Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Notts Forrest splash the cash 13:32 - Jun 13 with 2891 viewsNazemariner

13.2mill on a single player. WTF?
Notts Forrest splash the cash on 13:33 - Jun 13 with 2883 viewsDanFord

I f**king love Evans. In 2021 we will go up as the only side promoted to the Premier League after the other 23 are all crippled with debts and have to sell their entire staff and replace them with pub players.

Poll: Would you be willing to consider a new club crest?

Notts Forrest splash the cash on 13:51 - Jun 13 with 2772 viewschristiand

Thought Forest had learnt their lesson previously and their approach was more like ours regarding transfers....clearly not!!

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Notts Forrest splash the cash on 13:56 - Jun 13 with 2726 viewsCurrie10

Yet absolutely limited people expect a top 6 push #absolutelyclueless.

Before I get the ' we don't ' off a lot - and while many don't, a good %%% seem to think we 'should' be top 6.

Comedy gold.
Notts Forrest splash the cash on 13:58 - Jun 13 with 2713 viewsDanFord

They also sold Assambalonga for £15m. So you could argue they are simply replacing him with another player AND making a profit!

Poll: Would you be willing to consider a new club crest?

Notts Forrest splash the cash on 14:01 - Jun 13 with 2687 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

Notts Forrest splash the cash on 13:58 - Jun 13 by DanFord

They also sold Assambalonga for £15m. So you could argue they are simply replacing him with another player AND making a profit!

Indeed.. I don't think there is the need for such outrage. However it is clearly very a bit ridiculous that a club can (and is willing to) spend that much on one player

Interesting as well that Jorge Mendes is Karanka's agent as well as the player so we could be going down a similar route to Wolves of last season.
Notts Forrest splash the cash on 14:08 - Jun 13 with 2645 viewsNazemariner

Notts Forrest splash the cash on 13:58 - Jun 13 by DanFord

They did indeed, but they also reinvested about half of that last season.
Notts Forrest splash the cash on 15:02 - Jun 13 with 2478 viewsitfcjoe

Strikes me as a silly move - unless bucket loads of cash going to be spent on the whole team then there is no need to spend that much on one player and spreading that across 2, 3 or 4 players would be a much better move

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Notts Forrest splash the cash on 21:29 - Jun 13 with 2171 viewsTerry_Nutkins

To be fair i am just impressed how close you were to syncing the time of your post to the fee. Top effort.

Poll: Genuine answers please on what you would choose next season!

Login to get fewer ads

Notts Forrest splash the cash on 21:44 - Jun 13 with 2121 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

how do they balance that against their inflow?

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Notts Forrest splash the cash on 21:49 - Jun 13 with 2104 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Notts Forrest splash the cash on 13:33 - Jun 13 by DanFord

I f**king love Evans. In 2021 we will go up as the only side promoted to the Premier League after the other 23 are all crippled with debts and have to sell their entire staff and replace them with pub players.

Surely a few questions have to be asked against these clubs. Firstly, a big eyebrow has to be raised with FFP, how on earth can Forest, with no parachute payments, no major sellable assets, average attendances balance this kind of sum against their financial income?

Also have to ask how long this can be sustained for, with so many clubs spending so big, only 3 can go up every year, sooner rather than later, these clubs will be sinking quicker than the titanic.

Notts Forrest splash the cash on 21:53 - Jun 13 with 2083 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

maybe doing a wolves but my god it will be funny if they don't get promoted.

Notts Forrest splash the cash on 22:58 - Jun 13 with 1982 viewsArnieM

Clearly haven’t been watching events going on at nearby Villa and Derby County then. What a bunch of pillocks. Hope they get they just desserts tbh. Which won’t be promotion.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024