Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lot of threads on Spence and the corner 19:51 - Jan 1 with 6776 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Is no one going to mention Pennington's back pass?

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Lot of threads on Spence and the corner on 08:50 - Jan 2 with 1696 viewsMaySixth

or the foul on Gerken

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

Lot of threads on Spence and the corner on 08:53 - Jan 2 with 1693 viewsSomethingBlue

Lot of threads on Spence and the corner on 08:44 - Jan 2 by Steve_M

He had a really good first half too yesterday, but the inexperience shows over the full match.

Yes he has some good attributes but is just costing us too dearly. I'd go as far as playing Nsiala ahead of him currently, we really need some aggression back there.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Lot of threads on Spence and the corner on 08:56 - Jan 2 with 1688 viewsSomethingBlue

Lot of threads on Spence and the corner on 08:46 - Jan 2 by chicoazul

Think we could see 2 centre halves coming in this window, all being well. I like Chambo as much as the next man but he has been creaking for a year or so now.

Chambers will (and should) stay in the team right now but we definitely need to start thinking of a succession, yes. Difficult at the moment as it's so hard to tell whether what is happening at the moment is genuinely for the long term or not.

Lot of threads on Spence and the corner on 09:00 - Jan 2 with 1680 viewschicoazul

Lot of threads on Spence and the corner on 08:56 - Jan 2 by SomethingBlue

Chambers will (and should) stay in the team right now but we definitely need to start thinking of a succession, yes. Difficult at the moment as it's so hard to tell whether what is happening at the moment is genuinely for the long term or not.

Think I am right in saying that any players signed permanently in this window will have to have their salaries fall into line with the League 1 restrictions when the worst comes to pass so if we do see any come in on perm deals they will only be youngsters. Fully expect to see 5 or 6 loans come in. The focus can only be on short term.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Lot of threads on Spence and the corner on 09:04 - Jan 2 with 1672 viewsSomethingBlue

Lot of threads on Spence and the corner on 09:00 - Jan 2 by chicoazul

Think I am right in saying that any players signed permanently in this window will have to have their salaries fall into line with the League 1 restrictions when the worst comes to pass so if we do see any come in on perm deals they will only be youngsters. Fully expect to see 5 or 6 loans come in. The focus can only be on short term.

Or, as someone pointed out the other day, a Gleeson or two who have been paid up by their current club and fancy a six-month gig. Hope we do shake things up as Lambert wants because, while it is looking unlikely, just two wins in a row would change things.

Lot of threads on Spence and the corner on 09:05 - Jan 2 with 1670 viewsReuser_is_God

Lot of threads on Spence and the corner on 08:50 - Jan 2 by MaySixth

or the foul on Gerken

For the third goal?

He won the ball.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Lot of threads on Spence and the corner on 09:33 - Jan 2 with 1641 viewsHerbivore

Lot of threads on Spence and the corner on 09:05 - Jan 2 by Reuser_is_God

For the third goal?

He won the ball.

Watch it again, the follow through is knee high and he completely takes Gerken out. We've had players sent off for less this season.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Lot of threads on Spence and the corner on 09:51 - Jan 2 with 1634 viewsLankHenners

Lot of threads on Spence and the corner on 08:11 - Jan 2 by Steve_M

No pressure on the player outside the box who put that ball in either. We never recovered from the equaliser, had we kept a one goal deficit then we might have got a point.

Incredibly frustrating.

Added to the frustration (not that it really matters now) that the whole thing started when the ref bizarrely decided to give them a free kick because Downes made a great sliding challenge and won the ball.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Login to get fewer ads

Lot of threads on Spence and the corner on 09:53 - Jan 2 with 1625 viewsWhymarkmariner

Lot of threads on Spence and the corner on 22:58 - Jan 1 by The_Last_Baron

All of our back five are poor. It's the major reason why we are bottom.

I guarantee you that next season none will be in the starting 11.

