Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I've conceded we won't be getting any more defenders 13:10 - Jul 7 with 5250 viewsJ2BLUE

It seems our defence is now:

Kenlock/Nydam

Chambers/Nsiala/Woolf

Emmanuel/Donacien

I'm not going to count Nbada. Asking one young CB to step up is difficult enough. I hate having less than 8 defenders but it seems to be the Ipswich way in recent times. With Donacien and Chambers able to cover other positions and Skuse possibly covering CB if we're desperate I now have to reluctantly agree that we probably aren't bringing any more defenders in.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

I've conceded we won't be getting any more defenders on 15:03 - Jul 7 with 2151 viewsBlueBadger

I've conceded we won't be getting any more defenders on 14:45 - Jul 7 by BLUEBEAT

Nsiala made good progress towards end of season, after Pennington’s injury and a regular place in the starting eleven.

The final game, against Leeds, he was very impressive.

Hope is there.
[Post edited 7 Jul 2019 14:46]

'Good progress' is not really what I want to see from an allegedly experienced defender...
[Post edited 7 Jul 2019 15:18]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What would be the funniest relegation on Saturday
Blog: From Despair to Where?

I've conceded we won't be getting any more defenders on 15:07 - Jul 7 with 2145 viewsJ2BLUE

I've conceded we won't be getting any more defenders on 14:41 - Jul 7 by tractorboy1978

No problem with frees if they are of the right quality. We need a couple of bodies though.

Free agents stopped being paid as of June 30th. You'd think, if we're going to get the decent ones in that it would be very soon. If it drags on it will be concerning. Unless we're just waiting on Keane to prove his fitness before he signs but even then it has the potential to go wrong.

Truly impaired.

I've conceded we won't be getting any more defenders on 15:09 - Jul 7 with 2139 viewstextbackup

I've conceded we won't be getting any more defenders on 14:30 - Jul 7 by tractorboy1978

I think we are short defensively but we are really short up top. We finished the season with:

Harrison, Jackson, Quaner, Keane, Sears

We now have:

Norwood, Jackson, Sears (he's out until Xmas).

I think we need two personally, one of which can also play wide.

I may be completely wrong, but isn't Lancaster a wide/forward man?

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

I've conceded we won't be getting any more defenders on 15:10 - Jul 7 with 2136 viewstextbackup

I've conceded we won't be getting any more defenders on 14:37 - Jul 7 by Mach_foreignBlue

We could have had three but we sold Harrison. We can't even use meagre 450k from the Harrison transfer as 'THERE WILL BE NO MONEY TO SPEND' as Lambert says. And some people still lick Evans' arse.

Now we have to find some freebie. It is stupendous.

maybe, and again I could be wrong, but maybe PL is saying we have no money so clubs don't up asking prices for players

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

I've conceded we won't be getting any more defenders on 15:11 - Jul 7 with 2136 viewsjas0999

Our defence is very weak and lacks depth. An injury or suspension and we would be in trouble.

For me, we need a left back (Nydam is a holding midfielder - need round pegs in round holes) and at least one CB at an absolute minimum.
I've conceded we won't be getting any more defenders on 15:14 - Jul 7 with 2126 viewsBlueBadger

I've conceded we won't be getting any more defenders on 15:11 - Jul 7 by jas0999

Our defence is very weak and lacks depth. An injury or suspension and we would be in trouble.

For me, we need a left back (Nydam is a holding midfielder - need round pegs in round holes) and at least one CB at an absolute minimum.

Plus some physicality in midfield. We've got a lot of technical ability there, but no-one, bar maybe Downes, willing to get stuck in. Which we'll need in the third division.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

I've conceded we won't be getting any more defenders on 15:15 - Jul 7 with 2118 viewsBLUEBEAT

I've conceded we won't be getting any more defenders on 15:03 - Jul 7 by BlueBadger

'Good progress' is not really what I want to see from an allegedly experienced defender...
[Post edited 7 Jul 2019 15:18]

Experienced in what league, though.

Thank you.

He’s sufficient.

Poll: W or W

I've conceded we won't be getting any more defenders on 15:19 - Jul 7 with 2103 viewstractorboy1978

I've conceded we won't be getting any more defenders on 14:44 - Jul 7 by Mach_foreignBlue

The quality mostly cost though.

And we need a quality. Not just 'bodies'.

Keane and Eaves are two without clubs that would fit the bill here.
Login to get fewer ads

I've conceded we won't be getting any more defenders on 15:19 - Jul 7 with 2105 viewsFixed_It

I've conceded we won't be getting any more defenders on 15:11 - Jul 7 by jas0999

He is as much a left back as he is a holding midfielder in my opinion. Too easy to pigeon hole players at that age.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

I've conceded we won't be getting any more defenders on 15:20 - Jul 7 with 2099 viewstractorboy1978

I've conceded we won't be getting any more defenders on 15:19 - Jul 7 by Fixed_It

He is as much a left back as he is a holding midfielder in my opinion. Too easy to pigeon hole players at that age.

He hasn't got a hope in hell of a game in midfield either.
I've conceded we won't be getting any more defenders on 15:34 - Jul 7 with 2073 viewsMrTown

I've conceded we won't be getting any more defenders on 15:19 - Jul 7 by tractorboy1978

If Bartosz doesn’t leave we won’t sign another player.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

I've conceded we won't be getting any more defenders on 15:35 - Jul 7 with 2068 viewstractorboy1978

I've conceded we won't be getting any more defenders on 15:34 - Jul 7 by MrTown

If we were that desperate for money we would have re-negotiated with Millwall.
I've conceded we won't be getting any more defenders on 15:36 - Jul 7 with 2067 viewsMach_foreignBlue

I've conceded we won't be getting any more defenders on 15:19 - Jul 7 by tractorboy1978

Keane is a glass boy so no thanks.
I've conceded we won't be getting any more defenders on 16:07 - Jul 7 with 2036 viewsJ2BLUE

I've conceded we won't be getting any more defenders on 15:34 - Jul 7 by MrTown

We knew nothing was happening with Bart when Mayor was here.

