Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
David McGoldrick 20:55 - Nov 27 with 5234 viewsRAH4

Good to see him playing so often this season. A remarkable return to fitness.
Do they have Merlin on the physio staff at Bramall Lane ?
David McGoldrick on 20:59 - Nov 27 with 4634 viewscobbler

Maybe just maybe he took us for a ride.
David McGoldrick on 21:51 - Nov 27 with 4513 viewsfloridaboy

David McGoldrick on 20:59 - Nov 27 by cobbler

My thoughts exactly!!
David McGoldrick on 21:53 - Nov 27 with 4508 viewsBloomBlue

He wasn't interested in playing for us last season
David McGoldrick on 21:58 - Nov 27 with 4485 viewsm14_blue

Sod’s Law.

I’m happy for him, long may it continue.

All the arsey comments seem pretty unnecessary to me. Nothing to suggest he ever gave less than 100% for town.
David McGoldrick on 22:03 - Nov 27 with 4473 viewsSomethingBlue

David McGoldrick on 21:53 - Nov 27 by BloomBlue

He wasn't interested in playing for us last season

Yes, exactly the thought going through my head when Loovens attempted to castrate him was "he's not interested".

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

David McGoldrick on 22:07 - Nov 27 with 4452 viewsJonnosdreadlocks

Class act, shame he was rarely fit for us.

Poll: An English Anthem. Wales and Scotland use their own what should England use?

David McGoldrick on 22:08 - Nov 27 with 4445 viewssparks

David McGoldrick on 22:03 - Nov 27 by SomethingBlue

Yes, exactly the thought going through my head when Loovens attempted to castrate him was "he's not interested".

I dont think that incident tells us anything about his mindset.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

David McGoldrick on 22:16 - Nov 27 with 4408 viewsSomethingBlue

David McGoldrick on 22:08 - Nov 27 by sparks

No but it does explain a lot of his subsequent fitness issues, which sadly struck after a fine start to the season. Hope this helps.

Login to get fewer ads

David McGoldrick on 22:31 - Nov 27 with 4343 viewssparks

David McGoldrick on 22:16 - Nov 27 by SomethingBlue

No but it does explain a lot of his subsequent fitness issues, which sadly struck after a fine start to the season. Hope this helps.

It doesnt really, given the history of constant phsyical fitness issues over many years.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)

David McGoldrick on 22:33 - Nov 27 with 4333 viewsSomethingBlue

David McGoldrick on 22:31 - Nov 27 by sparks

It doesnt really, given the history of constant phsyical fitness issues over many years.

So we are agreed that there is no discussion to be had about his mindset based on the available evidence.

David McGoldrick on 22:48 - Nov 27 with 4280 viewssparks

David McGoldrick on 22:33 - Nov 27 by SomethingBlue

So we are agreed that there is no discussion to be had about his mindset based on the available evidence.

Yup. Notably, only one of us sought to suggest that the incident was relevant to what has been said in this thread.

Night night SB
[Post edited 27 Nov 2018 22:48]

David McGoldrick on 23:15 - Nov 27 with 4212 viewsCoastalblue

David McGoldrick on 21:58 - Nov 27 by m14_blue

Sod’s Law.

I’m happy for him, long may it continue.

All the arsey comments seem pretty unnecessary to me. Nothing to suggest he ever gave less than 100% for town.

Whilst I don't think he would have feinged injury or fitness issues and believe he did have genuine problems he didn't actually look like he was willing to bust a gut when he was playing in his last few games for us.

Maybe it was subconcious but in my opinion the same level of commitment wasn't there toward the end.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

David McGoldrick on 00:10 - Nov 28 with 4153 viewsVemundBreakfastSkard

David McGoldrick on 20:59 - Nov 27 by cobbler

What an odd thing to say.
David McGoldrick on 07:52 - Nov 28 with 3941 viewssouthnorfolkblue

Probably didn’t help that he was spending 5 hours every day in his car getting to training. Sheffield is much closer to where he lives.

I always thought that Keane was just being awkward when he wanted players to live close to the Club but it would appeal that he had a point.

