Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Boris Johnson 19:13 - Jun 12 with 8554 viewsMoulton

Why all this debate, Boris is the next Tory leader.
Like everything else you love him or hate him but have to accept the result, which is so very, very hard for many on this forum to accept..
Just remember you influence no one with your bias views, you have one vote and the silent majority will decide.

Boris Johnson on 19:51 - Jun 12 with 1688 viewsMoulton

Boris Johnson on 19:49 - Jun 12 by DanTheMan

There's no way in hell this isn't an old banned user.

who have I offende sow drop
Boris Johnson on 19:53 - Jun 12 with 1677 viewsSpruceMoose

Boris Johnson on 19:51 - Jun 12 by Moulton

who have I offende sow drop

How many pints have you had so far tonight Grimmy?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Boris Johnson on 20:00 - Jun 12 with 1665 viewsGlasgowBlue

Boris Johnson on 19:49 - Jun 12 by DanTheMan

There's no way in hell this isn't an old banned user.

I think Moulton has been about for a few years now but is an infrequent poster.

Looks like he's had a rather long liquid lunch today.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Boris Johnson on 20:01 - Jun 12 with 1653 viewsSpruceMoose

Boris Johnson on 20:00 - Jun 12 by GlasgowBlue

I'm sure some alts go way back. Got to have that backup plan for when you're inevitably banned for stalking and abusing your fellow posters.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Boris Johnson on 20:02 - Jun 12 with 1656 viewsMoulton

Boris Johnson on 19:50 - Jun 12 by SpruceMoose

Was it the Primary School level command of English that gave it away?

OMG some Yank teaching us English
Boris Johnson on 20:02 - Jun 12 with 1648 viewsSpruceMoose

Boris Johnson on 20:02 - Jun 12 by Moulton

OMG some Yank teaching us English

Is there an echo in here?

Boris Johnson on 20:05 - Jun 12 with 1646 viewsGlasgowBlue

Boris Johnson on 20:01 - Jun 12 by SpruceMoose

I'm sure some alts go way back. Got to have that backup plan for when you're inevitably banned for stalking and abusing your fellow posters.

A good way to spot an alt that has been put in storage as a back up plan is to see if they have been members for a long time, never posted but log match predictions.

A couple of posters who have been outed as such did exactly that.

Iron Lion Zion

Boris Johnson on 20:05 - Jun 12 with 1641 viewsSpruceMoose

Boris Johnson on 20:05 - Jun 12 by GlasgowBlue

A good way to spot an alt that has been put in storage as a back up plan is to see if they have been members for a long time, never posted but log match predictions.

A couple of posters who have been outed as such did exactly that.

I predict an enforced retirement for this particular silly sausage.

Login to get fewer ads

Boris Johnson on 20:05 - Jun 12 with 1645 viewsJ2BLUE

I agree people need to accept it but the majority will not decide. Tory members will decide.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Boris Johnson on 20:06 - Jun 12 with 1640 viewsGuthrum

What is it about Johnson which makes some people so keen for him to be Prime Minister?

He's not the strongest or hardest Brexiteer on the slate. His record as a government minister is patchy at best. He is not renowned for his staying power. He's not even a particularly accomplished public speaker or parliamentary performer (compared with, say, Gove).

What is it that stands out, for you, about him?

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Boris Johnson on 20:08 - Jun 12 with 1632 viewswkj

Boris Johnson on 20:06 - Jun 12 by Guthrum

What is it about Johnson which makes some people so keen for him to be Prime Minister?

He's not the strongest or hardest Brexiteer on the slate. His record as a government minister is patchy at best. He is not renowned for his staying power. He's not even a particularly accomplished public speaker or parliamentary performer (compared with, say, Gove).

I suspect that in this situation the aim is divisiveness rather than anything else.

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Boris Johnson on 20:09 - Jun 12 with 1625 viewsSpruceMoose

Boris Johnson on 20:08 - Jun 12 by wkj

I suspect that in this situation the aim is divisiveness rather than anything else.

Agents of chaos, disguised as patriots. They just want whatever will upset the libs most.

Boris Johnson on 20:17 - Jun 12 with 1615 viewsLeoMuff

It’s bizarre, a man who can barely be trusted by his own advisors to speak on the campaign trail is running for pm, a man who even colleagues say was frequently embarrassingly under prepared for cabinet meetings.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

Boris Johnson on 20:26 - Jun 12 with 1597 viewsMoulton

Boris Johnson on 20:00 - Jun 12 by GlasgowBlue

Thanks Glassers, but some of these drips need to go back to the real world.
Boris Johnson on 20:28 - Jun 12 with 1588 viewsMoulton

Boris Johnson on 20:01 - Jun 12 by SpruceMoose

You are so sure of yourself, thankfully no one else is.
Boris Johnson on 20:29 - Jun 12 with 1574 viewsSpruceMoose

Boris Johnson on 20:26 - Jun 12 by Moulton

Thanks Glassers, but some of these drips need to go back to the real world.

