Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
TWTD Physio clique - sore knee edition 11:14 - Jul 20 with 2580 viewsartsbossbeard

Right, I woke up last Monday morning with a stiff knee and it's not improved all week, however, I have been able to play 5-a-side a couple of time and exercise without (much) discomfort.

The knee is sore on bending, as in sitting on a chair 45 degree bending, and rights itself once I'm up & active.

What's the prognosis, TWTD MD's?

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

I'm kind of a doctor, Bossers. on 11:17 - Jul 20 with 2566 viewsDyland

It sounds to me like you have horse aids.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

I'm kind of a doctor, Bossers. on 11:19 - Jul 20 with 2560 viewsartsbossbeard

I'm kind of a doctor, Bossers. on 11:17 - Jul 20 by Dyland

It sounds to me like you have horse aids.

That sounds much more manly than the Housemaids Knee diagnosis I was expecting.

I'm happy with that.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.

TWTD Physio clique - sore knee edition on 15:12 - Jul 21 with 2347 viewsSwansea_Blue

Have you tried pulling your eyelashes out to see if that helps?

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

TWTD Physio clique - sore knee edition on 15:24 - Jul 21 with 2331 viewsrapier

TWTD Physio clique - sore knee edition on 15:12 - Jul 21 by Swansea_Blue

Have you tried pulling your eyelashes out to see if that helps?

Someone been watching House?
[Post edited 21 Jul 2019 15:25]
TWTD Physio clique - sore knee edition on 15:58 - Jul 21 with 2297 viewsDubtractor

Expert diagnosis: You're getting old and knocks and strains from your younger days catching up on you.

On a related note, my left knee has been really tender the last few weeks any time I crouch down.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

TWTD Physio clique - sore knee edition on 18:50 - Jul 21 with 2238 viewsgordon

Sorry Emyr, I think you're just going to have to rest it for the next 18 months to see if that clears it up.
TWTD Physio clique - sore knee edition on 19:00 - Jul 21 with 2225 viewsPippin1970

Arthritis and gangrene
TWTD Physio clique - sore knee edition on 19:02 - Jul 21 with 2222 viewsSwansea_Blue

TWTD Physio clique - sore knee edition on 15:24 - Jul 21 by rapier

Someone been watching House?
[Post edited 21 Jul 2019 15:25]

Nope, just referencing another thread (not that it sounds like an laughing matter).

Login to get fewer ads

TWTD Physio clique - sore knee edition on 20:03 - Jul 21 with 2189 viewsLesta_Tractor

Patellar tendonosis!

Does it hurt when you drive?

1:23:47, 38:26
Poll: What is more important to you?

TWTD Physio clique - sore knee edition on 21:59 - Jul 21 with 2144 viewsSwansea_Blue

TWTD Physio clique - sore knee edition on 20:03 - Jul 21 by Lesta_Tractor

Patellar tendonosis!

Does it hurt when you drive?

Not so sure. If he’s waking up with a stiff knee, it could be Patellar Morning Glorious?

TWTD Physio clique - sore knee edition on 06:07 - Jul 22 with 2080 viewstextbackup

the most obvious answer here is to ensure you change the pocket you carry your wallet in.

do 15mins left pocket, 15 min right pocket.... the weight of that thing is enough to knacker anyone's joints

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

TWTD Physio clique - sore knee edition on 06:51 - Jul 22 with 2059 viewsThisIsMyUsername

Where abouts exactly is the pain? Does it feel deep or superficial?

When you say it rights itself when you stand up and move around, is it a complete reduction in stiffness/pain?

Poll: Which of these events will happen the soonest?

TWTD Physio clique - sore knee edition on 07:24 - Jul 22 with 2040 viewsgordon

TWTD Physio clique - sore knee edition on 06:51 - Jul 22 by ThisIsMyUsername

Where abouts exactly is the pain? Does it feel deep or superficial?

When you say it rights itself when you stand up and move around, is it a complete reduction in stiffness/pain?

Are you thinking Arthritis? Age-related degenerative Disorder? Schweinkholl's Syndrome?
TWTD Physio clique - sore knee edition on 08:13 - Jul 22 with 2002 viewsKieran_Knows

Have a word with JW, he should know!

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

TWTD Physio clique - sore knee edition on 08:14 - Jul 22 with 2001 viewsThisIsMyUsername

TWTD Physio clique - sore knee edition on 07:24 - Jul 22 by gordon

Are you thinking Arthritis? Age-related degenerative Disorder? Schweinkholl's Syndrome?

Stiffness/pain that improves with activity is more characteristic of age related changes/general wear and tear, especially as OP hasn't mentioned any specific trauma that happened. But pain doesn't necessarily = damage. Also exercise is unlikely to actually make it worse.

I've not heard of that syndrome and nothing comes up when I Google it...

Keep moving OP as you said that helps. If it persists and you want a proper opinion then always worth making a physio appointment. If you're in Suffolk/Essex you can self-refer via AHP.
[Post edited 22 Jul 2019 8:18]

Poll: Which of these events will happen the soonest?

TWTD Physio clique - sore knee edition on 08:18 - Jul 22 with 1990 viewsartsbossbeard

Cheers all, sorted a physio appt tomorrow night based on the feedback provided.

Yep, pain on driving, pain on bending but once I'm up and active it's all ok (ish).

Cheers again all, ta!

TWTD Physio clique - sore knee edition on 08:19 - Jul 22 with 1983 viewsgordon

TWTD Physio clique - sore knee edition on 08:14 - Jul 22 by ThisIsMyUsername

Stiffness/pain that improves with activity is more characteristic of age related changes/general wear and tear, especially as OP hasn't mentioned any specific trauma that happened. But pain doesn't necessarily = damage. Also exercise is unlikely to actually make it worse.

I've not heard of that syndrome and nothing comes up when I Google it...

Keep moving OP as you said that helps. If it persists and you want a proper opinion then always worth making a physio appointment. If you're in Suffolk/Essex you can self-refer via AHP.
[Post edited 22 Jul 2019 8:18]

You sound like an actual expert...
TWTD Physio clique - sore knee edition on 08:46 - Jul 22 with 1952 viewsartsbossbeard

TWTD Physio clique - sore knee edition on 06:07 - Jul 22 by textbackup

the most obvious answer here is to ensure you change the pocket you carry your wallet in.

do 15mins left pocket, 15 min right pocket.... the weight of that thing is enough to knacker anyone's joints

Never listen to LL...

I don't carry cash.

UPDATE on 08:41 - Jul 26 with 1822 viewsartsbossbeard

Glad to report that there's nothing too untoward with the old knee.

Phyiso has given mesome stretches and some strengthening exercises but the boots (well, indoor 5-a-side trainers) aren't getting hung up just yet.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024