Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This is an odd story: a Russian building rather a lot on a Finnish island 13:41 - Nov 1 with 3062 viewsSteve_M

Very odd.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/31/world/europe/sakkiluoto-finland-russian-milit

And google says it's this place:

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/S%C3%A4ckilot/@60.2796403,21.763763,1010m/da

[Post edited 1 Nov 2018 13:54]

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

This is an odd story: a Russian building rather a lot on a Finish island on 13:49 - Nov 1 with 3039 viewswkj

I wouldn't put too much stock into google map's assessment as they do change borders depending on the country of access. Most commonly is the south-china sea.

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

This is an odd story: a Russian building rather a lot on a Finnish island on 14:06 - Nov 1 with 2993 viewsfhb

Once got a ferry from Turku over to Sweden, going through these islands - absolutely breathtaking. Presumably, no one gets through alive now.
This is an odd story: a Russian building rather a lot on a Finnish island on 14:10 - Nov 1 with 2976 viewsGeoffSentence

Heaven for J2, it has its own giant fried egg.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

This is an odd story: a Russian building rather a lot on a Finnish island on 14:37 - Nov 1 with 2925 viewscaught-in-limbo

I think what the NYT is trying to say is "The Russians are coming! Everybody feel the fear and hate Russia!"

McCarthyism is alive and well in UK and the USA today. It's good for the military industrial complex and it's a way of justifying another expensive arms race, which we all have to pay for. It's well co-ordinated with the current sabre-rattling, NATO exercises in that part of the world at the moment.

Thanks for the heads up Steve, please keep them coming, they serve as a constant reminder of how obvious it all is, and how insultingly stupid the media thinks we are.

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

This is an odd story: a Russian building rather a lot on a Finnish island on 14:54 - Nov 1 with 2900 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

They have another invasion staging post at Stamfotd Bridge!
Cameras everywhere and space to land a whole load of helicopters!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If he goes will he still be Super?

This is an odd story: a Russian building rather a lot on a Finnish island on 14:58 - Nov 1 with 2896 viewsgiant_stow

fascinating read - cheers.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

This is an odd story: a Russian building rather a lot on a Finnish island on 14:58 - Nov 1 with 2893 viewsgiant_stow

This is an odd story: a Russian building rather a lot on a Finnish island on 14:37 - Nov 1 by caught-in-limbo

I think what the NYT is trying to say is "The Russians are coming! Everybody feel the fear and hate Russia!"

McCarthyism is alive and well in UK and the USA today. It's good for the military industrial complex and it's a way of justifying another expensive arms race, which we all have to pay for. It's well co-ordinated with the current sabre-rattling, NATO exercises in that part of the world at the moment.

Thanks for the heads up Steve, please keep them coming, they serve as a constant reminder of how obvious it all is, and how insultingly stupid the media thinks we are.

out of the blocks early - pre-warned in today's briefing?

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

This is an odd story: a Russian building rather a lot on a Finnish island on 16:34 - Nov 1 with 2812 viewscaught-in-limbo

This is an odd story: a Russian building rather a lot on a Finnish island on 14:58 - Nov 1 by giant_stow

out of the blocks early - pre-warned in today's briefing?

Just applying common sense and not buying in to the daily fear most of you little islanders lap up.

All Saint's Day is a national holiday in Spain so I'm off work.

What about you Lowhouse, looks like lowercasitis has spread to ullaa's log in again.

#toxic

Login to get fewer ads

This is an odd story: a Russian building rather a lot on a Finnish island on 16:42 - Nov 1 with 2807 viewsBackToRussia

This is an odd story: a Russian building rather a lot on a Finnish island on 14:37 - Nov 1 by caught-in-limbo

Don't be ridiculous. It's quite possible to not fear the Russians, while at the same time admitting they are just as militarised and aggressive as the Americans.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

This is an odd story: a Russian building rather a lot on a Finnish island on 17:08 - Nov 1 with 2769 viewscaught-in-limbo

This is an odd story: a Russian building rather a lot on a Finnish island on 16:42 - Nov 1 by BackToRussia

Don't be ridiculous. It's quite possible to not fear the Russians, while at the same time admitting they are just as militarised and aggressive as the Americans.

I don't disagree with that in theory. I do however disagree that that the Russians are both as militarised and as aggressive as the US. The Russian economy and the instalment of oligarchs who have robbed the country over the last 30 years has rendered that level of military spend impossible.
[Post edited 1 Nov 2018 17:11]

#toxic

This is an odd story: a Russian building rather a lot on a Finnish island on 17:15 - Nov 1 with 2757 viewsBackToRussia

This is an odd story: a Russian building rather a lot on a Finnish island on 17:08 - Nov 1 by caught-in-limbo

I don't disagree with that in theory. I do however disagree that that the Russians are both as militarised and as aggressive as the US. The Russian economy and the instalment of oligarchs who have robbed the country over the last 30 years has rendered that level of military spend impossible.
[Post edited 1 Nov 2018 17:11]

They are committed to aggression in policy if not to the same extent financially as the US. But then the US's military spend is so ridiculous that it's not even comparable to anything. This is how superpowers work. Why are you trying to make out like Russia is any different?

