Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hurst sacked over the phone and Lambert to get £10m 09:13 - Oct 28 with 9232 viewsMullet

I can believe the 1st bit at least.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Hurst sacked over the phone and Lambert to get £10m on 09:18 - Oct 28 with 5387 viewsBluebell

Which newspaper is that from?

I can believe Hurst was sacked by phone but not the £10 million bit.
Hurst sacked over the phone and Lambert to get £10m on 09:18 - Oct 28 with 5386 viewsnoggin

Will 10m be enough? I'm 100% behind Lambert but he has a massive task on his hands.

Poll: If KM goes now, will you applaud him when he returns with his new club?

Hurst sacked over the phone and Lambert to get £10m on 09:20 - Oct 28 with 5341 viewsBrixtonBlue

At least Evans has improved on the text that Jim Magilton got.

EDIT: Apparently not true, cheers Phil.
[Post edited 28 Oct 2018 10:10]

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Hurst sacked over the phone and Lambert to get £10m on 09:21 - Oct 28 with 5324 viewsCheltenham_Blue

There might be some truth in that figure. Widely known that Lambert is a good spotter of talent and that he'll need a decent budget to keep us up.

We certainly won't stay up without spending. £10m is peanuts to most Championship clubs these days, its just ME has been under investing for years.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Hurst sacked over the phone and Lambert to get £10m on 09:22 - Oct 28 with 5310 viewsRegencyBlue

I would assume Lambert got some sort of assurance regarding Evans backing him financially in January because he’s got no chance of succeeding without bringing in the quality we are so obviously lacking.

As for how Hurst was sacked I really don’t care. I’m just grateful he’s gone!
Hurst sacked over the phone and Lambert to get £10m on 09:23 - Oct 28 with 5300 viewsPhilTWTD

That is true, had heard ME called PH to give him the news.
Hurst sacked over the phone and Lambert to get £10m on 09:25 - Oct 28 with 5265 viewsPhilTWTD

Hurst sacked over the phone and Lambert to get £10m on 09:20 - Oct 28 by BrixtonBlue

At least Evans has improved on the text that Jim Magilton got.

EDIT: Apparently not true, cheers Phil.
[Post edited 28 Oct 2018 10:10]

That isn't true, he phoned him. Jim was supposed to meet Simon Clegg that morning but went back to Northern Ireland the previous night as his mother had been taken ill. With news of RK's appointment likely to break they didn't really have an alternative. Far from ideal but not quite as callous as has been suggested.
Hurst sacked over the phone and Lambert to get £10m on 09:26 - Oct 28 with 5230 viewsHerbivore

I doubt it'll be as much as £10m but you've got to think he's been promised some money to strengthen in January. We brought in £10m plus over the summer and spent about half of that so there ought to be funds available.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Login to get fewer ads

Hurst sacked over the phone and Lambert to get £10m on 09:32 - Oct 28 with 5133 viewsbrogansnose

Could be something in that money thing. Didn't Lambert leave Blackburn because he didn't think that he could do a lot with them for the amount of cash he had availible, or something along those lines. Anyway, I can't see him coming in just for the gig on a hiding to nothing like Mick did, stay up bonus aside.
Hurst sacked over the phone and Lambert to get £10m on 09:36 - Oct 28 with 5062 viewsMullet

Hurst sacked over the phone and Lambert to get £10m on 09:32 - Oct 28 by brogansnose

Could be something in that money thing. Didn't Lambert leave Blackburn because he didn't think that he could do a lot with them for the amount of cash he had availible, or something along those lines. Anyway, I can't see him coming in just for the gig on a hiding to nothing like Mick did, stay up bonus aside.

He did.

As I said to a few people, we need him and he needs us. This is a great opportunity for him to prove his worth and almost a free hit if he doesn't manage. I actually wouldn't be surprised if his remit is to do a Mowbray and bring us straight back up.

I guess at least Hurst has left him players who know the league below.....

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

He should have sacked him by.... on 09:43 - Oct 28 with 4938 viewsBloots

....Whatsapp.

That's the way Hurst used to tell the players whether they were playing or not.

Enduringly lovable, intelligent and thunderingly exquisite.

Hurst sacked over the phone and Lambert to get £10m on 09:45 - Oct 28 with 4903 viewsbrogansnose

Hurst sacked over the phone and Lambert to get £10m on 09:36 - Oct 28 by Mullet

He did.

As I said to a few people, we need him and he needs us. This is a great opportunity for him to prove his worth and almost a free hit if he doesn't manage. I actually wouldn't be surprised if his remit is to do a Mowbray and bring us straight back up.

