Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Vegans 19:32 - Oct 31 with 17183 viewsDiceMan

I don't understand why it is acceptable for people to criticize, attack and take the p1ss out of vegans on this forum?
People turn to a vegan lifestyle because they don't believe animals should be exploited , they are compassionate, they care about the environment and for health reasons.
Being anti-vegan is the same as being racist, sexist, homophobic or antisemitic as far as I'm concerned
Vegans are such an easy target and it's always the same old jokes.
Murdering animals is absolutely hilarious isn't it

Poll: Best Sheffield Band?

Vegans on 12:36 - Nov 1 with 1935 viewsjeera

Vegans on 12:24 - Nov 1 by hoppy

In your original post, you state “Vegans are such an easy target”

Why are you calling them that?

Ah, I know this.

Is it cos they can't move quickly enough to get out of the way?

Although the stereotypical image would depict a skinny type of person, so turning sideways should be enough to cut down considerably on target surface available.

Or is it cos they stand out in poor light due to being a bit pale?

*I'm not anti-vegan. I have a friend who is a vegan and he seems alright.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Vegans on 12:42 - Nov 1 with 1923 viewswkj

To be honest its all symbolic of the way the world is- everything is about us vs them now, rather than this is me, and what I believe in. I eat meat and enjoy eating meat, but do not find satisfaction in the mistreatment of animals, nor do I find it hilarious; and i'm not sure when, or why that became unacceptable to do both tbf.

Ultimately there is shlt slinging on both sides, because that is how we have decided life should be.
[Post edited 1 Nov 2018 13:31]

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Vegans on 13:30 - Nov 1 with 1889 viewsJ2BLUE

Vegans on 08:48 - Nov 1 by monytowbray

What I’ve learned is people are happy to talk about veganism and slag it off with false information and/or strange whaterboutery (BUT ALMONDS AND AVOCADOS) from the outside, but then go all snowflake when reminded their diet choices fund the mistreatment and slaughter of billions of animals.

But hey, what do I know? Not like I’ve spent years thinking about it and looking at the evidence before I made a conscious effort to change to align with my values.

As I’ve said before, I respect the right to eat meat (it’s legal for now) but not the choice when presented with reality. If you wanna eat meat, accept you don’t care about animals or that your morals are a bit skewed - I’m not here to make you feel better or justify your actions.

I bought some clothes at Primark lately, I admit that’s totally lame of me. I own an iPhone too, again lame of me. I feel like people should just accept what makes them suck rather than justify their actions. We’re capitalists and the world is f*cked, but I’d rather try and make a difference than plead ignorance or pretend I’m doing nothing wrong.

If you wanna eat meat, accept you don’t care about animals or that your morals are a bit skewed - I’m not here to make you feel better or justify your actions.

I do care about animals. I just believe that humans are healthiest on a mixed diet. There are plenty of things we need that meat and animal products provide in much more usable forms than plant based foods. There are loads of former vegans who ran into health issues after being vegan long term and whose health issues cleared up with the return of animal products to their diet. One former vegan said she was messaged by prominent vegan community people who admitted they were not vegan 'behind the scenes' after she 'came out' as someone who was to start eating meat again.

IF you eventually run into health issues where your health is put up against your morals what will you choose? To be honest I don't even buy the morals/principles idea. I accept that if you believe you can live perfectly healthily on a vegan diet you may well believe that but if you believe you will be healthier on a mixed diet then the moral issue doesn't really come into play.

I think most vegans would rather one person went vegan than a hundred go vegetarian. If the most militant vegans just took the blinkers off and weighed up the difference they could have if they encouraged people to halve their intake of animal products instead of this in your face morally superior attitude they could do so much more good. Imagine if everyone cut out even a quarter of their animal product consumption and stopped buying factory farmed meat.

I have a musclefood delivery coming this afternoon. I bought high welfare stuff. Anything I wasn't sure about I checked with live chat and didn't buy it if they couldn't assure me that it was high quality and high welfare. My conscience is clear, with or without your approval. You have forced many people to look at their meat consumption and many just disagree with your stance. No one is asking you to make them feel better about my choices. When I eat a steak later those nutrients will be provided by an animal that was killed. I made the choice to eat that animal. I made sure that I only bought meat from an animal which had a decent life. It still had to die. I know exactly what the reality is.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Vegans on 13:32 - Nov 1 with 1868 viewswkj

Vegans on 13:30 - Nov 1 by J2BLUE

If you wanna eat meat, accept you don’t care about animals or that your morals are a bit skewed - I’m not here to make you feel better or justify your actions.

I do care about animals. I just believe that humans are healthiest on a mixed diet. There are plenty of things we need that meat and animal products provide in much more usable forms than plant based foods. There are loads of former vegans who ran into health issues after being vegan long term and whose health issues cleared up with the return of animal products to their diet. One former vegan said she was messaged by prominent vegan community people who admitted they were not vegan 'behind the scenes' after she 'came out' as someone who was to start eating meat again.

