Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Full Backs 17:15 - Jan 26 with 4308 viewsMrTown

Anyone else not sold of Pennington as a RB, I don't actually think he that good on the ball, he reminds me of Berra, clumsly and uncoordinated with his feet.

Thought Kenlock was good today, showed why he should be picked ahead of another loan signing, Kenlock is an academy long term option for Town, Elder won't be here next year. I always love seeing ITFC academy products in the team, gives me a sense of pride.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Full Backs on 17:15 - Jan 26 with 4300 viewssparks

Agree on both.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Full Backs on 17:16 - Jan 26 with 4296 viewsScuzzer

Agreed.

Established 1968

Full Backs on 17:18 - Jan 26 with 4284 viewschristiand

Pennington isn't a fullback, it's that simple.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Full Backs on 17:19 - Jan 26 with 4279 viewsBackToRussia

The sad truth is that quite a number of Town fans are much harsher on players who came through our Academy than anyone else.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

Full Backs on 17:21 - Jan 26 with 4251 viewsLankHenners

He's not that good as a defender full stop.

The best LB isn't playing and seemingly won't again but might as well play Kenlock as Elder's not that much different and Kenlock's our own player.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Full Backs on 17:22 - Jan 26 with 4250 viewsTrequartista

Again it boils down to the fact that unless your full-back is a bit of a freak of nature, if he is over 6 foot then he is a centre-back.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Full Backs on 17:23 - Jan 26 with 4241 viewsMrTown

Full Backs on 17:19 - Jan 26 by BackToRussia

The sad truth is that quite a number of Town fans are much harsher on players who came through our Academy than anyone else.

Can’t honestly say I’ve ever actually have a recollection of Town fans being Harsh on academy products?

Full Backs on 17:24 - Jan 26 with 4225 viewsMrTown

Full Backs on 17:21 - Jan 26 by LankHenners

The best LB isn't playing and seemingly won't again but might as well play Kenlock as Elder's not that much different and Kenlock's our own player.

I think he’s an ok defender, too weak to be a centre half and not good enough with his feet to be a full back.

Knudsen isn’t our best left back, I think Kenlock has shown that with the opportunities he has been given this season.

Login to get fewer ads

Full Backs on 17:26 - Jan 26 with 4216 viewsBackToRussia

Full Backs on 17:23 - Jan 26 by MrTown

Can’t honestly say I’ve ever actually have a recollection of Town fans being Harsh on academy products?

Alright then. Matt Richards, James Scowcroft, Luke Hyam,... off the top of my head. Emmanuel is seen as a no hoper while Spence is given the benefit of the doubt.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

Full Backs on 17:26 - Jan 26 with 4215 viewsBlueBadger

Full Backs on 17:23 - Jan 26 by MrTown

Richards, Scowcroft...

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Full Backs on 17:27 - Jan 26 with 4201 viewsLankHenners

Full Backs on 17:24 - Jan 26 by MrTown

I think he’s an ok defender, too weak to be a centre half and not good enough with his feet to be a full back.

Knudsen isn’t our best left back, I think Kenlock has shown that with the opportunities he has been given this season.

He's been at fault for more goals than anyone else (speaking individual errors).

No he hasn't - Knudsen was at least capable of having a solid enough game defensively, which is what we need at the moment.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Full Backs on 17:32 - Jan 26 with 4186 viewsbournemouthblue

He looks like a pretty straightforward centre back to me

I'm a little surprised he's moved to right back but he has played there before?

I half wonder if we have to keep playing him to keep in Everton's good books given we maybe likely to pick up more loanees from them in the future?

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Full Backs on 18:28 - Jan 26 with 4107 viewsWicklowBlue

Emmanuel is back at the club and training. Anyone else think PHs comments recently are positive in that he's having a serious look at him may try him at RB?
Full Backs on 18:31 - Jan 26 with 4094 views3_5_2

Full Backs on 17:21 - Jan 26 by LankHenners

agree re Pennington

Disagree re Knudsen I prefer Kenlock but that's just my opinion based on how I like to FB's to play

Hindsight is always 20:20
Poll: Which system should we play?

Full Backs on 19:50 - Jan 26 with 4040 viewsrfretwell

Full Backs on 17:26 - Jan 26 by BackToRussia

Alright then. Matt Richards, James Scowcroft, Luke Hyam,... off the top of my head. Emmanuel is seen as a no hoper while Spence is given the benefit of the doubt.

