Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
My Top 5 manager choices 20:51 - May 3 with 10307 viewsSuperfrans

Trying to keep on top of all the manager links is doing my head in.

For what it’s worth, this is my current thinking - although Mowbray is looking increasingly unlikely, it seems.

If that does prove to be the case, I reckon it’s down to Hurst, Jones, Warburton - and possibly Grayson, if he decides against another contract at Bradford.

Yes please:
Tony Mowbray
Nathan Jones
Mark Warburton
Simon Grayson
Paul Hurst

Hmm, okay then:
Nigel Clough
Scott Parker
Kevin Nolan
Jack Ross
David Unsworth
Darrell Clarke (with Marcus Stewart)

Hmm, rather not:
Frank Lampard
Graham Potter
Jaap Stam
Chris Coleman
Gary White
Kenny Jackett

No no no no no. Please no:
Shefki Kuqi
Alan Pardew
Sol Campbell
Steve McLaren
Gary Megson

No chance (not going to happen):
Paul Cook
Danny Cowley
Martin Steijn
Steven Gerrard

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

My Top 5 manager choices on 11:50 - May 4 with 1186 viewsitfcjoe

My Top 5 manager choices on 11:46 - May 4 by Mach_foreignBlue

'turn the whole club round from the shambles it has been under the Venkys'.

And those disastrous Venkys (despite the club being in the big debt) provided him with the players that are simply too good for this league.

And to be honest I can't blame him for turning us down. Venkys will still offer him a better financial backing than Evans.

Too good for this league? I keep reading that about Bradely Dack who scored 6 goals for Gillingham as they finished 21st the year before - do you not think it is good management to recruit a player who had been struggling and get the best out of him.

Any Championship club could have had him for £500k but no-one did - what is he worth now? Isn't that partly down to mowbray?

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

My Top 5 manager choices on 11:53 - May 4 with 1177 viewsZacak

My Top 5 manager choices on 06:53 - May 4 by Herbivore

He took West Brom up, he's just got Blackburn promoted.

Both with big budgets relative to their leagues. Completely different to the job required at Town
You've left out.... on 11:53 - May 4 with 1177 viewsBloots

....Leo Sayer and Paul Michael Glaser.

Enduringly lovable, intelligent and thunderingly exquisite.

My Top 5 manager choices on 11:57 - May 4 with 1170 viewsMach_foreignBlue

My Top 5 manager choices on 11:50 - May 4 by itfcjoe

Too good for this league? I keep reading that about Bradely Dack who scored 6 goals for Gillingham as they finished 21st the year before - do you not think it is good management to recruit a player who had been struggling and get the best out of him.

Any Championship club could have had him for £500k but no-one did - what is he worth now? Isn't that partly down to mowbray?

Have you seen Dack playing? The ilk of midfielder that would have made a hell of difference for us. Operating right behind strikers. Perhaps he felt bored at Gillingham, we don't know.

Yes Venkys paid 750k for the player just before their League One campaign. Do you think Mowbray would have got the same support in that league had Evans been his club's owner? He would have probably got a Gillingham's injury prone reject.

Yes players like Mulgrew or Graham are too good for League One.
My Top 5 manager choices on 12:16 - May 4 with 1153 viewsitfcjoe

My Top 5 manager choices on 11:57 - May 4 by Mach_foreignBlue

Have you seen Dack playing? The ilk of midfielder that would have made a hell of difference for us. Operating right behind strikers. Perhaps he felt bored at Gillingham, we don't know.

Yes Venkys paid 750k for the player just before their League One campaign. Do you think Mowbray would have got the same support in that league had Evans been his club's owner? He would have probably got a Gillingham's injury prone reject.

Yes players like Mulgrew or Graham are too good for League One.

I think Evans would give us a bit of backing to get us back into this league, because any stint in L1 and we are buggared. They spent £1m on a few players so not a massive investment but obviously worked out.

Yes I've seen Dack playing, but so have all 24 Championship managers who deemed him not worth a cheap punt. I can't say I've seen much of Mulgrew bar set pieces which are clearly excellent - but Danny Graham has barely scored a goal at this level for 5 or 6 seasons.

You can not want him here and admit that he's done a good job at Blackburn - they aren't mutually exclusive

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

My Top 5 manager choices on 12:39 - May 4 with 1134 viewsMach_foreignBlue

My Top 5 manager choices on 12:16 - May 4 by itfcjoe

I think Evans would give us a bit of backing to get us back into this league, because any stint in L1 and we are buggared. They spent £1m on a few players so not a massive investment but obviously worked out.

Yes I've seen Dack playing, but so have all 24 Championship managers who deemed him not worth a cheap punt. I can't say I've seen much of Mulgrew bar set pieces which are clearly excellent - but Danny Graham has barely scored a goal at this level for 5 or 6 seasons.

You can not want him here and admit that he's done a good job at Blackburn - they aren't mutually exclusive

Equally though the promotion with Blackburn, with such good squad doesn't automatically means he is a good manager all of sudden.

Plus the sentiments are also one of the reasons why some people want him here. And they will still want him in the future.
My Top 5 manager choices on 15:26 - May 4 with 1108 viewsSuperfrans

My Top 5 manager choices on 10:44 - May 4 by Mach_foreignBlue

It's not a snipe. The way he's been 'adored' for years really amazes me. People want him ... just because he played for us. They probably forget that he's been a dismal failure for the two clubs closest to his heart that is Middlesbrough and Celtic.

"Mowbray...... dear me !"
Maybe "snotty" is a better word.

It's not about adoring him, it's about thinking he has lots of the attributes we all want, including being someone who can unify the fans, because of his past. That doesn't mean the only reason people advocate him is because he is an ex-player - but when we have such a disunited fanbase, it is a positive factor.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

My Top 5 manager choices on 15:35 - May 4 with 1101 viewsrickw

I would make a few changes to your list, but largely agree with most of it
Yes please:
Tony Mowbray
Nathan Jones
Mark Warburton
Graham Potter
Paul Hurst
Darrell Clarke (with Marcus Stewart)

Hmm, okay then:
Nigel Clough