We must be getting a striker. Chances are it probably will be Keane. If he can stay fit that is fine by me.

Truly impaired.

I've conceded we won't be getting any more defenders on 18:01 - Jul 7 with 1986 viewsBlueBadger

I've conceded we won't be getting any more defenders on 14:41 - Jul 7 by tractorboy1978

No problem with frees if they are of the right quality. We need a couple of bodies though.

I do get the impression though that there is a section of our fanbase that would rather see us spunk a transfer fee on a player, any player just so they can see we're spending money rather than actually get in decent players on fees.

I've conceded we won't be getting any more defenders on 19:26 - Jul 7 with 1962 viewsfactual_blue

I've conceded we won't be getting any more defenders on 15:14 - Jul 7 by BlueBadger

Plus some physicality in midfield. We've got a lot of technical ability there, but no-one, bar maybe Downes, willing to get stuck in. Which we'll need in the third division.

Cometh the hour, cometh the man. This guy could still do a job for us

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

I've conceded we won't be getting any more defenders on 19:29 - Jul 7 with 1962 viewsVaughan8

You've conceded? How have you come to this? there is a lot of time before the transfer deadline is over. Let's not be dramatic.

We might have to get people out before we can sign anyone or other teams need to get players in before we can sign/loan them.

Let's just wait and see rather than conceding on 7th July
I've conceded we won't be getting any more defenders on 19:34 - Jul 7 with 1956 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

I've conceded we won't be getting any more defenders on 16:07 - Jul 7 by J2BLUE

We knew nothing was happening with Bart when Mayor was here.

We must be getting a striker. Chances are it probably will be Keane. If he can stay fit that is fine by me.

We don’t really know what happened there - we may have still been trying to negotiate with Millwall at that point, or speaking with him in the hope that Bart didn’t have another suitor for a example. Quite probable that we didn’t offer him a deal in the end given where he ended up

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

I've conceded we won't be getting any more defenders on 21:33 - Jul 7 with 1912 viewsJ2BLUE

I've conceded we won't be getting any more defenders on 19:34 - Jul 7 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

We don’t really know what happened there - we may have still been trying to negotiate with Millwall at that point, or speaking with him in the hope that Bart didn’t have another suitor for a example. Quite probable that we didn’t offer him a deal in the end given where he ended up

Lambert's comments were quite odd if we didn't offer him a deal

Truly impaired.

I've conceded we won't be getting any more defenders on 21:35 - Jul 7 with 1909 viewsJ2BLUE

I've conceded we won't be getting any more defenders on 19:29 - Jul 7 by Vaughan8

You've conceded? How have you come to this? there is a lot of time before the transfer deadline is over. Let's not be dramatic.

We might have to get people out before we can sign anyone or other teams need to get players in before we can sign/loan them.

Let's just wait and see rather than conceding on 7th July

Poor choice of words maybe. I just meant I have come to agree with those saying we won't sign more defenders. I'm not 'flouncing', simply saying that based on what we've seen and comments coming out of the club I would be surprised with any defensive additions.

Truly impaired.

I've conceded we won't be getting any more defenders on 21:48 - Jul 7 with 1898 viewsblueislander

I've conceded we won't be getting any more defenders on 21:35 - Jul 7 by J2BLUE

Poor choice of words maybe. I just meant I have come to agree with those saying we won't sign more defenders. I'm not 'flouncing', simply saying that based on what we've seen and comments coming out of the club I would be surprised with any defensive additions.

Blimey! It has only taken you about 10 hours to admit that since I questioned your use of that expression.
I've conceded we won't be getting any more defenders on 21:52 - Jul 7 with 1889 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

I've conceded we won't be getting any more defenders on 21:33 - Jul 7 by J2BLUE

Lambert's comments were quite odd if we didn't offer him a deal

Think I must have missed those comments - what did he say?

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

I've conceded we won't be getting any more defenders on 21:56 - Jul 7 with 1885 viewsJ2BLUE

I've conceded we won't be getting any more defenders on 21:48 - Jul 7 by blueislander

Blimey! It has only taken you about 10 hours to admit that since I questioned your use of that expression.

I replied with what I was basing my opinion on. I remember the days you could have an opinion on here without being called dramatic or told you were flouncing.

For the sake of your pedantry though, yes it was a poor choice of word. You may backdate this apology by as many hours as you wish x

Truly impaired.

I've conceded we won't be getting any more defenders on 21:58 - Jul 7 with 1883 viewsblueislander

I've conceded we won't be getting any more defenders on 21:56 - Jul 7 by J2BLUE

I replied with what I was basing my opinion on. I remember the days you could have an opinion on here without being called dramatic or told you were flouncing.

For the sake of your pedantry though, yes it was a poor choice of word. You may backdate this apology by as many hours as you wish x

Cheers. Sleep tight.x
I've conceded we won't be getting any more defenders on 21:59 - Jul 7 with 1880 viewsJ2BLUE

I've conceded we won't be getting any more defenders on 21:52 - Jul 7 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Think I must have missed those comments - what did he say?

Something along the lines of he wasn't bothered, if he didn't want to come he was ok with it as he only wanted players who want to be here.

Truly impaired.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024