Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bart is a liability (n/t) 17:25 - Aug 25 with 6074 viewsArnieM

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Bart is a liability (n/t) on 09:11 - Aug 26 with 1067 viewsChocorange

Yet a look at the player ratings yesterday , again has him M of the M for us.

He wasnt from where I was standing.
Bart is a liability (n/t) on 09:31 - Aug 26 with 1046 viewsPJH

He has actually had very few saves to make so far this season which is what he excels in.
The whole defence is looking vulnerable when the ball is in the air and his kicking is ,if anything,is getting worse.
Whatever the reason is or reasons are Bart is not looking like a top Championship keeper at the moment which is what he has been for the previous two and a half years.
Bart is a liability (n/t) on 09:39 - Aug 26 with 1034 viewsVaughan8

I know some on here don't like any criticism against him but both goals yesterday he was nowhere near and is definitely part at fault if not mostly.

However he has been good previously which is why he is getting some leeway. However he seems to be at fault for a goal each game. Surely it must be time to give Gerken a try. Though surely isn't match fit?

Imagine this was Gerken a few years ago when Mick kept playing him. This board would have exploded.
Bart is a liability (n/t) on 09:45 - Aug 26 with 1032 viewsVaughan8

Bart is a liability (n/t) on 08:40 - Aug 26 by Bluebell

This is my thought too.

Last season he had Spence, Chambers (in his correct position ) Webster and Knudsen. When Webster was injured and with Carter Vickers in the team Mick very often played three at the back with Spence and Kenlock on the wing.

To my mind Bart felt safe with those players especially with Skuse in the team too.

Hopefully he will get used to Hurst's formation and players so it is stupid to write him off yet.
[Post edited 26 Aug 2018 9:06]

Does coming out for crosses really change whatever players/formation/tactics?

I appreciate it if it was from open play but a lot of these goals are from freekicks/corners.

I don't play professional football but for a goalie surely coming for crosses doesn't change whoever is playing? If he can't get it he should stay on his line? Both goals yeste4day he is in no man's land.
Bart is a liability (n/t) on 10:09 - Aug 26 with 1008 viewshowdonblue

Bart is a liability (n/t) on 09:45 - Aug 26 by Vaughan8

Does coming out for crosses really change whatever players/formation/tactics?

I appreciate it if it was from open play but a lot of these goals are from freekicks/corners.

I don't play professional football but for a goalie surely coming for crosses doesn't change whoever is playing? If he can't get it he should stay on his line? Both goals yeste4day he is in no man's land.

Agree totally

No mans land

Poor keeping in my opinion
Bart is a liability (n/t) on 10:56 - Aug 26 with 990 viewslukey130490

I genuinely believe that next week will come down to which goalkeeper/backline makes the fewest mistakes. Neither Bart nor krul are pulling up any trees atm
Bart is a liability (n/t) on 11:07 - Aug 26 with 986 viewsTrequartista

If you had a striker who scored 20 a season for three seasons in a row not scoring in the first 5 games of the season, would you boot him out or persevere? I'm not saying Bart's place should be guaranteed if this poor form continues, but he needs a chance to regain his form, which if he did would give us an excellent chance of winning some games.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Bart is a liability (n/t) on 12:14 - Aug 26 with 954 viewschristiand

Bart is a liability (n/t) on 11:07 - Aug 26 by Trequartista

If you had a striker who scored 20 a season for three seasons in a row not scoring in the first 5 games of the season, would you boot him out or persevere? I'm not saying Bart's place should be guaranteed if this poor form continues, but he needs a chance to regain his form, which if he did would give us an excellent chance of winning some games.

That's not really 'a like for like' comparison though. Being a goalkeeper is about making sure your performance is about minimal mistakes, being confident, commanding and inspiring confidence. I'm not convinced Bart has done that so far this season. He's made a number of mistakes, which have proved costly, I'd also make him culpable for the first goal yesterday, completely misjudged the flight of the ball, although Chalobah could have done better marking his player. These mistakes will begin to challenge him mentally and he'll start to doubt himself, he'll know without any of us on here reminding him. It's a tough one because no doubt he has been our best player for the last few seasons and has that in the bank, but these regular mistakes are costing us goals, games and points this season. It's yet another tough decision for PH. I'd give him the derby game on Sunday and see how he does, we then have the international break to review.
[Post edited 26 Aug 2018 12:24]

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Login to get fewer ads

Bart is a liability (n/t) on 12:17 - Aug 26 with 953 viewssparks

Bart is a liability (n/t) on 19:10 - Aug 25 by Melford

He's played at such a high standard for the last couple of years, single handedly literally saving us points. He's created such a high bar for himself, but he doesn't seem his usual self so far this season, I think you could say prime Bart wouldn't have shipped those goals against Blackburn for example. I think he's had a bit of a World Cup hangover mentally, he's never been at a top club, he was knocking around the lower leagues before he came to us and he's played his way into his country's World Cup squad, fulfilling his old man's dying wish. That was probably beyond his wildest dreams when he released by Southampton and pitched up at Notts County.

Indeed. Whatever the factors involved- a Bart in top form probably keeps several goals out and we win yesterday and against Blackburn.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024