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

This is an odd story: a Russian building rather a lot on a Finnish island on 17:25 - Nov 1 with 2736 viewslowhouseblue

cough ... salisbury ... cough. you probably haven't followed that at all.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

This is an odd story: a Russian building rather a lot on a Finnish island on 17:44 - Nov 1 with 2705 viewsgiant_stow

This is an odd story: a Russian building rather a lot on a Finnish island on 16:34 - Nov 1 by caught-in-limbo

Just applying common sense and not buying in to the daily fear most of you little islanders lap up.

All Saint's Day is a national holiday in Spain so I'm off work.

What about you Lowhouse, looks like lowercasitis has spread to ullaa's log in again.

haha! very good.

This is an odd story: a Russian building rather a lot on a Finnish island on 18:14 - Nov 1 with 2671 viewscaught-in-limbo

This is an odd story: a Russian building rather a lot on a Finnish island on 17:25 - Nov 1 by lowhouseblue

cough ... salisbury ... cough. you probably haven't followed that at all.

All that coughing Lowhouse, sounds like you've been poisoned with the deadly novichok.

LOL

#toxic

This is an odd story: a Russian building rather a lot on a Finnish island on 18:19 - Nov 1 with 2663 viewscaught-in-limbo

This is an odd story: a Russian building rather a lot on a Finnish island on 17:15 - Nov 1 by BackToRussia

They are committed to aggression in policy if not to the same extent financially as the US. But then the US's military spend is so ridiculous that it's not even comparable to anything. This is how superpowers work. Why are you trying to make out like Russia is any different?

Russia is not a superpower by the same definition that the US is. Its economy is the size of Italy's. For all of Moscow's history of ills, they are not so stupid as to pick a fight with the US at present. The US on the other hand is itching for one with Russia.

#toxic

This is an odd story: a Russian building rather a lot on a Finnish island on 18:44 - Nov 1 with 2639 viewslowhouseblue

This is an odd story: a Russian building rather a lot on a Finnish island on 18:14 - Nov 1 by caught-in-limbo

All that coughing Lowhouse, sounds like you've been poisoned with the deadly novichok.

LOL

where are you on the two tourists visiting the cathedral line? you happy with that one?

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

This is an odd story: a Russian building rather a lot on a Finnish island on 18:55 - Nov 1 with 2621 viewsSwansea_Blue

Didn't expect you to pop up on this thread, much

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

This is an odd story: a Russian building rather a lot on a Finnish island on 19:27 - Nov 1 with 2592 viewstabletopjoe

This is an odd story: a Russian building rather a lot on a Finnish island on 17:15 - Nov 1 by BackToRussia

Russia's territory under constant threat from its neighbours of which there are many -- it could never be anything other than aggressive. US obviously need homeland security to fight off moose and mexican bandits

'Let the ignorant argue with themselves' -- CL

This is an odd story: a Russian building rather a lot on a Finnish island on 19:34 - Nov 1 with 2582 viewsgiant_stow

This is an odd story: a Russian building rather a lot on a Finnish island on 18:19 - Nov 1 by caught-in-limbo

Russia is not a superpower by the same definition that the US is. Its economy is the size of Italy's. For all of Moscow's history of ills, they are not so stupid as to pick a fight with the US at present. The US on the other hand is itching for one with Russia.

That old Italy comparison again. Russia might not be an economic superpower, but its certainly a military superpower with loads of nukes and a defence spend in the top 3 or 3 in the world, probably double that of Italy.

This is an odd story: a Russian building rather a lot on a Finnish island on 19:39 - Nov 1 with 2576 viewscaught-in-limbo

This is an odd story: a Russian building rather a lot on a Finnish island on 18:44 - Nov 1 by lowhouseblue

where are you on the two tourists visiting the cathedral line? you happy with that one?

Don't know what to make of that. Seems a ridiculous thing to say, and enough to say they're talking nonsense, but not enough to find them guilty of the wider crime. So much of it makes very little sense.

#toxic

This is an odd story: a Russian building rather a lot on a Finnish island on 19:41 - Nov 1 with 2568 viewscaught-in-limbo

This is an odd story: a Russian building rather a lot on a Finnish island on 18:55 - Nov 1 by Swansea_Blue

Didn't expect you to pop up on this thread, much

Funny how people respond to things which interest them. Geopolitics is a topic which interests me enormously.

#toxic

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024