Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament 23:11 - Jul 25 with 42060 viewsStokieBlue

Nice to see them all taking it so seriously, after all it was only 42.6C in Paris today.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-49092653

SB
[Post edited 25 Jul 2019 23:12]

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 21:16 - Jul 26 with 1223 viewsStokieBlue

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 21:12 - Jul 26 by caught-in-limbo

What data presented in the document I linked is actually wrong?

You're big on motive, you've managed to have a whole argument about it. Why then do you dismiss the obvious and acknowledged motive when it suits you?

We are now to take the message at face value and dismiss the motive, the exact opposite of your original opinion in this thread.

It's really poor stuff.

SB
[Post edited 26 Jul 2019 21:18]

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 21:17 - Jul 26 with 1220 viewswkj

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 21:13 - Jul 26 by J2BLUE

At Copleston Sixth Form, we had a teacher who would spend the first 1.5 hours of a 2 hour lesson talking to one guy about his sister. Then for the last half an hour he would say we needed to 'get serious' like it wasour fault he was a tw@t. A class of about 12 and he only knew the names of the girls and the one whose sister he perved over. The rest of us were collectively known as 'the lads'.

God that sounds so familiar, my 6th form teachers were so unengaged too. It's an awful occurrence when FE teachers are paid well but seem to lack passion of a lot of hard working, and poorly paid, highschool teachers.

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 21:18 - Jul 26 with 1213 viewscaught-in-limbo

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 21:07 - Jul 26 by Darth_Koont

But you're attacking the messenger using the likes of Nigel Lawson's climate change deniers to do so. it's obvious that Thunberg has a team behind her, and perhaps even was "exploited" to be in this position.

You make it about wealth and privilege and CONSPIRACY. Have you been to Sweden? Could have been almost anyone.

You do such a disservice to legitimate dissent by insinuating such boll@cks. Seriously. what's your problem?
[Post edited 26 Jul 2019 21:07]

I'm not attacking Greta. I'm attacking the people behind Greta for exploiting a child. Perhaps you think that's okay.

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 21:21 - Jul 26 with 1207 viewsRyorry

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 21:18 - Jul 26 by caught-in-limbo

I'm not attacking Greta. I'm attacking the people behind Greta for exploiting a child. Perhaps you think that's okay.

Yeah, clearly she desn't have much of a brain or capacity to think independently, & is unable to stand up for herself

*Massive Irony alert

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 21:21 - Jul 26 with 1205 viewscaught-in-limbo

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 21:07 - Jul 26 by SpruceMoose

Nice soundbite.

Think I saw it on a t-shirt for sale on Gt Yarmouth seafront once, between the baseball caps with fake poo on the brim and the Keep Calm and Carry On merch.

Do you think scientific debate is ever closed on any issue? If you do, then you're sort of missing the point of science.

#toxic

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 21:22 - Jul 26 with 1206 viewsDarth_Koont

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 21:14 - Jul 26 by caught-in-limbo

You don't appear to have answered my question.

I can't. We're back to the essential question of what is your problem.

Full disclosure: I can't abide people who are obvious conspiracy nutters. Wherever you stand on the political spectrum, you are as negative, wrong and dangerous as any far-right activist.

Pronouns: He/Him

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 21:22 - Jul 26 with 1205 viewsJ2BLUE

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 21:15 - Jul 26 by Ryorry

You completely ignored everything in that post of CIL's that was outside of "history" when you replied.

Interesting take. I think you have misinterpreted it.

Here is my post:

I'm not sure what is wrong with this post. It's basic GCSE history class to be taught to consider the source of information. Most of this post can be fact checked. If people disagree, don't get angry, just calmly dismantle it if you can.

Maybe I should have started a new paragraph after the first sentence. I said consider the source which I don't think is unfair. Then I said it can be fact checked as in people can check what CIL said for themselves rather than go on the attack. If they still think she is wrong they can 'calmly dismantle' her post. I even said in the next paragraph that I don't know much about Thunberg and made it clear I believe climate change is real.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 21:24 - Jul 26 with 1194 viewscaught-in-limbo

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 21:16 - Jul 26 by StokieBlue

You're big on motive, you've managed to have a whole argument about it. Why then do you dismiss the obvious and acknowledged motive when it suits you?

We are now to take the message at face value and dismiss the motive, the exact opposite of your original opinion in this thread.

It's really poor stuff.

SB
[Post edited 26 Jul 2019 21:18]

You don't appear to have answered the question.

I'll ask it again:

"What data presented in the document I linked is actually wrong?"

If you can't, just say so.

#toxic

Login to get fewer ads

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 21:26 - Jul 26 with 1186 viewswkj

Surely it is way too hot and weekend to be engaged in such a snake eating its tail argument. Its Friday, pinot for all.
[Post edited 26 Jul 2019 21:27]

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 21:27 - Jul 26 with 1186 viewsRyorry

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 21:22 - Jul 26 by J2BLUE

Interesting take. I think you have misinterpreted it.

