Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Emyr Huws cost £250k 14:07 - Apr 5 with 7069 viewsDanFord

I have a feeling Mick will let all sort of information out now. Especially stuff that confirms he's had even less to spend than reported.

Poll: Would you be willing to consider a new club crest?

Emyr Huws cost £250k on 14:09 - Apr 5 with 6287 viewsCurrie10

I don't think people quite realise what a bloody good job he's done on the whole / while not berating the chairman the entire of his stay and being stitched up ie Murphy leaving / Leon Best in........
Emyr Huws cost £250k on 14:11 - Apr 5 with 6249 viewsMark

The club let us think all season that Huws cost about £1m. I am glad he didn't cost that much but wish they would be more open about fees.
Emyr Huws cost £250k on 14:13 - Apr 5 with 6202 viewsJ2BLUE

Emyr Huws cost £250k on 14:09 - Apr 5 by Currie10

I don't think people quite realise what a bloody good job he's done on the whole / while not berating the chairman the entire of his stay and being stitched up ie Murphy leaving / Leon Best in........

Most people really do recognise the job he has done with limited resources. They also recognise he's not done as good as he could have if he took the handbrake off and actually went for the opportunities that come our way.

At a side with more quality in the final third who can create a few more chances and convert them he'll do very well. He needed to take a few more risks here though.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Emyr Huws cost £250k on 14:15 - Apr 5 with 6128 viewslongtimefan

Emyr Huws cost £250k on 14:11 - Apr 5 by Mark

The club let us think all season that Huws cost about £1m. I am glad he didn't cost that much but wish they would be more open about fees.

Maybe the club release whatever fee ITFCSteward makes up
Emyr Huws cost £250k on 14:17 - Apr 5 with 6083 viewsArcher4721

Yes but did he say we paid up his contract of nearly a million?
Emyr Huws cost £250k on 14:18 - Apr 5 with 6093 viewsSteve_M

This has been posted on here before as definite info, I thought it was fairly well known.

There would have been a decent signing on fee involved as well.
[Post edited 5 Apr 2018 14:24]

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Emyr Huws cost £250k on 14:41 - Apr 5 with 5757 viewsGuru_of_Ipswich

If he did cost that much then Evans has to take the credit, we are always told he does the negotiating on signings, mick just gives his opinion on how much should be spent.
Emyr Huws cost £250k on 14:44 - Apr 5 with 5720 viewsWestover

I think he was getting mixed up with the Waghorn fee which was £250k
Login to get fewer ads

Emyr Huws cost £250k on 14:44 - Apr 5 with 5709 viewsericclacton

I might be wrong, but I think you'll find Huws has been injured for the majority of his playing career, that's why Colin let him go cheap. Micks budget was an insult................

Emyr Huws cost £250k on 14:45 - Apr 5 with 5686 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Does it make any real difference to the fans how much a fee was or wasn't?

Surely what matters is what we get out of the players we do end up with (and more than that what we get out of them together as a team).

Ultimately there is also whether or not the club is run overall in a way that is sustainable or sends it into administration of course, too.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Emyr Huws cost £250k on 14:48 - Apr 5 with 5633 viewsArcher4721

He did cost that though! We had to pay up his contract at Cardiff to release him.

These days players receive more in fees than the selling club receive.
[Post edited 5 Apr 2018 14:49]
Emyr Huws cost £250k on 15:03 - Apr 5 with 5480 viewsBLUEBEAT

Emyr Huws cost £250k on 14:48 - Apr 5 by Archer4721

He did cost that though! We had to pay up his contract at Cardiff to release him.

These days players receive more in fees than the selling club receive.
[Post edited 5 Apr 2018 14:49]

And of course you have the proof to post up here to back your statement...

Poll: ACID, FUNK, ACID FUNK?

Emyr Huws cost £250k on 15:07 - Apr 5 with 5439 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Not really sure that makes a difference.

If we got Huws for £250k then it has to be said that was a good deal by Evans at the time. A year after he moved to Cardiff for a much bigger fee.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Emyr Huws cost £250k on 15:07 - Apr 5 with 5438 viewsBLUEBEAT

Emyr Huws cost £250k on 14:44 - Apr 5 by ericclacton

I might be wrong, but I think you'll find Huws has been injured for the majority of his playing career, that's why Colin let him go cheap. Micks budget was an insult................

People say Marcus Evans plays a safe line/is risk-averse but he absolutely loves taking a chance on injury riddled players, be it permanent signings or loans, if he can get them for a song....

