Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone just seen what just happened in the Formula 1? 17:19 - Apr 8 with 5500 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

I literally turned it over to see who was leading and watched the guy get run over!

Almost definitely a broken leg and the miserable driver just stormed past into the pits. Literally ignored the stricken mechanic.

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

Anyone just seen what just happened in the Formula 1? on 17:27 - Apr 8 with 5444 viewsSitfcB

#ouch

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Anyone just seen what just happened in the Formula 1? on 17:31 - Apr 8 with 5393 viewsFrowsyArmLarry

Nasty. Looks like it could be a complete break so feel very sorry for the guy.

Bug8er all the driver can do in that situation though
Anyone just seen what just happened in the Formula 1? on 17:33 - Apr 8 with 5376 viewsBasuco

Fib & tib broken for sure, hope it is nothing else.
Anyone just seen what just happened in the Formula 1? on 17:35 - Apr 8 with 5354 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

What did you expect Raikkonen to do - stop, get out and provide first aid?

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Anyone just seen what just happened in the Formula 1? on 17:36 - Apr 8 with 5349 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Anyone just seen what just happened in the Formula 1? on 17:31 - Apr 8 by FrowsyArmLarry

Nasty. Looks like it could be a complete break so feel very sorry for the guy.

Bug8er all the driver can do in that situation though

Presumably the stop-go board guy's fault.

Is that the standard position for the tyre change guy to stand?

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Anyone just seen what just happened in the Formula 1? on 17:41 - Apr 8 with 5318 viewsBasuco

Anyone just seen what just happened in the Formula 1? on 17:36 - Apr 8 by Nthsuffolkblue

Presumably the stop-go board guy's fault.

Is that the standard position for the tyre change guy to stand?

No, release is done by software now, the wheel would not come off so the guy adjusted his position.
Anyone just seen what just happened in the Formula 1? on 17:49 - Apr 8 with 5284 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Anyone just seen what just happened in the Formula 1? on 17:35 - Apr 8 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Well presumably when he was out of the car he might have had a quick look to see if the bloke was alive rather than throw a strop and storm down the garage.

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

Anyone just seen what just happened in the Formula 1? on 17:50 - Apr 8 with 5270 viewsmanchego

Anyone just seen what just happened in the Formula 1? on 17:35 - Apr 8 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

No, not first aid. But appearing to give the slightest damn would have been nice.
Login to get fewer ads

Anyone just seen what just happened in the Formula 1? on 17:59 - Apr 8 with 5220 viewsSitfcB

Go over to him, give him a pat and some words of comfort.

A bit like when a player injures another player accidentally and stays with him or goes over to him to apologies etc.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Anyone just seen what just happened in the Formula 1? on 18:04 - Apr 8 with 5200 viewsHerbivore

Nasty, his leg has properly snapped.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Anyone just seen what just happened in the Formula 1? on 18:21 - Apr 8 with 5132 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

No way?

Excitement in F1?!

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Anyone just seen what just happened in the Formula 1? on 18:24 - Apr 8 with 5114 viewsBent_double

Anyone just seen what just happened in the Formula 1? on 17:49 - Apr 8 by The_Romford_Blue

Well presumably when he was out of the car he might have had a quick look to see if the bloke was alive rather than throw a strop and storm down the garage.

I don't think he was throwing a strop, just keeping out of the way and letting the medics deal with the injured guy.

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

Anyone just seen what just happened in the Formula 1? on 20:33 - Apr 8 with 4907 viewsTrequartista

Not sure why the driver stopped, there was nothing wrong with his car?

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Anyone just seen what just happened in the Formula 1? on 20:38 - Apr 8 with 4895 viewslongtimefan

Anyone just seen what just happened in the Formula 1? on 20:33 - Apr 8 by Trequartista

Not sure why the driver stopped, there was nothing wrong with his car?

They hadn’t changed his rear near side tyre so he was running with different tyre types which I believe would be an infringement of the rules.
Anyone just seen what just happened in the Formula 1? on 21:19 - Apr 8 with 4791 viewsSwansea_Blue

Anyone just seen what just happened in the Formula 1? on 18:21 - Apr 8 by Marshalls_Mullet

No way?

Excitement in F1?!

Throwing people in front of the cars sounds like a drastic solution though. I bet they don't get many volunteers!

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Anyone just seen what just happened in the Formula 1? on 07:45 - Apr 9 with 4525 viewsBluetaff

He didn't 'storm' past and into the pits though - he hesitated at the door to the garage and after taking the scene in, turned and walked through. No strop, no drama.

The mechanic was surrounded by medics and concerned team mates - I'm sure there would be further outrage if Kimi had pushed his way through to pat the lad on his head

Blog: The National Conundrum

Anyone just seen what just happened in the Formula 1? on 08:06 - Apr 9 with 4487 viewsSteve_M

Anyone just seen what just happened in the Formula 1? on 17:59 - Apr 8 by SitfcB

Go over to him, give him a pat and some words of comfort.

A bit like when a player injures another player accidentally and stays with him or goes over to him to apologies etc.

I hope no Brentford fans were watching the race.

Don't usually watch F1 but saw it yesterday, that was a nasty one.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Anyone just seen what just happened in the Formula 1? on 08:09 - Apr 9 with 4479 viewsBenters2

Anyone just seen what just happened in the Formula 1? on 08:06 - Apr 9 by Steve_M

I watched the start.

I then switched over to the Chelsea v West ham game,i have no idea who won the race or who won the football game.
Anyone just seen what just happened in the Formula 1? on 08:13 - Apr 9 with 4471 viewsHerbivore

Anyone just seen what just happened in the Formula 1? on 08:06 - Apr 9 by Steve_M

Brentford fans will hold a grudge against Kimi for years now I imagine.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

(No subject) (n/t) on 09:23 - Apr 9 with 4413 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Anyone just seen what just happened in the Formula 1? on 17:49 - Apr 8 by The_Romford_Blue

Hands up here - I hadn’t seen the incident in full and didn’t realise he retired immediately after. I thought you were criticising him for driving off and continuing his race

Apologies
[Post edited 9 Apr 2018 9:42]

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Anyone just seen what just happened in the Formula 1? on 09:27 - Apr 9 with 4401 viewshampstead_blue

Anyone just seen what just happened in the Formula 1? on 17:50 - Apr 8 by manchego

No, not first aid. But appearing to give the slightest damn would have been nice.

he still had his helmet and neck brace on. We didn't see his face.

My impression was that he stopped to see what had happened and walked into the garage as I assume (as it was out of shot) there were medics on scene and he could do nothing.

There were other mechanics standing around as well. Not everyone was on scene.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024