Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Evans Out Campaign 15:22 - Apr 28 with 5994 viewspennblue

Has there been any serious attempt to build support for trying to get our owner out?

I am sorry, but I just don't see we have a strategy for League One that is going to result in anything other than a continual decline. Unless I am missing something?
[Post edited 28 Apr 2019 15:22]

Poll: How are we going to try and undermine the manager today?

"Your fault Evans" on 17:38 - Apr 28 with 2104 viewsPendejo

Evans Out Campaign on 15:30 - Apr 28 by LimitlessBlue

I think we could make some noise and question his way of doing things, I am sure he must sit there and think 'well, the fans must like what I am doing, the atmosphere is fantastic and lots of new season tickets being sold even though we are relagated' - i like the idea of a huge banner hung from the top tier of the norths stand.... "Your Fault Evans"

But hasn't he 'fessed up to that already?

Want Evans gone? Find £70m, or whatever sum it takes.

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Evans Out Campaign on 18:34 - Apr 28 with 2066 viewsBinner

Evans Out Campaign on 16:06 - Apr 28 by pennblue

I've got nothing against the bloke, I think everyone can see he has tried his best. The trouble is now, is he seems to have shut up shop and closed the cheque book. For me, football is all about money, and if you are not prepared to invest, then it's time to get out and let someone else do it.

He's "Closed the cheque book"? Really?

Is he no longer subsidising the club by a few million ££s per year?

Poll: Last game of the season. You need to win. Would you rather be...

Evans Out Campaign on 18:37 - Apr 28 with 2066 viewsJ2BLUE

That's odd, you did 5 days ago

The new strategy by pennblue 23 Apr 2019 21:34
Of bringing youth through may work in time, 2-3 seasons. If we are seen as a club that is good for youth progression to first team we will attract better quality talent to our academy.

That really is what we have to hope for

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Evans Out Campaign on 19:42 - Apr 28 with 2026 viewsKeaneish

Evans Out Campaign on 15:40 - Apr 28 by pennblue

Well he won't take a knock down price and sell the club if no-one is making a noise about. If he can keep the club and run it on a shoe string, it really is not an issue for him is it?

If however, there are protests, then it starts to look bad for the rest of his businesses, and therefore there is more incentive to sell at a lower price (preferably write off the majority of the debt).

Yeah I agree with this. What we'll never know is how much his annual 6 million 'loss' is and whether its actually a loss to the Marcus Evans business. ITFC and all its global advertising channels is probably a sound investment at 6 million a year to sell the ME brand.

As I learn more about business, it seems to me a very sensible and calculated assessment on his part. Problem he now has is that he's presided over this too much with such little effect at nurturing it into something more profitable that it's actually become detrimental give the loss in advertising exposure from TV and all other marketing associated with those rights.

Protesting would make his position untenable and force a sale in time. I'm more confident of that than I am our fan base mustering a united voice against Evans.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Evans Out Campaign on 19:51 - Apr 28 with 2016 viewsbraveblue

Evans Out Campaign on 15:32 - Apr 28 by Bluefish

You think he has no concept of of money that he has put in and the current value of the club? You think he judges it all by the singing instead? Really? Or are you just being very silly?

Just focus on demanding the cheapest tickets and the highest transfer budgets and then blaming Evans still.

Best just to accept all his horrendous mistakes then!!!!
Evans Out Campaign on 20:39 - Apr 28 with 1987 viewsFixed_It

Evans Out Campaign on 15:26 - Apr 28 by Mullet

How can you see something that hasn't happened yet?

There is no way we can get him out without money. No one wants to buy us, no one has the money lying around Evans would take to get shot of us.

As much as he's lead us here, some attempt to force him out only propels us towards a Charlton/Bolton/Blackpool type scenario. We really need Evans to cut his losses and accept whatever is offered, but why would or should he?

Some people are a bit thick.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Evans Out Campaign on 20:41 - Apr 28 with 1984 viewsWarhurst

Evans Out Campaign on 16:06 - Apr 28 by pennblue

I've got nothing against the bloke, I think everyone can see he has tried his best. The trouble is now, is he seems to have shut up shop and closed the cheque book. For me, football is all about money, and if you are not prepared to invest, then it's time to get out and let someone else do it.

Football is all about money? Really? At least you're being honest rather than beating around the bush, but I find this attitude is kinda despressing.

Honest question, how far would you be willing to go for new rich owners to splash the cash? Changing club strip, changing club name etc.
[Post edited 28 Apr 2019 20:42]
Evans Out Campaign on 20:46 - Apr 28 with 1974 viewsjeera

Evans Out Campaign on 15:46 - Apr 28 by patrickswell

Have you not been reading the rules? No criticism of Evans unless you either buy the club yourself or can provide comprehensive details and a full business plan for a successor.
And if you can’t, then don’t even think about falling back on the basics like chants/banners. Instead, sit down, shut up, eat your gruel and stop making a scene. He does an interview once a year, you know.

Actually it's that kind of response that's part of the problem.

The polar opposite must be true view.

I should think Evans would be gone for dust given half a chance.

Anyone thinking he doesn't realise the whole thing is shot to bits is either stupid or living under a dark rock somewhere.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Login to get fewer ads

Evans Out Campaign on 20:58 - Apr 28 with 1954 viewsbrogansnose

Evans Out Campaign on 19:42 - Apr 28 by Keaneish

Yeah I agree with this. What we'll never know is how much his annual 6 million 'loss' is and whether its actually a loss to the Marcus Evans business. ITFC and all its global advertising channels is probably a sound investment at 6 million a year to sell the ME brand.

