Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So when ME said the same budgets were in place 10:23 - Jul 31 with 4692 viewsBetablocker

For the new manager he was lying?

The income hasnt been fully reinvested short by at least 1 mill plus wages. This based on we are clearly waiting on money from Wags before reinvesting in say Tilt as example.

Pretty disappointing AGAIN
So when ME said the same budgets were in place on 11:15 - Jul 31 with 1783 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

So when ME said the same budgets were in place on 10:59 - Jul 31 by DanFord

Betablockers Wife: I've just literally been handed my pay packet for this week. I'm now heading to the shops.
Betablocker: WHERE IS THE SHOPPING! WHY DON'T YOU HAVE IT ALREADY!

Love this.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

So when ME said the same budgets were in place on 11:15 - Jul 31 with 1783 viewsstewartm

Covering the bills could be considered as reinvestment?

Poll: How long will Lamburke survive this season?

So when ME said the same budgets were in place on 11:15 - Jul 31 with 1788 viewsSuperfrans

So when ME said the same budgets were in place on 11:05 - Jul 31 by itfcjoe

I can see why you're concerned - people should be.

We are 5 days away from first game of the season and looking at the players who are fit and ready for first game we only have:

GK - Bart, Gerken
FB - Spence, Emmanuel, Knudsen, Kenlock
CB - Chambers (Woolfenden)
CM - Skuse (Who missed last game), Downes, Nydam, Chalobah
W - Edwards, Roberts, (Ward suspended)
ST - Sears, Harrison, Waghorn

Plus potentially Dozzell who Hurst still says is a way off.

Anyone coming in now won't be up to speed in style and fitness, we are well short - need to get players back fit, and more bodies in desperately

But these are two different points.

We do need more bodies. And we're in the process of bringing them in. 2-4 by August 9 would be my guess. Is that early enough? No. I've been saying since May that we're waiting too long to get our manager in.

Plus we can then utilise the loan system until the end of August - 2-3 more by the end of August would be my guess.

But this is all an entirely different point to saying that Evans was lying when Hurst was told the same budgets were in place.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

So when ME said the same budgets were in place on 11:16 - Jul 31 with 1783 viewsBetablocker

So when ME said the same budgets were in place on 11:11 - Jul 31 by Superfrans

Loans until the end of August will also all be free. No loan fees and no salaries. Excellent.

Yep thats it. We need a starting CB to play alongside our Other CB and we are going to fill that with a loan?

Your comment proves that not many have learnt from past disappointments brought on by Evans.

Any failure in getting a target PH wants/needs will be down to Evans.

I very much doubt he wants a heap of loanees. I in fact would be convinced he wont.

But each to their own!
So when ME said the same budgets were in place on 11:17 - Jul 31 with 1778 viewsBetablocker

So when ME said the same budgets were in place on 11:12 - Jul 31 by Jon_456

Its easy to say that when its not your money isn't it?

Im not a massive ME fan by any stretch but im really getting fed up of the constant criticism he gets for not spending silly money that the club simply doesn't have.

He's clearly shown through the last couple of years that he's happy to pay fees for players if the money is right and manager really wants them.

Im not saying we haven't signed a CB purely because of that but there are so many factors in a transfer and cant be put down to us simply being too tight. We would be stupid to pay a player what they want without trying to negotiate a more sensible price.

Silly money?

1 mill on a CB

silly money - come on?
Whilst I agree with your sentiment.... on 11:19 - Jul 31 with 1772 viewsBloots

...not sure how you can say he was lying.

The same budget is in place.

Minimal.

He's never invested incoming fees on outgoing fees, he's used it to pay wages and balance the books.

As I've said many times, too many people fell for his pre recorded "interview".

A multi millionaire businessman managing to dupe a load of Suffolk farmhands, who'd have thought it?

Enduringly lovable, intelligent and thunderingly exquisite.

Whilst I agree with your sentiment.... on 11:26 - Jul 31 with 1754 viewsBetablocker

Whilst I agree with your sentiment.... on 11:19 - Jul 31 by Bloots

Minimal.

