Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So when ME said the same budgets were in place 10:23 - Jul 31 with 4642 viewsBetablocker

For the new manager he was lying?

The income hasnt been fully reinvested short by at least 1 mill plus wages. This based on we are clearly waiting on money from Wags before reinvesting in say Tilt as example.

Pretty disappointing AGAIN
So when ME said the same budgets were in place on 10:25 - Jul 31 with 2839 viewsflimflam

So the expected 3 or 4 players coming in this week are all for free?

All men and women are created, by the, you know the, you know the thing.

So when ME said the same budgets were in place on 10:26 - Jul 31 with 2834 viewsCoastalblue

That's a big assumption, we have no idea what conversations are taking place about players.

We can't really judge until the end of August.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

So when ME said the same budgets were in place on 10:26 - Jul 31 with 2822 viewschicoazul

No he wasnt. Hurst has spent on Edwards and Harrisson more or less the same that Mick spent on Garner Waghorn Huws last summer and Webster Ward the summer before. I confidently predict the wage budget will be about the same this season as the last couple. If Hurst spends another 2m or so that would be a sign things have changed.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

So when ME said the same budgets were in place on 10:28 - Jul 31 with 2800 viewsBetablocker

So when ME said the same budgets were in place on 10:25 - Jul 31 by flimflam

'Expected'

Please explain who?

Why are we waiting until we are about to play our first game to get a ready to go CB in then?

All to coincidental for my liking and Evans has form

See the phantom mings money
So when ME said the same budgets were in place on 10:31 - Jul 31 with 2782 viewsBetablocker

So when ME said the same budgets were in place on 10:26 - Jul 31 by chicoazul

No he wasnt. Hurst has spent on Edwards and Harrisson more or less the same that Mick spent on Garner Waghorn Huws last summer and Webster Ward the summer before. I confidently predict the wage budget will be about the same this season as the last couple. If Hurst spends another 2m or so that would be a sign things have changed.

I am talking outs 4.5mil ins 2.7? So 1.8 lost somewhere...

And wages. Youve forgotten how much has been freed up?

Again based on ME previous form

Same old
So when ME said the same budgets were in place on 10:32 - Jul 31 with 2777 viewsNazemariner

Hurst has said he has several bids in for players, and the budget will cover the possible acceptance of all of these bids.

I don't think any possible income from the sale of Waggy has been factored into the transfer budget as yet. ME does not want to sell him unless somebody is prepared to pay silly money for him.
So when ME said the same budgets were in place on 10:34 - Jul 31 with 2762 viewshomer_123

No - we haven't finished our transfer business as it stands have we?

I've been pointing out for a long time that the Club and ME have stated well before Mick left that any new incumbent would operate under the same financial constraints (which for me is an issue).

However - it's not fair at this stage to say that Hurst is being under funded as we haven't concluded all our business.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

So when ME said the same budgets were in place on 10:34 - Jul 31 with 2758 viewschicoazul

So when ME said the same budgets were in place on 10:31 - Jul 31 by Betablocker

I am talking outs 4.5mil ins 2.7? So 1.8 lost somewhere...

And wages. Youve forgotten how much has been freed up?

Again based on ME previous form

Same old

We havent spent 2.7m, we have spent about 1.5 according to Phil. 700k on both Edwards and Harrison.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Login to get fewer ads

So when ME said the same budgets were in place on 10:36 - Jul 31 with 2736 viewsflimflam

So when ME said the same budgets were in place on 10:28 - Jul 31 by Betablocker

'Expected'

Please explain who?

Why are we waiting until we are about to play our first game to get a ready to go CB in then?

All to coincidental for my liking and Evans has form

See the phantom mings money

Calm down dear, deals are happening and players will be arriving.

How do you get through each day!!

So when ME said the same budgets were in place on 10:48 - Jul 31 with 2688 viewsBetablocker

So when ME said the same budgets were in place on 10:36 - Jul 31 by flimflam

Calm down dear, deals are happening and players will be arriving.

How do you get through each day!!

Haha

Just getting a little nervous that a CB still not here obviously not an issue for those with blue tinted specs on

This happens every year. Window will close and we'll get 'oh but we still have the loan market'

I just would like to see movement and not because waghorn goes

Happy to be proved wrong but i doubt i will be
So when ME said the same budgets were in place on 10:53 - Jul 31 with 2659 viewsflimflam

So when ME said the same budgets were in place on 10:48 - Jul 31 by Betablocker

Haha

Just getting a little nervous that a CB still not here obviously not an issue for those with blue tinted specs on

This happens every year. Window will close and we'll get 'oh but we still have the loan market'

Waghorn goes for 7m with Tilt, Donacien, Kayden incoming and possibly another winger / striker.

None of this is a secret but guess clubs covering themselves so not left short with little time left to do business.

Once one happens the others will fall into place quickly.

At least I hope so :-)

So when ME said the same budgets were in place on 10:57 - Jul 31 with 2628 viewsBetablocker

So when ME said the same budgets were in place on 10:53 - Jul 31 by flimflam

Waghorn goes for 7m with Tilt, Donacien, Kayden incoming and possibly another winger / striker.

None of this is a secret but guess clubs covering themselves so not left short with little time left to do business.

Once one happens the others will fall into place quickly.

At least I hope so :-)

Thats just my point. Say we had signed Tilt and Waghorn goes then fair enough we reinvest that or some of it.

But i just get concerned the other 3/4 players he allegedly wants aren't here with 4 days to go.

Sure it cant just be me?
So when ME said the same budgets were in place on 10:58 - Jul 31 with 2620 viewsJon_456

So when ME said the same budgets were in place on 10:48 - Jul 31 by Betablocker

Haha

You do realise football isn't as simple as saying you want a player and you get them.

