Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Osman's attack on Hurst 11:35 - Aug 16 with 5720 viewsFartman

Although I'm fully behind Hurst and his team, I must say that I have to partly agree with Osman.

Hurst is hanging his players by the neck in his interviews after our early exit from the League Cup. But it's his team now, as he has made 9 signings, and not all of the players he inheriated is dreadful. It's also his responsibility to make sure that the players have understood and follows his instructions during the match. He's fully able to call the players who's not doing their jobb, and adjust their wrong doings during the match.

It's not great to slate the team like he did to the press. I would prefer a more sofisticated feedback to the press, and vented his frustrations in the changing room. I do understand that it's hard, but as he's building a entirely new team, it will take some time for the team to click.

It's important that the management are holding their heads up high and shows some calmness in order to generate an environment of trust. Players will react differently to the kind of feedback he's given, and I guess younger and players new at this level would need more time, and a different approach to believe and trust their own abilities.

We clearly have made some good signing, but I would like to see Hurst show more patience with his team than us supporters.

I might be wrong - This could be a well tought through action from Hurst.

"Success is not final; failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts." -- Winston S. Churchill

Osman's attack on Hurst on 12:58 - Aug 16 with 1384 viewsitfcjoe

Osman's attack on Hurst on 12:48 - Aug 16 by agentp

Not sure I see that as relevant. little old Mick shouting off wouldn't bother me.

MM to be fair; and i'm not his biggest fan, had the players loyalty and that's an underrated value. Hurst needs then onside.

Problem with Mick was when he decided to go Them v Us, the fans were categorised as 'Them'

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Osman's attack on Hurst on 13:00 - Aug 16 with 1368 viewsBlueBadger

Osman's attack on Hurst on 12:58 - Aug 16 by itfcjoe

Problem with Mick was when he decided to go Them v Us, the fans were categorised as 'Them'

Point of order, it wasn't 'the fans', it was a minority of vocal dickheads who, not being satisfied that he was leaving at the end of the season felt the need to give him a load of verbal abuse for the rest of the season.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Osman's attack on Hurst on 13:00 - Aug 16 with 1379 viewsTrumptonBlue

Osman's attack on Hurst on 12:41 - Aug 16 by BlueBadger

I quite agree. Imagine grown adults getting upset at a naughty word shouted in the heat of the moment at a football match.

It wasn't really about the naughty word. If he'd said "So there!", it would have been just as bad. The problem was that, in what should have been a euphoric moment, he chose to make a point to the fans, making it seem as if getting one over on the support had become more important to him than winning the game.

Edit: Anyway, this has been done to death.
[Post edited 16 Aug 2018 13:00]
Osman's attack on Hurst on 13:01 - Aug 16 with 1372 viewsagentp

I am not defending or discussing Mick and I agree.

He had, when he was in his reign, the support of the players - that gets a few points. I am just saying that I hope PH has it too.
[Post edited 16 Aug 2018 13:03]

Poll: If only these two were available who would you choose for the rest of the season

Osman's attack on Hurst on 13:02 - Aug 16 with 1373 viewsitfcjoe

He's just a fan with an opinion, and everyone's opinion differs.

I didn't see it as an attack.

Also, his opinion is prob more valid than mine or yours as he is a player who has played at the top level, for many managers, been a manager and has greater experience in how something like this will play out in the dressing room.

But he hasn't blasted him or anything silly

Osman's attack on Hurst on 13:02 - Aug 16 with 1355 viewsBlueBadger

Osman's attack on Hurst on 13:00 - Aug 16 by TrumptonBlue

It wasn't really about the naughty word. If he'd said "So there!", it would have been just as bad. The problem was that, in what should have been a euphoric moment, he chose to make a point to the fans, making it seem as if getting one over on the support had become more important to him than winning the game.

Edit: Anyway, this has been done to death.
[Post edited 16 Aug 2018 13:00]

To be honest, getting the arse about a bit of bantz at football still make you out as a bit of a tragically delicate flower, really.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Osman's attack on Hurst on 13:04 - Aug 16 with 1360 viewsagentp

Osman's attack on Hurst on 13:02 - Aug 16 by BlueBadger

To be honest, getting the arse about a bit of bantz at football still make you out as a bit of a tragically delicate flower, really.

Absolutely.

Poll: If only these two were available who would you choose for the rest of the season

Osman's attack on Hurst on 13:05 - Aug 16 with 1361 viewsitfcjoe

Osman's attack on Hurst on 13:00 - Aug 16 by BlueBadger

Point of order, it wasn't 'the fans', it was a minority of vocal dickheads who, not being satisfied that he was leaving at the end of the season felt the need to give him a load of verbal abuse for the rest of the season.

