Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 13:22 - Aug 28 with 6913 viewsjennygw

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[Post edited 24 Oct 2018 23:21]
Paul Hurst Supporters Group on 13:25 - Aug 28 with 3333 viewsSpruceMoose

A safe haven? Is the rest of the world so threatening to those who support Paul Hurst?

Does anyone not support Paul Hurst at this moment in time?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Paul Hurst Supporters Group on 13:25 - Aug 28 with 3341 viewsSteve_M

There are very few, if any, Town fans who aren't behind Paul Hurst. What there is is is debate, most of it quite rational, about a team who have started the season slowly, keep conceding awful goals from set pieces and aren't scoring many. It would be odd if there weren't.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Paul Hurst Supporters Group on 13:29 - Aug 28 with 3298 viewsReuser_is_God

Yes, because what we need right now is further divisions amongst supporters.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Paul Hurst Supporters Group on 13:30 - Aug 28 with 3272 viewsSpruceMoose

Paul Hurst Supporters Group on 13:29 - Aug 28 by Reuser_is_God

Yes, because what we need right now is further divisions amongst supporters.

I'm genuinely coming to believe you should need an internet licence to go online, much like one needs a driving license before getting behind the wheel.

Internet licenses would be up for suspension too...

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Good lord... on 13:31 - Aug 28 with 3273 viewsBloots

....that is tinpottery of Norwich City levels.

Man up love.

Woman up mate.

(delete as applicable)

AKA - "Elite Pete"

Eh? on 13:31 - Aug 28 with 3275 viewsDyland

95%+ of ITFC fans are behind Paul Hurst.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Paul Hurst Supporters Group on 13:32 - Aug 28 with 3264 viewsReuser_is_God

Paul Hurst Supporters Group on 13:30 - Aug 28 by SpruceMoose

I'm genuinely coming to believe you should need an internet licence to go online, much like one needs a driving license before getting behind the wheel.

Internet licenses would be up for suspension too...

I thought some of the stuff I read on here/Twitter during the last knockings of the MM reign were bad but it's being topped on here recently.

TWTD has become extremely boring for sensible people.
[Post edited 28 Aug 2018 13:33]

Evans out

Paul Hurst Supporters Group on 13:33 - Aug 28 with 3240 viewsNo9

Paul Hurst Supporters Group on 13:25 - Aug 28 by Steve_M

There are very few, if any, Town fans who aren't behind Paul Hurst. What there is is is debate, most of it quite rational, about a team who have started the season slowly, keep conceding awful goals from set pieces and aren't scoring many. It would be odd if there weren't.

Entirely correct Steve
Login to get fewer ads

Paul Hurst Supporters Group on 13:34 - Aug 28 with 3236 viewsElephantintheRoom

Paul Hurst Supporters Group on 13:25 - Aug 28 by Steve_M

I'd argue that the majority of supporters are not behind him until he proves himself worthy of support. His attitude on arrival bordered on arrogance and seems to have unsettled the established players. Did he HAVE to sell so many or did they jump ship?His ignoring of young players hoping to make the breakthrough this season is little short of criminal so far. And he has signed a hotchpotch of players many of whom are in positions that were already covered. I'm hoping he proves himself but so far I have been unimpressed with his approach even if he talks the talk. PR is easy, even if it was ultimately beyond MM. He has to deliver a coherent narrative on the pitch. I wish him well but so far question whether he is not out of his depth.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Paul Hurst Supporters Group on 13:35 - Aug 28 with 3207 viewsSpruceMoose

Paul Hurst Supporters Group on 13:32 - Aug 28 by Reuser_is_God

I thought some of the stuff I read on here/Twitter during the last knockings of the MM reign were bad but it's being topped on here recently.

It's all extremes. For some folk it's either EVERY THING IS TERRIBLE or EVERYTHING IS WONDERFUL. There's nothing in the middle.

Where's the safe space for us 'wait and see' types?

I sick of it. I should have gone with wkj to harvest organs when he offered me the chance.

How would you know? (n/t) on 13:35 - Aug 28 with 3206 viewsBloots

Paul Hurst Supporters Group on 13:32 - Aug 28 by Reuser_is_God

AKA - "Elite Pete"

How would you know? (n/t) on 13:36 - Aug 28 with 3199 viewsReuser_is_God

How would you know? (n/t) on 13:35 - Aug 28 by Bloots

Great banter.

Evans out

Paul Hurst Supporters Group on 13:37 - Aug 28 with 3174 viewsSomethingBlue

Well-meaning I'm sure but for me something like this only perpetuates the idea that there even needs to be a pro/anti-Hurst thing going on at the moment — it feels insane even to be typing this to be honest.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Paul Hurst Supporters Group on 13:39 - Aug 28 with 3141 viewsSpruceMoose

Paul Hurst Supporters Group on 13:37 - Aug 28 by SomethingBlue

Well-meaning I'm sure but for me something like this only perpetuates the idea that there even needs to be a pro/anti-Hurst thing going on at the moment — it feels insane even to be typing this to be honest.

It's a tale as old as time.

