Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Northern Echo reporting that Ross 'talked terms' at town 13:10 - May 24 with 10108 viewsVeryStableGenius

'He [Ross] also talked terms with Ipswich officials earlier this week, but the Portman Road club were reluctant to make a final decision over his candidature as they are keen to speak to Shrewsbury Town boss Paul Hurst once he has presided over his current employers’ League One play-off final against Rotherham United on Sunday.

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/16246691.Ross_turns_down_Ipswich_to_becom
Northern Echo reporting that Ross 'talked terms' at town on 13:11 - May 24 with 4874 viewswkj

I mean that story fits, but, the whole situation still seems really shady if im honest- I am half expecting Ross to come back from holiday and announce he's staying put, leaving us to do our thing, ans sunderland to look a bit daft(er)

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Northern Echo reporting that Ross 'talked terms' at town on 13:14 - May 24 with 4799 viewsHipsterectomy

This is going to turn into the sunderland forum next season. Can't wait for the score updates

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

Northern Echo reporting that Ross 'talked terms' at town on 13:15 - May 24 with 4791 viewsVeryStableGenius

Northern Echo reporting that Ross 'talked terms' at town on 13:11 - May 24 by wkj

I mean that story fits, but, the whole situation still seems really shady if im honest- I am half expecting Ross to come back from holiday and announce he's staying put, leaving us to do our thing, ans sunderland to look a bit daft(er)

Surprised Sunderland are intending to make an announcement while Ross is sunning himself in Greece. Unfortunately it seems that money will talk and Sunderland will offer him silly money.
Northern Echo reporting that Ross 'talked terms' at town on 13:15 - May 24 with 4786 viewsPhilTWTD

Just paraphrasing what we already know and have known for a while.
Northern Echo reporting that Ross 'talked terms' at town on 13:17 - May 24 with 4743 viewsSpruceMoose

Northern Echo reporting that Ross 'talked terms' at town on 13:15 - May 24 by VeryStableGenius

Surprised Sunderland are intending to make an announcement while Ross is sunning himself in Greece. Unfortunately it seems that money will talk and Sunderland will offer him silly money.

Ross seems to be the kind of guy who would wear a Stringfellow-esque thong on the beach.

Just sayin'.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Northern Echo reporting that Ross 'talked terms' at town on 13:17 - May 24 with 4738 viewsVeryStableGenius

Northern Echo reporting that Ross 'talked terms' at town on 13:15 - May 24 by PhilTWTD

Just paraphrasing what we already know and have known for a while.

Did we know that we got as far as discussing terms?
Northern Echo reporting that Ross 'talked terms' at town on 13:17 - May 24 with 4723 viewswkj

Northern Echo reporting that Ross 'talked terms' at town on 13:17 - May 24 by SpruceMoose

Ross seems to be the kind of guy who would wear a Stringfellow-esque thong on the beach.

Just sayin'.

I hope that becomes Joe's next avatar

Northern Echo reporting that Ross 'talked terms' at town on 13:19 - May 24 with 4690 viewsDanFord

You know what they say. If the slim look cardi fits .............

Poll: Would you be willing to consider a new club crest?

Login to get fewer ads

Northern Echo reporting that Ross 'talked terms' at town on 13:20 - May 24 with 4679 viewsOsborneOneNil

No issue, if we end up with a quality manager. Horrific act of thumb twiddling if we don't.
Northern Echo reporting that Ross 'talked terms' at town on 13:20 - May 24 with 4667 viewsPhilTWTD

Northern Echo reporting that Ross 'talked terms' at town on 13:17 - May 24 by VeryStableGenius

Did we know that we got as far as discussing terms?

I doubt things would have progressed to the point where the process had been narrowed to two candidates without having some discussion on terms, and had been led to believe that was the case. I really meant the overall picture though, that Town are waiting to formally talk to Hurst before making their decision.
Northern Echo reporting that Ross 'talked terms' at town on 13:22 - May 24 with 4621 viewsSpruceMoose

Northern Echo reporting that Ross 'talked terms' at town on 13:20 - May 24 by PhilTWTD

I doubt things would have progressed to the point where the process had been narrowed to two candidates without having some discussion on terms, and had been led to believe that was the case. I really meant the overall picture though, that Town are waiting to formally talk to Hurst before making their decision.

Is your understanding that Ross coming to us is now dead in the water?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Northern Echo reporting that Ross 'talked terms' at town on 13:23 - May 24 with 4612 viewsWestSussexBlue

So looking from Paul Hurst’s angle, he’s well and truly got Town by the Danglies if he wants the job.
Northern Echo reporting that Ross 'talked terms' at town on 13:23 - May 24 with 4609 viewsVeryStableGenius

Northern Echo reporting that Ross 'talked terms' at town on 13:20 - May 24 by PhilTWTD

Considering the timeline, Ross must have been speaking to Sunderland during our negotiations.
Northern Echo reporting that Ross 'talked terms' at town on 13:24 - May 24 with 4585 viewsPhilTWTD

Northern Echo reporting that Ross 'talked terms' at town on 13:23 - May 24 by VeryStableGenius

Considering the timeline, Ross must have been speaking to Sunderland during our negotiations.

I agree, was almost certainly talking to both parties simultaneously. I assume permission wasn't sought from St Mirren as the new owners weren't actually in charge of Sunderland when they began talks.
Northern Echo reporting that Ross 'talked terms' at town on 13:24 - May 24 with 4578 viewsEdmundo

A load of bollox by a Sunderland owner desperate to impress. We haven't selected a manager yet , still have candidates to interview and who knows, maybe Rossi just hasn't been offered the job here?

