heavily pro-Remain party has just won the by election, though of course parliamentary elections should be and are decided by more than just a single issue.

Says the arbiter of relevance.

So, that Boris bounce? on 08:59 - Aug 2 with 722 viewsgiant_stow

So, that Boris bounce? on 08:57 - Aug 2 by BanksterDebtSlave

Because they have returned to their disenfranchised holes....many of you will be pleased to know.

How can they be disenfranchised having just had an election?!

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Login to get fewer ads

So, that Boris bounce? on 08:59 - Aug 2 with 720 viewsHerbivore

So, that Boris bounce? on 08:57 - Aug 2 by BanksterDebtSlave

So they think that leaving the EU and putting their lot begins British sovereignty is for them, but they don't feel that any British party is for them? Maybe they ought to have thought that through a bit more.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

So, that Boris bounce? on 09:00 - Aug 2 with 712 viewsblueblueburleymcgrew

So, that Boris bounce? on 08:55 - Aug 2 by Nthsuffolkblue

What does it say about them as a party that they still put him up?

Agreed very poor choice and they paid the price.
So, that Boris bounce? on 09:01 - Aug 2 with 710 viewsHerbivore

So, that Boris bounce? on 08:59 - Aug 2 by BanksterDebtSlave

Says the arbiter of relevance.

Water is two parts hydrogen and one part oxygen: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Water?wprov=sfla1

So, that Boris bounce? on 09:03 - Aug 2 with 703 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

So, that Boris bounce? on 08:59 - Aug 2 by giant_stow

You remember all those people that voted for the first time in the referendum becausr thry felt nobody spoke for them....well guess what, they still don't.

So, that Boris bounce? on 09:03 - Aug 2 with 701 viewsblueblueburleymcgrew

So, that Boris bounce? on 08:35 - Aug 2 by ElderGrizzly

And already in other marginal seats, discussions have started to repeat this outcome.

The outcome will only be repeated if you get the votes, the alliance in itself is no guarantee of the outcome.
So, that Boris bounce? on 09:03 - Aug 2 with 696 viewsBigManBlue

I think what nobody could argue with is that Labour's Brexit position (leaving aside issues of whether it was right/wrong/smart/not) has left room for the Lib Dems to make huge, huge gains. I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of "shy Remainers", both red and blue, end up voting for them in a general election (I probably would, for what it's worth). They seem to have momentum and a self-belief and can rally people around one very clear-cut issue, not unlike Nige and the BP.

Poll: If Bart stays, who's no. 1?

So, that Boris bounce? on 09:04 - Aug 2 with 692 viewsHerbivore

So, that Boris bounce? on 09:03 - Aug 2 by BanksterDebtSlave

You remember all those people that voted for the first time in the referendum becausr thry felt nobody spoke for them....well guess what, they still don't.

The voters cynically targeted by Cambridge Analytica you mean?

So, that Boris bounce? on 09:05 - Aug 2 with 682 viewsNthsuffolkblue

So, that Boris bounce? on 08:59 - Aug 2 by giant_stow

That said, there were a significant number that voted in the referendum who supposedly had never voted in a general election.

I hope the feeling in the country has changed and there will be support/acceptance when we don't leave. I am not convinced, though.

So, that Boris bounce? on 09:07 - Aug 2 with 675 viewsgiant_stow

So, that Boris bounce? on 09:03 - Aug 2 by BanksterDebtSlave

Not even Boris or Farage? They could have voted for either, so why didn't they?

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

So, that Boris bounce? on 09:08 - Aug 2 with 667 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

So, that Boris bounce? on 08:59 - Aug 2 by Herbivore

So they think that leaving the EU and putting their lot begins British sovereignty is for them, but they don't feel that any British party is for them? Maybe they ought to have thought that through a bit more.

Assumptiontastic, so you think you can speak for them without speaking to them.....typical of the educated liberal elite I suppose.

So, that Boris bounce? on 09:09 - Aug 2 with 657 viewsHerbivore

So, that Boris bounce? on 09:08 - Aug 2 by BanksterDebtSlave

Assumptiontastic, so you think you can speak for them without speaking to them.....typical of the educated liberal elite I suppose.

It was a reasonable inference from your post. See, when you actually engage with people's posts it is possible to make inferences from them and move the debate forward. You might want to give it a try some time.

So, that Boris bounce? on 09:10 - Aug 2 with 658 viewsgiant_stow

So, that Boris bounce? on 09:05 - Aug 2 by Nthsuffolkblue

That said, there were a significant number that voted in the referendum who supposedly had never voted in a general election.

I hope the feeling in the country has changed and there will be support/acceptance when we don't leave. I am not convinced, though.

Something must have made these previous non-voters decide to back off again - I'm just wondering what that could be. Perhaps, they've changed their minds as the realisation struck that Brexit is all about the monied classes making even more?

So, that Boris bounce? on 09:10 - Aug 2 with 662 viewsElderGrizzly

Go Boris!

So, that Boris bounce? on 09:11 - Aug 2 with 649 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

So, that Boris bounce? on 09:04 - Aug 2 by Herbivore

The voters cynically targeted by Cambridge Analytica you mean?

Oh sorry I thought they didn't exist (You know these people without a British party to represent them.)

So, that Boris bounce? on 09:11 - Aug 2 with 648 viewsgiant_stow

So, that Boris bounce? on 09:08 - Aug 2 by BanksterDebtSlave

Funnily enough, that's exactly what you're doing!

Edit: I'm doing a one-man twtd-post-storm on this thread- apologies all - I'll back off.
[Post edited 2 Aug 2019 9:13]

So, that Boris bounce? on 09:13 - Aug 2 with 643 viewsElderGrizzly

So, that Boris bounce? on 08:49 - Aug 2 by J2BLUE

Where is this from?

Widely reported in media just after Boris became PM. Think it was 8 at the time, now down to 6

Those Tories who can’t support a no deal have been discussing switching to Lib Dems. The remaining Change lot are apparently not far behind either.
[Post edited 2 Aug 2019 9:13]
So, that Boris bounce? on 09:13 - Aug 2 with 642 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

So, that Boris bounce? on 09:07 - Aug 2 by giant_stow

Not even Boris or Farage? They could have voted for either, so why didn't they?

Maybe they want nothing to do with free market racists?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024