Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Where do you think we will be a year from now? 22:10 - Feb 23 with 10605 viewsWorcester

My guess is mid table. No clubs, melts or fantasy thinking. I just feel we have the wrong owner.

Edit
Mid table league 1
[Post edited 23 Feb 2019 22:11]
Where do you think we will be a year from now? on 11:12 - Feb 24 with 4037 viewsParisBlue

Where do you think we will be a year from now? on 00:33 - Feb 24 by rgp1

Spot on and Sunderland ain't exactly pulling up trees. More to the point how do you market wycombe or Walsall at home on the opening day. Yes if your 10 points clear at Christmas every man and his dog will want tickets but other than that the club faces a conundrum, otherwise why would they ask fans for there views on this most important of subjects?

Ipswich is a football town. If you market Wycombe/Walsall correctly then people will come. Ticket prices, enjoyment, entertainment etc.

The risk is the people not local to Ipswich. Difficult to justify the cost for 3rd tier football.

If we don't start well it could be difficult....but if we were to start well I'd imagine we'd get similar crowds to now, with a smaller away following.

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

Where do you think we will be a year from now? on 11:22 - Feb 24 with 4023 viewsReuser_is_God

Bossing league 1

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Where do you think we will be a year from now? on 11:29 - Feb 24 with 4005 viewstractorboy1978

Where do you think we will be a year from now? on 09:42 - Feb 24 by Chocorange

I went yesterday and thought we played well. We're on top until the sending off and looking good for 3 points, then a lot of team spirit and support from the fans so very nearly got us over the line. Lovely one touch passing at times too.

Sadly, it Will be a very different team next year .

Bart may be here ... Contract signed before this season so not included in wage cap rules.
Bree won't be here
Pennington won't be here
Chambo.. Probably won't be here, would have to take a big drop in pay.
Knudsen won't be here
Kenlock will be here.

Nolan will be here
Chalobah won't be here
Judge may be here

Keane may be here judging from sound bites but would have to drop pay. The more goals he gets the more likely he won't be here.
Quaner won't be here

At most 5 will be here and even that seems unlikely.

The 3 subs that came on will be here , but Jackson didn't contribute much at all apart from falling over and trying to get free kicks that never came , he didn't hold the ball up .. He has the odd moment where you think what a finish ( WBA) but even in games against poorer sides Accrington, Wigan.. It's not been good at all.

I also don't agree with we have the best young players around and it's a formality that they will see us up that some are peddling.

I fear it's going to be a summer of lots of new players coming in again , but on the plus side it allows PL to get the players in that he wants.

Why do people keep saying Chambers won't be here? He's the most nailed on to stay.
Where do you think we will be a year from now? on 11:47 - Feb 24 with 3980 viewsLeaky

Well Luton seemed to be doing ok. Look where they have come from. Could be a division above us next season
Where do you think we will be a year from now? on 12:10 - Feb 24 with 3962 viewsPecker

Top by goal difference with 2 games in hand. (Due to F.A Cup commitments)
Where do you think we will be a year from now? on 21:47 - Feb 26 with 3805 viewsWorcester

Where do you think we will be a year from now? on 09:28 - Feb 24 by Mullysplace1

Heading to L2. We are going to get a nasty shock next season.

unfortunately you could be right
Where do you think we will be a year from now? on 21:52 - Feb 26 with 3800 viewsMrTown

7th or 8th certainly within a shout of the promotion.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Where do you think we will be a year from now? on 22:55 - Feb 26 with 3777 viewsIpswichKnight

Where do you think we will be a year from now? on 11:29 - Feb 24 by tractorboy1978

Why do people keep saying Chambers won't be here? He's the most nailed on to stay.

Added to that, why do people keep saying players will need to take a drop in salary, they have no choice if in contract they will be going onto League 1 wages.
Login to get fewer ads

Where do you think we will be a year from now? on 00:29 - Feb 27 with 3749 viewstextbackup

top 6 without a shadow of doubt - of whatever league we find ourselves in

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Where do you think we will be a year from now? on 08:45 - Feb 27 with 3699 viewsNorthern_Blue81

If we keep Harrison and Jackson, top 6. They will do well in league One, it is their level pretty much.
Where do you think we will be a year from now? on 08:51 - Feb 27 with 3696 viewsJeff_winger

Where do you think we will be a year from now? on 09:35 - Feb 24 by Blue_Moses

I reckon around 10th place. You can't expect a squad who has only won a handful of games in the last 15 months to suddenly start winning every match, it just doesn't happen.

Last year the 3 teams promoted from League 1 had all been relegated the year before .
Rotherham were relegated having won only 5 games and next year promoted having won 24 games.

So clearly it can happen, I dont think League 1 will be a walk in the park but I do believe there is a big difference in quality between league 1 and championship, if we keep most of this team together we should easily be top 6.
on 08:51 - Feb 27 with 3694 views_

Where do you think we will be a year from now? on 08:57 - Feb 27 with 3689 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

Where do you think we will be a year from now? on 23:14 - Feb 23 by LeagueOne

We lost to Exeter this season. They are not even in the top 6 of League Two. I'd love to be optimistic but losing 50% of our income, FFP and having to sell players to ensure we don't go under will mean League One will be a challenge, see Sunderland, it's not a walk in the park. That's not defeatism, that's understanding the challenge.

Newport lost to Leicester. I suppose Newport will be ripping it up in the Premier League inside a couple of seasons will they?

You seem to have a complete failure to understand cup football. Your own Norwich side were defeated by non-league Luton a few years ago. Funnily enough Exeter and Lincoln players raise their games against us when they are a few divisions lower and our players, most of whom are reserve players or those out of favour, struggle to raise theirs.