As I learn more about business, it seems to me a very sensible and calculated assessment on his part. Problem he now has is that he's presided over this too much with such little effect at nurturing it into something more profitable that it's actually become detrimental give the loss in advertising exposure from TV and all other marketing associated with those rights.

Protesting would make his position untenable and force a sale in time. I'm more confident of that than I am our fan base mustering a united voice against Evans.

' ITFC and all its global advertising channels is probably a sound investment at 6 million a year to sell the ME brand. '

Do you really think that a failing third tier club that had its hay day decades ago is going to enhance the MEG global brand and sell more of his core business ?

The only thing that would make us more saleable would be promotion to the EPL or selling out the stadium every week. Anything less will attract shyster schmucks who will do us more harm than the hapless Evans. In fact if anyone came in now to buy us warning bells should be going off.
Evans Out Campaign on 21:05 - Apr 28 with 1951 viewseireblue

Evans Out Campaign on 19:42 - Apr 28 by Keaneish

Yes. Good point.

I wonder how many additional people will attend a conference to determine strategic applications for machine learning to minimize modelling uncertainties, optimize data management and increase profit, because although they don't support Ipswich they happened to catch a match, and then decided to attend.
Evans Out Campaign on 21:39 - Apr 28 with 1913 viewspatrickswell

Evans Out Campaign on 20:46 - Apr 28 by jeera

Actually it's that kind of response that's part of the problem.

The polar opposite must be true view.

I should think Evans would be gone for dust given half a chance.

Anyone thinking he doesn't realise the whole thing is shot to bits is either stupid or living under a dark rock somewhere.

If Evans realises this then he needs to be judged on his actions to try and correct it. Because his actions so far have been shamefully incompetent.
Evans Out Campaign on 21:55 - Apr 28 with 1909 viewsKeaneish

Evans Out Campaign on 20:58 - Apr 28 by brogansnose

' ITFC and all its global advertising channels is probably a sound investment at 6 million a year to sell the ME brand. '

Do you really think that a failing third tier club that had its hay day decades ago is going to enhance the MEG global brand and sell more of his core business ?

The only thing that would make us more saleable would be promotion to the EPL or selling out the stadium every week. Anything less will attract shyster schmucks who will do us more harm than the hapless Evans. In fact if anyone came in now to buy us warning bells should be going off.

We're talking about up to this point, not next season. And yes, being a Championship side with his name emblazoned across multiple media channels from Sky to Tabloid newspapers would absolutely make his company more distinguishable.

Evans Out Campaign on 21:58 - Apr 28 with 1907 viewsKeaneish

Evans Out Campaign on 21:05 - Apr 28 by eireblue

Yes. Good point.

I wonder how many additional people will attend a conference to determine strategic applications for machine learning to minimize modelling uncertainties, optimize data management and increase profit, because although they don't support Ipswich they happened to catch a match, and then decided to attend.

You've missed the basic point. People don't have to atttend to now know who Marcus Evans is on an even greater global scale.

Evans Out Campaign on 08:51 - Apr 29 with 1837 viewsBinner

Evans Out Campaign on 21:39 - Apr 28 by patrickswell

If Evans realises this then he needs to be judged on his actions to try and correct it. Because his actions so far have been shamefully incompetent.

Evans has appointed five managers. In each case you could argue the merits of his appointees and you may have preferred another choice but all of the five had obvious credentials for the job.
Once appointed, each has had a budget to work within and Evans has allowed them to recruit players and shape the team within the budget and without interference from 'above'.
He has pumped many millions of ££ into the club over the last decade.
Could you please point out where he has been "shamefully incompetent"?

Poll: Last game of the season. You need to win. Would you rather be...

Evans Out Campaign on 08:56 - Apr 29 with 1829 viewsPJH

Evans Out Campaign on 08:51 - Apr 29 by Binner

Evans has appointed five managers. In each case you could argue the merits of his appointees and you may have preferred another choice but all of the five had obvious credentials for the job.
Once appointed, each has had a budget to work within and Evans has allowed them to recruit players and shape the team within the budget and without interference from 'above'.
He has pumped many millions of ££ into the club over the last decade.
Could you please point out where he has been "shamefully incompetent"?

I agree that there was logic behind the appointment of each of Evans' five choices but in hindsight three of them failed and we are still waiting to find out which category Paul Lambert will end up in.

The appointments themselves were not the problem, it was what some of them did when they got here was the problem.
Evans Out Campaign on 09:14 - Apr 29 with 1820 viewsElephantintheRoom

There is a long-standing campaign of sorts. Those who do not like the club being run by a ticket tout have stopped going. Division 3 offers a real chance to make this campaign bite as the ticket tout needs the income from supporters to maintain his grip on the club with no saleable players on the immediate horizon. Alas a bit of glib PR and people are queuing up to fund him. The only logical explanation is that there are 10,000 Town supporters who don't much care about what their club now represents.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Evans Out Campaign on 09:14 - Apr 29 with 1818 viewsAYACCA

there are more important things in life than football son.
Evans Out Campaign on 09:18 - Apr 29 with 1813 viewsHerbivore

Evans Out Campaign on 21:55 - Apr 28 by Keaneish

We're talking about up to this point, not next season. And yes, being a Championship side with his name emblazoned across multiple media channels from Sky to Tabloid newspapers would absolutely make his company more distinguishable.

We're not emblazoned anywhere.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024