Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Do NOT turn toxic on Evans 14:11 - Apr 11 with 9068 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

A plea, for fans to not turn on Evans. Now that MM has departed, do not turn your attention to Evans, the departure of MM can be used to bring positivity back to Town, not continued negativity. This is a time for Town fans to unite once again, support WHOEVER comes in, watch a crop of academy players develop into the first team.

Where this no sensicatical approach of Marcus Evans has ruined our club comes from is bewildering, the man saves our club year after year after year. He may not have the capability to launch millions upon millions at the club, hes tried that before and as so many do (QPR, Pompey), FAILED.

He supplements this by investing heavily in the academy and developing the talent from a young age, which subsequently costing £0.00, which is the most efficient way we will compete in this league, and i for one would rather watch a homegrown talent be given a chance than taking a chance on some foreigner, who cost well over £5 million and is a complete gamble.

Beyond everything Evans pays in £7,000,000 a year just to keep us a float, now if anyone on here has the capability to do that then by all means, if not, i think the man should be showed some respect for allowing us to watch our beloved Ipswich Town week in week out.

COYB

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Do NOT turn toxic on Evans on 14:13 - Apr 11 with 5033 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Naa f**k that - EVANS OUT!

Mick took so much abuse whilst Evans was happyti let him take the flak.

Evans is the problem.

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

Do NOT turn toxic on Evans on 14:17 - Apr 11 with 5003 viewssparks

Do NOT turn toxic on Evans on 14:13 - Apr 11 by The_Romford_Blue

Evans is the problem.

How can someone contributing millions be the main problem unless there is someone ready to commit more?

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Up yours Marcus..... on 14:18 - Apr 11 with 4983 viewsBloots

....#evansout

AKA - "Elite Pete"

Do NOT turn toxic on Evans on 14:18 - Apr 11 with 4995 viewsSteve_M

Good Afternoon Ian.

Evans' initial purchase quite probably saved the club, and Sheepy, from a second period in administration and the initial spending should have given us a really good chance of promotion but what is his plan for the club now? Is he just going to spend a few million a year to mark time in this division? Unless we properly re-invest what we make in transfer fees that is all we can possibly do.

The run-down nature of the ground - North Stand roof, peeling paint, odd patches of vegetative growth - and minimal effort put into anything outside the first team suggests that ME doesn't particularly care for his asset.

ME hasn't ruined the club but there is a process of atrophy underway for which he does not have an answer. He needs to come up with a viable plan or accept a bigger hit on his investment than he is currently willing to do.

Edit to add: There is no need for any toxicity or abuse towards Evans, there is a need for robust enquiry and criticism.
[Post edited 11 Apr 2018 14:20]

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Do NOT turn toxic on Evans on 14:22 - Apr 11 with 4968 viewsVaughan8

Do NOT turn toxic on Evans on 14:17 - Apr 11 by sparks

How can someone contributing millions be the main problem unless there is someone ready to commit more?

I don't understand all this "blame" on Evans (someone can explain if they really want) when he is basically funding the club.

Ok he got a few managers wrong, and is slow to make changes, but what exactly do people expect? Him to plough another £20m into the club every year?

The only thing I can say is that I am the most disconnected with the club I have ever been. Who's fault that is I don't know.
Do NOT turn toxic on Evans on 14:24 - Apr 11 with 4955 viewsIllinoisblue

shut up Marcus and get on with your video interview.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Do NOT turn toxic on Evans on 14:25 - Apr 11 with 4955 viewsSwansea_Blue

Hi Marcus

Vicious circle though isn't it. His poor decisions in the past have led to poor results, which leads to a loss in fan interest and revenue, which contributes to poor performances, etc. All making us less competitive and needing to be subsidised more by ME.

I don't want us to be run unsustainably, nobody with any sense would want that. But it remains true that he is overseeing our worse period in post-war history. He's not a bad owner compared to the likes of some. He's just not a very inspiring one either who has a knack of making, or failing to make, appropriate and timely decisions. I hope he gets the next one right.

I'd like to hope most fans will give the next manager and his team their full support.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Do NOT turn toxic on Evans on 14:25 - Apr 11 with 4953 viewsLord_Lucan

Evans is the problem.

The only problem with Evans is that he is prepared to bankroll our losses resulting in our poor fans having to keep turning up.

No way can you blame Evans for letting Mick take the stick. Evans did what all owners should do and leave it for the manager to get on with his job without interruption.

I only wish he had interrupted a couple of years back.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Login to get fewer ads

Do NOT turn toxic on Evans on 14:26 - Apr 11 with 4941 viewsgrimboy

Evans is the problem.

If I was on 750k a year you could call me every name you and who ever wanted to call me,it’s good money to be abused for a few hours a day.
Well I think MM was on something like that.
Do NOT turn toxic on Evans on 14:29 - Apr 11 with 4926 viewsSwansea_Blue

Do NOT turn toxic on Evans on 14:22 - Apr 11 by Vaughan8

I don't understand all this "blame" on Evans (someone can explain if they really want) when he is basically funding the club.