I have to take you to task on this. Yes, your right the back 4/5 are making stupid mistakes, but midfielders aren't controlling the midfield and forwards aren't putting away chances. Basically it's the whole team. But then, when your relying on a midfield of youngsters you can't really blame them and forward wise apart from Sears, who now seems to have dropped back into his non scoring spell, you are relying on a couple of league one strikers. Defensive wise and I'm not jumping on the Spence bandwagon, he's been poor for a long time, Knudsen wanted out as soon as Hurst came in, Chambers relies on his partner and Pennington isn't as good as the loan guy we had from Tottenham. Goalie wise Gerken's nowhere near as good as Bart. But Bart's completely out of form for whatever reason. It all adds up to League One. I agree with those that say we should at least be seriously looking at next season.
Lot of threads on Spence and the corner on 09:55 - Jan 2 with 1610 viewschicoazul

Lot of threads on Spence and the corner on 09:04 - Jan 2 by SomethingBlue

Or, as someone pointed out the other day, a Gleeson or two who have been paid up by their current club and fancy a six-month gig. Hope we do shake things up as Lambert wants because, while it is looking unlikely, just two wins in a row would change things.

Oh yes good shout. Do we see many of those types about?

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

Lot of threads on Spence and the corner on 09:56 - Jan 2 with 1607 viewsTIB

Lot of threads on Spence and the corner on 08:35 - Jan 2 by SomethingBlue

Pennington reliably costs us a goal a game and needs upgrading on as a priority.

Glad to see I'm not the only one who thinks he's a liability. As someone else said, drop him and play our own (Nsiala).

Poll: How much did you actually think Mick would spend in January?

Lot of threads on Spence and the corner on 10:01 - Jan 2 with 1591 viewsSomethingBlue

Lot of threads on Spence and the corner on 09:55 - Jan 2 by chicoazul

Oh yes good shout. Do we see many of those types about?

Not really although they do tend to come out of the blue if someone's been out in the cold and wants to get something else done quickly.

Lot of threads on Spence and the corner on 10:03 - Jan 2 with 1586 viewschicoazul

Lot of threads on Spence and the corner on 10:01 - Jan 2 by SomethingBlue

Not really although they do tend to come out of the blue if someone's been out in the cold and wants to get something else done quickly.

Long as it's not Nigel Reo Coker then Chico will be happy.

EDIT; Anyone know if Darren Bent is fit-ish?
[Post edited 2 Jan 2019 10:08]

Lot of threads on Spence and the corner on 10:03 - Jan 2 with 1586 viewsMullet

Lot of threads on Spence and the corner on 10:01 - Jan 2 by SomethingBlue

Especially if they are in a similar position to say Huws and Adeyemi but at a club where they won't get in again.

Did start trying to look for such players but it's an impossible task!

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Lot of threads on Spence and the corner on 10:50 - Jan 2 with 1544 viewsGooders7592

Lot of threads on Spence and the corner on 21:01 - Jan 1 by Basuco

I would add that neither Gerken or any other player shouted to Spence to clear the ball, even the Millwall players did not expect a corner.

Not true.

Gerken was shouting at Spence and put his head in his hands as soon as Spence let it run out (before the ref gave the corner).
Lot of threads on Spence and the corner on 11:08 - Jan 2 with 1522 viewsNo9

Lot of threads on Spence and the corner on 21:27 - Jan 1 by LankHenners

We really are awful at defending balls hit from any sort of angle into our box aren’t we? When the second ball came back in there were about 5 Millwall players free waiting to nod it in.

Indeed, Millwall had plenty of unmarked players to more or less do what they liked No.20 at the corner of the 18 yard box unmarked lobbed it to 19 in the box unmarked headed to No 5 who headed in, Gerken made no attempt to take charge of his 6 yard box.
The 3rd one was another cluster, Pennington ran out to take on their bloke down in Town's left corner - look at what Kenlock does = spectator, Gerken too slow to move, Pennington obviously thought gerken was there to assist.
Lest not talk about the penalty.
The defnders don't trust the GK who has very poor positional play and even worse ability to command his 6 yard box & he doesn't trust the defenders.
That has to change.
If Bart's confidence can't be restored a new GK is essential & you can see why PL wants a LB
Village green stuff
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024