Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Barts positional sense is utter pants !!! 17:52 - Nov 3 with 3096 viewsArnieM

He lines HIS wall up for their free kick. Then stands behind it ffs!!

The whole of one side of the goal was “open”. Bloody clueless. What an easy goal they had there. This is not he first tine he’s done this either. Ffs he’s supposed to be an International GK!

Big hey ho ... Barts the dogs bollox to many on here!!

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Barts positional sense is utter pants !!! on 17:53 - Nov 3 with 3088 viewsSuperblue95

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Barts positional sense is utter pants !!! on 18:06 - Nov 3 with 3020 viewsyocal_lad

A) the free kick was in the middle ish of goal
B) it went the wall side if anything
C) it was always a very good place for a fk and Gallagher is quality...

Quit the negativity?
Barts positional sense is utter pants !!! on 18:09 - Nov 3 with 3006 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

The free kick was positioned beautifully for the best deadfall taker in the league. If he stood to one side he would have lifted easily over the wall and floated into the other. Was a complete lose lose for Bart.
I was more frustrated with Edwards for giving away the foul for just clattering into his man.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Barts positional sense is utter pants !!! on 18:12 - Nov 3 with 2984 viewswkj

If you are gonna gripe at Bart, at least gripe about his biggest flaw, distribution. I hope Lambert, and Evans, gets a first team GK coach in, and soon - Bart was much better when he worked with MW.

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Barts positional sense is utter pants !!! on 20:23 - Nov 3 with 2806 viewsPJH

Barts positional sense is utter pants !!! on 18:12 - Nov 3 by wkj

If you are gonna gripe at Bart, at least gripe about his biggest flaw, distribution. I hope Lambert, and Evans, gets a first team GK coach in, and soon - Bart was much better when he worked with MW.

Malcolm Webster retiring seems the most logical reason for Bart's lack of confidence this season because he has gone from arguably being the best keeper in the division to possibly not being the best keeper at ITFC on current form.
I think that he has had more average to poor games this season than he had in total in the last two seasons.
He has played eight League games and in my opinion he only had one good one(Villa).

I am not putting today's goal down to him entirely because as has been said Gallagher is a top free kick taker but I think Bart should have made it harder for him to score.
Barts positional sense is utter pants !!! on 20:32 - Nov 3 with 2772 viewsRobTheMonk

He's not been right. Even the save he made in the first half he didn't push it away from goal. Unless he finds form again it really wouldn't suprise me if Lambert looked to bring in another keeper in January.
Barts positional sense is utter pants !!! on 21:36 - Nov 3 with 2628 viewsArnieM

Barts positional sense is utter pants !!! on 18:12 - Nov 3 by wkj

Funny you should mention that because me and my mate were talking about his crap distribution too. I think he may have been advised to kick the ball up the park more infield than he normally goes , since he usually kicks them into touch.

As for the free kick leading their goal. We were stood central SBR in line it’s the free kick . As you say perfectly placed for a good dead ball kicker. Bart couldn’t be seen because he was behind his wall which he had lined up to cover the right side of his goal ( viewing from SBR stand) leaving the whole of the left side of the goal open. It was clear where the ball was going to be placed, but Bart has left himself far to much work to do because he was covering the same area as his wall. Very poor!

Barts positional sense is utter pants !!! on 21:38 - Nov 3 with 2620 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Barts positional sense is utter pants !!! on 18:06 - Nov 3 by yocal_lad

Quit the negativity?

I am no expert but having seen it on SSN I would say the main fault lies with Chambers/Knudsen/whoever it is who is muscled away to allow the ball to go through the gap created alongside the wall. That and the ref for not giving it as a foul.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Login to get fewer ads

Barts positional sense is utter pants !!! on 21:38 - Nov 3 with 2618 viewsArnieM

Barts positional sense is utter pants !!! on 20:32 - Nov 3 by RobTheMonk

He's not been right. Even the save he made in the first half he didn't push it away from goal. Unless he finds form again it really wouldn't suprise me if Lambert looked to bring in another keeper in January.

Hopefully he’ll sell him , if anyone actually comes in for him of course!