The classic look at me, I'm a bigger/more serious/more dedicated fan than you. Join me and you too can touch my greatness.

Many have come before the sages of TWTD flaunting this outlook. All have been dispatched. Nothing to see here.

xxxxxxxxxxxxx on 13:39 - Aug 28 with 3131 viewsjennygw

Paul Hurst Supporters Group on 13:33 - Aug 28 by No9

Entirely correct Steve

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[Post edited 24 Oct 2018 23:23]
Paul Hurst Supporters Group on 13:40 - Aug 28 with 3125 viewsReuser_is_God

Paul Hurst Supporters Group on 13:34 - Aug 28 by ElephantintheRoom

I'd argue that the majority of supporters are not behind him until he proves himself worthy of support. His attitude on arrival bordered on arrogance and seems to have unsettled the established players. Did he HAVE to sell so many or did they jump ship?His ignoring of young players hoping to make the breakthrough this season is little short of criminal so far. And he has signed a hotchpotch of players many of whom are in positions that were already covered. I'm hoping he proves himself but so far I have been unimpressed with his approach even if he talks the talk. PR is easy, even if it was ultimately beyond MM. He has to deliver a coherent narrative on the pitch. I wish him well but so far question whether he is not out of his depth.

Webster - Wanted the move because he feels he has better chance of playing in the PL with his new club & we were offered a good fee for him.
Waghorn - see above.
Garner - Wanted the move for personal reasons.

Not a great deal you can do there.

Evans out

Eh? on 13:41 - Aug 28 with 3100 viewsHennikerBlu

Eh? on 13:31 - Aug 28 by Dyland

95%+ of ITFC fans are behind Paul Hurst.

Dyland I really wonder why we have to look for division at this early stage. It will all look a bit silly if PH becomes a runaway success and a Prem League club come in for him. But maybe I have it wrong perhaps it is like loving the Partridge Family and having a separate David Cassidy fan club?

I support the club first and foremost.
Paul Hurst Supporters Group on 13:42 - Aug 28 with 3068 viewsSpruceMoose

Paul Hurst Supporters Group on 13:43 - Aug 28 with 3071 viewsIllinoisblue

Paul Hurst Supporters Group on 13:39 - Aug 28 by SpruceMoose

It's a tale as old as time.

The classic look at me, I'm a bigger/more serious/more dedicated fan than you. Join me and you too can touch my greatness.

Many have come before the sages of TWTD flaunting this outlook. All have been dispatched. Nothing to see here.

Have to assume the fb page was created by a 12 year old, or a budgie on a wind-up. Either way, a little part of me dies inside knowing this situation is even a thing.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Paul Hurst Supporters Group on 13:44 - Aug 28 with 3046 viewshomer_123

xxxxxxxxxxxxx on 13:39 - Aug 28 by jennygw

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[Post edited 24 Oct 2018 23:23]

I haven't seen anyone calling for Hursts head or be negative about what he's trying to do.

I have seen plenty of debate about how he's going about it, where we might need further improvements, questions about issues we are currently facing.

Anything wrong with that?

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Paul Hurst Supporters Group on 13:45 - Aug 28 with 3031 viewsElephantintheRoom

Paul Hurst Supporters Group on 13:40 - Aug 28 by Reuser_is_God

Webster - Wanted the move because he feels he has better chance of playing in the PL with his new club & we were offered a good fee for him.
Waghorn - see above.
Garner - Wanted the move for personal reasons.

Not a great deal you can do there.

Agreed when you put it like that. BUT a new manager, new perspective, exciting times ahead etc. He could have got some of them to buy into it if he wanted to. It's somewhat unusual to sell your best players rather than build around them.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Paul Hurst Supporters Group on 13:46 - Aug 28 with 3009 viewsSpruceMoose

Paul Hurst Supporters Group on 13:45 - Aug 28 by ElephantintheRoom

Agreed when you put it like that. BUT a new manager, new perspective, exciting times ahead etc. He could have got some of them to buy into it if he wanted to. It's somewhat unusual to sell your best players rather than build around them.

Concern troll is concerned.

Paul Hurst Supporters Group on 13:46 - Aug 28 with 3014 viewshomer_123

So, what you are wanting is a place where you can have only positive thoughts on Paul Hurst?

No alternative views, opinions, feelings, thoughts or ideas? No opportunity to discuss the merits of what Hurst is trying to do or how he is going about it?

Each to their own, and good luck. I wish you and yours all the best. However, why I rather love TWTD is that, generally, most on here will discuss and debate differing views and opinions (not always, but mostly).

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Indeed on 13:46 - Aug 28 with 3011 viewsDyland

Eh? on 13:41 - Aug 28 by HennikerBlu

Dyland I really wonder why we have to look for division at this early stage. It will all look a bit silly if PH becomes a runaway success and a Prem League club come in for him. But maybe I have it wrong perhaps it is like loving the Partridge Family and having a separate David Cassidy fan club?

I support the club first and foremost.

As someone else commented though, I'm sure this FB group is well meaning.

It's all a bit surreal though.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Paul Hurst Supporters Group on 13:47 - Aug 28 with 2993 viewsSuperfrans

🙄

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024