Poll: Will our competitors in the Championship "find us out" in 2nd half of season
Blog: Blue Sky Thinking

Northern Echo reporting that Ross 'talked terms' at town on 13:25 - May 24 with 4567 viewsPhilTWTD

Northern Echo reporting that Ross 'talked terms' at town on 13:22 - May 24 by SpruceMoose

Assuming the Sunderland owner hasn't massively overstated the position there.
Northern Echo reporting that Ross 'talked terms' at town on 13:28 - May 24 with 4508 viewswkj

Northern Echo reporting that Ross 'talked terms' at town on 13:22 - May 24 by SpruceMoose

I still feel there is another knot in this rope, and Ross is probably having a crap holiday now - I don't feel confident he's coming here, but I feel Sunderland may be left surprised

Northern Echo reporting that Ross 'talked terms' at town on 13:29 - May 24 with 4509 viewsjpring89

Northern Echo reporting that Ross 'talked terms' at town on 13:23 - May 24 by WestSussexBlue

So looking from Paul Hurst’s angle, he’s well and truly got Town by the Danglies if he wants the job.

Not really. Evans knows he needs to deliver Hurst now. Only problem is if there are any other clubs after him.

Poll: What irritates you more ?

Northern Echo reporting that Ross 'talked terms' at town on 13:30 - May 24 with 4496 viewsVeryStableGenius

Northern Echo reporting that Ross 'talked terms' at town on 13:25 - May 24 by PhilTWTD

Let's hope Ross and Evans are enjoying a cold beer and cigar at a pool-side bar as we speak.
Northern Echo reporting that Ross 'talked terms' at town on 13:33 - May 24 with 4444 viewsSuperfrans

Northern Echo reporting that Ross 'talked terms' at town on 13:25 - May 24 by PhilTWTD

I have to say, it all sounds very fishy. First the owner said their manager would be announced yesterday, than it was going to be today, now Ross isn't back from Greece until before the weekend (presumably tomorrow).

This on top of announcing he'd been signed, before seeking permission from St Mirren etc.

I wonder what Ross will think about all of this.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Northern Echo reporting that Ross 'talked terms' at town on 13:34 - May 24 with 4419 viewsSpruceMoose

Northern Echo reporting that Ross 'talked terms' at town on 13:30 - May 24 by VeryStableGenius

Let's hope Ross and Evans are enjoying a cold beer and cigar at a pool-side bar as we speak.

Northern Echo reporting that Ross 'talked terms' at town on 13:36 - May 24 with 4374 viewsDanFord

Northern Echo reporting that Ross 'talked terms' at town on 13:33 - May 24 by Superfrans

I have to say, it all sounds very fishy. First the owner said their manager would be announced yesterday, than it was going to be today, now Ross isn't back from Greece until before the weekend (presumably tomorrow).

This on top of announcing he'd been signed, before seeking permission from St Mirren etc.

What possible harm would it do Ross to wait until he is back from holiday before agreeing to move to Sunderland anyway. We'd have a chance to speak to Hurst and could then make a move for Ross if we wanted him, giving him pick of the jobs. Sunderland could hardly have made an ultimatum of sign now or we will move onto someone else because then it would be clear they weren't that desperate to land him. It's all very strange.

Poll: Would you be willing to consider a new club crest?

Northern Echo reporting that Ross 'talked terms' at town on 13:43 - May 24 with 4292 viewsitfcjoe

Northern Echo reporting that Ross 'talked terms' at town on 13:36 - May 24 by DanFord

What possible harm would it do Ross to wait until he is back from holiday before agreeing to move to Sunderland anyway. We'd have a chance to speak to Hurst and could then make a move for Ross if we wanted him, giving him pick of the jobs. Sunderland could hardly have made an ultimatum of sign now or we will move onto someone else because then it would be clear they weren't that desperate to land him. It's all very strange.

I suppose the only possible hope that Ross is open to coming here and therefore we can potentially choose between Hurst and Ross is how he feels about the chaotic way Sunderland have handled his 'appointment'.

If what the SAFC chairman says is true and he has agreed terms, and they now have permission to speak to him then it is a done deal. But I can't imagine Sunderland's style will have impressed Ross, and it may also give him concern as to how the new ownership will run the club.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Northern Echo reporting that Ross 'talked terms' at town on 13:44 - May 24 with 4270 viewsPhilTWTD

Northern Echo reporting that Ross 'talked terms' at town on 13:33 - May 24 by Superfrans

I thought that as well. And also what Sunderland fans made of it all, a thoroughly chaotic and apparently underhand start to the new owners' reign.
Northern Echo reporting that Ross 'talked terms' at town on 13:44 - May 24 with 4261 viewsKieran_Knows

Northern Echo reporting that Ross 'talked terms' at town on 13:43 - May 24 by itfcjoe

I suppose the only possible hope that Ross is open to coming here and therefore we can potentially choose between Hurst and Ross is how he feels about the chaotic way Sunderland have handled his 'appointment'.

If what the SAFC chairman says is true and he has agreed terms, and they now have permission to speak to him then it is a done deal. But I can't imagine Sunderland's style will have impressed Ross, and it may also give him concern as to how the new ownership will run the club.

Do you think all that is going to bother him when they 5x his salary to £350k a year? Even if he's sacked after a few months he'll be in for a decent payout.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024