Yes Scowie used to get alot of stick from fans but would get into this team easily with his good hold up play, lay offs and aerial ability. Had bouts when the goals dried up but most strikers do.
Full Backs on 21:15 - Jan 26 with 3981 viewspositivity

kenlock should definitely be playing.

on today's form, our best full-back should clearly be donacien, but as he's unavailable, we need to try emmanuel.

nothing against pennington, but he doesn't offer enough going forward for a team who need to win games rather than eke out the odd draw

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

Full Backs on 21:18 - Jan 26 with 3978 viewsMrTown

Full Backs on 17:26 - Jan 26 by BackToRussia

Academy players are always given that extra bit of ;patience, I'm sorry but if they're still not good at what they do then fair enough the should take a bit of stick.

But Luke Hyam is barely getting a game at Southend United, maybe the Town fans were right to think he wasn't quite up to it.

But you can never argue Town fans don't give their own more time.

Emmanuel hasn't played, needs game time, wouldn't mind seeing him have 3/4 back to back games, not saying he is the answer because nobody has seen him enough yet.

Spence is sh*t, hope he never pulls on a Town shirt again.

Full Backs on 21:24 - Jan 26 with 3966 viewspositivity

Full Backs on 21:18 - Jan 26 by MrTown

Academy players are always given that extra bit of ;patience, I'm sorry but if they're still not good at what they do then fair enough the should take a bit of stick.

But Luke Hyam is barely getting a game at Southend United, maybe the Town fans were right to think he wasn't quite up to it.

But you can never argue Town fans don't give their own more time.

Emmanuel hasn't played, needs game time, wouldn't mind seeing him have 3/4 back to back games, not saying he is the answer because nobody has seen him enough yet.

Spence is sh*t, hope he never pulls on a Town shirt again.

emmanuel's played more this season and last than most of our players, just not for us!

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

Full Backs on 21:24 - Jan 26 with 3964 viewsKeaneish

Defending yes, going forward, no. I thought kenlock was one of our worst players today but no one played badly. He hardly ever got wide enough or beyond Sears to put balls in. Always looks awkward coming inside on his right foot and seems to run out of ideas before checking back. Didn't do anything wrong defensively but didn't do anything really notable going forward.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Full Backs on 08:38 - Jan 27 with 3848 views3_5_2

Full Backs on 21:24 - Jan 26 by Keaneish

Defending yes, going forward, no. I thought kenlock was one of our worst players today but no one played badly. He hardly ever got wide enough or beyond Sears to put balls in. Always looks awkward coming inside on his right foot and seems to run out of ideas before checking back. Didn't do anything wrong defensively but didn't do anything really notable going forward.

That's disappointing to hear I like him when he gets forward and wide, puts a decent a ball in usually

He has not played a lot and perhaps needs a run of games which, so long as he is sounds defensively, he should get

Hindsight is always 20:20
Poll: Which system should we play?

Full Backs on 09:12 - Jan 27 with 3822 viewsArnieM

Pennington is ( in the absence of any new RB signing which he hasn’t been able to bring in), viewed as the best option we have. Hardly rocket science that he’s not the ideal option but it’s the best he can achieve st present and is better than Spence.

Lambert is trying to do a patch up job in a 4 week window to save us. He’ll do bloody well to achieve it given the complete cock up by Hurst. Lambert isn’t Superman but he’s coming pretty close to it in how he’s reuniting this Club. His real work will begin over the summer - whatever division we are in. And IMHO it’s going to be built around our “ can’t stop winning team “ of U23 along with s few we’ll chosen seniors amongst them.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Full Backs on 09:46 - Jan 27 with 3795 viewsnshearman1

Full Backs on 09:12 - Jan 27 by ArnieM

Pennington is ( in the absence of any new RB signing which he hasn’t been able to bring in), viewed as the best option we have. Hardly rocket science that he’s not the ideal option but it’s the best he can achieve st present and is better than Spence.

Lambert is trying to do a patch up job in a 4 week window to save us. He’ll do bloody well to achieve it given the complete cock up by Hurst. Lambert isn’t Superman but he’s coming pretty close to it in how he’s reuniting this Club. His real work will begin over the summer - whatever division we are in. And IMHO it’s going to be built around our “ can’t stop winning team “ of U23 along with s few we’ll chosen seniors amongst them.

Tend to agree with this, but I'd like to see Emmanuel given a couple of starts. He's our player and therefore more potential for what you say going forward. Neither Pennington nor Elder have convinced as full-backs.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024