Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
My sources inform me.. 18:08 - May 18 with 15002 viewsZondervansTash

That Jack Ross has been interviewed again and impressed but is also really attracting 2 or 3 other clubs. ME has made it clear (more within the club and with his advisers) he wants to speak with Paul Hurst but with his commitments/distractions of P/O final this may be a few days away and that is if PH even wants to engage in a conversation. If, in the meantime whilst Evans waits and with the rumours of interest elsewhere, another club offer JR the job, more money and bigger spending budget and PH gets he Shrews up the genuine fear internally is we could lose out on both. Evans is a businessman and wants the right/best man for the job but the people on the inside I know are genuinely concerned if we don’t snap up Ross in next 48hrs the bigger the risk of losing him to a rival and also missing out with PH too. Personally, I think the longer Evans drags this out in the hope of speaking wih Hurst the bigger the likelihood by early week after next he will be looking at his b list if he doesn’t snap up JR ASAP
[Post edited 18 May 2018 19:00]
Always going to be a concern on 14:40 - May 19 with 1936 viewsDyland

Always going to be a concern on 10:46 - May 19 by BlueyandCrazy

Of course they are, but when it’s a massive step up for the candidate the balance of power and negotiation lies with the club in this instance. Unlike 6 years ago when MM would have had Evans over a barrel.

There's some truth in that, but it also ignores the fact other clubs may/are interested. And whilst Town is a decent enough draw, we would be naive to think there aren't other potentially (more) attractive opportunities out there.

I hear you tho ba.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

My sources inform me.. on 14:47 - May 19 with 1909 viewsNthsuffolkblue

My sources inform me.. on 09:05 - May 19 by urbanblue

The sale of Sunderland is due to be completed early next week and I'm sure they will be interested in both Ross and Hurst. Would be a guaranteed promotion I reckon and quite an attractive proposition although in a different way to us.

Being in the Jack Ross camp very worrying.

Why will they be?

A club their size after a buy-out will be looking at McCarthy, McLaren, Lampard or someone of that stature in the game, I suspect. But it will probably depend just how much sense the new owners have. It would not be unheard of for new owners to have a vested interest in someone associated with them.
[Post edited 19 May 2018 14:50]

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

My sources inform me.. on 15:10 - May 19 with 1854 viewsTJS

I am getting really concerned that Ross could be a seriously good manager at another Championship club next season if we don't act now. I'm not convinced Hurst will even come and if Shrewsbury are promoted I can't see us getting him down the week after.
For better or worse just get Ross in now - I think he would have the backing of most of nearly all the fans.
My sources inform me.. on 15:17 - May 19 with 1830 viewsNthsuffolkblue

My sources inform me.. on 15:10 - May 19 by TJS

I am getting really concerned that Ross could be a seriously good manager at another Championship club next season if we don't act now. I'm not convinced Hurst will even come and if Shrewsbury are promoted I can't see us getting him down the week after.
For better or worse just get Ross in now - I think he would have the backing of most of nearly all the fans.

If Ross is interesting these other rumoured clubs and they are a better proposition he will not join us just because we make an offer first. He will know whether they are genuinely interested (and one could argue that the public nature of his application/interview etc has been to sound out how much other interest there might be).

Therefore, it is right for ME to take his time to ensure he makes the right choice. Yes, Ross is the popular choice right now but that does not in and of itself make him the best choice.

I am more concerned that ME is getting the right advice and will make the right choice when he does decide.

My sources inform me.. on 18:42 - May 19 with 1688 viewsJ2BLUE

on 01:00 - Jan 1 by

He's admitted it's based on the fact he's has 'multiple meetings with the board'.

Another chancer.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

My sources inform me.. on 22:50 - May 19 with 1499 viewsNthsuffolkblue

My sources inform me.. on 18:42 - May 19 by J2BLUE

He's admitted it's based on the fact he's has 'multiple meetings with the board'.

Another chancer.

and presumably uninformed enough to be unaware that Lampard has also held multiple meetings.

I wonder who else has and where in the process Evans has got to.

I suspect we will still be wondering at the end of the month.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024