Completely different to the rigours of week in, week out league football.

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

Where do you think we will be a year from now? on 09:02 - Feb 27 with 3685 viewsitfcjoe

Top 4 in League 1.

Think we'll be 1 of 4 fighting it out for the top 2, and not in the battle for top 6

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Where do you think we will be a year from now? on 15:55 - Feb 27 with 3603 viewsLeagueOne

This is still the most honest appraisal of where we will be at next season on this forum.

It's time to make the best of it.
Poll: Would you leave TWTD if political threads were banned?

Where do you think we will be a year from now? on 17:37 - Feb 27 with 3576 viewsRadlett_blue

Where do you think we will be a year from now? on 22:21 - Feb 23 by yorkshire

If we have a team that consists of a lot of those that played today then we will be top 6 League one for sure - be difficult to keep a few of them - like Bart and Keane but with a bit of confidence around the place then this team would be good enough for a promotion fight next yea

Why will it be difficult to keep Bart? He's been awful this season & is on £20k a week. Hard to see anyone taking him for free.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Where do you think we will be a year from now? on 18:08 - Feb 27 with 3564 viewsSteve_D

Where do you think we will be a year from now? on 09:42 - Feb 24 by Chocorange

I went yesterday and thought we played well. We're on top until the sending off and looking good for 3 points, then a lot of team spirit and support from the fans so very nearly got us over the line. Lovely one touch passing at times too.

Sadly, it Will be a very different team next year .

Bart may be here ... Contract signed before this season so not included in wage cap rules.
Bree won't be here
Pennington won't be here
Chambo.. Probably won't be here, would have to take a big drop in pay.
Knudsen won't be here
Kenlock will be here.

Nolan will be here
Chalobah won't be here
Judge may be here

Keane may be here judging from sound bites but would have to drop pay. The more goals he gets the more likely he won't be here.
Quaner won't be here

At most 5 will be here and even that seems unlikely.

The 3 subs that came on will be here , but Jackson didn't contribute much at all apart from falling over and trying to get free kicks that never came , he didn't hold the ball up .. He has the odd moment where you think what a finish ( WBA) but even in games against poorer sides Accrington, Wigan.. It's not been good at all.

I also don't agree with we have the best young players around and it's a formality that they will see us up that some are peddling.

I fear it's going to be a summer of lots of new players coming in again , but on the plus side it allows PL to get the players in that he wants.

On the road to oblivion
Where do you think we will be a year from now? on 18:34 - Feb 27 with 3555 viewsSeablu

Where do you think we will be a year from now? on 08:57 - Feb 27 by WarkTheWarkITFC

Newport lost to Leicester. I suppose Newport will be ripping it up in the Premier League inside a couple of seasons will they?

You seem to have a complete failure to understand cup football. Your own Norwich side were defeated by non-league Luton a few years ago. Funnily enough Exeter and Lincoln players raise their games against us when they are a few divisions lower and our players, most of whom are reserve players or those out of favour, struggle to raise theirs.

Completely different to the rigours of week in, week out league football.

I thought Newport beat Leicester.
I obviously have no understanding of how cup football works either.
Where do you think we will be a year from now? on 22:41 - Feb 27 with 3493 viewsjeera

Where do you think we will be a year from now? on 15:55 - Feb 27 by LeagueOne

This is still the most honest appraisal of where we will be at next season on this forum.

You don't have a good word to say about the Town nor this forum.

Your stance is perfectly clear.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Where do you think we will be a year from now? on 23:33 - Feb 27 with 3477 viewsFreddy

Top 10
Where do you think we will be a year from now? on 08:28 - Feb 28 with 3416 viewsMullysplace1

Where do you think we will be a year from now? on 08:45 - Feb 27 by Northern_Blue81

If we keep Harrison and Jackson, top 6. They will do well in league One, it is their level pretty much.

Neither will set L1 alight. Both were L2 players when we brought them in. The jump to Championship was too much for them, and l cant see them making much of an inpact on L1 either. They are Sunday league players.
Where do you think we will be a year from now? on 12:46 - Feb 28 with 3368 viewsitfcjoe

Where do you think we will be a year from now? on 08:28 - Feb 28 by Mullysplace1

Neither will set L1 alight. Both were L2 players when we brought them in. The jump to Championship was too much for them, and l cant see them making much of an inpact on L1 either. They are Sunday league players.

Harrison played 80 games in L1 across the last 2 seasons so not sure how that makes him a L2 player

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Where do you think we will be a year from now? on 13:26 - Feb 28 with 3334 viewstpsontour

Mid-table is my guess.

It's beyond me how anyone is already hailing Lambert as our saviour and claiming we'll rip up League One other than out of blind faith.

Lambert's won 2 matches out of 20 so far and nearly all his signings will return to their parent club along with other loanees like Chalobah. We'll be left with a handful of old stagers like Chambo and Skuse, a bunch of under 23 kids, Hurst's signings, who are contracted until 2022 and anyone Evans allows Lambert to bring in.

It's a huge turnaround required to build half of an exiting squad that can't win any games up into one that has to win all the time. Sunderland have lost twice all season and still aren't in an automatic place, so it's another highly competitive league.
Where do you think we will be a year from now? on 13:59 - Feb 28 with 3324 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Midtable in League One with about 10 points behind play-offs but some people will be insisting that we could still make it.

Of course some will keep yapping that Evans ain't a bad owner despite not being able to compete for a player with Fleetwood.
[Post edited 28 Feb 2019 14:03]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024