Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Barts "disrespectful" comments... 21:12 - Nov 22 with 3581 viewsolimar

Having just commented publicly on the way the previous manager was disrespectful (justifiably it seems), isnt it then also disrespectful to imply that there were reasons for his early season form that he isnt prepared to talk about, but will "definitely tell the whole story at some point"?
It clearly implies further issues with the previous management, but in not saying what they are, it leaves it open to inevitably negative assumptions by fans.

He could have just said nothing at all. Instead, it strikes me as a little disrespectful to put a suggestion out there and leave it to social media to fill the gaps.
Barts "disrespectful" comments... on 21:20 - Nov 22 with 3517 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Could have all been swept under the carpet if PH had pulled Bart to one side in the beginning and carried out some man-management skills properly, PH started this nonsense unfortunately.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Barts "disrespectful" comments... on 21:23 - Nov 22 with 3499 viewsolimar

Barts "disrespectful" comments... on 21:20 - Nov 22 by TheTrueBlue1878

Could have all been swept under the carpet if PH had pulled Bart to one side in the beginning and carried out some man-management skills properly, PH started this nonsense unfortunately.

Yeah, but Bart its not really supposed to be a "disrespectful competition".

Bart has basically gone "So, he was really disrespectful, he did this to me" "Yeah, ok, that does seem a bit disrespectful". "Also, some other stuff happened that probably made me play really badly. That might have been to do with him too. Anyway, Ive got to go, cant really say too much right now, seeya".
Barts "disrespectful" comments... on 21:30 - Nov 22 with 3453 viewsGluedtoBlue

Yeah, except PH was disrespecting members of his club. A club that is supposed to pull in the same direction.

Bart has zero need to respect PH.

Also, if PH thinks Bart comments are disrespectful may I suggest he considers this....

You earn respect.

Poll: Who do you hate the most?

Barts "disrespectful" comments... on 21:31 - Nov 22 with 3451 viewsJakeITFC

More respectful to be cagey than spill the beans imo, especially as Hurst is out looking for a new job.

It’s a difficult question to answer really - he’s got to defend himself.
Barts "disrespectful" comments... on 21:33 - Nov 22 with 3440 viewsNthsuffolkblue

That depends. To me the obvious reasons would be personal ones for him rather than between him and the manager.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Barts "disrespectful" comments... on 21:55 - Nov 22 with 3361 viewsolimar

Barts "disrespectful" comments... on 21:30 - Nov 22 by GluedtoBlue

Yeah, except PH was disrespecting members of his club. A club that is supposed to pull in the same direction.

Bart has zero need to respect PH.

Also, if PH thinks Bart comments are disrespectful may I suggest he considers this....

You earn respect.

Do you think PH respects Bart for alluding to "other issues" with his management? Issues that may or may not be there, but cant be defended because they havent been revealed?
Barts "disrespectful" comments... on 21:56 - Nov 22 with 3355 viewsolimar

Barts "disrespectful" comments... on 21:33 - Nov 22 by Nthsuffolkblue

That depends. To me the obvious reasons would be personal ones for him rather than between him and the manager.

"Asked if he was referring to personal issues, he replied: “No, not personal, but like I said I don’t want to talk about it for now.""
Barts "disrespectful" comments... on 22:00 - Nov 22 with 3340 viewsolimar

Barts "disrespectful" comments... on 21:31 - Nov 22 by JakeITFC

More respectful to be cagey than spill the beans imo, especially as Hurst is out looking for a new job.

"Do you have an explanation for your poor early season form?"
"I had confidence in my ability, I just needed to keep working hard in training blah blah etc".

Just say you werent playing well, or even that you thought you were doing ok, but worked harder, classic standard answers.
Instead he chose to allude to other issues, which were not personal, then leaving it with "one day you will definitely hear the story".
Its a very leading point to make and its fairly evident he was referring to the management- and if he isnt, weve all assumed he was.
Login to get fewer ads

Barts "disrespectful" comments... on 22:02 - Nov 22 with 3342 viewsBlueBadger

Or, it could just be something personal that is still ongoing and it's none of our business at the moment?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What would be the funniest relegation on Saturday
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Barts "disrespectful" comments... on 22:10 - Nov 22 with 3309 viewsPJH

Barts "disrespectful" comments... on 22:02 - Nov 22 by BlueBadger

Or, it could just be something personal that is still ongoing and it's none of our business at the moment?

If it is something personal then really it is none of our business,ever.

There has got to be a reason or reasons why Bart has gone from being a very good keeper for about two and a half years to a pretty ordinary keeper for the last four months, if it or they are something to do with the club or someone that has been at the club then maybe it is our business but if it or they are something to do with away from the club then I don't think it is our business.
Barts on 22:17 - Nov 22 with 3281 viewsSitfcB

Barts "disrespectful" comments... on 22:02 - Nov 22 by BlueBadger

Yes but literally everything anyone says has to be over analysed.
[Post edited 22 Nov 2018 22:18]

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Barts "disrespectful" comments... on 22:25 - Nov 22 with 3230 viewsVic

I don’t really see that he’s being disrespectful to Hurst. He’s no longer Barts manager and from all accounts did nothing to earn or deserve the respect of the players. On the contrary it’s becoming apparent that he really had no respect for them. So for me it’s fine for Bart to say there were other issues, and quite controlled not to say what they were. I suspect it’s becuase they weren’t all about Hurst, and may involve others still at the club.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Barts "disrespectful" comments... on 22:26 - Nov 22 with 3230 viewsolimar

Barts "disrespectful" comments... on 22:10 - Nov 22 by PJH

If it is something personal then really it is none of our business,ever.