IF you eventually run into health issues where your health is put up against your morals what will you choose? To be honest I don't even buy the morals/principles idea. I accept that if you believe you can live perfectly healthily on a vegan diet you may well believe that but if you believe you will be healthier on a mixed diet then the moral issue doesn't really come into play.

I think most vegans would rather one person went vegan than a hundred go vegetarian. If the most militant vegans just took the blinkers off and weighed up the difference they could have if they encouraged people to halve their intake of animal products instead of this in your face morally superior attitude they could do so much more good. Imagine if everyone cut out even a quarter of their animal product consumption and stopped buying factory farmed meat.

I have a musclefood delivery coming this afternoon. I bought high welfare stuff. Anything I wasn't sure about I checked with live chat and didn't buy it if they couldn't assure me that it was high quality and high welfare. My conscience is clear, with or without your approval. You have forced many people to look at their meat consumption and many just disagree with your stance. No one is asking you to make them feel better about my choices. When I eat a steak later those nutrients will be provided by an animal that was killed. I made the choice to eat that animal. I made sure that I only bought meat from an animal which had a decent life. It still had to die. I know exactly what the reality is.

Enjoy your muscle food delivery, I am due for one soon myself.

Vegans on 13:33 - Nov 1 with 1870 viewshoppy

Vegans on 13:30 - Nov 1 by J2BLUE

"I just believe that humans are healthiest on a mixed diet."

Even the way you cook it?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Vegans on 13:36 - Nov 1 with 1862 viewsJ2BLUE

Vegans on 13:32 - Nov 1 by wkj

Enjoy your muscle food delivery, I am due for one soon myself.

It's hache steak time tonight.

What have you ordered?

Truly impaired.

Vegans on 13:38 - Nov 1 with 1855 viewswkj

Vegans on 13:36 - Nov 1 by J2BLUE

It's hache steak time tonight.

What have you ordered?

I have had various meat packs before and eazy cook meals on a few occasions. Hache steaks are pretty nice, its like a grill steak but with actual meat rather than alien nasal membranes mixed with old chewing gum

Vegans on 13:40 - Nov 1 with 1850 viewsJ2BLUE

Vegans on 13:38 - Nov 1 by wkj

I have had various meat packs before and eazy cook meals on a few occasions. Hache steaks are pretty nice, its like a grill steak but with actual meat rather than alien nasal membranes mixed with old chewing gum

Free range and grass fed meat no less.

I have noticed they have quite a lot of products which aren't great. Eggs not free range etc. Don't think they are as good as they used to be.

Truly impaired.

Login to get fewer ads

Vegans on 13:42 - Nov 1 with 1841 viewshoppy

Vegans on 13:40 - Nov 1 by J2BLUE

I have noticed they have quite a lot of products which aren't great. Eggs not free range etc. Don't think they are as good as they used to be.

How important is the quality of eggs for you, to be fair?

Vegans on 13:43 - Nov 1 with 1833 viewswkj

Vegans on 13:40 - Nov 1 by J2BLUE

In my opinion they are between supermarket and butcher quality, always double check the chicken breasts for bones, though i have had bones in super marked breasts before too, so that can be a general rule. You do have to be selective with muscle foods as there are clearly some items there to stand out and wow you, and a load that are there to turn a bigger profit margin.

Vegans on 13:47 - Nov 1 with 1829 viewshoppy

Vegans on 13:43 - Nov 1 by wkj

In my opinion they are between supermarket and butcher quality, always double check the chicken breasts for bones, though i have had bones in super marked breasts before too, so that can be a general rule. You do have to be selective with muscle foods as there are clearly some items there to stand out and wow you, and a load that are there to turn a bigger profit margin.

"i have had bones in super marked breasts before"

Vegans on 13:51 - Nov 1 with 1819 viewswkj

Vegans on 13:47 - Nov 1 by hoppy

"i have had bones in super marked breasts before"

Well, that's me not going to edit that mistake

Vegans on 14:36 - Nov 1 with 1787 viewsmonytowbray

Vegans on 09:55 - Nov 1 by Bluearmy71

" If you wanna eat meat, accept you don’t care about animals or that your morals are a bit skewed - I’m not here to make you feel better or justify your actions."

Last time I ate steak it did not quash the love I have for all animals and if I didn't love animals I wouldn't have given my dogs some of the steak but I did and they seemed to love it just as much as I.

I fear its a case of you not liking the actions of meat eaters and reasoning with yourself that they can't love animals as much as you do to justify you having a pop at them at the first chance you get!

I fully respect your choice but the utter boll*ocks you spout to try and shame people for their choice is despicably low, maybe that has a lot to do with peoples perceptions, get on with your life and stop pushing your choice on others!!

If I ate your dog tomorrow and said “it’s okay though, I still love dogs!” would you shrug it off as okay?

The hardest part is to challenge yourself on things you’ve been raised to never question.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Vegans on 14:40 - Nov 1 with 1785 viewsmonytowbray

Vegans on 12:16 - Nov 1 by GeoffSentence

The thing about vegans is that they have as much sex appeal as a road accident.

Evidently you’ve not met many female vegans then. I’d post a link to my GF’s Instagram but I fear the “LOOK AT ME” response I’d get would be too high.