Majority of clubs are in the same boat and want to line up replacements before they sell.

If you're that unhappy with Evans, please tell me how would you run our club if you were our owner in the same situation?
So when ME said the same budgets were in place on 10:59 - Jul 31 with 2606 viewsDanFord

Betablockers Wife: I've just literally been handed my pay packet for this week. I'm now heading to the shops.
Betablocker: WHERE IS THE SHOPPING! WHY DON'T YOU HAVE IT ALREADY!

Poll: Would you be willing to consider a new club crest?

So when ME said the same budgets were in place on 11:04 - Jul 31 with 2569 viewsSwansea_Blue

He may have said the budget was in place/decided, he didn't say how big the budget was.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

So when ME said the same budgets were in place on 11:05 - Jul 31 with 2574 viewsitfcjoe

I can see why you're concerned - people should be.

We are 5 days away from first game of the season and looking at the players who are fit and ready for first game we only have:

GK - Bart, Gerken
FB - Spence, Emmanuel, Knudsen, Kenlock
CB - Chambers (Woolfenden)
CM - Skuse (Who missed last game), Downes, Nydam, Chalobah
W - Edwards, Roberts, (Ward suspended)
ST - Sears, Harrison, Waghorn

Plus potentially Dozzell who Hurst still says is a way off.

Anyone coming in now won't be up to speed in style and fitness, we are well short - need to get players back fit, and more bodies in desperately

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

So when ME said the same budgets were in place on 11:05 - Jul 31 with 2560 viewsBetablocker

So when ME said the same budgets were in place on 10:58 - Jul 31 by Jon_456

You do realise football isn't as simple as saying you want a player and you get them.

Majority of clubs are in the same boat and want to line up replacements before they sell.

If you're that unhappy with Evans, please tell me how would you run our club if you were our owner in the same situation?

Well i certainly wouldn't bank on trying to get promotion to a land of plenty using a near cost neutral structure.

Even 6 mill loss a year is a pittance if you have any ambition to get out of a league with spent 15 years in.

I just wonder why even with a new ambitious forward thinking manager that he cant be suitably supported with 4 days until our opening game.

No one is asking to spend like:
Derby/boro/forest as example but really you think the lack of a starting CB target is simply due to other clubs situations then you are burying your head in the sand
So when ME said the same budgets were in place on 11:06 - Jul 31 with 2551 viewsJon_456

So when ME said the same budgets were in place on 10:59 - Jul 31 by DanFord

Betablockers Wife: I've just literally been handed my pay packet for this week. I'm now heading to the shops.
Betablocker: WHERE IS THE SHOPPING! WHY DON'T YOU HAVE IT ALREADY!

Also Betablocker: You've earned £1500 this month, why have you not spent £3000 on the shopping?
So when ME said the same budgets were in place on 11:08 - Jul 31 with 2536 viewsBetablocker

So when ME said the same budgets were in place on 11:05 - Jul 31 by itfcjoe

We are 5 days away from first game of the season and looking at the players who are fit and ready for first game we only have:

GK - Bart, Gerken

Anyone coming in now won't be up to speed in style and fitness, we are well short - need to get players back fit, and more bodies in desperately

Thank you! And thats coming from someone with a far more intimate understanding of the club than most of us.
So when ME said the same budgets were in place on 11:08 - Jul 31 with 2531 viewsMrTown

What about the extra 1.2m extra on Barts new wages?

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

So when ME said the same budgets were in place on 11:09 - Jul 31 with 2515 viewsBetablocker

So when ME said the same budgets were in place on 11:08 - Jul 31 by MrTown

What about the extra 1.2m extra on Barts new wages?

Mcgoldrick? Celina?
So when ME said the same budgets were in place on 11:09 - Jul 31 with 2510 viewsFreddies_Ears

So when ME said the same budgets were in place on 10:34 - Jul 31 by chicoazul

We havent spent 2.7m, we have spent about 1.5 according to Phil. 700k on both Edwards and Harrison.

Plus Calabah's loan fee, which could be £1m+.
So when ME said the same budgets were in place on 11:11 - Jul 31 with 2493 viewsSuperfrans

So when ME said the same budgets were in place on 10:25 - Jul 31 by flimflam

Loans until the end of August will also all be free. No loan fees and no salaries. Excellent.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

So when ME said the same budgets were in place on 11:12 - Jul 31 with 2482 viewsJon_456

So when ME said the same budgets were in place on 11:05 - Jul 31 by Betablocker

Well i certainly wouldn't bank on trying to get promotion to a land of plenty using a near cost neutral structure.

Even 6 mill loss a year is a pittance if you have any ambition to get out of a league with spent 15 years in.

I just wonder why even with a new ambitious forward thinking manager that he cant be suitably supported with 4 days until our opening game.

No one is asking to spend like:
Derby/boro/forest as example but really you think the lack of a starting CB target is simply due to other clubs situations then you are burying your head in the sand

Its easy to say that when its not your money isn't it?

Im not a massive ME fan by any stretch but im really getting fed up of the constant criticism he gets for not spending silly money that the club simply doesn't have.

He's clearly shown through the last couple of years that he's happy to pay fees for players if the money is right and manager really wants them.

Im not saying we haven't signed a CB purely because of that but there are so many factors in a transfer and cant be put down to us simply being too tight. We would be stupid to pay a player what they want without trying to negotiate a more sensible price.
So when ME said the same budgets were in place on 11:14 - Jul 31 with 2470 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

So when ME said the same budgets were in place on 11:05 - Jul 31 by itfcjoe

GK - Bart, Gerken

More down to fitness than new signings.

We're dont have the resources to sign players to cover players who are coming back from injury.

Add the injured players back in and its a better picture.

We still have 9 days until the window closes. Lets make judgements then.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024