Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Portsmouth have played 62 games this season 20:11 - May 16 with 1864 viewsMelford

Sunderland 60. If we have a successful season next year that's a lot more games than we're used to, normally it's the standard 46 and 2 maybe 3 cup matches. With the Checkatrade we're going to be playing Tuesday/Saturday every week.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

Portsmouth have played 62 games this season on 20:16 - May 16 with 1830 viewsJ2BLUE

One of the good things about league one. More games.

I'm sure we'll be fine.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Portsmouth have played 62 games this season on 20:17 - May 16 with 1824 viewsGeoffSentence

It will be a minimum of 52 games won't it?

46 League
4 Checkatrade
1 FA Cup
1 League Cup

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Portsmouth have played 62 games this season on 20:18 - May 16 with 1814 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

It's not a concern at all. It deals with itself.

If we end up playing 60+ games, then by default the number of games hasn't been a problem.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Portsmouth have played 62 games this season on 20:20 - May 16 with 1796 viewsGeoffSentence

Portsmouth have played 62 games this season on 20:18 - May 16 by Marshalls_Mullet

It's not a concern at all. It deals with itself.

If we end up playing 60+ games, then by default the number of games hasn't been a problem.

Well it means we have done well in the cups, it doesn't follow that it means we will have done well in the league which is the most important thing.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Portsmouth have played 62 games this season on 20:20 - May 16 with 1790 viewsSonOfSpock

Ideal for blooding youngsters in Cup games.
Portsmouth have played 62 games this season on 20:21 - May 16 with 1793 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Portsmouth have played 62 games this season on 20:20 - May 16 by GeoffSentence

Well it means we have done well in the cups, it doesn't follow that it means we will have done well in the league which is the most important thing.

Seems to have worked out fine for Pompey and Sunderland...

The OP's post also takes into account the additional 2 play off matches.
[Post edited 16 May 2019 20:22]

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Portsmouth have played 62 games this season on 20:32 - May 16 with 1746 viewsTheBoyBlue

Portsmouth have played 62 games this season on 20:21 - May 16 by Marshalls_Mullet

Seems to have worked out fine for Pompey and Sunderland...

The OP's post also takes into account the additional 2 play off matches.
[Post edited 16 May 2019 20:22]

Except it hasn't. Without the extra games, arguably these teams would've got automatic. I'm nervous about how everyone is embracing the Checkatrade, saying how great it'll be if we get to Wembley and win it. Except all it is likely to do is hamper what promotion chances we have and no one will give a flying fig in a few years if we won it or not. I couldn't tell any of the winners. Ever, apart from this season. But give me a choice between playing at Wembley in front 80,000 fans or getting back up automatically, I definitely know which I choose. Use it to blood the youngsters coming through.

Blog: [Blog] The Homer Simpson of the Championship

Portsmouth have played 62 games this season on 20:43 - May 16 with 1695 viewsPinewoodblue

Portsmouth have played 62 games this season on 20:17 - May 16 by GeoffSentence

46 League
4 Checkatrade
1 FA Cup
1 League Cup

Minimum number of Checkatrade games is 3 but with two teams out of four going into the next round we really ought to play more than that..

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Login to get fewer ads

Portsmouth have played 62 games this season on 20:58 - May 16 with 1653 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Portsmouth have played 62 games this season on 20:32 - May 16 by TheBoyBlue

Except it hasn't. Without the extra games, arguably these teams would've got automatic. I'm nervous about how everyone is embracing the Checkatrade, saying how great it'll be if we get to Wembley and win it. Except all it is likely to do is hamper what promotion chances we have and no one will give a flying fig in a few years if we won it or not. I couldn't tell any of the winners. Ever, apart from this season. But give me a choice between playing at Wembley in front 80,000 fans or getting back up automatically, I definitely know which I choose. Use it to blood the youngsters coming through.

Worry about Wembley and how it affects our promotion chances IF we get to that point.

Portsmouth have played 62 games this season on 21:10 - May 16 with 1599 viewsTheBoyBlue

Portsmouth have played 62 games this season on 20:58 - May 16 by Marshalls_Mullet

Worry about Wembley and how it affects our promotion chances IF we get to that point.

Just really want us to ignore the Checkatrade completely. Fulfil our fixtures, sticker u23s in, if we do well more power to them, great experience. But we really need all focus on the league and getting out of it at the soonest possible opportunity.

Portsmouth have played 62 games this season on 21:12 - May 16 with 1590 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Portsmouth have played 62 games this season on 21:10 - May 16 by TheBoyBlue

Just really want us to ignore the Checkatrade completely. Fulfil our fixtures, sticker u23s in, if we do well more power to them, great experience. But we really need all focus on the league and getting out of it at the soonest possible opportunity.

Agree to differ.

Being sh1te in cups hasn't benefitted us much in the past decade.

Portsmouth have played 62 games this season on 21:21 - May 16 with 1548 viewsTheBoyBlue

Portsmouth have played 62 games this season on 21:12 - May 16 by Marshalls_Mullet

Agree to differ.

I don't think we've been rubbish in the league because we've been rubbish in the cups. We've been rubbish in the cups because we've just been rubbish full-stop.

Portsmouth have played 62 games this season on 21:24 - May 16 with 1533 viewsMelford

Portsmouth have played 62 games this season on 21:12 - May 16 by Marshalls_Mullet

Agree to differ.

This apathetic attitude to cup competitions is where the rot set in. Why a mid-table championship team is spunking off cups to concentrate on grinding it out in the league is beyond me. I want us to have a good go at every cup we go into. I was never a Mick outer but his attitude to cup competitions infuriated me, it was pretty much go out as quickly as possible.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

Portsmouth have played 62 games this season on 21:28 - May 16 with 1514 viewsTheBoyBlue

Portsmouth have played 62 games this season on 21:24 - May 16 by Melford

This apathetic attitude to cup competitions is where the rot set in. Why a mid-table championship team is spunking off cups to concentrate on grinding it out in the league is beyond me. I want us to have a good go at every cup we go into. I was never a Mick outer but his attitude to cup competitions infuriated me, it was pretty much go out as quickly as possible.

Fair play if we are just bumbling about in midtable, it gives us excitement. But frankly I would rather that we put everything into getting out of L1 ASAP because otherwise we'll be there for years. And I certainly don't want to wreck our chances by putting any effort into a competition where we'll just be up against the PLs reserve teams.

Portsmouth have played 62 games this season on 21:37 - May 16 with 1475 viewsSuperblue95

Portsmouth have played 62 games this season on 20:17 - May 16 by GeoffSentence

46 League
4 Checkatrade
1 FA Cup
1 League Cup

52 games next season it is so

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Portsmouth have played 62 games this season on 21:42 - May 16 with 1460 viewsChocorange

Portsmouth have played 62 games this season on 21:37 - May 16 by Superblue95

52 games next season it is so

Predictions for number of Town fans at away Checkatrade cup ties?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024