There has got to be a reason or reasons why Bart has gone from being a very good keeper for about two and a half years to a pretty ordinary keeper for the last four months, if it or they are something to do with the club or someone that has been at the club then maybe it is our business but if it or they are something to do with away from the club then I don't think it is our business.

He specifically said it wasnt personal.

My main point was that he could easily have said nothing. By commenting at all, it left a question mark.
Barts "disrespectful" comments... on 22:30 - Nov 22 with 3209 viewsJakeITFC

Barts "disrespectful" comments... on 22:00 - Nov 22 by olimar

"Do you have an explanation for your poor early season form?"
"I had confidence in my ability, I just needed to keep working hard in training blah blah etc".

Just say you werent playing well, or even that you thought you were doing ok, but worked harder, classic standard answers.
Instead he chose to allude to other issues, which were not personal, then leaving it with "one day you will definitely hear the story".
Its a very leading point to make and its fairly evident he was referring to the management- and if he isnt, weve all assumed he was.

But if your performance was affected by external factors, wouldn’t you want to distance yourself from them rather than damaging your own stock?
Barts "disrespectful" comments... on 22:30 - Nov 22 with 3210 viewsMullet

Barts "disrespectful" comments... on 22:26 - Nov 22 by olimar

He specifically said it wasnt personal.

My main point was that he could easily have said nothing. By commenting at all, it left a question mark.

Given how he treated Bart and allowed Doig to, let alone the rest of the squad, fcuk them both. They managed to be worse than Jewell. Something no one ever looked likely to do.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Barts on 01:56 - Nov 23 with 2968 viewsGarv

Two things for me...

A) Why say anything about possible reasons for early season form? Why not just admit he wasn't doing great, which he did, and say he's now hoping his form improves?

B) He's being naive if he thinks every manager he ever has will, or should necessarily, behave in the same way Mick McCarthy did. He wasn't playing well, he got dropped for an understudy who has waited patiently and trained well. Why should he get a personal one to one with reasons outlining the decision? He was in bad form, there's his explanation. An outfield player wouldn't automatically get that treatment. Yes he was number one for a long time but the point still stands.

If Hurst and Doig treated him badly beyond that episode then that's a different story.
[Post edited 23 Nov 2018 2:15]

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Barts "disrespectful" comments... on 05:55 - Nov 23 with 2834 viewstiptreeblue

Barts "disrespectful" comments... on 21:31 - Nov 22 by JakeITFC

The trouble is, it`s normally the way to blame somebody else if things aren`t going well. So many people find it easy to do this instead of looking at themselves.
Barts "disrespectful" comments... on 08:29 - Nov 23 with 2630 viewsartsbossbeard

I believe his issue (one of at least) is covered in the other "disrespect" thread.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Barts on 08:31 - Nov 23 with 2621 viewsBlueBadger

Barts on 22:17 - Nov 22 by SitfcB

Yes but literally everything anyone says has to be over analysed.
[Post edited 22 Nov 2018 22:18]

What exactly did you mean by 'over'?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Barts "disrespectful" comments... on 08:32 - Nov 23 with 2617 viewsBlueBadger

Barts "disrespectful" comments... on 22:30 - Nov 22 by Mullet

Given how he treated Bart and allowed Doig to, let alone the rest of the squad, fcuk them both. They managed to be worse than Jewell. Something no one ever looked likely to do.

He's definitely 2nd work eTown manager now, after The Famous One.

Barts "disrespectful" comments... on 08:33 - Nov 23 with 2613 viewsMullet

Barts "disrespectful" comments... on 08:32 - Nov 23 by BlueBadger

He's definitely 2nd work eTown manager now, after The Famous One.

Jewell's not that famous. I guess Milburn is/was

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Barts on 08:35 - Nov 23 with 2605 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Barts on 01:56 - Nov 23 by Garv

Two things for me...

A) Why say anything about possible reasons for early season form? Why not just admit he wasn't doing great, which he did, and say he's now hoping his form improves?

B) He's being naive if he thinks every manager he ever has will, or should necessarily, behave in the same way Mick McCarthy did. He wasn't playing well, he got dropped for an understudy who has waited patiently and trained well. Why should he get a personal one to one with reasons outlining the decision? He was in bad form, there's his explanation. An outfield player wouldn't automatically get that treatment. Yes he was number one for a long time but the point still stands.

If Hurst and Doig treated him badly beyond that episode then that's a different story.
[Post edited 23 Nov 2018 2:15]

Outfield players should get that treatment too, it’s basic man management

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Barts "disrespectful" comments... on 08:36 - Nov 23 with 2602 viewsKieran_Knows

Paul Hurst didn't know what he was doing, pass it on.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024