He's never invested incoming fees on outgoing fees, he's used it to pay wages and balance the books.

A multi millionaire businessman managing to dupe a load of Suffolk farmhands, who'd have thought it?

Haha couldnt agree more.

I did also in my OP say lying? As in was he lying to us or not?

He has as youve said continued to try and balance the books. Surely he can see hes landed a sensible manager who isnt expecting to spend tens of millions yet he still wont support him.

I keep using the CB as example but surely that's a pretty important area we are massively light in.

Yet somehow with 10 down arrows some think that the lack of new faces we need is just down to other clubs situations. Me personally dont buy it.
So when ME said the same budgets were in place on 11:27 - Jul 31 with 1750 viewsJon_456

So when ME said the same budgets were in place on 11:17 - Jul 31 by Betablocker

Silly money?

1 mill on a CB

silly money - come on?

Why would you pay 1mil for someone when you think you can get them for 750k?

I don't understand how you can blame an owner for trying to get the best deals for the club?

Evans has literally done everything the fans have asked for this summer and theres been nothing but good news coming out of the club and yet you've still found something to moan about based on false assumptions.
Login to get fewer ads

So when ME said the same budgets were in place on 11:28 - Jul 31 with 1742 viewsSuperfrans

So when ME said the same budgets were in place on 11:16 - Jul 31 by Betablocker

Yep thats it. We need a starting CB to play alongside our Other CB and we are going to fill that with a loan?

Your comment proves that not many have learnt from past disappointments brought on by Evans.

Any failure in getting a target PH wants/needs will be down to Evans.

I very much doubt he wants a heap of loanees. I in fact would be convinced he wont.

But each to their own!

Not saying that at all.

But if you think our new manager can implement an entirely different playing style, review all of his players, get everyone in and out in the space of eight weeks, you're a fool.

This is going to take three windows. This window is about assessing the players initially, getting as many of them as possible fit for the system. This naturally excludes those coming back from injury, the World Cup and new signings - who can't be recruited until the manager has reviewed the current staff, so will inevitably miss out on the initial fitness work.

We are also bringing in enough players to ensure we're not in trouble between now and Xmas. We have another 9 days left, the work continues. Then we have loans to bridge us through to January. "A starting CB" could come from either of those areas of recruitment.

By January, Hurst will have had much more time to review the playing staff and work out who's with the programme and who isn't - get rid of those who aren't, bring in replacements/improvements as required.

Then there's next summer, when the work continues. After that, Hurst can claim that the squad is his. But probably only then.

Of course, the alternative is that we could all run around, arms waving in the hair, panicking as if our hair's on fire.

So when ME said the same budgets were in place on 11:32 - Jul 31 with 1731 viewsBetablocker

So when ME said the same budgets were in place on 11:27 - Jul 31 by Jon_456

Why would you pay 1mil for someone when you think you can get them for 750k?

I don't understand how you can blame an owner for trying to get the best deals for the club?

Evans has literally done everything the fans have asked for this summer and theres been nothing but good news coming out of the club and yet you've still found something to moan about based on false assumptions.

Assumptions are based on history thats all. We as i keep saying are 4 days away with a very light squad.

I just want the promise Hurst appears to be showing supported so he can realize our/his potential.

Not same old Ipswich missing out on targets because of £250k.
So when ME said the same budgets were in place on 11:36 - Jul 31 with 1723 viewsBetablocker

So when ME said the same budgets were in place on 11:28 - Jul 31 by Superfrans

Not saying that at all.

But if you think our new manager can implement an entirely different playing style, review all of his players, get everyone in and out in the space of eight weeks, you're a fool.

This is going to take three windows. This window is about assessing the players initially, getting as many of them as possible fit for the system. This naturally excludes those coming back from injury, the World Cup and new signings - who can't be recruited until the manager has reviewed the current staff, so will inevitably miss out on the initial fitness work.

We are also bringing in enough players to ensure we're not in trouble between now and Xmas. We have another 9 days left, the work continues. Then we have loans to bridge us through to January. "A starting CB" could come from either of those areas of recruitment.

