Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This Tommy Robinson guy 13:33 - Aug 1 with 26696 viewsBetablocker

As ive not lived in Uk for 10 years so missed the rise of him. Ive just read up a little online.

So whilst hes obviously pretty repugnant to lots of people - does he talk any sense or is he just an odious turd whos gained popularity through social media?
This Tommy Robinson guy on 13:36 - Aug 1 with 8656 viewswkj

Used to be pretty entertaining in black adder and time team, but lately he's pretty much a big bellend

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

This Tommy Robinson guy on 13:38 - Aug 1 with 8640 viewsDarth_Koont

Hate preacher basically. And definitely part of the problem rather than the solution.

Pronouns: He/Him

This Tommy Robinson guy on 13:39 - Aug 1 with 8641 viewsfooters

This Tommy Robinson guy on 13:38 - Aug 1 by Darth_Koont

Hate preacher basically. And definitely part of the problem rather than the solution.

F*ck off, thought police.

Can't say anything these days.

footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

This Tommy Robinson guy on 13:41 - Aug 1 with 8623 viewsMugwump

He is basically a non political nuclear Farage.

He is almost definitely an odious individual but can hold a conversation and on the surface of it is less "Hateful" than the extreme individuals that he protests against.
This Tommy Robinson guy on 13:42 - Aug 1 with 8617 viewstcblue

This Tommy Robinson guy on 13:39 - Aug 1 by footers

F*ck off, thought police.

Can't say anything these days.

These days

You get arrested and jailed

Just for saying you're English
This Tommy Robinson guy on 13:43 - Aug 1 with 8594 viewsfooters

This Tommy Robinson guy on 13:42 - Aug 1 by tcblue

These days

Or potentially prejudicing ongoing child molestation trials.

Funny old world.

footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

This Tommy Robinson guy on 13:44 - Aug 1 with 8592 viewsgtsb

This Tommy Robinson guy on 13:38 - Aug 1 by Darth_Koont

The one thing I cannot understand though is why people seem to get more agitated with Tommy Robinson than they do with Islamic hate preachers. I don't just mean the people on here either.
[Post edited 1 Aug 2018 13:49]
This Tommy Robinson guy on 13:45 - Aug 1 with 8582 viewsBluefish

This Tommy Robinson guy on 13:42 - Aug 1 by tcblue

These days

Good point 2 of my neighbours were jailed for that last week so my youngest copied them and now she is in jail as well awaiting trial. She is only 6. Country has gone mad

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Login to get fewer ads

This Tommy Robinson guy on 13:48 - Aug 1 with 8559 viewsBluefish

This Tommy Robinson guy on 13:44 - Aug 1 by gtsb

The one thing I cannot understand though is why people seem to get more agitated with Tommy Robinson than they do with Islamic hate preachers. I don't just mean the people on here either.

I've never had an Islamic hate preacher on my timeline and i have never seen a free the hate preacher protest march. I have also never seen an Islamic hate preacher defended on this forum.

Anyone that has anything positive to say about Yaxley-lennon is an ignorant thick moron

This Tommy Robinson guy on 13:48 - Aug 1 with 8554 viewswkj

No tolerance for either is perfectly acceptable, those two things are not mutually exclusive, despite what a lot of online propaganda says.

This Tommy Robinson guy on 13:50 - Aug 1 with 8531 viewslinhdi

The second of your options and worse. His real name is Stephen Yaxley-Lennon btw. But that was too posh for him.
This Tommy Robinson guy on 13:50 - Aug 1 with 8526 viewsBetablocker

I guess it helps hes white and English?
This Tommy Robinson guy on 13:51 - Aug 1 with 8505 viewsartsbossbeard

This Tommy Robinson guy on 13:50 - Aug 1 by Betablocker

I guess it helps hes white and English?

I think he's English, he doesn't like to mention it though.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

This Tommy Robinson guy on 13:52 - Aug 1 with 8487 viewsBetablocker

This Tommy Robinson guy on 13:51 - Aug 1 by artsbossbeard

I think he's English, he doesn't like to mention it though.

Haha i am guessing i was being ironic?
This Tommy Robinson guy on 13:55 - Aug 1 with 8457 viewsDarth_Koont

Maybe because you don't see anyone defending Islamic hate preachers on here and certainly not as much in the wider world.

This Tommy Robinson guy on 13:58 - Aug 1 with 8439 viewsmos

He’s very good at arguing and making a point.