TWTD never forgets…

Vegans on 14:44 - Nov 1 with 1767 viewsJ2BLUE

Vegans on 14:40 - Nov 1 by monytowbray

Evidently you’ve not met many female vegans then. I’d post a link to my GF’s Instagram but I fear the “LOOK AT ME” response I’d get would be too high.

Naturallystephanie on Youtube...

Goddess.

Truly impaired.

Vegans on 14:48 - Nov 1 with 1753 viewsmonytowbray

Vegans on 14:44 - Nov 1 by J2BLUE

Naturallystephanie on Youtube...

Goddess.

Many beautiful people on this list.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_vegans

I may edit it and add myself haha.

TWTD never forgets…

Vegans on 14:48 - Nov 1 with 1752 viewsJ2BLUE

Vegans on 14:36 - Nov 1 by monytowbray

If I ate your dog tomorrow and said “it’s okay though, I still love dogs!” would you shrug it off as okay?

The hardest part is to challenge yourself on things you’ve been raised to never question.

This is not a good argument.

If you want to buy a free range high welfare dog to eat then go for it.

Killing someone's pet and eating it is not the same as buying a bit of free range beef from a farmer.

Truly impaired.

Vegans on 14:53 - Nov 1 with 1742 viewsmonytowbray

Vegans on 14:48 - Nov 1 by J2BLUE

This is not a good argument.

If you want to buy a free range high welfare dog to eat then go for it.

Killing someone's pet and eating it is not the same as buying a bit of free range beef from a farmer.

Does the free range organic dog not still feel the same fear and pain as a pet one?

If a person who has no friends or family is brutally murdered are they less deserving of sympathy than someone from a loving home?

The argument makes perfect sense, it’s designed to challenge people to accept animals or not different based on emotional attachment.

TWTD never forgets…

Vegans on 14:56 - Nov 1 with 1739 viewsGeoffSentence

Vegans on 14:40 - Nov 1 by monytowbray

I don't have that much of a downer on them they are not actually evil, but bad-tempered, bureaucratic, officious and Callis.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Vegans on 15:00 - Nov 1 with 1729 viewsJ2BLUE

Vegans on 14:53 - Nov 1 by monytowbray

Does the free range organic dog not still feel the same fear and pain as a pet one?

If a person who has no friends or family is brutally murdered are they less deserving of sympathy than someone from a loving home?

The argument makes perfect sense, it’s designed to challenge people to accept animals or not different based on emotional attachment.

You are talking about killing and eating someone's pet versus buying a piece of meat.

Compare apples to apples. The same argument would apply if someone had a pet cow.

Truly impaired.

Vegans on 15:06 - Nov 1 with 1707 viewswkj

Vegans on 14:36 - Nov 1 by monytowbray

Nope, that would not be okay, because you will have-

A. Trespassed on my property
B. Broken into my kitchen
C. Used my utensils and cooking apparatus
D. Probably not cleaned up the mess
E. Taken something of mine that doesn't belong to you
G. Probably not taken off your sandals and walked over my carpet

So much about that is wrong before we even come close to consuming the meat of an animal

Vegans on 15:06 - Nov 1 with 1707 viewsmonytowbray

Vegans on 15:00 - Nov 1 by J2BLUE

You are talking about killing and eating someone's pet versus buying a piece of meat.

Compare apples to apples. The same argument would apply if someone had a pet cow.

If you posted tomorrow a close relative died and someone replied “So? I don’t care as I didn’t know them” would that be okay?

It’s not drastically different at all, it’s just the removal of emotional attachment.

TWTD never forgets…

Vegans on 15:13 - Nov 1 with 1681 viewswkj

Vegans on 15:06 - Nov 1 by monytowbray

If you posted tomorrow a close relative died and someone replied “So? I don’t care as I didn’t know them” would that be okay?

It’s not drastically different at all, it’s just the removal of emotional attachment.

I have to be honest, that is even more obscure and hard to follow than you enjoying eating dogs

Vegans on 15:19 - Nov 1 with 1676 viewsRyorry

If you actually understood animals you'd understand why this whole "pet" argument is completely specious.

Speaking as someone who's bred, reared & looked after to highest welfare conditions, their own bantams & turkeys in 100% organic free range (miles to roam) conditions, then killed & eaten them. They didn't know anything about being killed. One minute they were having their necks gently stroked, then they didn't know anything about no longer being alive. Plus also reared lambs & pigs in same conditions.

And who has a **pet** dog, who (unlike the bantams, turkeys, lambs and pigs) lives in the house, has a name, is trained, gets taken for walks, in the car on shopping trips, and on holiday etc.

Oh, and I did have an emotional attachment to most of the farm animals, despite their being bred for meat/eggs - just not the same kind that you have for a **pet** - who you hope to have for the entire duration of their lives (or many years if adopted from a rescue centre).
[Post edited 1 Nov 2018 15:22]

Poll: Time of the annunciation

Vegans on 15:21 - Nov 1 with 1670 viewsJ2BLUE

If you think that is a legit argument in your favour then there's really no point us having this conversation.

Is your daughter vegan?

Truly impaired.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024