By January, Hurst will have had much more time to review the playing staff and work out who's with the programme and who isn't - get rid of those who aren't, bring in replacements/improvements as required.

Then there's next summer, when the work continues. After that, Hurst can claim that the squad is his. But probably only then.

Of course, the alternative is that we could all run around, arms waving in the hair, panicking as if our hair's on fire.

Yeah fair enough i see your point. I am clearly impatient and jaded by a long time in this league.

I also at last see a manager who is giving me good vibes and I'd love that given the opportunity to flourish.
So when ME said the same budgets were in place on 11:39 - Jul 31 with 1717 viewsSuperfrans

So when ME said the same budgets were in place on 11:36 - Jul 31 by Betablocker

Yeah fair enough i see your point. I am clearly impatient and jaded by a long time in this league.

I also at last see a manager who is giving me good vibes and I'd love that given the opportunity to flourish.

no problem. And I understand the reason for the impatience/scepticism, given the past few years. But this is only going to work if we're all patient.

The fanbase has demanded a root and branch rethink. But we have to understand that this is not an overnight fix.

This really is a transitional season. It has to be, given what we've asked for and what we're getting.

Whilst I agree with your sentiment.... on 12:52 - Jul 31 with 1670 viewsGuthrum

Minimal.

I don't really think Evans was 'duping' anyone. He was pretty plain that there wouldn't suddenly be lots more money available. And the spending has, indeed, been consistent with recent seasons.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

So when ME said the same budgets were in place on 12:57 - Jul 31 with 1663 viewsGuthrum

So when ME said the same budgets were in place on 11:09 - Jul 31 by Betablocker

Mcgoldrick? Celina?

There is still the possiblility of loaning a winger or CB right up to the end of August (possibly from the Prem, once the squads are finalised) - this season's Celina/Lawrence/Fraser/Maitland-Niles. Their signing-on fee and wages could still have to be added in.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

So when ME said the same budgets were in place on 13:08 - Jul 31 with 1649 viewsagentp

So when ME said the same budgets were in place on 10:31 - Jul 31 by Betablocker

I am talking outs 4.5mil ins 2.7? So 1.8 lost somewhere...

And wages. Youve forgotten how much has been freed up?

Again based on ME previous form

Same old

who are the 4.5m outs?
[Post edited 31 Jul 2018 13:20]

Poll: If only these two were available who would you choose for the rest of the season

So when ME said the same budgets were in place on 13:15 - Jul 31 with 1642 viewsitfcjoe

So when ME said the same budgets were in place on 11:28 - Jul 31 by Superfrans

Not saying that at all.

I think anyone hoping for us to have a really good season this year needs to lower their expectations.

The squad we have is, in reality, sub standard and there are a load of question marks over players that have the potential to be key men.

Not just that, Hurst has had a shortened pre season which was arranged by his predecessor. He hasn't liked the games programme and he hasn't been able to work the players as hard as he would like to - he hasn't been able to make the necessary additions and is in limbo with his start striker.

If we can comfortably avoid relegation this year, and not be dragged into a fight at all - whilst moving the style of play forwards and the squad to ensure Hurst has all his players then that will be a good season.

We then go into pre season for 2019/20 ready to do exactly what Hurst wants, with who he wants and how he wants and go from there.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

So when ME said the same budgets were in place on 14:26 - Jul 31 with 1606 viewsSuperfrans

So when ME said the same budgets were in place on 13:15 - Jul 31 by itfcjoe

I think anyone hoping for us to have a really good season this year needs to lower their expectations.

The squad we have is, in reality, sub standard and there are a load of question marks over players that have the potential to be key men.

Not just that, Hurst has had a shortened pre season which was arranged by his predecessor. He hasn't liked the games programme and he hasn't been able to work the players as hard as he would like to - he hasn't been able to make the necessary additions and is in limbo with his start striker.

If we can comfortably avoid relegation this year, and not be dragged into a fight at all - whilst moving the style of play forwards and the squad to ensure Hurst has all his players then that will be a good season.