Here is my post:

I'm not sure what is wrong with this post. It's basic GCSE history class to be taught to consider the source of information. Most of this post can be fact checked. If people disagree, don't get angry, just calmly dismantle it if you can.

Maybe I should have started a new paragraph after the first sentence. I said consider the source which I don't think is unfair. Then I said it can be fact checked as in people can check what CIL said for themselves rather than go on the attack. If they still think she is wrong they can 'calmly dismantle' her post. I even said in the next paragraph that I don't know much about Thunberg and made it clear I believe climate change is real.

Q: "I'm not sure what is wrong with this post."

A. Try looking at

1. Pretty lame reporting from the BBC in their "Who is Greta Thunberg?" link in that article.
There's no mention of her being born into privilege and wealth, nor is there any mention of the nature of her NGO backers

2. Using minors in this way is actually child abuse.

3. With regards to the actions of certain French parliamentarians, don't get your knickers in a twist over it. It's all theatre and the French centre right party are in on it too.

4. But I think you know that and that's possibly why this forum is subjected to your almost daily, pro-globalist, news story links.

5. Let the capitalist globalists reveal themselves by downvoting this post.

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 21:30 - Jul 26 with 1172 viewscaught-in-limbo

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 21:21 - Jul 26 by Ryorry

Yeah, clearly she desn't have much of a brain or capacity to think independently, & is unable to stand up for herself

*Massive Irony alert

She shares her mother's views to a tee. Why doesn't her mother speak out as she has always done on this issue? Why bring in a minor? Greta adds nothing to the message apart from emotion designed to manipulate. If that's okay with you, fine. It's not the way I think politics should be done.

#toxic

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 21:32 - Jul 26 with 1166 viewsStokieBlue

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 21:24 - Jul 26 by caught-in-limbo

I'll ask it again:

So, let's be clear. You want me to go through a PDF study right now to find their bias and if I don't that's acceptance that the information is correct?

I don't think you need me to tell you poor a post that is.

At least you ignored the motive point so you didn't have to admit your own hypocrisy. Luckily everyone can read just fine and see it for themselves.

SB

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 21:33 - Jul 26 with 1164 viewsDarth_Koont

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 21:24 - Jul 26 by caught-in-limbo

I'll ask it again:

No. We're not playing that game. If it wasn't for your illogical rabbit holes you conspiracy theorists would be fecked.

You have to present YOUR evidence. And if you can't do it in just a couple of lines then let's just move on to something real.

Pronouns: He/Him

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 21:34 - Jul 26 with 1162 viewscaught-in-limbo

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 21:22 - Jul 26 by Darth_Koont

I can't. We're back to the essential question of what is your problem.

Full disclosure: I can't abide people who are obvious conspiracy nutters. Wherever you stand on the political spectrum, you are as negative, wrong and dangerous as any far-right activist.

You can't answer my question. Calling someone dangerous but not being able to point out what is inaccurate about what I post is just pitchfork-waving witch-hunting.

#toxic

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 21:35 - Jul 26 with 1160 viewsJ2BLUE

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 21:27 - Jul 26 by Ryorry

Q: "I'm not sure what is wrong with this post."

A. Try looking at

1. Pretty lame reporting from the BBC in their "Who is Greta Thunberg?" link in that article.
There's no mention of her being born into privilege and wealth, nor is there any mention of the nature of her NGO backers

2. Using minors in this way is actually child abuse.

3. With regards to the actions of certain French parliamentarians, don't get your knickers in a twist over it. It's all theatre and the French centre right party are in on it too.

4. But I think you know that and that's possibly why this forum is subjected to your almost daily, pro-globalist, news story links.

5. Let the capitalist globalists reveal themselves by downvoting this post.

1. I consider that a fair point. If the BBC ran an article on Farage of Boris and didn't mention their background people would be critical.

2. Everyone can have an opinion. I have no idea if she was pushed into this. I don't know enough to comment. I could (but am not going to!) name something I consider child abuse which would probably get the same reaction.

3. Again I don't know enough to comment

4. I guess she means the mainstream media? Lots of people don't trust the media. I used to read plenty of alternative media sources but gradually grew tired of them.

5. Fair enough, unnecessary comment.

I'm not being funny as we get on well but is there a reason you are replying to my post rather than her post directly tackling the actual points?

Truly impaired.

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 21:35 - Jul 26 with 1157 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 10:58 - Jul 26 by StokieBlue

I'm not getting into this. Everyone can see exactly what you are like. Your post was an ad hominen attack on a young woman trying to highlight an important issue.

