Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Maupay cost Brentford the same as Jackson cost us 00:32 - Apr 11 with 10103 viewsAlexGreen

Frightening really when we think what they're both worth now, probably a difference of 15 million.

I really wish we had some form of European scouting network - just one gem like him would pay for it for the next hundred years

Poll: Who from our injured list will play the most games in 20/21

Maupay cost Brentford the same as Jackson cost us on 13:35 - Apr 11 with 1430 viewsKieran_Knows

Maupay cost Brentford the same as Jackson cost us on 13:35 - Apr 11 by Superfrans

????

Sorry. Pathetic that we don't already have that in place.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Maupay cost Brentford the same as Jackson cost us on 13:43 - Apr 11 with 1421 viewsSuperfrans

Maupay cost Brentford the same as Jackson cost us on 13:35 - Apr 11 by Kieran_Knows

Sorry. Pathetic that we don't already have that in place.

No problem.

I have no idea what the standard set-up is for a Championship/Lge 1 club to be honest.

It's at least good that we now have people who recognise it's an issue.

I've increasingly wondered if Mick was bonussed in some way on keeping costs down at the club. It just seems odd that Hurst asks to spend all proceeds from sales - he's given the money. Lambert asks for cash in January, he gets it. Lambert asks for ticket promotions, he gets them. Lambert asks for scouts, he gets them.

Did Mick simply never ask for these things? If not, why not? Why would you make your life more difficult like that?

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Maupay cost Brentford the same as Jackson cost us on 14:15 - Apr 11 with 1393 viewsHerbivore

Maupay cost Brentford the same as Jackson cost us on 13:29 - Apr 11 by BloomBlue

But scouts dont work for free, the Brentford model is based on paying the scouts to give them first and sole take on the players they find, and that does cost money.

Are these scouts also the players' agents then?

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Maupay cost Brentford the same as Jackson cost us on 14:31 - Apr 11 with 1364 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Maupay cost Brentford the same as Jackson cost us on 13:43 - Apr 11 by Superfrans

No problem.

I have no idea what the standard set-up is for a Championship/Lge 1 club to be honest.

It's at least good that we now have people who recognise it's an issue.

I've increasingly wondered if Mick was bonussed in some way on keeping costs down at the club. It just seems odd that Hurst asks to spend all proceeds from sales - he's given the money. Lambert asks for cash in January, he gets it. Lambert asks for ticket promotions, he gets them. Lambert asks for scouts, he gets them.

Did Mick simply never ask for these things? If not, why not? Why would you make your life more difficult like that?

Hurst didn’t get all the proceeds from sales - we sold Waghorn, Webster and Garner for c£9.5m and brought in Nolan, Nsiala, Edwards, Donacien, Harrison and Jackson for around £5.5m. We did get a couple of loanees in aswell although that’s been very much par for the course for the last few years, and arguably the most expensive of those (Walters) was only sanctioned as an emergency measure once we’d started the season poorly

Lambert has been backed so far - but again the circumstances of his arrival probably dictated that more than anything. Will be interesting to see what happens going forwards - my best guess is he’ll have to clear out the squad considerably before we start bringing players in in any great volume

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Maupay cost Brentford the same as Jackson cost us on 14:58 - Apr 11 with 1339 viewsNo9

This reinforces my view that over the past 10 years or more, scounting for ITFC has been substandard.

MM reputedly signed 78 players, most of who we knew nothing & they were not all free's

Add to that number those signed by Hurst & now PL and the total over a little more than 6 years is scary for the standard available, excluding those who have arrived via the academy route.
Maupay cost Brentford the same as Jackson cost us on 15:06 - Apr 11 with 1328 viewsSuperfrans

Maupay cost Brentford the same as Jackson cost us on 14:31 - Apr 11 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Hurst didn’t get all the proceeds from sales - we sold Waghorn, Webster and Garner for c£9.5m and brought in Nolan, Nsiala, Edwards, Donacien, Harrison and Jackson for around £5.5m. We did get a couple of loanees in aswell although that’s been very much par for the course for the last few years, and arguably the most expensive of those (Walters) was only sanctioned as an emergency measure once we’d started the season poorly

Lambert has been backed so far - but again the circumstances of his arrival probably dictated that more than anything. Will be interesting to see what happens going forwards - my best guess is he’ll have to clear out the squad considerably before we start bringing players in in any great volume