If 'Operation Don't get Relegated' doesn't work then we clearly need a plan for ' Operation Get Back up.'

I sincerely feel that Lamberts the boy for this.

It should never had got to this. Never.
on 09:48 - Oct 28 with 4864 views_

Hurst sacked over the phone and Lambert to get £10m on 09:36 - Oct 28 by Mullet

He did.

Hurst sacked over the phone and Lambert to get £10m on 09:50 - Oct 28 with 4812 viewsPJH

Hurst sacked over the phone and Lambert to get £10m on 09:45 - Oct 28 by brogansnose

If 'Operation Don't get Relegated' doesn't work then we clearly need a plan for ' Operation Get Back up.'

I sincerely feel that Lamberts the boy for this.

It should never had got to this. Never.

Agree that it should not have got to this and in my view there was one very obvious way that it could have been avoided but there you go.
Hurst sacked over the phone and Lambert to get £10m on 09:51 - Oct 28 with 4789 viewsbrogansnose

Hurst sacked over the phone and Lambert to get £10m on 09:50 - Oct 28 by PJH

Agree that it should not have got to this and in my view there was one very obvious way that it could have been avoided but there you go.

I'm with you on that PJ but we are where we are.
Hurst sacked over the phone and Lambert to get £10m on 09:52 - Oct 28 with 4767 viewsstrikalite

£10m in Jan eh, bet MM would love to hear that, probably be too late by then and there is no doubt that anyone we'd try to bring in would cost twice as much anyway....Jordan Hugill for example..
Hurst sacked over the phone and Lambert to get £10m on 09:55 - Oct 28 with 4723 viewssundaze

on 09:48 - Oct 28 by _

Mowbray never suggested that he would want to leave Blackburn. He is in the process of getting them back to the Premier league, why would he have wanted to leave a club with ambition, to come to Ipswich?
Hurst sacked over the phone and Lambert to get £10m on 09:55 - Oct 28 with 4725 viewsLeagueOne

In 2019 that's just 1 player. Considering we need six or seven if you divide that 10mil isn't going very far... and consider that Waghorn and Webster went for close that fee alone and one of those is a substitute.

It's time to make the best of it.
Poll: Would you leave TWTD if political threads were banned?

He should have sacked him by.... on 09:59 - Oct 28 with 4663 viewsSwailsey

He should have sacked him by.... on 09:43 - Oct 28 by Bloots

....Whatsapp.

That's the way Hurst used to tell the players whether they were playing or not.

Surely not?!

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

on 10:02 - Oct 28 with 4596 views_

Hurst sacked over the phone and Lambert to get £10m on 09:55 - Oct 28 by sundaze

Mowbray never suggested that he would want to leave Blackburn. He is in the process of getting them back to the Premier league, why would he have wanted to leave a club with ambition, to come to Ipswich?

Yep, a message from the physio..... on 10:06 - Oct 28 with 4563 viewsBloots

He should have sacked him by.... on 09:59 - Oct 28 by Swailsey

Surely not?!

....the day before to say if you were in the squad and one 90 minutes before KO to say if you were playing.

Laughable.

Enduringly lovable, intelligent and thunderingly exquisite.

Yep, a message from the physio..... on 10:08 - Oct 28 with 4514 viewsPlums

Yep, a message from the physio..... on 10:06 - Oct 28 by Bloots

....the day before to say if you were in the squad and one 90 minutes before KO to say if you were playing.

Laughable.

Managed like a pub side, played like a pub side.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Hurst sacked over the phone and Lambert to get £10m on 10:10 - Oct 28 with 4497 viewsBrixtonBlue

Hurst sacked over the phone and Lambert to get £10m on 09:25 - Oct 28 by PhilTWTD

That isn't true, he phoned him. Jim was supposed to meet Simon Clegg that morning but went back to Northern Ireland the previous night as his mother had been taken ill. With news of RK's appointment likely to break they didn't really have an alternative. Far from ideal but not quite as callous as has been suggested.

Ah, cheers for the clarification. I think people were saying text on here at the time and over the passage of time my memory has turned that into fact. That's the problem with people who post nonsense on here. Edited.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Hurst sacked over the phone and Lambert to get £10m on 10:13 - Oct 28 with 4456 viewsbazza

Apparently the Nolan nasals deal was done by text message ... not sure if this was mentioned before..bit unprofessional..
He should have sacked him by.... on 10:13 - Oct 28 with 4449 viewsMVBlue

He should have sacked him by.... on 09:59 - Oct 28 by Swailsey

Surely not?!

Whatsapp emoticons was it.

1️⃣❌🔽😠 ⚽
🔛🔟👍

Poll: Whats the best league to watch outside of England?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024