This post is once again condescending. You've put virtually the same last line in bold on another thread as you did in your original post in this thread - can you explain why you are calling out posters with those lines, trying to shame them of their opinions? Of course it's shutting down debate.

You are really quite a horrible poster.

SB

Where is the bit where CIL attacks a young woman?

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 21:38 - Jul 26 with 1150 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Only this morning on R4 there was a discussion about reversing climate change by blasting mirrors in to orbit to reflect the sun's radiation......now that is madness!

There's money to be made out of this crisis!
[Post edited 26 Jul 2019 21:39]

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 21:41 - Jul 26 with 1141 viewscaught-in-limbo

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 21:32 - Jul 26 by StokieBlue

So, let's be clear. You want me to go through a PDF study right now to find their bias and if I don't that's acceptance that the information is correct?

I don't think you need me to tell you poor a post that is.

At least you ignored the motive point so you didn't have to admit your own hypocrisy. Luckily everyone can read just fine and see it for themselves.

SB

What are you talking about?

What I linked was a collection of data and a subsequent interpretation of that data.

You don't have to go through all of it, just tell me either a) what data is incorrect or b) why you think the interpretation of it is wrong.

If it's wrong or dangerous as you seem to be saying, it shouldn't be difficult to say why.

It's not difficult. Just stay on topic.

#toxic

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 21:42 - Jul 26 with 1138 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Oh....I also find this new trend to emotive lecturing from children a little sick making too....the Society of the Spectacle is still going strong!

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 21:42 - Jul 26 with 1138 viewsRyorry

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 21:35 - Jul 26 by J2BLUE

1. I consider that a fair point. If the BBC ran an article on Farage of Boris and didn't mention their background people would be critical.

2. Everyone can have an opinion. I have no idea if she was pushed into this. I don't know enough to comment. I could (but am not going to!) name something I consider child abuse which would probably get the same reaction.

3. Again I don't know enough to comment

4. I guess she means the mainstream media? Lots of people don't trust the media. I used to read plenty of alternative media sources but gradually grew tired of them.

5. Fair enough, unnecessary comment.

I'm not being funny as we get on well but is there a reason you are replying to my post rather than her post directly tackling the actual points?

You said you didn't see what was wrong with your post, I answered.

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 21:43 - Jul 26 with 1135 viewsjaykay

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 20:51 - Jul 26 by caught-in-limbo

But you, like Stokie, always say the same thing and then engage with me and then start getting insulting. I apologise for very rarely rising to it.

thats what amuses me about the 2 posters you have just mentioned, if its pickles they dealing with ,they moan his answers are one words replies and he should try to answer with *facts etc.
you replies usually have links to ** read and have more than word, the very thing they accuse pickles of not doing.

* who knows what facts are right or wrong
** not saying your links are right or wrong but you do research subjects

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 21:46 - Jul 26 with 1130 viewsJ2BLUE

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 21:42 - Jul 26 by Ryorry

You said you didn't see what was wrong with your post, I answered.

Oh yea!

Sorry!

Truly impaired.

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 21:47 - Jul 26 with 1126 viewscaught-in-limbo

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 21:33 - Jul 26 by Darth_Koont

No. We're not playing that game. If it wasn't for your illogical rabbit holes you conspiracy theorists would be fecked.

You have to present YOUR evidence. And if you can't do it in just a couple of lines then let's just move on to something real.

Eh?

If I post something which you disagree with and I ask you what it is you actually disagree with, that's not a game.

If you can't or don't want to say where I'm wrong, perhaps the best thing to do is not engage in the discussion. Perhaps you could use that time to go through the information I have provided and come back with a non-emotional response rather than just making a lot of noise.

#toxic

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 21:47 - Jul 26 with 1125 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 21:07 - Jul 26 by SpruceMoose

Nice soundbite.

Think I saw it on a t-shirt for sale on Gt Yarmouth seafront once, between the baseball caps with fake poo on the brim and the Keep Calm and Carry On merch.

Yep your insults are way more superior!

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 21:48 - Jul 26 with 1122 viewsStokieBlue

Pathetic stuff from some members of the French parliament on 21:41 - Jul 26 by caught-in-limbo

What are you talking about?

What I linked was a collection of data and a subsequent interpretation of that data.

You don't have to go through all of it, just tell me either a) what data is incorrect or b) why you think the interpretation of it is wrong.

If it's wrong or dangerous as you seem to be saying, it shouldn't be difficult to say why.

It's not difficult. Just stay on topic.

I said you were dangerous, let's not get mixed up here. You are literally promoting climate change denial.

Every post has been on topic.

Can you please acknowledge your hypocrisy now? Does motive matter or the message? If motive doesn't matter then what was the point of your first post? How can anything be more topical that your first post?

You aren't contributing to the board, you're using it as a vessel to promote highly dubious views which could have real consequences. I find it highly distasteful.

SB

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024