Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Manchester City All or Nothing 10:56 - Aug 23 with 4475 viewsskyblue23

Has anybody watched the 8 episode amazon prime documentary about Manchester City?

I've just finished and it really is brilliant.

It has given me a new outlook on Manchester City. Yes they do spend millions, but it's what they've spent there millions on that is remarkable! Pep Guardiola is sensational, his knowledge of the game and man management is superb, as well as his whole team from coaches, medical staff and even the kit man!

The player chemistry is second to none. I would never have imagined players as big as Kompany, Stones, Silva etc would go to a local pub after Man Utd lost against West Brom to hand them the title and celebrate with locals.

If you have amazon prime it's well worth a watch. Just be warned, if you're like me you will feel an immense amount of jealousy!

Poll: Paul Lambert moves on, would you be happy if Jim Magilton was given another go?

Manchester City All or Nothing on 11:09 - Aug 23 with 4433 viewsGarv

Spoiler!

I've seen the first one or two epidoes. It's a good watch.

I feel like clubs have missed a trick up until now to be honest. Yes, you've got all the social media bits and pieces, signings revealed in stupid ways etc, but you never get a proper idea of what it's like the other end of the tunnel or at the training ground.

Credit to them for putting it out there though, most clubs wouldn't.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Manchester City All or Nothing on 11:12 - Aug 23 with 4427 viewsSomethingBlue

It looks lovely but by the same token it is largely glorified club puff and much as the access is great I'm not sure too much of this stuff is a healthy way forward unless it's counter-balanced strongly elsewhere in the media.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Manchester City All or Nothing on 11:12 - Aug 23 with 4422 viewsskyblue23

Manchester City All or Nothing on 11:09 - Aug 23 by Garv

Spoiler!

I feel like clubs have missed a trick up until now to be honest. Yes, you've got all the social media bits and pieces, signings revealed in stupid ways etc, but you never get a proper idea of what it's like the other end of the tunnel or at the training ground.

Even just for the players/staff to look back on one day. Every ex player can youtube big moments but you wouldn't get to see anything like this. Also for the fans obviously too!

Poll: Paul Lambert moves on, would you be happy if Jim Magilton was given another go?

Manchester City All or Nothing on 11:32 - Aug 23 with 4357 viewsBerlinBlue

Manchester City All or Nothing on 11:12 - Aug 23 by skyblue23

Even just for the players/staff to look back on one day. Every ex player can youtube big moments but you wouldn't get to see anything like this. Also for the fans obviously too!

Talking of their fans, I stumbled upon live coverage of City's trophy parade back in May and was surprised to see the fans' celebrations were rather muted. It was a bit weird, esp since they'd spent a season witnessing one of the Premier League's best-ever teams destroying (mostly) all before them. Can you imagine the scenes in Ipswich if we ever find ourselves in that position?
Manchester City All or Nothing on 11:51 - Aug 23 with 4323 viewsbrazil1982

Manchester City All or Nothing on 11:32 - Aug 23 by BerlinBlue

Talking of their fans, I stumbled upon live coverage of City's trophy parade back in May and was surprised to see the fans' celebrations were rather muted. It was a bit weird, esp since they'd spent a season witnessing one of the Premier League's best-ever teams destroying (mostly) all before them. Can you imagine the scenes in Ipswich if we ever find ourselves in that position?

City fans seem to be too used to it now, and are a very demanding lot now. Their fan base in Manchester isn't as huge as you'd think.
Manchester City All or Nothing on 12:15 - Aug 23 with 4279 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

I agree gave me a total different outlook on Man City. Didn’t like there approach but they run their club so well. And if you didn’t know.... Guardiola is a genius.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Manchester City All or Nothing on 12:31 - Aug 23 with 4241 viewsBerlinBlue

Manchester City All or Nothing on 12:15 - Aug 23 by TheTrueBlue1878

I agree gave me a total different outlook on Man City. Didn’t like there approach but they run their club so well. And if you didn’t know.... Guardiola is a genius.