Ok he got a few managers wrong, and is slow to make changes, but what exactly do people expect? Him to plough another £20m into the club every year?

The only thing I can say is that I am the most disconnected with the club I have ever been. Who's fault that is I don't know.

The problem is he's not supposed to be only our banker. He's the custodian of our club. His decisions shape everything and when he leaves he won't have done a good job unless the club is in a better position than when he took it on.

He does a lot of good in some areas, but it's not just about the money. Nobody criticises him for funding the club, and we'd be a lot worse off without him there. But he's never got a decent handle on the football and fan side of things, and without those 2 you may as well not have a football club.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Do NOT turn toxic on Evans on 14:31 - Apr 11 with 4902 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Evans is the problem.

absolute nonsense.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Do NOT turn toxic on Evans on 14:39 - Apr 11 with 4870 viewsBlueBadger

Do NOT turn toxic on Evans on 14:26 - Apr 11 by grimboy

If I was on 750k a year you could call me every name you and who ever wanted to call me,it’s good money to be abused for a few hours a day.
Well I think MM was on something like that.

What exactly IS the earnings cut off for calling someone a paedophile in public?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Do NOT turn toxic on Evans on 14:42 - Apr 11 with 4855 viewshype313

Do NOT turn toxic on Evans on 14:39 - Apr 11 by BlueBadger

What exactly IS the earnings cut off for calling someone a paedophile in public?

Jesus wept, was that some of the comments thrown at him?

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Do NOT turn toxic on Evans on 14:43 - Apr 11 with 4849 viewsunbelievablue

Evans is the problem.

What should Evans have done and when?

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

Do NOT turn toxic on Evans on 14:43 - Apr 11 with 4850 viewsgrimboy

Do NOT turn toxic on Evans on 14:39 - Apr 11 by BlueBadger

I don’t know how much is it?
Do NOT turn toxic on Evans on 14:45 - Apr 11 with 4835 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Do NOT turn toxic on Evans on 14:42 - Apr 11 by hype313

Yep, vs Brentford there was an attempt at "Mick McCarthy, he touches your kids" from the less intelligent of the town support.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Do NOT turn toxic on Evans on 14:46 - Apr 11 with 4826 viewsSpruceMoose

Do NOT turn toxic on Evans on 14:17 - Apr 11 by sparks

Is it not possible to point to a problem without necessarily knowing a solution?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Do NOT turn toxic on Evans on 14:46 - Apr 11 with 4826 viewsITFC_Forever

Do NOT turn toxic on Evans on 14:42 - Apr 11 by hype313

It was at Brentford apparently, witnessed by a good few from on here.

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Do NOT turn toxic on Evans on 14:53 - Apr 11 with 4781 viewsBlueBadger

Do NOT turn toxic on Evans on 14:43 - Apr 11 by grimboy

I don’t know how much is it?

I presume it's at least £750k then?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Do NOT turn toxic on Evans on 14:54 - Apr 11 with 4775 viewshype313

Do NOT turn toxic on Evans on 14:45 - Apr 11 by Cheltenham_Blue

Yep, vs Brentford there was an attempt at "Mick McCarthy, he touches your kids" from the less intelligent of the town support.

Christ, I know we have a few neanderthals, but that's taking it to the extreme. I generally thought our away support was less hostile than our home support.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Do NOT turn toxic on Evans on 14:56 - Apr 11 with 4765 viewsLord_Lucan

Do NOT turn toxic on Evans on 14:54 - Apr 11 by hype313

Christ, I know we have a few neanderthals, but that's taking it to the extreme. I generally thought our away support was less hostile than our home support.

I think this actually has been pretty overblown. Pretty impossible to prevent a dozen drunk people out of 2000 taking things too far.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Do NOT turn toxic on Evans on 14:57 - Apr 11 with 4753 viewsunbelievablue

Do NOT turn toxic on Evans on 14:56 - Apr 11 by Lord_Lucan

I think this actually has been pretty overblown. Pretty impossible to prevent a dozen drunk people out of 2000 taking things too far.

BLANKET BAN ON BOOZE

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

Do NOT turn toxic on Evans on 14:58 - Apr 11 with 4745 viewsgrimboy

Do NOT turn toxic on Evans on 14:53 - Apr 11 by BlueBadger

I presume it's at least £750k then?

Oh well perhaps he is best out of it now and find a club who is happy with the style he coaches.
Do NOT turn toxic on Evans on 15:10 - Apr 11 with 4697 viewsfloridaboy

Do NOT turn toxic on Evans on 14:58 - Apr 11 by grimboy

Oh well perhaps he is best out of it now and find a club who is happy with the style he coaches.

And whose fans are happy to put up with that particular style and sit on their hands!!
Do NOT turn toxic on Evans on 15:26 - Apr 11 with 4652 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

This thread. Staggering.

EvansOut.

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024