Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
One person can't make a difference but... 12:26 - Sep 18 with 14141 viewsmonytowbray

...I found out this morning 1,000 dairy farms closed over 2013-2016 because people are switching off of milk for alternatives.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-36764592

I honestly believe within the next 50-100 years we'll look back as a race on the consumption of cow milk and consider how backwards it was.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

One person can't make a difference but... on 16:26 - Sep 18 with 2283 viewsyorkshire

Funnily enough just reading this thread (or at least the start of it) made me go and get a big glass of milk - loved the stuff when I was a kid and could drink a whole bottle

Consider myself pretty liberal these days but really sick of people trying to push their views onto others - you want to be a vegan, thats fine - your choice but leave the rest of us to have some sort of enjoyment in life !
One person can't make a difference but... on 16:28 - Sep 18 with 2275 viewsmonytowbray

One person can't make a difference but... on 16:26 - Sep 18 by yorkshire

Funnily enough just reading this thread (or at least the start of it) made me go and get a big glass of milk - loved the stuff when I was a kid and could drink a whole bottle

Consider myself pretty liberal these days but really sick of people trying to push their views onto others - you want to be a vegan, thats fine - your choice but leave the rest of us to have some sort of enjoyment in life !

Sort of like all the KFC and McDonalds adverts I pass every day?

I can promise you meat is pushed onto me far more often than you have to hear someone say the V word!

TWTD never forgets…

One person can't make a difference but... on 16:30 - Sep 18 with 2264 viewsJ2BLUE

One person can't make a difference but... on 16:28 - Sep 18 by monytowbray

I can promise you meat is pushed onto me far more often than you have to hear someone say the V word!

Advertising is a bit different to posting about it on a forum (I don't personally have an issue with it). Nothing to stop vegan companies advertising.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

One person can't make a difference but... on 16:30 - Sep 18 with 2260 viewsmonytowbray

One person can't make a difference but... on 16:30 - Sep 18 by J2BLUE

Advertising is a bit different to posting about it on a forum (I don't personally have an issue with it). Nothing to stop vegan companies advertising.

Alright, burger threads then!

TWTD never forgets…

One person can't make a difference but... on 16:32 - Sep 18 with 2252 viewsJ2BLUE

One person can't make a difference but... on 16:30 - Sep 18 by monytowbray

Alright, burger threads then!

Fair point.

Truly impaired.

One person can't make a difference but... on 16:52 - Sep 18 with 2219 viewsyorkshire

One person can't make a difference but... on 16:28 - Sep 18 by monytowbray

Pretty much a straw man argument there - veganism is promotion of a way of life that excludes various items - brand advertising isn't about exclusion at all - it is about offering a product that you free to purchase or not
One person can't make a difference but... on 17:17 - Sep 18 with 2186 viewsmonytowbray

One person can't make a difference but... on 16:52 - Sep 18 by yorkshire

Pretty much a straw man argument there - veganism is promotion of a way of life that excludes various items - brand advertising isn't about exclusion at all - it is about offering a product that you free to purchase or not

Who is forcing you to go vegan?

TWTD never forgets…

One person can't make a difference but... on 17:24 - Sep 18 with 2181 viewsRyorry

One person can't make a difference but... on 16:16 - Sep 18 by tampa_bay

Kale? Tofu? Broccoli? Soy milk? Sweet potato? Hummus? Google?

I'm allergic to all the cabbage family and sweet potato (sadly re the latter, as I love it).
Tofu I just found disgusting.
Several of my previous posts mention that I already drink/eat soya beans.

Do you really think I've gone all these 29 years of dairy allergy without looking at all the calcium alternatives and seeing a dietician?
[Post edited 18 Sep 2018 17:28]

Poll: Time of the annunciation

Login to get fewer ads

One person can't make a difference but... on 17:29 - Sep 18 with 2166 viewsyorkshire

One person can't make a difference but... on 17:17 - Sep 18 by monytowbray

Who is forcing you to go vegan?

Well this sort of comment suggests that drinking milk is pretty backwards which is pretty insulting to those of us that do

"I honestly believe within the next 50-100 years we'll look back as a race on the consumption of cow milk and consider how backwards it was. "

My point was that veganism as a whole is not about letting people eat what they want is it
One person can't make a difference but... on 17:33 - Sep 18 with 2155 viewsmonytowbray

One person can't make a difference but... on 17:29 - Sep 18 by yorkshire

Well this sort of comment suggests that drinking milk is pretty backwards which is pretty insulting to those of us that do

"I honestly believe within the next 50-100 years we'll look back as a race on the consumption of cow milk and consider how backwards it was. "

My point was that veganism as a whole is not about letting people eat what they want is it

I'm just promoting my PoV alongside evidence to support it.

Much like some people on here like to promote their PoV as to what burgers they enjoy and evidence as to why they enjoyed it.

No one is forcing you to not eat meat, no one is forcing me to eat meat. The whole "I'm being forced against my will to go vegan" thing is OTT nonsense. It's just promotion of a lifestyle and the reality behind social eating norms.

