Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Blue Passports 11:18 - Mar 23 with 3914 viewsZedRodgers

There's a solution for anybody concerned they won't be able to get their blue passport due to the current Brexit debacle. The Daily Express is offering free imitation holders in protest:

Question for Mr. Bloom and others - If you all take them up on their offer, will it appease you enough for us to stop the whole leaving thing and everybody wins?

No, not at the moment

Blue Passports on 11:22 - Mar 23 with 3378 viewsfooters

Zed, do you know where our precious blue passports will be manufactured? Surely it would be an outrageous betrayal of The Will Of The People were they to be manufactured outside of our beloved British Isles?

Concerned of Islington.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Blue Passports on 11:23 - Mar 23 with 3372 viewsBlueBadger

I can't help but think that this what we should have done in the first place, issued a few blue passports in Clacton, slapped a 'we're definitely out, us' message on a few buses and your average gammon wouldn't realise.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Blue Passports on 11:29 - Mar 23 with 3355 viewsBlueBadger

Blue Passports on 11:22 - Mar 23 by footers

Zed, do you know where our precious blue passports will be manufactured? Surely it would be an outrageous betrayal of The Will Of The People were they to be manufactured outside of our beloved British Isles?

Concerned of Islington.

Apparently they rejected British bidder De La Rue because they 'sounded a bit foreign'.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Blue Passports on 11:29 - Mar 23 with 3349 viewsfooters

Blue Passports on 11:29 - Mar 23 by BlueBadger

Apparently they rejected British bidder De La Rue because they 'sounded a bit foreign'.

A decision they will come to rue in time.

Blue Passports on 11:57 - Mar 23 with 3312 viewsCoastalblue

Blue Passports on 11:29 - Mar 23 by BlueBadger

You make it sound like we're a country that's been built by immigrants?

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Blue Passports on 13:40 - Mar 23 with 3250 viewsBlueBadger

Blue Passports on 11:57 - Mar 23 by Coastalblue

You make it sound like we're a country that's been built by immigrants?

Don't be stupid, only foreigners are immigrants.

Blue Passports on 14:50 - Mar 23 with 3183 viewsBloomBlue

No. My children, grandchildren, great grandchildren etc lives will be better if we're outside the EU.
Blue Passports on 14:52 - Mar 23 with 3173 viewsJ2BLUE

Blue Passports on 14:50 - Mar 23 by BloomBlue

No. My children, grandchildren, great grandchildren etc lives will be better if we're outside the EU.

Is this where you disappear when asked how?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Login to get fewer ads

Blue Passports on 15:09 - Mar 23 with 3153 viewsSarge

Blue Passports on 14:52 - Mar 23 by J2BLUE

It’s pretty simple, through fewer job prospects, less freedom of choice, higher prices on pretty much everything and a much greater inconvenience for travel. All wonderful life enhancements.

Edit: I reckon he also voted Tory in order to help his grandkids go to university and be able to buy a house one day.
[Post edited 23 Mar 2019 15:10]
Blue Passports on 15:54 - Mar 23 with 3096 viewsBloomBlue

Blue Passports on 14:52 - Mar 23 by J2BLUE

For Europe to compete with China and USA they will have to integrate closer and move to one government based in Brussels. That government will set everything ie the tax rules will be the same in all Countries, social care including the NHS same in all Countries business rates, environment, so it doesn't matter whether you live in Spain or the UK everything will be the same including we will all be using the EURO.
I don't trust the EU on the environment you only have to look at fish stocks for evidence.
I think we will be financially better off not paying into the EU, and I've not seen any evidence shown to me that has proved we will be worse off outside the EU. I've seen lots of theories but not one expert has guaranteed it.
Experts told us if we stayed with the £ and didn't go with the € there would be delays at the ports, supply of food and medicine would be hit - it never happen either they got it wrong or they lied, the choice is yours.
Blue Passports on 15:58 - Mar 23 with 3085 viewsDarth_Koont

Blue Passports on 15:54 - Mar 23 by BloomBlue

For Europe to compete with China and USA they will have to integrate closer and move to one government based in Brussels. That government will set everything ie the tax rules will be the same in all Countries, social care including the NHS same in all Countries business rates, environment, so it doesn't matter whether you live in Spain or the UK everything will be the same including we will all be using the EURO.
I don't trust the EU on the environment you only have to look at fish stocks for evidence.
I think we will be financially better off not paying into the EU, and I've not seen any evidence shown to me that has proved we will be worse off outside the EU. I've seen lots of theories but not one expert has guaranteed it.
Experts told us if we stayed with the £ and didn't go with the € there would be delays at the ports, supply of food and medicine would be hit - it never happen either they got it wrong or they lied, the choice is yours.

Woah!

"For Europe to compete with China and USA they will have to integrate closer and move to one government based in Brussels."

We're already competing with China and the USA without that.

Pronouns: He/Him

Blue Passports on 15:59 - Mar 23 with 3082 viewsJ2BLUE

Blue Passports on 15:54 - Mar 23 by BloomBlue

Compete in what way?

The EU economy already competes with the US and China. There is no trade deal with the US because the EU has the power to stand up to them and refuse things like chlorinated chicken.

Militarily we have two nuclear powers, a huge and powerful collective army and are allied with the US in NATO anyway.

Truly impaired.

Blue Passports on 17:12 - Mar 23 with 3028 viewsBloomBlue

Blue Passports on 15:58 - Mar 23 by Darth_Koont

Woah!

