Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
PL not anticipating additions before Germany trip 12:39 - Jun 26 with 10205 viewsbontcho

That's a surprise to me. Suggests the plan was to sell Bart to get a few in? Or is PL pulling the wool over our eyes?

(Sorry if this was discussed yesterday, I missed that little quote in Phil's article yesterday.)

Bulgarian penalty hero
Poll: Which Harrison should we sign?

PL not anticipating additions before Germany trip on 19:02 - Jun 26 with 1940 viewsSuperblue95

PL not anticipating additions before Germany trip on 14:58 - Jun 26 by Illinoisblue

sadly, I think your last line is the biggest problem of all. There's a culture of losing running through the club for the last 18 months. Hard to shake that off. Why a good start is vital.

*18 years

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

PL not anticipating additions before Germany trip on 08:52 - Jun 27 with 1827 viewstextbackup

PL not anticipating additions before Germany trip on 19:00 - Jun 26 by BlueBadger

Ah, the Sven strategy of 'make the least-worst player skipper'.

no.... more a case of make the man in the middle of the pitch that will see the ball more than most and can influence the game captain.... much like Jim

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

PL not anticipating additions before Germany trip on 09:33 - Jun 27 with 1810 viewscatch74

Surely a proven goal scorer was the most important signing, done.
Last year, think Roberts was our first signing on July 1st, Edwards wasn’t until mid July and Nolan and Nsiala, who were following Hurst not until August-transfers don’t happen overnight.
Reckon we’ll get 1 or 2 more permanent (these have got to be the right people, so please let’s take the time to get the right people) and a couple of loans. Surely we really don’t want last seasons huge influx and panic buying/loaning, build slightly on a smaller core squad.
The loans won’t happen until later on but we’ve shown as a club we’ll trust young players and give them game time.
It doesn’t feel brilliant but I do think we’re doing exactly what Lambert said, fingers crossed for a good start.

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

PL not anticipating additions before Germany trip on 09:48 - Jun 27 with 1800 viewsMach_foreignBlue

PL not anticipating additions before Germany trip on 18:34 - Jun 26 by BlueBadger

Trouble is...who? The only other obvious candidate is Skuse. Most of the rest spent large chunks of last season either hiding, being rubbish or both.

Skuse an 'obvious candidate'? That sums up Ipswich Town nowadays.

Why him? Just because he tells nice things in the interviews that people want to hear?
PL not anticipating additions before Germany trip on 09:51 - Jun 27 with 1794 viewsHerbivore

PL not anticipating additions before Germany trip on 09:48 - Jun 27 by Mach_foreignBlue

Skuse an 'obvious candidate'? That sums up Ipswich Town nowadays.

Why him? Just because he tells nice things in the interviews that people want to hear?

Because he's one of the few players we have with any leadership ability. Not really anything to do with interviews.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

PL not anticipating additions before Germany trip on 09:53 - Jun 27 with 1787 viewsMach_foreignBlue

PL not anticipating additions before Germany trip on 09:51 - Jun 27 by Herbivore

Because he's one of the few players we have with any leadership ability. Not really anything to do with interviews.

Skuse and leadership ability......give me the strength.
PL not anticipating additions before Germany trip on 09:55 - Jun 27 with 1781 viewstextbackup

PL not anticipating additions before Germany trip on 09:53 - Jun 27 by Mach_foreignBlue

Skuse and leadership ability......give me the strength.

I want to see someone as captain that demands the ball, and demands high standards. skuse isn't that man

PL not anticipating additions before Germany trip on 09:58 - Jun 27 with 1775 viewsHerbivore

PL not anticipating additions before Germany trip on 09:55 - Jun 27 by textbackup

I want to see someone as captain that demands the ball, and demands high standards. skuse isn't that man

I bet you loved Magic as captain.

Login to get fewer ads

PL not anticipating additions before Germany trip on 09:59 - Jun 27 with 1774 viewsMach_foreignBlue

PL not anticipating additions before Germany trip on 09:55 - Jun 27 by textbackup

Bang on.
PL not anticipating additions before Germany trip on 10:01 - Jun 27 with 1770 viewsKieran_Knows

PL not anticipating additions before Germany trip on 09:58 - Jun 27 by Herbivore

He's got the crusty sock to prove it!

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

PL not anticipating additions before Germany trip on 10:21 - Jun 27 with 1762 viewstextbackup

PL not anticipating additions before Germany trip on 09:58 - Jun 27 by Herbivore

Didn’t everyone?

Passion personified

PL not anticipating additions before Germany trip on 10:44 - Jun 27 with 1748 viewsHerbivore

PL not anticipating additions before Germany trip on 10:21 - Jun 27 by textbackup

Didn’t everyone?

Passion personified

No, I thought he was a bit of a bell to be honest. Regularly saw him bawling out youngsters when he'd overhit a Hollywood pass for the fifth time. I wasn't a fan of that style of 'leadership'.

PL not anticipating additions before Germany trip on 10:50 - Jun 27 with 1740 viewstextbackup

PL not anticipating additions before Germany trip on 10:44 - Jun 27 by Herbivore

No, I thought he was a bit of a bell to be honest. Regularly saw him bawling out youngsters when he'd overhit a Hollywood pass for the fifth time. I wasn't a fan of that style of 'leadership'.

Doesn’t surprise me in the slightest

PL not anticipating additions before Germany trip on 10:53 - Jun 27 with 1734 viewsHerbivore

PL not anticipating additions before Germany trip on 10:50 - Jun 27 by textbackup

Doesn’t surprise me in the slightest

We all see things differently. I saw an angry egotist whose legs had gone, you saw an inspirational leader.

PL not anticipating additions before Germany trip on 11:00 - Jun 27 with 1723 viewstextbackup

PL not anticipating additions before Germany trip on 10:53 - Jun 27 by Herbivore

We all see things differently. I saw an angry egotist whose legs had gone, you saw an inspirational leader.

Not sure those are the words I used

PL not anticipating additions before Germany trip on 11:15 - Jun 27 with 1706 viewsfranz_tyson

Totally agree. Skuse may be an experienced, reliable player, but he’s no leader. I’d give the team captaincy to Judge. Chambers has got to focus on his playing. He’s got to justify his team selection as a CB. No offence to Chambers/Skuse, but it’s time other players stood up and took responsibility and having Chambers ‘down-graded’ to the ranks might allow others to grow a bit in the same way an over-bearing parent needs to back off.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024