TWTD never forgets…

One person can't make a difference but... on 17:35 - Sep 18 with 2151 viewstampa_bay

One person can't make a difference but... on 17:24 - Sep 18 by Ryorry

I'm allergic to all the cabbage family and sweet potato (sadly re the latter, as I love it).
Tofu I just found disgusting.
Several of my previous posts mention that I already drink/eat soya beans.

Do you really think I've gone all these 29 years of dairy allergy without looking at all the calcium alternatives and seeing a dietician?
[Post edited 18 Sep 2018 17:28]

I was making more of a general point re calcium rather addressing your specific, extremely rare, dietary requirements.
One person can't make a difference but... on 17:36 - Sep 18 with 2148 viewsRyorry

One person can't make a difference but... on 17:35 - Sep 18 by tampa_bay

I was making more of a general point re calcium rather addressing your specific, extremely rare, dietary requirements.

Not rare for many people with Crohns/UC.

And if you were making "more of a general point", why did you patronisingly tell me to google?
[Post edited 18 Sep 2018 17:46]

One person can't make a difference but... on 17:36 - Sep 18 with 2147 viewsjudespiveyg

Well we've kept our dairy farm open and mean to continue for many more years.

I survived Ipswich 0-0 Burton

One person can't make a difference but... on 17:39 - Sep 18 with 2136 viewsJ2BLUE

One person can't make a difference but... on 17:36 - Sep 18 by judespiveyg

Well we've kept our dairy farm open and mean to continue for many more years.

You monster

Truly impaired.

One person can't make a difference but... on 17:46 - Sep 18 with 2120 viewsSpruceMoose

One person can't make a difference but... on 17:39 - Sep 18 by J2BLUE

You monster

Joke is on you. They actually produce rat milk.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

One person can't make a difference but... on 17:47 - Sep 18 with 2119 viewsKropotkin123

The original poster really seems to be milking the vegan angle.

Arguably that video is the best thing to come out of veganism. Puntastic.
[Post edited 18 Sep 2018 17:53]

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

One person can't make a difference but... on 17:55 - Sep 18 with 2106 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

One person can't make a difference but... on 13:03 - Sep 18 by giant_stow

uh oh....

So you say he’s basically encouraging the extra slavery of cows. Shocking scenes.

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

One person can't make a difference but... on 18:03 - Sep 18 with 2087 viewsRob88

One person can't make a difference but... on 15:13 - Sep 18 by Rob88

Video doesn’t work. Could you type the address or link please?

Thanks for sharing.

It’s very very biased!

There is certainly some truth in it but it lacks balance and is full of inflammatory and at times misleading statements.

Sounds like what she is really concerned about (and rightly so) is welfare.

*I have responded to the wrong post.
[Post edited 18 Sep 2018 18:08]
One person can't make a difference but... on 18:05 - Sep 18 with 2079 viewsRob88

One person can't make a difference but... on 16:52 - Sep 18 by yorkshire

I accidentally downvoted that, which wasn’t my intention.

I agree.
One person can't make a difference but... on 18:06 - Sep 18 with 2075 viewsSpruceMoose

One person can't make a difference but... on 18:05 - Sep 18 by Rob88

I accidentally downvoted that, which wasn’t my intention.

I agree.

Your thumbs have grown too fat on full fat milk my friend!

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

One person can't make a difference but... on 18:08 - Sep 18 with 2069 viewsfactual_blue

One person can't make a difference but... on 15:33 - Sep 18 by J2BLUE

Brexit is going to take 19 years to melt the system down eh?

We won't have agreed a final deal by then.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

One person can't make a difference but... on 18:13 - Sep 18 with 2063 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

One person can't make a difference but... on 18:08 - Sep 18 by factual_blue

We won't have agreed a final deal by then.

Certainly dragging on abit ain’t it.

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

One person can't make a difference but... on 18:28 - Sep 18 with 2050 viewsRyorry

One person can't make a difference but... on 18:13 - Sep 18 by The_Romford_Blue

Certainly dragging on abit ain’t it.

Yeah, an it's all your "I guessed" fault!!

One person can't make a difference but... on 18:57 - Sep 18 with 2029 viewstampa_bay

One person can't make a difference but... on 18:03 - Sep 18 by Rob88

Thanks for sharing.

It’s very very biased!

There is certainly some truth in it but it lacks balance and is full of inflammatory and at times misleading statements.

Sounds like what she is really concerned about (and rightly so) is welfare.

*I have responded to the wrong post.
[Post edited 18 Sep 2018 18:08]

I’d be interested to know what you found misleading?
One person can't make a difference but... on 19:23 - Sep 18 with 2011 viewsRob88

One person can't make a difference but... on 18:57 - Sep 18 by tampa_bay

I’d be interested to know what you found misleading?

To give one example she talks about it being common to find blood and puss in milk, that statement doesn’t pass a straight face test.

I know what she has done/doing and it’s misleading but no doubt effective in achieving her aim of stopping people drinking milk.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024