He couldn't separate the 2, that's why after wins he came out in the press and had a dig at the fanbase.

Forest, Burton etc were games when he could have taken the olive branch but couldn't - nothing to do with the end of his reign.

Login to get fewer ads

Osman's attack on Hurst on 13:05 - Aug 16 with 1360 viewsPJH

Some "fans" deserved to be categorised as "Them" but MM did not make it clear often enough that he was only referring to some.
Those that were actually in the "Them" category were a huge hindrance to the team that they claimed to support and a source of anger/embarrassment/shame to true supporters.
Osman's attack on Hurst on 13:06 - Aug 16 with 1353 viewschristiand

Osman's attack on Hurst on 13:02 - Aug 16 by itfcjoe

Also, his opinion is prob more valid than mine or yours as he is a player who has played at the top level, for many managers, been a manager and has greater experience in how something like this will play out in the dressing room.

Good point Joe. Also Osman can refer to that from a player’s point of view after playing at the highest level. Having to deal with that type of reaction after a game and it’s impact In the dressing room, it’s certainly valid.
[Post edited 16 Aug 2018 13:34]

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Osman's attack on Hurst on 13:07 - Aug 16 with 1353 viewsitfcjoe

Osman's attack on Hurst on 13:05 - Aug 16 by PJH

Some "fans" deserved to be categorised as "Them" but MM did not make it clear often enough that he was only referring to some.
Those that were actually in the "Them" category were a huge hindrance to the team that they claimed to support and a source of anger/embarrassment/shame to true supporters.

I don't disagree with that at all - but sadly the key point became

"MM did not make it clear often enough that he was only referring to some."

I was embarrassed by some of his conduct, and it wasn't befitting a man of the post of ITFC manager. And I say that as someone who was more against the numbskulls.

Osman's attack on Hurst on 13:12 - Aug 16 with 1337 viewsagentp

Osman's attack on Hurst on 13:02 - Aug 16 by itfcjoe

I agree, But we will see the response. Time will soon tell whether he has their support or not.

I was a 2nd tier coach myself - not football. The success of management styles depends on the individuals under your command - as much as your style.. I am not sure I like such an open approach TBH. It can be a bit do or die.

Osman's attack on Hurst on 15:06 - Aug 16 with 1261 viewsPopeye

As Alan Brazil would say.....he’s a tube!
Osman's attack on Hurst on 16:25 - Aug 16 with 1239 viewsLeagueOne

Osman's attack on Hurst on 12:41 - Aug 16 by BlueBadger

I quite agree. Imagine grown adults getting upset at a naughty word shouted in the heat of the moment at a football match.

Is that any worse than a man of near pension age getting into a long standing spat with a small group of supporters who called his football sh1t? Given that same man has been relatively successful, is a millionaire, was generally well liked before all of that?

You can blame our supporters all you like on that one, and as much as I feel Mick did a good job here, he dug himself that particular hole and only has himself to blame.

It's time to make the best of it.
Poll: Would you leave TWTD if political threads were banned?

Osman's attack on Hurst on 02:10 - Aug 17 with 1166 viewsshamboy

Osman's attack on Hurst on 16:25 - Aug 16 by LeagueOne

Is that any worse than a man of near pension age getting into a long standing spat with a small group of supporters who called his football sh1t? Given that same man has been relatively successful, is a millionaire, was generally well liked before all of that?

You can blame our supporters all you like on that one, and as much as I feel Mick did a good job here, he dug himself that particular hole and only has himself to blame.

He's from Yorkshire. They say it as it is.

As for Hurst, several players will feel that he is seeking to deflect all the blame onto them instead of protecting them. That's why the comments were a black mark against Hurst. Not clever. He is looking wobbly atm, but can recover.
Osman's attack on Hurst on 07:25 - Aug 17 with 1121 viewskozmik

Osman's attack on Hurst on 12:55 - Aug 16 by clive_baker

I respect Osman as a player but it's rare that he speaks much sense about ITFC. Sorry but he's clueless

he was good in Escape to Victory mind

Supporter since 1965

Osman's attack on Hurst on 08:00 - Aug 17 with 1109 viewsdissboy2

listen to our manager not to a pundit who hasnt sat in the dressing room for years
Osman's attack on Hurst on 09:20 - Aug 17 with 1068 viewsshamboy

Osman's attack on Hurst on 08:00 - Aug 17 by dissboy2

listen to our manager not to a pundit who hasnt sat in the dressing room for years

Russell also failed to make a career as a players' agent in recent times.
Osman's attack on Hurst on 10:40 - Aug 17 with 1045 viewsJonnosdreadlocks

it wasn't really an 'attack' to be fair.

Poll: An English Anthem. Wales and Scotland use their own what should England use?

on 10:51 - Aug 17 with 1041 views_

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024