Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bullish from PH 10:44 - Oct 23 with 9030 viewsKeaneish

Pretty much said that there's a lack of investment to drive the club forward and senior players need to step up to the plate. No surprises there but seems he's now in the full knowledge that the writing is on the wall...

High-pressing Saturday? Not at the game i walked out on early...

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Bullish from PH on 10:45 - Oct 23 with 5390 viewsFrimleyBlue

Keeps talking about the senior players.

But to my knowledge the likes of Chambers, Skuse etc are trying their best and it's the new signings which are the ones causing the issues... The pen on Saturday, for example.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Bullish from PH on 10:46 - Oct 23 with 5372 viewsJ2BLUE

He hasn't spent the money he had very wisely. MM could say that, he very much can't.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Bullish from PH on 10:49 - Oct 23 with 5307 viewsNo9

Those comments will not have done him any good at all
Bullish from PH on 10:53 - Oct 23 with 5254 viewsflimflam

Seems like he is coming round to the face he will be gone soon and throwing enough of the brown stuff about to make some stick to someone else.

All men and women are created, by the, you know the, you know the thing.

Bullish from PH on 10:59 - Oct 23 with 5174 viewskpblues

Bullish from PH on 10:49 - Oct 23 by No9

Those comments will not have done him any good at all

He's just saying it how it is. Mick said the same thing.

I still don't get under FFP how other clubs can spend money but we can't.
I know Marcus pays the £6-7m annual wages etc but surely the time has come for him to take a punt and splash out £20m for players and give it a go. If we go up the investment will be easily paid up. We can't keep going on like this.

Otherwise what's the point of having a billionaire owner ?

KP

Poll: Do you want Ipswich to be a city?

Bullish from PH on 11:01 - Oct 23 with 5157 viewsBlueBadger

You appear to have left a 't' out of your first word.
And got the 'i', 's'' and 'h' out of order.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Do we still want KM to be our manager
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Bullish from PH on 11:01 - Oct 23 with 5151 viewsKeaneish

Bullish from PH on 10:53 - Oct 23 by flimflam

Seems like he is coming round to the face he will be gone soon and throwing enough of the brown stuff about to make some stick to someone else.

Yeah, smacks of not being that experienced or handling the pressure very well. Needs to suck it up and let what happens on the pitch do the talking. I'd rather de channeld the energy in to talking about the mistakes that were made Saturday and what he plans to do to get us to put in a shell of a shift to beat Leeds...

Missed the first 7 minutes but why did no-one press him on why there were so many players playing out of position on Saturday!? Donacien, Pennington, Chambers (wrong side), Jackson...

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Bullish from PH on 11:02 - Oct 23 with 5138 viewsFrimleyBlue

Bullish from PH on 10:59 - Oct 23 by kpblues

I know Marcus pays the £6-7m annual wages etc but surely the time has come for him to take a punt and splash out £20m for players and give it a go. If we go up the investment will be easily paid up. We can't keep going on like this.

KP

You cant take a job and then 3 months later completely change your view point on the financial side of the job.

Waka waka eh eh

Login to get fewer ads

Bullish from PH on 11:05 - Oct 23 with 5096 viewsBlueBadger

Bullish from PH on 10:59 - Oct 23 by kpblues

KP

Mick had far more grounds to complain about lack of resources than Hurst does. Mick, by and large, spent his windfalls well. Hurst hasn't.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Do we still want KM to be our manager
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Bullish from PH on 11:06 - Oct 23 with 5074 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Bullish from PH on 10:45 - Oct 23 by FrimleyBlue

But to my knowledge the likes of Chambers, Skuse etc are trying their best and it's the new signings which are the ones causing the issues... The pen on Saturday, for example.

Heard the same, Chambo and Skuse the glue right now.

Him coming out with comments about Town is a club that right now has a lot wrong with it (including investment) that isn't bothered about going to the next level is not a wise one considering his current situation, but nevertheless very interesting.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Bullish from PH on 11:07 - Oct 23 with 5052 viewsRegencyBlue

Evans wont like the investment comment.

Taxi for Hurst sooner rather than later I would say.
Bullish from PH on 11:09 - Oct 23 with 5007 viewsjeera

Seniors? He's dropped a couple of them and pushed another out whilst keeping him on the pitch at the same time.

The bloke hasn't a clue who or what to blame next.

He's had some hang up about the previous man's shadow over him since he got here.
[Post edited 23 Oct 2018 17:35]

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Bullish from PH on 11:10 - Oct 23 with 5003 viewsBrixtonBlue

He actually said things aren't being run correctly if the goal is the Prem and refused to say specifically what those things are. I suspect finance for players is one of a number of things he was alluding to.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Bullish from PH on 11:15 - Oct 23 with 4887 viewsRegencyBlue

Bullish from PH on 11:10 - Oct 23 by BrixtonBlue

He actually said things aren't being run correctly if the goal is the Prem and refused to say specifically what those things are. I suspect finance for players is one of a number of things he was alluding to.

If that is what he was saying then he is absolutely correct.

Having said that however what money he was given has been completely squandered so he's not in a possition to complain too much now!
Bullish from PH on 11:24 - Oct 23 with 4785 viewsFrimleyBlue

Bullish from PH on 11:15 - Oct 23 by RegencyBlue

If that is what he was saying then he is absolutely correct.

Having said that however what money he was given has been completely squandered so he's not in a possition to complain too much now!