Tell us about your real world? What do you do for a living? What are your hobbies? What do you stand for? Tell us about your worldview?

I can't wait to hear about this real world, because so far the impression of it you're giving me is that it involves 15 cans of Skol alone in a bedsit above a fried chicken shop and ranting on the internet.

Boris Johnson on 20:37 - Jun 12 with 1556 viewsGlasgowBlue

He has the x factor. Certainly not my cup of tea and his tenure as FS was a disaster but it was a fantastic achievement to not only win Labour London, but to hold it for 8 years.

He was seen as the conservative who could reach parts that other conservatives couldn't. And he probably swung the referendum result in leave's favour when he joined the campaign.

Think back to the Olympics and crowds were cheering "Boris, Boris". George Osborne was booed when he attended. He even managed to get good PR out of being stuck on a zip wire.

His stock has definitely fallen with young voters since his Brexit stance but he is still seen by a good number of tories as a winner.

Iron Lion Zion

Boris Johnson on 20:38 - Jun 12 with 1547 viewsfooters

Boris Johnson on 20:29 - Jun 12 by SpruceMoose

Tell us about your real world? What do you do for a living? What are your hobbies? What do you stand for? Tell us about your worldview?

I can't wait to hear about this real world, because so far the impression of it you're giving me is that it involves 15 cans of Skol alone in a bedsit above a fried chicken shop and ranting on the internet.

I'd love to live above a chicken shop.

Dear old footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Liberator of Vichy TWTD
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Boris Johnson on 20:39 - Jun 12 with 1545 viewsSpruceMoose

Boris Johnson on 20:37 - Jun 12 by GlasgowBlue

He has the x factor. Certainly not my cup of tea and his tenure as FS was a disaster but it was a fantastic achievement to not only win Labour London, but to hold it for 8 years.

He was seen as the conservative who could reach parts that other conservatives couldn't. And he probably swung the referendum result in leave's favour when he joined the campaign.

Think back to the Olympics and crowds were cheering "Boris, Boris". George Osborne was booed when he attended. He even managed to get good PR out of being stuck on a zip wire.

His stock has definitely fallen with young voters since his Brexit stance but he is still seen by a good number of tories as a winner.

He's a clown though. I always assumed that was always his appeal. "Good old Boris, playing the fool!" that kind of thing.

That it was genuine affection I find shocking. I suppose I don't know the people of the UK like I thought I did!

Boris Johnson on 20:40 - Jun 12 with 1550 viewsMoulton

Nothing remains the same, unfortunately change is needed in thought and actions.
Too many on here are so comfortable they are brain dead
Boris Johnson on 20:42 - Jun 12 with 1527 viewsSpruceMoose

Boris Johnson on 20:40 - Jun 12 by Moulton

Nothing remains the same, unfortunately change is needed in thought and actions.
Too many on here are so comfortable they are brain dead

What change are you referring to? Changing our incompetent but non-racist PM for an incompetent but racist one?
[Post edited 12 Jun 2019 20:43]

Boris Johnson on 20:43 - Jun 12 with 1525 viewsMoulton

Boris Johnson on 20:39 - Jun 12 by SpruceMoose

He's a clown though. I always assumed that was always his appeal. "Good old Boris, playing the fool!" that kind of thing.

That it was genuine affection I find shocking. I suppose I don't know the people of the UK like I thought I did!

Bring in the clowns, there will always be clowns
Boris Johnson on 20:50 - Jun 12 with 1498 viewsWeWereZombies

Boris Johnson on 20:43 - Jun 12 by Moulton

Bring in the clowns, there will always be clowns

Listen spucey, Moulten is serenading you. You are seen as a pair, Moulton at last on the ground and you in mid-air

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

Boris Johnson on 20:50 - Jun 12 with 1497 viewsGlasgowBlue

Boris Johnson on 20:39 - Jun 12 by SpruceMoose

I think there was a bit of "I Claudius" about him. He played up to it.

You wouldn't expect a majority of Londoners to elect him twice to run their city if they really thought he was a clown.

Iron Lion Zion

Boris Johnson on 20:55 - Jun 12 with 1486 viewsSpruceMoose

Boris Johnson on 20:50 - Jun 12 by GlasgowBlue

I think there was a bit of "I Claudius" about him. He played up to it.

You wouldn't expect a majority of Londoners to elect him twice to run their city if they really thought he was a clown.

People vote for some funny old things! Can't blame them for wanting rid of old Ken either.
[Post edited 12 Jun 2019 20:56]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024