Although I disagree with pretty much everything he says, although he does appeal to many people most likely because of his ability to argue, and how he can relate to many people that listen to him due to his background.

He’s said things such as “We will never have peace on this earth as long as this book (The Quran) remains.”

But somehow appeals to the lesser intelligent.

“Our slick new attacking side is being outpassed and outmaneuvered by Ipswich” - West Ham Forum
Poll: How do you think we will finish next season?

This Tommy Robinson guy on 13:58 - Aug 1 with 8433 viewsDarth_Koont

This Tommy Robinson guy on 13:48 - Aug 1 by Bluefish

I've never had an Islamic hate preacher on my timeline and i have never seen a free the hate preacher protest march. I have also never seen an Islamic hate preacher defended on this forum.

Anyone that has anything positive to say about Yaxley-lennon is an ignorant thick moron

Sorry, you'd already said this and better.

This Tommy Robinson guy on 13:58 - Aug 1 with 8427 viewsBetablocker

This Tommy Robinson guy on 13:50 - Aug 1 by linhdi

The second of your options and worse. His real name is Stephen Yaxley-Lennon btw. But that was too posh for him.

So he doesnt like nonces either by the sounds of it?

Anyone else that irks him?
This Tommy Robinson guy on 13:59 - Aug 1 with 8421 viewsBluefish

This Tommy Robinson guy on 13:58 - Aug 1 by Darth_Koont

Sorry, you'd already said this and better.

The more that say it the merrier

This Tommy Robinson guy on 14:01 - Aug 1 with 8399 viewsBetablocker

This Tommy Robinson guy on 13:58 - Aug 1 by mos

He’s very good at arguing and making a point.

Although I disagree with pretty much everything he says, although he does appeal to many people most likely because of his ability to argue, and how he can relate to many people that listen to him due to his background.

He’s said things such as “We will never have peace on this earth as long as this book (The Quran) remains.”

But somehow appeals to the lesser intelligent.

I suppose you've summarised it for me. Hes a little turd who is popular talking about something that isnt relevant to 99% of the population.

Due largely to social media
This Tommy Robinson guy on 14:05 - Aug 1 with 8369 viewswkj

This Tommy Robinson guy on 14:01 - Aug 1 by Betablocker

I suppose you've summarised it for me. Hes a little turd who is popular talking about something that isnt relevant to 99% of the population.

My interpretation is that he is attempting to be a vigilante politician of sorts.

This Tommy Robinson guy on 14:07 - Aug 1 with 8354 viewsmos

This Tommy Robinson guy on 14:01 - Aug 1 by Betablocker

Would say that the terrorism caused by terrorists who claim they’re of the Islamic faith has affected a lot of people in one way or another, whether it be physically, emotionally or just like most of us, reading it on the news. However he seems to appeal to people who actually believe Islam is the problem, which is absurd.

“Our slick new attacking side is being outpassed and outmaneuvered by Ipswich” - West Ham Forum
Poll: How do you think we will finish next season?

This Tommy Robinson guy on 14:10 - Aug 1 with 8322 viewsfactual_blue

What about Jewish hate preachers like Rabbi Dov Lor?

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

This Tommy Robinson guy on 14:15 - Aug 1 with 8297 viewswkj

This Tommy Robinson guy on 14:07 - Aug 1 by mos

Would say that the terrorism caused by terrorists who claim they’re of the Islamic faith has affected a lot of people in one way or another, whether it be physically, emotionally or just like most of us, reading it on the news. However he seems to appeal to people who actually believe Islam is the problem, which is absurd.

The other issue is that bad news is bigger news- I doubt many would raise much of an eyebrow if there was a news story break about a terror plot being quashed, simply as it isn't as impactful as when a low life causes death and destruction.

Also concerning is the media use of terrorism, particularly in the states. Quite often when a mass shooting occurs you rarely if at all see it called an act of terrorism. In my opinion anyone who causes mass fear, damage and carnage willingly in order to prove a point is carrying out a terrorist attack, but quite often the news will cover the shooter as a mentally disturbed person.

This Tommy Robinson guy on 14:17 - Aug 1 with 8265 viewsfactual_blue

This Tommy Robinson guy on 13:55 - Aug 1 by Darth_Koont

Maybe because you don't see anyone defending Islamic hate preachers on here and certainly not as much in the wider world.

I was also unclear about who he might mean.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024