Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Culverhouse NOT part of backroom team 15:01 - Oct 26 with 7089 viewsportmanking

Hmm... doesn't bode well IMO.
Culverhouse NOT part of backroom team on 15:04 - Oct 26 with 5823 viewsJ2BLUE

Perhaps we should wait and see who it is first. A lot of fans have just spent the last day flouncing that he was coming in the first place.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Culverhouse NOT part of backroom team on 15:04 - Oct 26 with 5810 viewsjas0999

Why not? Didn’t they fall out? Hasn’t been his assistant for a while.
Culverhouse NOT part of backroom team on 15:05 - Oct 26 with 5787 viewsITFC_Forever

Never thought he would be - him leaving Grantham (after five straight defeats) was genuinely just a coincidence.

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Culverhouse NOT part of backroom team on 15:12 - Oct 26 with 5711 viewsFreddy

Culverhouse NOT part of backroom team on 15:05 - Oct 26 by ITFC_Forever

Never thought he would be - him leaving Grantham (after five straight defeats) was genuinely just a coincidence.

left Grantham well over a week ago before Culverhouse was even connected
Culverhouse NOT part of backroom team on 15:14 - Oct 26 with 5682 viewsIllinoisblue

that's an impressive blub to be fair

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Culverhouse NOT part of backroom team on 15:17 - Oct 26 with 5660 viewsartsbossbeard

I've just had a butchers at your posting history. My god, you do love a moan and a whine.

Are you my wife?

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Culverhouse NOT part of backroom team on 15:24 - Oct 26 with 5552 viewsBlueBadger

Culverhouse NOT part of backroom team on 15:17 - Oct 26 by artsbossbeard

I've just had a butchers at your posting history. My god, you do love a moan and a whine.

Are you my wife?

It's always the ones with the most gung-ho 'I love ITFC' usernames that are the biggest knicker-wtters, innit?
[Post edited 26 Oct 2018 15:30]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Culverhouse NOT part of backroom team on 15:25 - Oct 26 with 5544 viewsCoco

Too much is made of the assistant.

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

Login to get fewer ads

Culverhouse NOT part of backroom team on 15:32 - Oct 26 with 5471 viewsNthsuffolkblue

I would like to see Hogg (or Nash) as assistant personally. Someone who knows the club and has the respect of the players. Alternatively, an experienced number 2 who has worked well before - along the lines of Sbragia or Taricco (although neither of those two would be available I would imagine).

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Culverhouse NOT part of backroom team on 15:33 - Oct 26 with 5449 viewsRyorry

Culverhouse NOT part of backroom team on 15:25 - Oct 26 by Coco

All the reports I've read say PL hasn't done as well when Culv isn't assisting.

Not sure why people are having a pop at the OP.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Culverhouse NOT part of backroom team on 15:34 - Oct 26 with 5434 viewschicoazul

Probably the stupidest post I have read on here the last two weeks and believe me thats saying something.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Culverhouse NOT part of backroom team on 15:41 - Oct 26 with 5357 viewsportmanking

Culverhouse NOT part of backroom team on 15:34 - Oct 26 by chicoazul

Probably the stupidest post I have read on here the last two weeks and believe me thats saying something.

Are you for real? My best mate (a Budgie) insists that Culverhouse masterminded most of the tactics and training at Norwich - the only club where Lambert has had success. Lambert was more of a figurehead/statesman there.

No idea why I'm getting pelters for this.
Culverhouse NOT part of backroom team on 15:46 - Oct 26 with 5286 viewsKeno

Culverhouse NOT part of backroom team on 15:34 - Oct 26 by chicoazul

it has been TWTD gold hasn't it

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Culverhouse NOT part of backroom team on 15:47 - Oct 26 with 5275 viewschicoazul

Culverhouse NOT part of backroom team on 15:41 - Oct 26 by portmanking

Are you for real? My best mate (a Budgie) insists that Culverhouse masterminded most of the tactics and training at Norwich - the only club where Lambert has had success. Lambert was more of a figurehead/statesman there.

We hear this all the time about Managers and their Assts, everyone said Liverpool would fall apart when Klopp's man left for e.g.
Load of rubbish.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Culverhouse NOT part of backroom team on 15:48 - Oct 26 with 5266 viewsBackToRussia

Culverhouse NOT part of backroom team on 15:41 - Oct 26 by portmanking

I wonder why a Budgie is trying to make that argument... hmm....