Poll: ACID, FUNK, ACID FUNK?

Emyr Huws cost £250k on 15:08 - Apr 5 with 5427 viewsimsureazzure

His old mate Colin may have received a drink? Who knows?
Emyr Huws cost £250k on 15:42 - Apr 5 with 5124 viewsSuperfrans

£1m might well have been correct at the time, if we assumed a certain number of add ins based on appearances, which he hasn’t hit - for instance, we might’ve have promises an extra £100k for each 10 matches or £250k for 30 games, plus bonuses to him per games played.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Emyr Huws cost £250k on 15:47 - Apr 5 with 5079 viewsTheBlueBarca

Say what you want about Mick, but getting Waghorn and Garner for the prices he did last summer was genius. It's just a shame the budget didn't stretch to replacement central defenders and more squad cover or we'd be looking at Playoffs this season rather than a managerial change and total uncertainty.

5 point plan though...

Everyone on this forum is always wrong.
Poll: Should Tommy Smith be awarded a Testimonial at Ipswich?

Emyr Huws cost £250k on 15:50 - Apr 5 with 5037 viewstextbackup

Emyr Huws cost £250k on 14:09 - Apr 5 by Currie10

Did Evans gift wrap best for him then? Mick have no say in the signing at all?

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Emyr Huws cost £250k on 15:52 - Apr 5 with 5024 viewsJ2BLUE

Emyr Huws cost £250k on 15:47 - Apr 5 by TheBlueBarca

Say what you want about Mick, but getting Waghorn and Garner for the prices he did last summer was genius. It's just a shame the budget didn't stretch to replacement central defenders and more squad cover or we'd be looking at Playoffs this season rather than a managerial change and total uncertainty.

5 point plan though...

Not knocking him because you have to take the opportunities that come your way but Waghorn was a fish that leaped into his net. Someone phoned him and said Waghorn was available and MM said he's take him.

Truly impaired.

Emyr Huws cost £250k on 15:54 - Apr 5 with 5006 viewsitfcjoe

Emyr Huws cost £250k on 15:52 - Apr 5 by J2BLUE

Not knocking him because you have to take the opportunities that come your way but Waghorn was a fish that leaped into his net. Someone phoned him and said Waghorn was available and MM said he's take him.

Do you not think that same person phoned more managers than just Mick to get Waggy a move?

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Emyr Huws cost £250k on 16:07 - Apr 5 with 4924 viewsGuru_of_Ipswich

Emyr Huws cost £250k on 15:47 - Apr 5 by TheBlueBarca

5 point plan though...

But mick didn’t get them for that price, he only identified them. ME done the negotiations.
Emyr Huws cost £250k on 16:27 - Apr 5 with 4827 viewsReusersTown

F*cking steal!...If he ever plays again.
Emyr Huws cost £250k on 16:31 - Apr 5 with 4798 viewsCaptainObvious

That is now three players {Garner, Waghorn, Huws} that this website reported as being bought with fees in excess of £1m, when the real fees were nowhere near.

I wonder if that is down to a pants-on-fire source or if the club were deliberately misleading the press.

i.p. verification result : "not blueas"
Poll: Garner or Pitman?

Emyr Huws cost £250k on 16:51 - Apr 5 with 4699 viewsJ2BLUE

Emyr Huws cost £250k on 15:54 - Apr 5 by itfcjoe

Do you not think that same person phoned more managers than just Mick to get Waggy a move?

I’m sure they did. I’m just saying it wasn’t genius, just making the most of the opportunity. I have no axe to grind with MM. There’s plenty to praise him for.

Truly impaired.

Emyr Huws cost £250k on 17:10 - Apr 5 with 4630 viewsMark

Emyr Huws cost £250k on 14:45 - Apr 5 by Nthsuffolkblue

Does it make any real difference to the fans how much a fee was or wasn't?

Surely what matters is what we get out of the players we do end up with (and more than that what we get out of them together as a team).

Ultimately there is also whether or not the club is run overall in a way that is sustainable or sends it into administration of course, too.

Well, it is nice as a fan to know whether a player was a bargain or a waste of money. I appreciate there are more and bigger costs than a transfer fee, but I am sure we heard many times that Mings cost £10k and it was great to think we made such a profit on him. When players are bought for small fees we can give more credit to the manager for finding them, and when fees are large (cough, cough) we can be thankful to the owner.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024