Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I have no real interest in Glastonbury- 09:32 - Jun 29 with 10508 viewssparks

but it kept me up last night with the noise... So I watched bits.

Dont get "Stormzy" at all. Modern rap music is so uninspired. The rhythms in the lyrics are monotonous and repetitive- and it seemed very hard to make out any of the lyrics.

Just noticed, however, that Wu Tang are playing today. Blimey. Maybe I should have gone.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

I have no real interest in Glastonbury- on 17:23 - Jun 29 with 1507 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

I have no real interest in Glastonbury- on 16:52 - Jun 29 by ITFC_Forever

I’m a bit late then.

In all seriousness, the Levs website was streaming the footage of their 1994 headline set for 24 hours yesterday. That’s when Glastonbury was proper.
[Post edited 29 Jun 2019 18:17]

94 I think.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

I have no real interest in Glastonbury- on 17:56 - Jun 29 with 1478 viewsGirthyguy

I have no real interest in Glastonbury- on 12:34 - Jun 29 by J2BLUE

He put on a good show but the music isn't for me.

Obviously it's his set and he can do what he likes, no one made me watch, but the god stuff makes me uncomfortable. "Give god all the glory" and then singing the song about the grace of god. i find it very odd from someone so connected to Grenfell.

Each to their own though.

It's just pure sh1te mate don't hold back.
I have no real interest in Glastonbury- on 18:16 - Jun 29 with 1458 viewsITFC_Forever

I have no real interest in Glastonbury- on 17:23 - Jun 29 by BanksterDebtSlave

94 I think.

It was ‘94, sausage fingers here put 84.... will edit.

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

I have no real interest in Glastonbury- on 18:47 - Jun 29 with 1444 viewsJohnny_Boy

I have no real interest in Glastonbury- on 16:22 - Jun 29 by BanksterDebtSlave

They run a 2day annual festival called Beautiful Days.

They always play the closing night.
I have no real interest in Glastonbury- on 19:03 - Jun 29 with 1432 viewsballycastle

I have no real interest in Glastonbury- on 17:56 - Jun 29 by Girthyguy

It's just pure sh1te mate don't hold back.

Just been looking at some of his lyrics, flipin eck, Cliff Richard for the whoop whoop generation.
I have no real interest in Glastonbury- on 19:08 - Jun 29 with 1419 viewsITFC_Forever

I have no real interest in Glastonbury- on 18:47 - Jun 29 by Johnny_Boy

They run a 2day annual festival called Beautiful Days.

They always play the closing night.

Yep, keep meaning to go, but have never managed it yet.

Seen them 4 times in the last 4 years.

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

I have no real interest in Glastonbury- on 19:10 - Jun 29 with 1416 viewsgreyhound

I have no real interest in Glastonbury- on 10:30 - Jun 29 by sparks

I am conscious that I may be guilty of just getting old and liking what I grew up with.

However- it really does seem to be a thing that the rhythmic nuance which I still love in good rap music, is largely gone. Mr Stormzy, from what I saw, delivered lyrics with attitude and a nice timbre- but it was dadadadadaa dada da da daaa. Repeat ad nauseum.

Compared to Wu Tang (for instance) the difference is enormous.

You have entirely missed the point. Rap is full of sub genres. To put stormzy in the same category as wu tang is frankly a bit daft.

Listening to a lot of the brittish artists coming up, as has already been said, the beat acts as a backdrop to a very raw often politically driven poetry. See Dave, avelino, ghetts, devlin which will better display this than just the most mainstream British grime artist
I have no real interest in Glastonbury- on 19:41 - Jun 29 with 1379 viewsmos

I have no real interest in Glastonbury- on 15:06 - Jun 29 by sparks

I think you are making some rather crass assumptions about people who know vastly more than you about the origins, history and substance of the music over a considerable time period...

Bonus points to the first person to identify the silver bullet sample "20 seconds to comply".
[Post edited 29 Jun 2019 15:07]

Proves my post really.

“Our slick new attacking side is being outpassed and outmaneuvered by Ipswich” - West Ham Forum
Poll: How do you think we will finish next season?

Login to get fewer ads

I have no real interest in Glastonbury- on 19:57 - Jun 29 with 1361 viewsbrogansnose

I have no real interest in Glastonbury- on 13:12 - Jun 29 by BanksterDebtSlave

I like this. Don't know if it was one of many that got a shout out last night...

Yeah, he did.

Performed this afternoon and did a bit of a messed up set which seemed to be drugfkd. In a small venue he could probably have got away with it but in the daylight with a big crowd............nah. Albums alright though.
I have no real interest in Glastonbury- on 20:24 - Jun 29 with 1336 viewsJohnny_Boy

I have no real interest in Glastonbury- on 19:08 - Jun 29 by ITFC_Forever

Yep, keep meaning to go, but have never managed it yet.

Seen them 4 times in the last 4 years.

A good friend of mine customises all their onstage jackets & always has a clothes stall @ Beautiful Days. The other supporting acts over the years have ranged from PIL, The Damned, Lee Scratch Perry & loads more.
I have no real interest in Glastonbury- on 01:18 - Jun 30 with 1259 viewssparks

I have no real interest in Glastonbury- on 19:41 - Jun 29 by mos

Proves my post really.

In what way? Be specific and concise. ..

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)

I have no real interest in Glastonbury- on 09:04 - Jun 30 with 1200 viewsflimflam

I have no real interest in Glastonbury- on 16:52 - Jun 29 by ITFC_Forever

I’m a bit late then.

In all seriousness, the Levs website was streaming the footage of their 1994 headline set for 24 hours yesterday. That’s when Glastonbury was proper.
[Post edited 29 Jun 2019 18:17]

Was there and was immense. In fact the entire line up that weekend was outstanding.
No ticket and over the fence like10s of thousands of others.

All men and women are created, by the, you know the, you know the thing.

I have no real interest in Glastonbury- on 14:30 - Jun 30 with 1151 viewsmos

I have no real interest in Glastonbury- on 01:18 - Jun 30 by sparks

In what way? Be specific and concise. ..

You’re referring to how age somehow gives you right to disregard a sub genre of rap, or ‘modern rap’.

Age has nothing to do with it. Talent/skill can be appreciated by anyone, not just those that have been about for longer.

“Our slick new attacking side is being outpassed and outmaneuvered by Ipswich” - West Ham Forum
Poll: How do you think we will finish next season?

I have no real interest in Glastonbury- on 15:15 - Jun 30 with 1128 viewssparks

I have no real interest in Glastonbury- on 14:30 - Jun 30 by mos

You’re referring to how age somehow gives you right to disregard a sub genre of rap, or ‘modern rap’.

Age has nothing to do with it. Talent/skill can be appreciated by anyone, not just those that have been about for longer.

Nope- you raised the issue of age, and then assumed that I lack any kmnowledge of the genre on the basis tof my age, without any understanding of the knowledge that I may actually have...

Given that I suspect your own knowledge of the music which I am comparing to what I hear now from the likes of Stormzy is minimal (by all means show me otherwise) you are not well equipped to discuss the comparison.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024