Barts positional sense is utter pants !!! on 21:53 - Nov 3 with 2569 viewsPremierBlue

Should simply have put a man in the other corner of the goal in this instance.
Barts positional sense is utter pants !!! on 22:26 - Nov 3 with 2512 viewsArnieM

Barts positional sense is utter pants !!! on 18:06 - Nov 3 by yocal_lad

Quit the negativity?

Stuart Watson’s comments ....

“ Set-pieces

The set-piece equaliser wasn’t great; a cleverly disguised strike, but a poorly positioned wall.

That means half of the 26 goals conceded this season have come either directly or indirectly from dead ball situations.“

Barts positional sense is utter pants !!! on 22:34 - Nov 3 with 2492 viewsEireannach_gorm

Barts positional sense is utter pants !!! on 21:38 - Nov 3 by Nthsuffolkblue

I am no expert but having seen it on SSN I would say the main fault lies with Chambers/Knudsen/whoever it is who is muscled away to allow the ball to go through the gap created alongside the wall. That and the ref for not giving it as a foul.

This.

Whoever thinks Bart is our problem is clearly on some hallucinogenic. While he clearly has had a loss of form and his distribution has never been great , he certainly was not at fault for the goal. A PNE player at the end of the wall clearly barges it to one side and Gallagher smacks it through the gap. Whatever about goalkeeper being coached maybe the whole defence should practice defending set pieces a bit more.
Barts positional sense is utter pants !!! on 23:48 - Nov 3 with 2403 viewsthatdamgood89

Barts positional sense is utter pants !!! on 22:34 - Nov 3 by Eireannach_gorm

This.

Whoever thinks Bart is our problem is clearly on some hallucinogenic. While he clearly has had a loss of form and his distribution has never been great , he certainly was not at fault for the goal. A PNE player at the end of the wall clearly barges it to one side and Gallagher smacks it through the gap. Whatever about goalkeeper being coached maybe the whole defence should practice defending set pieces a bit more.

Sometimes you just gotta throw your hands up in the air and say well played. It was a well worked free kick with the man in the wall doing his job. Sadly we then couldn’t get a second when we absolutely deserved to

Hey :) Please check out my Ipswich Town F.C podcast 'Talk Of The Town' https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPhPy_79sSvPSugh32vN8qg?view_as=subscriber Available every Wednesday on; YouTube Spotify Buzzsrpout Google Podcasts Itune Podcasts

Barts positional sense is utter pants !!! on 06:52 - Nov 4 with 2302 viewsEly_Blue

I watched the goal back on the highlights because it was my opinion that for the ball to have gone round the outside of the wall there that he must have not lined it up correctly, however if you watch it again you will see the Preston player take (Chambers I think) off the end of the wall thus creating the space for the shot

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

Barts positional sense is utter pants !!! on 06:54 - Nov 4 with 2295 viewsEly_Blue

Barts positional sense is utter pants !!! on 21:38 - Nov 3 by Nthsuffolkblue

I noticed that too, didn’t think about it at the time as I just thought it was a poorly lined up wall

Barts positional sense is utter pants !!! on 07:42 - Nov 4 with 2221 viewsbraveblue

Barts positional sense is utter pants !!! on 06:52 - Nov 4 by Ely_Blue

I watched the goal back on the highlights because it was my opinion that for the ball to have gone round the outside of the wall there that he must have not lined it up correctly, however if you watch it again you will see the Preston player take (Chambers I think) off the end of the wall thus creating the space for the shot

Surely not another goal due to a fault by Captain Marvel. Reading posts last week you would not know that he had cost us so many goals in the last few weeks.
Barts positional sense is utter pants !!! on 08:40 - Nov 4 with 2148 viewsEly_Blue

Barts positional sense is utter pants !!! on 07:42 - Nov 4 by braveblue

Surely not another goal due to a fault by Captain Marvel. Reading posts last week you would not know that he had cost us so many goals in the last few weeks.

Really? Come on how the hell you could say a foul on the guy on the end of the wall is his fault for conceding the goal is beyond me!

Get a grip and get behind the team

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024