Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The funniest thing of all... 18:36 - Jan 5 with 4547 viewsKeaneish

...is that it’s that bad that between us all, there’s no common consensus of who is to blame or how to fix it. Evans fault for lack of investment; Hurst fault for depleting team; board’s fault for no due diligence; Player’s fault for being inept; the formation isn’t working; and now PL is under the gun...

Seems to me that MM, PH and now PL have all been saying or alluding to the same thing, the whole club is rotten to the core and needs a major overhaul. If there are no buyers out there at ME’s price, when is it time to force the issue to make Evan’s position untenable to try and force a sale? Surely damaging media coverage of the plight of this club will damage the ME brand and prompt some kind of action?

It seems to me that we’re nearly a week into Jan and he won’t be spending any cash thus leaving us to rot but question is, how long do we accept this pitiful, painful demise into obscurity? Irony being Evan’s wealth has grown and our club is as poor, if not poorer than when he arrived. There have been no long term benefits only short term fixes.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

The funniest thing of all... on 18:38 - Jan 5 with 3460 viewsBurwell_Blue

Yawn.

How dare ME not spend millions more on my hobby.

Blub.
The funniest thing of all... on 18:42 - Jan 5 with 3426 viewsblueconscience

The funniest thing of all... on 18:38 - Jan 5 by Burwell_Blue

Yawn.

Blub.

An expected response from an Evans Disciple

Poll: What % of ST holders saying they won’t renew, will end up renewing regardless?

The funniest thing of all... on 18:43 - Jan 5 with 3407 viewsDarth_Koont

There is no simple answer or quick fix, unless we start getting wins. The only individual you can point at with any certainty has already left the club.

On that note, blaming individual players or Lambert for where we are now seems way off.

Pronouns: He/Him

The funniest thing of all... on 18:44 - Jan 5 with 3400 viewsBurwell_Blue

The funniest thing of all... on 18:42 - Jan 5 by blueconscience

An expected response from an Evans Disciple

As opposed to your “Evans out”

What next?

“Don’t know, but Evans Out”
The funniest thing of all... on 18:46 - Jan 5 with 3387 viewsKeaneish

Yawn.

Blub.

Football has never been a hobby.

The funniest thing of all... on 18:48 - Jan 5 with 3372 viewsjaseitfc

I think any blame on Lambert is not constructive... we need to keep him, he's the slight glimmer of hope I have at the moment
The funniest thing of all... on 18:48 - Jan 5 with 3364 viewsLankHenners

Evans' under-investment and poor decision making/half-@rsed approach finally reaching its inevitable conclusion because Hurst was so bloody useless is what's got us here.

The Utopian fix is some mega rich guy comes in and splashes the cash with a good manager (Lambert) in charge and we rocket our way back and beyond. For now it's just hoping we can muddle through somehow with a good manager conjuring up a miracle season like Mick very nearly did.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

The funniest thing of all... on 18:49 - Jan 5 with 3367 viewsblueconscience

The funniest thing of all... on 18:44 - Jan 5 by Burwell_Blue

As opposed to your “Evans out”

What next?

“Don’t know, but Evans Out”

I just find it funny how you Evans Disciples are like the Remoaners, where you try and act clever thinking your opinion is always right.

Poll: What % of ST holders saying they won’t renew, will end up renewing regardless?

Login to get fewer ads

The funniest thing of all... on 18:52 - Jan 5 with 3342 viewsTendring_Blue

Yawn.

Blub.

The club is part of the community, should be at the heart of it. We have been mismanaged under Evans with poor judgement calls.

Its indefinable, he deserves criticism.

Trouble is, there not yet a viable alternative. He could get someone with knowledge of running football clubs to take over as chairman. Doesn't fix the investment but we might be able to get more out of what we've got, and possibly generate more of our own revenue.
The funniest thing of all... on 19:04 - Jan 5 with 3272 viewsfactual_blue

Maybe there isn't a single reason.

There rarely is for anything.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

The funniest thing of all... on 19:08 - Jan 5 with 3239 viewsKeaneish

The funniest thing of all... on 18:52 - Jan 5 by Tendring_Blue

The club is part of the community, should be at the heart of it. We have been mismanaged under Evans with poor judgement calls.

Its indefinable, he deserves criticism.

Trouble is, there not yet a viable alternative. He could get someone with knowledge of running football clubs to take over as chairman. Doesn't fix the investment but we might be able to get more out of what we've got, and possibly generate more of our own revenue.

But how does that criticism filter through if it doesn’t come from the fan base? We’re the only thing with any semblance of voice for him to be vaguely concerned about.

The funniest thing of all... on 19:13 - Jan 5 with 3210 viewsrosseden

just google Marcus Evans business interests and what they are associated to. I dont think he will give a tiny spec of sh1te about any bad publicity to the ME 'brand'

His club and he plugs the gap, anyone who mixes in his circles knows how he runs the club and they likely support it. Its no different to Mike Ashley at Newcastle - they can whinge all they want about his percieved lack of investment, but he just keeping making cash in other businesses.....

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1542327/Lib-Dems-cash-in-on-arms-trade-l

https://www.independent.ie/business/irish/olympic-ticketing-scandal-who-is-marcu

Poll: can the majority of twtd users count?
Blog: [Blog] To Deal or Not to Deal, That is the Question?