"For Europe to compete with China and USA they will have to integrate closer and move to one government based in Brussels."

We're already competing with China and the USA without that.

If you want to believe that believe it. But everytime China or US sneeze EU economies suffer, Germany only just avoided recession because of China's economy has decreased if Europe was at that level it's not going to be impacted by a slowdown in China.
Blue Passports on 17:14 - Mar 23 with 3025 viewsBloomBlue

Blue Passports on 15:59 - Mar 23 by J2BLUE

Compete in what way?

The EU economy already competes with the US and China. There is no trade deal with the US because the EU has the power to stand up to them and refuse things like chlorinated chicken.

Militarily we have two nuclear powers, a huge and powerful collective army and are allied with the US in NATO anyway.

A huge and collective army , why is Europe so desperate to keep the US in NATO if our forces are so strong as you say we don't need the US
Blue Passports on 17:16 - Mar 23 with 3024 viewsfooters

Blue Passports on 17:12 - Mar 23 by BloomBlue

If you want to believe that believe it. But everytime China or US sneeze EU economies suffer, Germany only just avoided recession because of China's economy has decreased if Europe was at that level it's not going to be impacted by a slowdown in China.

So how will opening up our tiny island nation to such massive economic forces be of benefit to us, if they could crush us on a whim? Wouldn't it be better to be part of, say, a larger trading bloc?

Blue Passports on 17:17 - Mar 23 with 3017 viewsfooters

Blue Passports on 17:14 - Mar 23 by BloomBlue

A huge and collective army , why is Europe so desperate to keep the US in NATO if our forces are so strong as you say we don't need the US

Why is the EU so worried about having the largest military superpower as a NATO member? The mind boggles.

Blue Passports on 17:21 - Mar 23 with 3008 viewsBloomBlue

Blue Passports on 17:16 - Mar 23 by footers

So how will opening up our tiny island nation to such massive economic forces be of benefit to us, if they could crush us on a whim? Wouldn't it be better to be part of, say, a larger trading bloc?

I was asked why I want to leave the EU and this was one of my reasons above.... For Europe to compete with China and USA they will have to integrate closer and move to one government based in Brussels. That government will set everything ie the tax rules will be the same in all Countries, social care including the NHS same in all Countries business rates, environment, so it doesn't matter whether you live in Spain or the UK everything will be the same including we will all be using the EURO. 

I and will always believe that
Blue Passports on 17:22 - Mar 23 with 3006 viewsfooters

Blue Passports on 17:21 - Mar 23 by BloomBlue

I was asked why I want to leave the EU and this was one of my reasons above.... For Europe to compete with China and USA they will have to integrate closer and move to one government based in Brussels. That government will set everything ie the tax rules will be the same in all Countries, social care including the NHS same in all Countries business rates, environment, so it doesn't matter whether you live in Spain or the UK everything will be the same including we will all be using the EURO. 

I and will always believe that

OK.

Blue Passports on 17:22 - Mar 23 with 3006 viewsDarth_Koont

Blue Passports on 17:12 - Mar 23 by BloomBlue

We're all impacted by each other.

That certainly won't change outside of the EU and we'll be more exposed the further we are away.

Pronouns: He/Him

Blue Passports on 17:28 - Mar 23 with 2998 viewsBloomBlue

Blue Passports on 17:17 - Mar 23 by footers

Why is the EU so worried about having the largest military superpower as a NATO member? The mind boggles.

I didn't say it was, J2 raised the topic of the army in response to my post even thought I never mentioned the army and was giving the impression in terms of military Europe is at the same level as the US.

The strange thing is combining the armies into an European army is the only EU integration I think makes sense
Blue Passports on 17:33 - Mar 23 with 2988 viewsJ2BLUE

Blue Passports on 17:14 - Mar 23 by BloomBlue

EU army is a insurance policy. Usually NATO will respond to things like Russian aggression if needed. A separate EU army gives us the option to go it alone if needed. Simple insurance in a time where the US have an America first president who could be in office for another 5+ years.

Truly impaired.

Blue Passports on 17:38 - Mar 23 with 2983 viewsBloomBlue

Blue Passports on 17:22 - Mar 23 by Darth_Koont

We're all impacted by each other.

That certainly won't change outside of the EU and we'll be more exposed the further we are away.

If that's what you believe then fine, believe what you want and I'll believe what I want. As I said above my reasons aren't about things in isolation I believe we will ultimately end up fully governed by a government based in Brussels making EU decisions on everything standardizing across Europe including, tax, health, environment, currency.
Europe biggest problem (and holding it back getting to the next level) is when countries like Greece get into financial difficulties, you help stop that by making sure all countries follow the same rules on personal and business tax, same health care etc etc.
Blue Passports on 17:46 - Mar 23 with 2975 viewsBloomBlue

Blue Passports on 17:33 - Mar 23 by J2BLUE

EU army is a insurance policy. Usually NATO will respond to things like Russian aggression if needed. A separate EU army gives us the option to go it alone if needed. Simple insurance in a time where the US have an America first president who could be in office for another 5+ years.

But you have to admit things would need to change based on previous situations, we had genocide in Europe in the former Yugoslavia and most of the countries didn't want to get involved with sending forces
Blue Passports on 23:36 - Mar 23 with 2892 viewsBLUEBEAT

Paradoxical quip.

Poll: W or W

Blue Passports on 23:44 - Mar 23 with 2883 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

What could possibly go wrong with an army supposedly representing Oban, the Italian lot, Macron, etc..etc and that's before the French elect le Penn?

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024