Also, I'm not sure Evans would have sat with Hurst and said, right we've failed to get close to promotion for a good 5 years now. I expect it within a season..........

No chance.

No one has spoke about play offs or anything close to that, even when hurst was announced it was all about transitional........ yet he's bringing up failure to get promoted... no ones bothered about that, we're bothered about going down!

Waka waka eh eh

Bullish from PH on 11:32 - Oct 23 with 4714 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Quite probably and I don’t think anyone would disagree with that

It takes some gall though to accept a job, fail miserably at it for 3 months and then start calling out the owner!

2 more games I reckon, and then barring a remarkable turnaround he’ll be toast
[Post edited 23 Oct 2018 11:33]

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Bullish from PH on 11:51 - Oct 23 with 4604 viewsartsbossbeard

I'm happy to accept your apology when you're ready.

No hurry though, I can wait.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Bullish from PH on 11:53 - Oct 23 with 4594 viewsFrankfurtBlue

I think you are right. It is not difficult to make comparisons with the finances of other clubs and reach the conclusion that Ipswich managers, both PH and MM, have had to fight a rearguard action. The odds are against us. MM managed to continually get ITFC ourperforming its relative financial disadvantage by playing a calculated form of football, of which generally cheaper and limited players were capable. PH has tried to play a more expansive brand of football, which would need better players, not worse.

I suspect that recruitment is also one of the things that PH was alluding to today that needs to improve, if ITFC is to have any chance. There are numerous indicators from the Summer. The Curtis Tilt saga. The fact that it was no great secret that 3 experienced forwards were leaving the club, and the best we could do with replacing that experience was Jon Walters on loan. MM proved that getting recruitment right is key if you are competing against greater financial resources, and I suspect he "managed" ME far better in this respect. PH is maybe only just realising, amongst other things, that managing ME is crucial to getting the targets you want!
Bullish from PH on 11:58 - Oct 23 with 4551 viewsthebooks

Bullish from PH on 11:53 - Oct 23 by FrankfurtBlue

I think you are right. It is not difficult to make comparisons with the finances of other clubs and reach the conclusion that Ipswich managers, both PH and MM, have had to fight a rearguard action. The odds are against us. MM managed to continually get ITFC ourperforming its relative financial disadvantage by playing a calculated form of football, of which generally cheaper and limited players were capable. PH has tried to play a more expansive brand of football, which would need better players, not worse.

I suspect that recruitment is also one of the things that PH was alluding to today that needs to improve, if ITFC is to have any chance. There are numerous indicators from the Summer. The Curtis Tilt saga. The fact that it was no great secret that 3 experienced forwards were leaving the club, and the best we could do with replacing that experience was Jon Walters on loan. MM proved that getting recruitment right is key if you are competing against greater financial resources, and I suspect he "managed" ME far better in this respect. PH is maybe only just realising, amongst other things, that managing ME is crucial to getting the targets you want!

Agree with a lot of that, except "PH has tried to play a more expansive brand of football". I don't see any brand at all, that's one of the main problems.
Bullish from PH on 11:59 - Oct 23 with 4544 viewsPositivelyPortman

Bullish from PH on 10:45 - Oct 23 by FrimleyBlue

Carefully avoiding mentioning senior player Gerks flapping the ball into his own net eh?

Poll: Are we happy with the takeover?

Bullish from PH on 12:01 - Oct 23 with 4524 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Bullish from PH on 11:59 - Oct 23 by PositivelyPortman

Carefully avoiding mentioning senior player Gerks flapping the ball into his own net eh?

The GK he reinstated to the team you mean?

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Bullish from PH on 12:39 - Oct 23 with 4372 viewsFrankfurtBlue

Bullish from PH on 11:58 - Oct 23 by thebooks

Agree with a lot of that, except "PH has tried to play a more expansive brand of football". I don't see any brand at all, that's one of the main problems.

I don't think he has been very successful at it, but I think the intent was there to play more expansively. Hence, "tried". He said on numerous occasions in interviews, knowing what the complaints were about MMs football, that he wants to play more attractive football. Even in today's interview, PH stated the difference between our hoofs to Freddie's head in comparison to a ball played long into the channel to (Eze?) for QPR. In other words, their players are capable of doing what I would like mine to do.

There are many other examples. As far as I can judge, we are attempting to play out from the back before more often than not resorting to hoofing it. Skuse is attempting to play forward balls and even trying to get on the end of things in the opposing box, but he just isn't very good at it.

Agreed though, what PH wants to see happening and what we are actually capable of are far apart from one another.
Bullish from PH on 12:41 - Oct 23 with 4358 viewsportmanroadblue

Maybe he shouldn't have got rid of Mcgoldrick, Garner and Waghorn.
Bullish from PH on 12:50 - Oct 23 with 4301 viewsFrankfurtBlue

Bullish from PH on 12:41 - Oct 23 by portmanroadblue

Or, if all three really wanted out, as he states, he and ME shoud have been adequately prepared to replace them with players of an equal or better standard.
Bullish from PH on 12:51 - Oct 23 with 4291 viewsBLUEBEAT

Bullish from PH on 12:41 - Oct 23 by portmanroadblue

3 people who didn’t want to be here anymore?

Couldn’t stop McG and the other 2 would have dropped down several gears due to being forced into an unhappy situation.

Selling them was the right thing to do but spunking the money on loads of unproven Championship players was the wrong thing to do.
[Post edited 23 Oct 2018 12:55]

Poll: ACID, FUNK, ACID FUNK?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024