All or most... He certainly spent a lot more than McCarthy did in any summer.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Maupay cost Brentford the same as Jackson cost us on 15:22 - Apr 11 with 1310 viewsNo9

Maupay cost Brentford the same as Jackson cost us on 15:06 - Apr 11 by Superfrans

But how much money did the MM long list of signed, but non appearing, stars cost?
Maupay cost Brentford the same as Jackson cost us on 15:23 - Apr 11 with 1309 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Maupay cost Brentford the same as Jackson cost us on 15:06 - Apr 11 by Superfrans

I don’t think there’s too much difference to the last couple of seasons under Mick when comparing expenditure vs income. Obviously we spent a lot more - but then we brought in a lot more

Login to get fewer ads

Maupay cost Brentford the same as Jackson cost us on 15:25 - Apr 11 with 1305 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Maupay cost Brentford the same as Jackson cost us on 15:22 - Apr 11 by No9

But how much money did the MM long list of signed, but non appearing, stars cost?

Not a lot - unless you’re suggesting the likes of Kelly Youga were on megabucks?

Maupay cost Brentford the same as Jackson cost us on 15:30 - Apr 11 with 1298 viewsNo9

Maupay cost Brentford the same as Jackson cost us on 15:25 - Apr 11 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Not a lot - unless you’re suggesting the likes of Kelly Youga were on megabucks?

Well, like most people, including I understand some of the Ipswich media not nmany people know who they were let alone what they were paid
I do however recall the MD & Finance man saying the cost was too high for the football played.
Maupay cost Brentford the same as Jackson cost us on 15:45 - Apr 11 with 1284 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Maupay cost Brentford the same as Jackson cost us on 15:30 - Apr 11 by No9

Well, like most people, including I understand some of the Ipswich media not nmany people know who they were let alone what they were paid
I do however recall the MD & Finance man saying the cost was too high for the football played.

A link to those made up comments would be lovely, cheers

Maupay cost Brentford the same as Jackson cost us on 15:57 - Apr 11 with 1270 viewsitfcjoe

Maupay cost Brentford the same as Jackson cost us on 12:56 - Apr 11 by Superfrans

Maupay, Watkins and Benrhama were all excellent last night, obviously better than anything we have.

They'd probably fetch £50m between them on the open market now - not bad for a less than £5m investment!

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Maupay cost Brentford the same as Jackson cost us on 16:01 - Apr 11 with 1257 viewsNo9

Maupay cost Brentford the same as Jackson cost us on 15:45 - Apr 11 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

A link to those made up comments would be lovely, cheers

It was reported on this forum by Phil
Maupay cost Brentford the same as Jackson cost us on 16:04 - Apr 11 with 1257 viewsclive_baker

I still think we were absolutely robbed for Cresswell. Not just in hindsight having established himself as a Premier League player, but even at the time it seemed like robbery. Made up for it with Mings though.

Jackson is one of the most technically inept footballers I've ever witness in a town shirt, genuinely. Sounds like a gross overreaction but I can't think of many worse. He's an athlete first and footballer 2nd. Utter, utter sh0ite.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Maupay cost Brentford the same as Jackson cost us on 16:08 - Apr 11 with 1249 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Maupay cost Brentford the same as Jackson cost us on 16:01 - Apr 11 by No9

It was reported on this forum by Phil

Sure it was 🙂

Maupay cost Brentford the same as Jackson cost us on 17:19 - Apr 11 with 1198 viewsHerbivore

Maupay cost Brentford the same as Jackson cost us on 16:04 - Apr 11 by clive_baker

I still think we were absolutely robbed for Cresswell. Not just in hindsight having established himself as a Premier League player, but even at the time it seemed like robbery. Made up for it with Mings though.

Jackson is one of the most technically inept footballers I've ever witness in a town shirt, genuinely. Sounds like a gross overreaction but I can't think of many worse. He's an athlete first and footballer 2nd. Utter, utter sh0ite.

I think that's harsh on Jackson. I think he's generally looked more of a threat than Quaner for the most part. He's still raw in some areas but there's a decent striker in there I think.

At the time the Cresswell deal seemed decent I thought. Not sure anyone was expecting more than £3.75m up front for him and I believe with top ups it's over £6m we've taken in total. For a mid 20s Championship left back at the time it was a pretty good deal.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024