The funniest thing of all... on 19:15 - Jan 5 with 3180 viewsBurwell_Blue

The funniest thing of all... on 18:48 - Jan 5 by LankHenners

Evans' under-investment and poor decision making/half-@rsed approach finally reaching its inevitable conclusion because Hurst was so bloody useless is what's got us here.

The Utopian fix is some mega rich guy comes in and splashes the cash with a good manager (Lambert) in charge and we rocket our way back and beyond. For now it's just hoping we can muddle through somehow with a good manager conjuring up a miracle season like Mick very nearly did.

His decision making has been to bring in experienced football manager to run his club on his behalf.

Just looks like a run of bad luck to me.
The funniest thing of all... on 19:16 - Jan 5 with 3175 viewsJDB23

Whilst I vaguely agree, I'm not sure what it will actually achieve.

It's not like protesting against a manager where he is easily replaced. Newcastle fans have been relentless in their hate and criticism for Ashley for what feels like a decade now, but who is still their owner? He's even publicly stated the club is for sale but no one has matched his price.
I feel like the fans are entitled to vent their frustration, but I wouldn't expect it to make any difference to the situation.
The funniest thing of all... on 19:16 - Jan 5 with 3168 viewsjontysnut

Yawn.

Blub.

Which five year plan are we on now? I assume there is one.
The funniest thing of all... on 19:18 - Jan 5 with 3145 viewsBurwell_Blue

The funniest thing of all... on 19:16 - Jan 5 by jontysnut

Which five year plan are we on now? I assume there is one.

Yep. The one that is “keep paying the bills to stop the club going bust” plan.
The funniest thing of all... on 19:18 - Jan 5 with 3143 viewsmrshallisfit

Yawn.

Blub.

Ah Burwell Blue. The essence of cretin.
The funniest thing of all... on 19:22 - Jan 5 with 3114 viewsRegencyBlue

The funniest thing of all... on 19:15 - Jan 5 by Burwell_Blue

His decision making has been to bring in experienced football manager to run his club on his behalf.

Just looks like a run of bad luck to me.

I really don’t know where to start with this!

I was going to list all of Evans questionable decisions, on and off the pitch, over the years but I really cannot be bothered.

There are none so blind as those who will not see!
The funniest thing of all... on 19:24 - Jan 5 with 3099 viewsBurwell_Blue

The funniest thing of all... on 19:22 - Jan 5 by RegencyBlue

I really don’t know where to start with this!

I was going to list all of Evans questionable decisions, on and off the pitch, over the years but I really cannot be bothered.

There are none so blind as those who will not see!

List all the decisions you know for a fact that he made himself and we can discuss them.
The funniest thing of all... on 19:27 - Jan 5 with 3063 viewsHARRY10

Yawn.

Blub.

How dare someone question the ever so competent Marcus Evans.

Supporters should followBurwell's lead and know their place and touch their forelock... be grateful for Evans saving us from

........ relegation

Yes that's it, relegation.

Doff your cap and be 'umble, as Burwell is.
The funniest thing of all... on 19:31 - Jan 5 with 3031 viewsHARRY10

The funniest thing of all... on 19:18 - Jan 5 by Burwell_Blue

Apart from any bills that might include maintaining the stadium to an acceptable standard or hiring decent coaching staff.

Or the bills for a Cat 1 academy, enough staff on matchdays, or a decent grounds man and the cost of a decent pitch.

But then, it is not our place to question the likes of Marcus Evans. We should just bow and scrape and accept whatever crumbs fall our way.
The funniest thing of all... on 19:34 - Jan 5 with 3010 viewsBurwell_Blue

The funniest thing of all... on 19:31 - Jan 5 by HARRY10

Apart from any bills that might include maintaining the stadium to an acceptable standard or hiring decent coaching staff.

Or the bills for a Cat 1 academy, enough staff on matchdays, or a decent grounds man and the cost of a decent pitch.

But then, it is not our place to question the likes of Marcus Evans. We should just bow and scrape and accept whatever crumbs fall our way.

You could buy the club yourself? Or perhaps offer to help him out with your vast management experience of running a multi million pound turnover company.

Oh.
The funniest thing of all... on 19:37 - Jan 5 with 2989 viewsKeaneish

The funniest thing of all... on 19:18 - Jan 5 by Burwell_Blue

That will never happen. The community and social responsibility alone will keep the club going long after Evans.

The funniest thing of all... on 19:39 - Jan 5 with 2968 viewsBurwell_Blue

The funniest thing of all... on 19:37 - Jan 5 by Keaneish

That will never happen. The community and social responsibility alone will keep the club going long after Evans.

Where will the funds come from?
The funniest thing of all... on 19:40 - Jan 5 with 2961 viewsmrshallisfit

The funniest thing of all... on 19:34 - Jan 5 by Burwell_Blue

You could buy the club yourself? Or perhaps offer to help him out with your vast management experience of running a multi million pound turnover company.

Oh.

I cant believe you really care either way about the current plight of the club. And then to come out with the tired argument....Oh why don't you buy the club out. If that is the best you can do don't bother coming on the board at all. I'm sure you won't be missed.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024