We then go into pre season for 2019/20 ready to do exactly what Hurst wants, with who he wants and how he wants and go from there.

Yes, on expectations. I bumped into someone after the MK Dons who said she was concerned, as we didn't look like a promotion team. I'm hoping that that kind of thinking will be a minority.

I don't think I'm quite as pessimistic as you about the season coming though. While I'm worried that we still have a lot of business to do and I do think anything better than bottom 6/8 will be a good return between now and January, I'm encouraged by the way we seem to be adjusting to the new style of play. I'm also more confident than most (I guess) that we'll do the deals required to get in 4/5/6 additional players in between now and the end of August (perms and loans).

I think we've got a decent base of experienced Championship players and a rich vein of youngsters coming through who should ensure we do okay, even between now and Christmas. And Hurst will have chance to make his stamp in January, if required.

Ultimately, though, we'll only really get a measure of where we are after the first 2/3 league matches. Blackburn is as good a home game to start with in many ways, as Hurst will know them as well as anyone we'll play this season. if we can get a win under our belts, that will really give us a boost going into the rest of the month. A defeat and it could well be a fairly nerve-wracking month...

So when ME said the same budgets were in place on 15:21 - Jul 31 with 1580 viewsitfcjoe

So when ME said the same budgets were in place on 14:26 - Jul 31 by Superfrans

Yes, on expectations. I bumped into someone after the MK Dons who said she was concerned, as we didn't look like a promotion team. I'm hoping that that kind of thinking will be a minority.

I don't think I'm quite as pessimistic as you about the season coming though. While I'm worried that we still have a lot of business to do and I do think anything better than bottom 6/8 will be a good return between now and January, I'm encouraged by the way we seem to be adjusting to the new style of play. I'm also more confident than most (I guess) that we'll do the deals required to get in 4/5/6 additional players in between now and the end of August (perms and loans).

I think we've got a decent base of experienced Championship players and a rich vein of youngsters coming through who should ensure we do okay, even between now and Christmas. And Hurst will have chance to make his stamp in January, if required.

Ultimately, though, we'll only really get a measure of where we are after the first 2/3 league matches. Blackburn is as good a home game to start with in many ways, as Hurst will know them as well as anyone we'll play this season. if we can get a win under our belts, that will really give us a boost going into the rest of the month. A defeat and it could well be a fairly nerve-wracking month...

I wouldn't say I'm paticularly pessimistic, just that think there are some clear holes in the squad and can see Hurst not been happy with ho he has been able to prepare the players in pre season.

I just think that if we can stay well clear of relegation, and never be looking down and being worried about being dragged into it then that is a good season. I worry others have a view of things that seem out of kilter with the reality of where we are compared to our rivals.

This isn't a short term job, and will take next summer to really get going - but I'm looking forward to the journey, just expecting it to be a bit slower than some who think because he isn't Mick everything will now be fine.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Whilst I agree with your sentiment.... on 15:44 - Jul 31 with 1557 viewschicoazul

Minimal.

Yep.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

So when ME said the same budgets were in place on 15:54 - Jul 31 with 1545 viewsfloridaboy

So when ME said the same budgets were in place on 10:48 - Jul 31 by Betablocker

Haha

Just getting a little nervous that a CB still not here obviously not an issue for those with blue tinted specs on

This happens every year. Window will close and we'll get 'oh but we still have the loan market'

I just would like to see movement and not because waghorn goes

Happy to be proved wrong but i doubt i will be

Sorry but don't get where you are coming from. What you are basically saying is that the club have a bit of cash to spend and all they have to do is go to another club and say 'we want him and you can have x in cash'.

Then that club says thank you very much and here is the player.

Are you for real. Don't you understand how transfers operate. We have had two bids for Tilt turned down apparently. So Blackpool are playing hardball which they are quite entitled to do.

The majority of lower leagues sides are desperate for cash and will try and get as much as possible for their best players. And who can blame them. No different to our stance with Waghorn.

Give Hurst and Evans a chance for christs sake!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024