Pep's had success wherever he's been and I don't doubt he's a very good manager. I'd still like to see what he could do with a team with relatively little money.
Manchester City All or Nothing on 14:11 - Aug 23 with 4135 viewsSW6Tractor

It was interesting but I was quite disappointed. Was essentially just a storytelling of last season (which we knew the result of) that could have come out of the PR dept. Wasn't the fly-on-the-wall I really wanted, talking concepts, training methods etc.

Facilities look great, very similar to NFL teams with briefing rooms etc. and shows how they're really taking it to another level. Compare those training facilities to the old "fridge" at Portman Road!!!
Login to get fewer ads

Manchester City All or Nothing on 18:02 - Aug 23 with 4025 viewsitfcjoe

Manchester City All or Nothing on 11:12 - Aug 23 by SomethingBlue

It looks lovely but by the same token it is largely glorified club puff and much as the access is great I'm not sure too much of this stuff is a healthy way forward unless it's counter-balanced strongly elsewhere in the media.

Pep is the absolute daddy though

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Manchester City All or Nothing on 18:04 - Aug 23 with 4019 viewscobbler

I watched it last weekend and I agree it was great viewing .
Manchester City All or Nothing on 18:12 - Aug 23 with 4007 viewsSomethingBlue

Manchester City All or Nothing on 18:02 - Aug 23 by itfcjoe

Pep is the absolute daddy though

He is, and on a footballing level I love them but I just feel uncomfortable about the overall conceit and think most people should.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Manchester City All or Nothing on 18:14 - Aug 23 with 4003 viewsgt81

Manchester City All or Nothing on 18:12 - Aug 23 by SomethingBlue

He is, and on a footballing level I love them but I just feel uncomfortable about the overall conceit and think most people should.

Conceit? Can you explain, not a criticism just interested in what you mean?

Edit: sorry, was tired last night.. thought you were referring to Guardiola rather than the documentary itself :-/
[Post edited 24 Aug 2018 7:21]
Manchester City All or Nothing on 18:18 - Aug 23 with 3990 viewsitfcjoe

Manchester City All or Nothing on 18:12 - Aug 23 by SomethingBlue

It's certainly appears to be a puff piece, but as a follower of American Football, it's good to see some behind scenes stuff in the PL because it is so normal in the US.

Too many people in football think it is like the magic circle and has to be kept away from Joe Public when that just isn't the case.

Just as a note I'm 20 minutes into the first episode so can't give too much of a solid opinion

Manchester City All or Nothing on 18:31 - Aug 23 with 3970 viewsMelford

It'll have to be good to beat Club For A Fiver

Edit: It's a bit sweary.
[Post edited 23 Aug 2018 18:32]

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

Manchester City All or Nothing on 19:14 - Aug 23 with 3925 viewsBrixtonBlue

Manchester City All or Nothing on 11:09 - Aug 23 by Garv

Spoiler!

Town have done 'behind the scenes on matchday' videos which I've always enjoyed watching. They should bring those back.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Manchester City All or Nothing on 19:44 - Aug 23 with 3901 viewsbelgablue

Not managed to watch it yet but planning to. The All or Nothing series on American Football are well worth watching even if like me you know very little about the game.

Poll: Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer?

Manchester City All or Nothing on 19:48 - Aug 23 with 3896 viewsBluespeed225

They made ‘The First 90 Minutes’ about us in 81/82 season, a similar thing. If we’d have won the league that season it would be regarded as a classic doc’.
Manchester City All or Nothing on 20:13 - Aug 23 with 3876 viewsitfcjoe

Manchester City All or Nothing on 19:48 - Aug 23 by Bluespeed225

They made ‘The First 90 Minutes’ about us in 81/82 season, a similar thing. If we’d have won the league that season it would be regarded as a classic doc’.

Is that available to watch anywhere?

Manchester City All or Nothing on 21:13 - Aug 23 with 3807 viewsBluespeed225

Manchester City All or Nothing on 20:13 - Aug 23 by itfcjoe

Is that available to watch anywhere?

It’s on YouTube in 2 parts. A little bittersweet watching it now, our last tilt at the league with SBR, that team that you now know would soon break up, Sir Bob knowing inside that he’d had his shot with us.
Manchester City All or Nothing on 22:24 - Aug 23 with 3746 viewsLankHenners

Not watched it myself but this is a less than flattering review:

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024