Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I'm normally a glass half full sort of person 13:38 - Oct 22 with 1334 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

I tend to see the positives rather than the negatives and even when we headed to Swansea I felt that maybe it could be the day without really believing it.

It's a funny old game Saint I know, but I do sincerely believe that Wednesday night could represent an absolute mauling of the six or seven goals variety.

Leeds are one of the best footballing sides seen at this level for some time. They've been very good even when they've been beaten, they've just faced other teams that put in a hell of a performance.

With what we currently offer and what they are all about, it does look as if it could be an absolute tanking. Everything they are good at, we are poor at and if we keep that back four, with players so painfully out of position, I dread to think.

It would be as unlikely a victory as I can remember since Blackburn in the FA Cup in 95 if we pull it off. We've played away to the leaders in this division when we've been poor before and nicked a result, but never have we been this bad, facing a team that (whilst not top) are this good in the places we struggle.

Their movement is going to absolutely kill us.

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

I'm normally a glass half full sort of person on 13:42 - Oct 22 with 1321 viewsFrimleyBlue

Warky, you were one of a few who very strongly disagreed with everything I said over the past couple months.

But don't take this as a 'ha told ya', its worrying how quickly the 'patient' folk have now joined in the worry group.

What I mean by this, in a relegation scap you need togetherness. In the space of 6 weeks, we've gone from a minority to a majority of worried supporters and this leads to a negative Portman Road, which I think has only seen what 2 wins in 18 home games or something crazy..

Evans imo needs to act before it gets to the Mick level of hatred (not a majority feeling) but those who used their voices at PR, if this happens, it's not going to help any cause that we have.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

I'm normally a glass half full sort of person on 13:45 - Oct 22 with 1302 viewslowhouseblue

we're beyond the glass being half full or half empty. sadly, the glass is now broken.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

I'm normally a glass half full sort of person on 13:47 - Oct 22 with 1287 viewsoldollie

I'm normally a glass half full sort of person on 13:45 - Oct 22 by lowhouseblue

we're beyond the glass being half full or half empty. sadly, the glass is now broken.

Before the dawn is the darkest hour

Keep your pecker up Hurst will sort it out I am very confident, you don’t become a bad manager overnight
I'm normally a glass half full sort of person on 13:47 - Oct 22 with 1287 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

I'm normally a glass half full sort of person on 13:42 - Oct 22 by FrimleyBlue

Warky, you were one of a few who very strongly disagreed with everything I said over the past couple months.

But don't take this as a 'ha told ya', its worrying how quickly the 'patient' folk have now joined in the worry group.

What I mean by this, in a relegation scap you need togetherness. In the space of 6 weeks, we've gone from a minority to a majority of worried supporters and this leads to a negative Portman Road, which I think has only seen what 2 wins in 18 home games or something crazy..

Evans imo needs to act before it gets to the Mick level of hatred (not a majority feeling) but those who used their voices at PR, if this happens, it's not going to help any cause that we have.

You may ultimately prove to be right, but I didn't agree 6 weeks ago that people could accurately call how Hurst's tenure would pan out. Certainly there were worrying signs but at that stage we'd had a spirited draw against Villa with 10 men, an undeserved loss to Rotherham, a decent 45 minutes against Blackburn. It wasn't great but there were signs it would click.

6 weeks on Frimley we look much worse than at the start of the season. We have more questions than answers and we look like a side that's 15 points adrift and who has given up, even after our first win when we should have been flying.

For me if we were playing well I'd be patient, playing youth I'd be patient, showing signs of progress I'd be patient.

But we have a team that has no style or substance, half of whom are loan players, not creating anything, looking like conceding every time the opposition attacks, lacking most of the young players we thought we would integrate. It's a shambles.

Hurst has got desperate trying to make it better but instead of adding a car to the fuel he's added a lit match.

I'm normally a glass half full sort of person on 13:49 - Oct 22 with 1275 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

I'm normally a glass half full sort of person on 13:47 - Oct 22 by oldollie

Keep your pecker up Hurst will sort it out I am very confident, you don’t become a bad manager overnight

Sadly it looks exactly like Hurst has become a bad manager overnight.

We aren't doing a single thing he is known for or has been successful at.

I'm normally a glass half full sort of person on 13:53 - Oct 22 with 1259 viewsGuthrum

I'm normally a glass half full sort of person on 13:42 - Oct 22 by FrimleyBlue

The key word in here is 'worried'.

With McCarthy, people were annoyed by the style of play and angered by the way he was reacting to fans at the end. It was antagonism rather than concern for the future.

Now, almost all are actively worried that we are facing a relegation scenario unless something changes in a big way, very soon. Any thin shreds of hope are constantly being blown away before they have a chance to accumulate.

I don't think we will get the same kind of personalised rage as was seen last spring, more just blanket despair, plus frustration directed at the owner if it continues and he doesn't act.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

I'm normally a glass half full sort of person on 13:54 - Oct 22 with 1251 viewsjudespiveyg

I'm normally a glass half full sort of person on 13:47 - Oct 22 by oldollie

Had a look at that horrible Pink one forum and they have a thread confirming you're a Norwich fan, so why don't you leave and run off back to the world's cockiest and most degenerate football forum.
http://services.pinkun.com/forums/pinkun-forums/cs/forums/3659691/ShowPost.aspx there's the proof as well.

I survived Ipswich 0-0 Burton

I'm normally a glass half full sort of person on 13:56 - Oct 22 with 1238 viewsFrimleyBlue

I'm normally a glass half full sort of person on 13:49 - Oct 22 by WarkTheWarkITFC

Sadly it looks exactly like Hurst has become a bad manager overnight.

We aren't doing a single thing he is known for or has been successful at.

I still think the reason why he's not being successful is the type of team he likes to have isn't good enough for the championship.

His teams have all been about pace, fitness and pressure,

Championship teams are smarter and because of the money involved a lot fitter than lower league players too imo.

So whilst working on the fitness of lower league players and coming up against teams that might not last 90 minutes, it was never going to work at this level, teams have the quality to hold the ball, break up play, cope with pressures. etc
[Post edited 22 Oct 2018 14:04]

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Login to get fewer ads

I'm normally a glass half full sort of person on 14:06 - Oct 22 with 1185 viewsTractorJack

Agreed. The fact that we gave away 2 goals and a few other big chances to QPR at home suggests Leeds could do some serious damage. The only thing we can rely on is poor finishing from Leeds but that's literally the only way I see us avoiding a battering.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024