Poll: Our final position

David McGoldrick on 07:55 - Nov 28 with 3936 viewsSteve_M

David McGoldrick on 22:08 - Nov 27 by sparks

What about the eight goals he had scored for us, on top of consistently good performances, by this time last season then?

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

David McGoldrick on 08:00 - Nov 28 with 3924 viewsHerbivore

Yep, he threw his groin into that challenge, looking for an easy way out.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

David McGoldrick on 08:58 - Nov 28 with 3844 viewsJimmyJazz

Sheff Utd managing his fitness a lot better than we did?

I heard somewhere he hardly trains, so they keep him wrapped up in cotton wool

Poll: If we could perm sign just one, which would it be?
Blog: Top Championship Teams?

David McGoldrick on 09:07 - Nov 28 with 3825 viewsJammyDodgerrr

Didn't MM say something that he had fitness issues because it wasn't helped by getting the train all the time from Notts? Swear i saw an interview somewhere...

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

David McGoldrick on 09:08 - Nov 28 with 3821 viewsbraveblue

Maybe they know what they are doing.
David McGoldrick on 09:10 - Nov 28 with 3815 viewsrickw

He played some of every season for us - he hasn't completed a full season for them yet!!

Poll: Of the Non Favourites for ITFC managers job who would you prefer
Blog: Reasons for Relegation

David McGoldrick on 09:12 - Nov 28 with 3807 viewsSomethingBlue

David McGoldrick on 22:48 - Nov 27 by sparks

Yup. Notably, only one of us sought to suggest that the incident was relevant to what has been said in this thread.

Night night SB
[Post edited 27 Nov 2018 22:48]

That's because it was. Odd fight for you to pick, not that it's ever stopped you!

David McGoldrick on 09:23 - Nov 28 with 3786 viewsITFC_Forever

Ridiculous.

McG would often get runs of games where he was fit and fine - he wasn't injured all the time, but when he was injured, it was long-term.

He had 8 goals and was playing well until Loovens' awful challenge last season and would usually make it past Christmas (playing well) before he got injured.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

David McGoldrick on 10:44 - Nov 28 with 3681 viewsCBMTOBWMMBG

David McGoldrick on 09:23 - Nov 28 by ITFC_Forever

Ridiculous.

McG would often get runs of games where he was fit and fine - he wasn't injured all the time, but when he was injured, it was long-term.

He had 8 goals and was playing well until Loovens' awful challenge last season and would usually make it past Christmas (playing well) before he got injured.

Totally agree.

In summary, with zero evidence, a number of posters suggest David McGoldrick had a bad attitude and/or faked injuries. Pathetic comments.

I'm delighted he is fit and playing (wish it was for us).

As I'll be equally delighted if any player who suffers constant injuries - which must be SO awful if you are a footballer and have dedicated your life and career to the game - gets back to playing regularly and well.
David McGoldrick on 10:48 - Nov 28 with 3669 viewsLeagueOne

He was always targeted when he played for us as he, along with Bish, were two of our only luxury players and the game changers. People celebrated when Didz was sent packing, but the people who have replaced him aren't even half as good as he ever was, hence why we're bottom and have won 1 game all season. So what do these fans know?

It's time to make the best of it.
Poll: Would you leave TWTD if political threads were banned?

David McGoldrick on 11:11 - Nov 28 with 3617 viewsfarkenhell

David McGoldrick on 10:48 - Nov 28 by LeagueOne

He was always targeted when he played for us as he, along with Bish, were two of our only luxury players and the game changers. People celebrated when Didz was sent packing, but the people who have replaced him aren't even half as good as he ever was, hence why we're bottom and have won 1 game all season. So what do these fans know?

I don't think he was sent packing, was he? Wasn't it the case that he didn't turn up for pre-season training, but he then appeared at Sheff Utd (and subsequently secured a contract there)? Or am I thinking of someone else?

Also, I can't recall anyone celebrating, but then yet again I might be wrong. Memory starts playing tricks when you get to my age!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024