Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Do NOT turn toxic on Evans 14:11 - Apr 11 with 9110 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

A plea, for fans to not turn on Evans. Now that MM has departed, do not turn your attention to Evans, the departure of MM can be used to bring positivity back to Town, not continued negativity. This is a time for Town fans to unite once again, support WHOEVER comes in, watch a crop of academy players develop into the first team.

Where this no sensicatical approach of Marcus Evans has ruined our club comes from is bewildering, the man saves our club year after year after year. He may not have the capability to launch millions upon millions at the club, hes tried that before and as so many do (QPR, Pompey), FAILED.

He supplements this by investing heavily in the academy and developing the talent from a young age, which subsequently costing £0.00, which is the most efficient way we will compete in this league, and i for one would rather watch a homegrown talent be given a chance than taking a chance on some foreigner, who cost well over £5 million and is a complete gamble.

Beyond everything Evans pays in £7,000,000 a year just to keep us a float, now if anyone on here has the capability to do that then by all means, if not, i think the man should be showed some respect for allowing us to watch our beloved Ipswich Town week in week out.

COYB

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Do NOT turn toxic on Evans on 17:49 - Apr 11 with 1452 viewsPJH

Do NOT turn toxic on Evans on 17:13 - Apr 11 by Nazemariner

I don't think the word achieve should ever be used to describe MM's tenure.

He achieved the discovery of a largish number of idiots disguised as ITFC supporters.
Do NOT turn toxic on Evans on 19:19 - Apr 11 with 1414 viewsbraveblue

Please tell me the last year he put in £7m. Remember to deduct transfer fees, depreciation, interest and tax offsets.
Do NOT turn toxic on Evans on 19:34 - Apr 11 with 1402 viewsRAH4

No Toxicity,
Just move on.
Leadership skills include being visible, having a clear vision, communication, and, being realistic.
Thats all I ask for.
Do NOT turn toxic on Evans on 19:41 - Apr 11 with 1397 viewsTheBlueBarca

Do NOT turn toxic on Evans on 14:29 - Apr 11 by Swansea_Blue

The problem is he's not supposed to be only our banker. He's the custodian of our club. His decisions shape everything and when he leaves he won't have done a good job unless the club is in a better position than when he took it on.

He does a lot of good in some areas, but it's not just about the money. Nobody criticises him for funding the club, and we'd be a lot worse off without him there. But he's never got a decent handle on the football and fan side of things, and without those 2 you may as well not have a football club.

I'd say over 10 years he's proven to be a failure running this club. People talk about him as if he's some sort of financial genius and saviour, the blokes lost £60-70million quid while here and achieved absolutely nothing for it, plus he charges us what 10% interest on that £70million, so he's hardly doing charity work.The ground looks a shambles, the pitch is a state, the club made its worse finish in half a century under his "stewardship".

The idea that this man is beyond criticism is utterly insulting to the hardcore of paying support and a classic my support is better than your post from a few of the bitter inners on this board.

Mick bore the brunt, but he's slashed the budget with all the twisted enthusiasm of a Tory cabinet minister, telling us we're all living with our means and are all in it together, and he'll do it again! I challenge any manager worth his salt to do well under his leadership, or lack thereof.

Everyone on this forum is always wrong.
Poll: Should Tommy Smith be awarded a Testimonial at Ipswich?

Do NOT turn toxic on Evans on 19:42 - Apr 11 with 1397 viewsNazemariner

Do NOT turn toxic on Evans on 17:14 - Apr 11 by The_Romford_Blue

Hahahahahah

You don’t think Mick overachieved?

Despite finishing above the budget of 18th in every season he managed us?

How can you overachieve when you have achieved nothing? He did a good job of staving off relegation in his first season here. He went in to have a couple of decent seasons, but has subsequently played poor football, which has led to poor results, and ultimately his departure.
Do NOT turn toxic on Evans on 19:45 - Apr 11 with 1391 viewsMullet

Do NOT turn toxic on Evans on 19:42 - Apr 11 by Nazemariner

How can you overachieve when you have achieved nothing? He did a good job of staving off relegation in his first season here. He went in to have a couple of decent seasons, but has subsequently played poor football, which has led to poor results, and ultimately his departure.

"Achieved nothing" lists Mick's achievements reluctantly.

Evans' tenure has become a litany of problems, disasters and mediocrity. Not all of it is his fault, but the real question is, if Mick dragging the club along for half a decade is "not enough" then what does that make Evans' tenure?

At some point it has to be said he's either not doing enough, or not able to and at some point you have to assess where that leaves us. If we continue like this we're back to where Mick found us and more likely to go down.

We're at a massive precipice here and Evans' next move decides not just our short term future, but potentially plunges us lower than we've been for decades if he gets it wrong. His recruitment has been 1 in 3 thus far. He needs to make it 50:50 in the very minimum and accept that his club is far more expensive to run than when he took it on.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Do NOT turn toxic on Evans on 19:56 - Apr 11 with 1377 viewsLeoMuff

Do NOT turn toxic on Evans on 14:17 - Apr 11 by sparks

How can someone contributing millions be the main problem unless there is someone ready to commit more?

When the man in question can easily financially commit more but chooses not to, and also makes large errors of judgement in his choice of key personnel, that is when they become the main problem.

He has made some big profits on key players, which instead of being reinvested in playing staff has been used to reduce running costs.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

Do NOT turn toxic on Evans on 20:25 - Apr 11 with 1358 viewsKeaneish

Do NOT turn toxic on Evans on 14:17 - Apr 11 by sparks

How can someone contributing millions be the main problem unless there is someone ready to commit more?

Very easily if the price to participate has increased drastically, priced him out of the game and other all plans have ended badly. We’ve been so safe for years now we’d have been blinded out if this were a poker game. Time to make some moves.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Login to get fewer ads

Do NOT turn toxic on Evans on 21:34 - Apr 11 with 1331 viewsZacak

Do NOT turn toxic on Evans on 14:13 - Apr 11 by The_Romford_Blue

Naa f**k that - EVANS OUT!

Mick took so much abuse whilst Evans was happyti let him take the flak.

Evans is the problem.

Premier league money is the problem
Do NOT turn toxic on Evans on 21:38 - Apr 11 with 1327 viewsZacak

Do NOT turn toxic on Evans on 14:25 - Apr 11 by Swansea_Blue

Hi Marcus

Vicious circle though isn't it. His poor decisions in the past have led to poor results, which leads to a loss in fan interest and revenue, which contributes to poor performances, etc. All making us less competitive and needing to be subsidised more by ME.

I don't want us to be run unsustainably, nobody with any sense would want that. But it remains true that he is overseeing our worse period in post-war history. He's not a bad owner compared to the likes of some. He's just not a very inspiring one either who has a knack of making, or failing to make, appropriate and timely decisions. I hope he gets the next one right.

I'd like to hope most fans will give the next manager and his team their full support.

Our worst period also coincides with the advent of massive parachute payments. This is the real problem in the Championship
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024