Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Quailty Centre Back 09:52 - Jul 31 with 3930 viewsWickets

Badly needed if we are going to mount a promotion push . OK so i'm stating the obvious .
lollers on 14:42 - Jul 31 with 826 viewsDyland

Quailty Centre Back on 10:30 - Jul 31 by BlueBadger

Early season performances mostly. I basically gave up on watching us in the flesh by about mid-October last season given that we weren't winning and I couldn't see where we WERE going to win.
Nsiala always struck me as being seconds away from a ridiculous mistake or a reckless lunge that would put us into trouble.
[Post edited 31 Jul 2019 12:23]

nftysc x

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Quailty Centre Back on 15:25 - Jul 31 with 790 viewschristiand

Your quality CB will be either WIlson or Guthrie.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Quailty Centre Back on 15:32 - Jul 31 with 789 viewsBryanPlug

Quailty Centre Back on 15:25 - Jul 31 by christiand

Your quality CB will be either WIlson or Guthrie.

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Quailty Centre Back on 17:20 - Jul 31 with 755 viewsWickets

Quailty Centre Back on 14:17 - Jul 31 by Superfrans

I really can't see us paying anywhere near a salary of £8k a week in League 1 for a 3rd or 4th choice CB. Fact is Chambers, Nsiala and Woolfenden and our first 3 CBs this season. Anyone else coming in is going to be on £2/3k absolute maximum pw, aren't they?

I was thinking we need a first choice but too be honest i don't really see it happening as PL say's no fee's and as some rightly say average wage . I think we all agree Marcus has put in large chunks of cash but now seems A tad disallusioned .
[Post edited 31 Jul 2019 17:21]
Quailty Centre Back on 17:30 - Jul 31 with 744 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Quailty Centre Back on 10:15 - Jul 31 by BlueBadger

One who is getting no younger, another essentially unproven and the other one is rubbish. Christ.

I think Toto needed time to get to grips with the pace of the Championship. Hurst just threw him in when he needed time, some sub appearances and plenty of practice against our 1st choice strikers in training.

He looked more assured towards the end of the season for me.

Hurst chucked a bunch of players making the step up at once when they needed slowly introducing. If he had started with maybe Nolan and one of the strikers and slowly introduced the rest we may have had a a chance.... we let too many go and changed too much too soon.

I think we need cover there but Chambo who should be rock solid in L1 and Toto or Woolfie alongside is fine as a starting line up. More worried about RB. Emaunelle has shown he can play at this level but also looks like he has a mistake in him... he needs a season of fighting for the spot and development.

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

Quailty Centre Back on 19:01 - Jul 31 with 733 viewsPositivelyPortman

Quailty Centre Back on 10:36 - Jul 31 by Coastalblue

He does look like he has a ricket in him, I'll agree with that, but I also think in a settled defence that's not getting battered every week and watching cleared balls come straight back like they're on a bit of elastic tied to our goal he'll be quite competent at this level.

Not outstanding, but competent.

Chambers looks like he has a “ricket in him” every week too, and he’s the freaking undroppable captain.
Last 4 games of the season Toto was outstanding and was voted top player by those at the games.

Poll: Are we happy with the takeover?

Quailty Centre Back on 12:41 - Aug 1 with 642 viewschristiand

Quailty Centre Back on 15:32 - Jul 31 by BryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Wilson it is then!

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Quailty Centre Back on 12:46 - Aug 1 with 634 viewscrunchie1978

Quailty Centre Back on 10:23 - Jul 31 by BlueBadger

At this point, Chambers is comfortably the pick of the bunch.

Better than woolfie?
Login to get fewer ads

Quailty Centre Back on 14:46 - Aug 1 with 605 viewsSuperfrans

Quailty Centre Back on 14:23 - Jul 31 by clive_baker

I think to meet the remit of 'quality centre back' i.e. nailed on started, we would be looking at that sort of money, but as I said I can't see who that player would be.

Agree if we're talking about filling a gap as a backup then yes, significantly less.

"Quality" in the Championship is very different from "quality" in League One though.

Sadly, we're shopping in Aldi right no. The days of Waitrose are past... :-(

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024