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

Culverhouse NOT part of backroom team on 16:05 - Oct 26 with 5083 viewsMeadowlark

Arguably Burley never did much without Dale Roberts....
Culverhouse NOT part of backroom team on 16:07 - Oct 26 with 5069 viewsitfcjoe

I'm confused

Do we not want him because he was sacked for bullying?

Or do we want him because he may help Lambert?

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

To be honest Joseph.... on 16:10 - Oct 26 with 5037 viewsBloots

Culverhouse NOT part of backroom team on 16:07 - Oct 26 by itfcjoe

I'm confused

Do we not want him because he was sacked for bullying?

Or do we want him because he may help Lambert?

....it was the only potential part of the new set up that I didn't feel particularly comfortable with.

He's a proper scummer.

Even someone as tolerant and level headed as me has his limits.

Enduringly lovable, intelligent and thunderingly exquisite.

Culverhouse NOT part of backroom team on 16:21 - Oct 26 with 4899 viewsbluejacko

Culverhouse NOT part of backroom team on 15:25 - Oct 26 by Coco

Well not if the rumours about Doig are true!
Culverhouse NOT part of backroom team on 16:29 - Oct 26 with 4800 viewsFixed_It

Culverhouse NOT part of backroom team on 15:48 - Oct 26 by BackToRussia

I wonder why a Budgie is trying to make that argument... hmm....

Well quite.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Culverhouse NOT part of backroom team on 16:58 - Oct 26 with 4655 viewsmrshallisfit

Culverhouse NOT part of backroom team on 15:17 - Oct 26 by artsbossbeard

Are you my wife?

No. But he is as dumb as a bag of spanners.
Culverhouse NOT part of backroom team on 17:22 - Oct 26 with 4520 viewsHarry_Palmer

I believe Lambert kept Wolves and Blackburn in this league without Culverhouse and right now staying in the league should be the height of our ambitions.
Culverhouse NOT part of backroom team on 17:33 - Oct 26 with 4432 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

I would like Culverhouse, read somewhere it said Culverhouse was the brains & tactician where as Lambert was the discipline and man management.

The last time Lambert had success Culverhouse was alongside Lambert.

In his last job however, Lambert had Stuart Taylor, Kevin Russell and fitness Coach Jim Henry.

Would prefer Culverhouse but will have to wait and see who he actually brings in.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Culverhouse NOT part of backroom team on 17:39 - Oct 26 with 4394 viewsHarry_Palmer

Culverhouse NOT part of backroom team on 15:33 - Oct 26 by Ryorry

All the reports I've read say PL hasn't done as well when Culv isn't assisting.

Not sure why people are having a pop at the OP.

Looking at Culverhouse's career post Villa does not make great reading, Kings Lynn and Grantham whom he has just left after 5 defeats. If he is the master tactician made out by some its surprising to me that nobody higher up the pyramid has taken him as an assistant.

I'm sure Lambert has his own qualities, his record post Villa is not as bad as some suggest. I guess time will tell but personally I am not overly worried whether Culverhouse comes as part of the team or not.
Culverhouse NOT part of backroom team on 17:44 - Oct 26 with 4356 viewsRadlett_blue

Culverhouse NOT part of backroom team on 17:39 - Oct 26 by Harry_Palmer

Looking at Culverhouse's career post Villa does not make great reading, Kings Lynn and Grantham whom he has just left after 5 defeats. If he is the master tactician made out by some its surprising to me that nobody higher up the pyramid has taken him as an assistant.

I'm sure Lambert has his own qualities, his record post Villa is not as bad as some suggest. I guess time will tell but personally I am not overly worried whether Culverhouse comes as part of the team or not.

Culverhouse may be a good coach or good No.2. Some people are far better suited to this role than making the tough decisions on team selection etc.
Lambert's brief should be to keep us up. It remains to be seen if he can do that given the weaknesses in our squad, especially the lack of a target man. Hopefully we won't be adrift by January, when surely we will need to let Lambert bring in reinforcements.
Not sure about the 3 year contract either, although maybe that was the price of getting Lambert. This does seem reminiscent of when Jewell was brought in. He achieved his initial target, but then floundered.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024